New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: The Crystal Cult [IC]

A guard astride a griffon with a red plume (indicating a rank of sergeant) nods to Alexandria. "Yes ma'am, right away!"

"Kincaid, get this thing moored properly!" the woman on top yells down to someone belowdecks. The vessel moves a bit, dropping down a tad and crashing against the edge of the Landing, if only slightly. With the vessel holding, the woman on top lets go of the railing and helps anyone who wants aboard on. "Might be best to hunker below-it gets rough up here," she adds.

Down below, there's a woman at the... Helm? Maybe? It's hard to tell what exactly it is, as it appears to be some sort of contraption for controlling the vessel, but it's not like anything you've seen before. There are loops of something hanging down, and a circular white plate-porcelain, maybe?-about five feet wide she's standing on.

"Oh gods don't panic don't panic princess on board oh gods what do I do don't crash don't crash-Arma! Let me know the moment I can move this thing!" the woman piloting it says. She's a bit below average in height, with purple hair above her furry, pointed ears. She's furry, covered in soft brown down, with a lighter patch on her front, and is dressed in boots, short breaches, and a tunic with a vest.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

2. - Top - End - #62

Princess, Sergeant! Alexandria calls out to correct the sergeant. Where a lesser princess may have the man demoted for his faux pas, Alexandria will put it to his lesser intellect, and the stress of the situation.

Do not worry, miss. She calls to the pilot as she panicks. Should you lose control, I can simply feather fall us to safety.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

The closest foes dealt with, Mina quickly reaches down to relieve one of the assailants of their mask, as well as their unusual blade. She then falls into place behind the princess.

4. - Top - End - #64

Quote Originally Posted by Ryton View Post
    The closest foes dealt with, Mina quickly reaches down to relieve one of the assailants of their mask, as well as their unusual blade. She then falls into place behind the princess.
    Beneath the mask is an ordinary-looking man-a quick examination, all you have time for, reveals nothing unusual, no markings, nothing. Grabbing the blade sends a shock down your arm and into your mind-nothing that causes harm, but a brief spike of... Something. You quickly stow the blade somewhere it doesn't directly touch you, just in case it can turn worse than that.

Show
    Show

Show

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

After much thought Serenity sighed and broke off, jumping on the ship as well "Let's do this"

Pulling out a vial from her bag, Serenity asked "Who's currently feeling any ill effect from the crackling? This potion should counteract it for a short while, take it and use it when you think it's better. Also who's wounded?"

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    The potion adds 1d4 to attack rolls and saving throws for a minute and can be drunk as an action.

Serenity can make more sacrificing 1st level slots but I'd rather first check for wounded.

Also her potions gives 2d6+5 temporary hit points.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Emera frowned as the goons started dragging people away. For what purpose, she wondered? Hostages? The whispers were slowly coming back, and one of them offered another possibility: Sacrifices? Still, she didn't have time to worry about this - there were bigger problems brewing, from the sounds of it.

Emera looked over the ship. Presumably, the woman on board and her pilot had taken this vessel from the group orchestrating these attacks. As far as Emera could tell, she was trustworthy. The whispers offered no dissent. Thus, Emera prepared to board.

There was just one problem. She wasn't exactly a strong individual. But there was a simple solution to this - she commanded her Shadow Spawn, "Go aboard first, then help me up." The creature of darkness promptly obliged, then reached a claw out to her, leading to the rather strange sight of a fearsome, shadowy monster helping up a well-dressed lady into a ship, light a gentleman.

Once aboard, Emera turns to the princess and the soldier who had beckoned them aboard. "Forgive my presumption, but If you'll have me, I'd like to assist in this effort."
    Quote Originally Posted by Potato_Priest View Post
    Honestly, most players would get super excited about Zenob the god of crabs because it's eccentric. I know I would.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    But a friendly reminder that, by RAW, this game is unplayable

7. - Top - End - #67

"Right-anyone who can't hold onto the railing at high speeds, belowdecks, now," the woman on top-Arma, apparently-orders. There's some movement, with Emera and possibly others heading down below, but once everyone is situated, the woman below-Kincaid, apparently-starts moving the vessel.

"This is gonna be a bit rough..." Kincaid says, and the ship you're on heads out from Midrew's Landing. The other vessels, the ones that disgorged your assailants, moved smoothly, silently, barely a whisper on the wind. This one is full of turbulence and makes some kind of rumbling, grating sound.

Despite the rumbling, the vessel moves effectively, and you zoom off into the sky. Alexandria's second youngest sister, she knows, is currently attending some gala with nobility for the Harvest Festival, and the ship is heading straight for there.

Up top, speaking loudly over the wind, Arma is giving a briefing on the situation. "Since this is a noble event, there's a lot more guards here. They sent something heavier than just some soldiers to this one-be ready!"

Show
    Show

Show

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

"Time to get mixing, then"

Show

Mina is lightly wounded so she can take an Healing Elixir that'll heal her for (2d4+5)[9] hp and also give her (2d6+5)[8] temporary hit points (if she wants to drink it of course).

Sophie can take the Boldness Elixir- (2d6+5)[10] temporary hit points and +1d4 to attack rolls and saving throws for 10 minutes (so assume it's drank later).

I don't see good mobility options so Serenity will give Alexandria a Swiftness potion for +10 feet speed and (2d6+5)[13] temporary hit points.

Lastly (I'm not including Emera as she already has a lot of THP, that said if you want a buff it only costs a 1st level slot so no big deal) Serenity will drink her Transformation potion, giving herself (2d6+5)[10] thp and growing claws that are magical +1 weapons that deal 1d6 damage. Could be useful-ish?

That'll be my preparations I think, consuming two 1st level slots.

Serenity distribuited her potions, with some more deference when handing the princess her own.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Mina accepts the potion from Serenity wordlessly, but with a smile. At Arma's instruction, Mina notes the princess's apparent intention to stay topside. She glances around for a moment, then reaches up and pulls a ribbon from her hair and uses it to quickly tie a hand to the rail, just in case.

10. - Top - End - #70

Do we have any details on the amount of invaders, and whether they have any casters among them? Alexandria asks Arma

And is there any armor shaped for me, here? It's usually considered impolite to wear armor at a party, unless you have military victories to your name.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

11. - Top - End - #71

Sophie, with a glance towards the people being dragged off by the goons, turns hoof and gallops for them. She shouts "I'll keep the folk here safe! You just focus on saving the rest!"

Back on the vessel, "No armor-you'll have to tough it without," Arma says as Kincaid continues to take the ship towards the nobles' gala. "And there's some kind of golem there. It's probably being controlled, given its actions, but how near that controller might be... No clue."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    You've got a few minutes of prep time. If you want to cast some buffs or otherwise prepare, lemme know-if you're all good, I'll skip ahead to arrival.

Show
    Show

Show

12. - Top - End - #72

NecromancerGirl

After commanding her Shadow Spirit to wait on the deck of the ship, Emera retreated below. The voyage was a bit rough, but Emera had a stern stomach, and wasn't bothered by the conditions. There was little to do at this point - she'd cast all the preparatory spells she could - and so she sat in a corner, eyes closed so that she could better listen to the whispers. Occasionally, they were even intelligible.

"Darkness..."
    "Approaching the foe..."
    "...Must pay..."
    "Why? Why this attack...?"

That last one was actually a good question. Perhaps Emera would have a chance to find out soon enough.

Show
    I've got my Concentration spell up, and I've got Armor of Agathys on already... the only other buff I could do would be Disguise Self, and that doesn't seem terribly useful right now!
    Honestly, most players would get super excited about Zenob the god of crabs because it's eccentric. I know I would.

13. - Top - End - #73

Lady Anna! Alexandria intoned touching her holy symbol to Mina's forehead.

Grant my servant strength to resist the call of the reaper this day! She continues, waving her arm around Mina's body.

Spoiler
    Show

Mina gets a death ward.

14. - Top - End - #74

You arrive on the scene, Kincaid managing to avoid any major crashes. It's a rough ride, but no one falls off.

The vessel skids across the island, and lands. Arma helps anyone who needs it off, and you rush into the building, seeing several knocked out guards on the way in. Inside, you see a crystal humanoid figure, some twelve feet tall. Its top is rounded, and has no differentiation between its torso and head. Its one, staring, white eye gazes towards you.

Spoiler: Roll Initiative
    Show
    (1d20+2)[5] Golem
    (1d20+3)[9] Other 1
    (1d20+3)[14] Other 2
    (1d20+3)[19] Princess
    (1d20+4)[11] Mina
    (1d20+4)[23] Emera
    (1d20+0)[3] Serenity

Show
    Show

Show

15. - Top - End - #75

NecromancerGirl

"That's our target?" Emera asks, raising her hand towards the crystaline golem creature. The whispers became more unified, more insistent. They sensed the threat it posed, and wished to destroy it. And so Emera called upon her power to heed their desires. "Destarok," she intoned, firing a pair of Eldritch Blasts towards the golem. Afterwards, she beckoned to her Shadow Spirit, calling it closer. "Stay in front of me and protect me."

The shadowy creature, obliging, moves up in front of its master and crosses its forelimbs in a defensive stance...

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Firing a pair of Eldritch Blasts at the Golem.

Attack 1: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]
    Attack 2: [roll2] Damage: [roll3]

The Shadow Spirit, meanwhile, will move directly in front of Emera and take the Dodge action.

16. - Top - End - #76

NecromancerGirl

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Damn it, the popup message ruined my rolls. Trying again:

Attack 1: (1d20+11)[20] Damage: (1d10+5)[14]
    Attack 2: (1d20+11)[24] Damage: (1d10+5)[8]

17. - Top - End - #77

Alexandria let out a yell, as dozens of firebolts burst from her hands, hanging in the air before all converging on the golem.

Scorched EARTH! She cried out.

Spoiler
    Show

Casting fireball as a fourth level spell slot. DC 17 dex. (9d6)[27]

18. - Top - End - #78

Spoiler: Save
    Show
    (1d20+2)[17]
    (1d20+2)[10] Advantage

The golem's crystalline form is slightly marred by the fireball, but it's still trucking.

Show
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2021-12-27 at 11:57 AM.

Show
    Show

Show

19. - Top - End - #79
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Mina quickly rushes forward, placing herself between it and Alexandria, then swings her amber blade at the golem.

Show
    Mina will swing the Psychic Blade at the golem once, and then upon presumably encountering no mind to stab, will simply pummel it with her bare hands.
    Attack - (1d20+8)[25]; Psychic Damage - (1d6+4)[9]
    Attack - (1d20+8)[11]; Damage - (1d6+4)[7]
    Attack - (1d20+8)[13]; Damage - (1d6+4)[7]

Sneak Attack - (5d6)[16]

20. - Top - End - #80

The psychic blade does cause the golem to briefly glow, but doesn't seem to cause any damage.

It then swings out, two strikes at Mina, its dolorous fists slamming hard.

Show
    (1d20+11)[31]
    (4d6+7)[26]

(1d20+11)[27]
    (4d6+7)[16]

Magical bludgeoning damage, if relevant.

Show
    Show

Show

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Serenity ran by Mina's side, throwing a Firebolt on the way there.
    "Don't use that sword of yours" she told her when she made sure Mina was paying attention "The golem's absorbing it- I think it'll use the energy to strike us down with it"

Meanwhile her little homunculus kept going pew pew at it. Couldn't do much more.

Show

Alright, so, attacking with Firebolt (1d20+9)[26] for (2d10+5)[16] fire damage, and bonus action to fire with the homunculus (1d20+9)[17] for (1d4+4)[7] force damage. She will move into melee next to Mina afterwards.

Serenity is still concentrating on that Control Winds which ties her up in terms of options. Still she can at least help flank.

22. - Top - End - #82

NecromancerGirl

Seeing her companions boldly charge into melee with the golem, she gave a command to her summoned creature, "Go to the golem and attack it." She punctuated her words with another brief incantation for another salvo of Eldritch Blasts. The Shadow Spirit, obliging her, hustled towards the melee with surprising speed.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Eldritch Blast #1: (1d20+11)[14] Damage: (1d10+5)[12]
    Eldritch Blast #2: (1d20+11)[31] Damage: (1d10+5)[9]
    In case of crit: (1d10)[9]

The Shadow Spirit will move towards the Golem, taking the dash action if necessary. If not, I'll post its attack rolls afterwards.

23. - Top - End - #83

Spoiler: HP Total
    Show

The golem is taking damage, a few cracks visible on its crystal exterior, but isn't even close to out.

Show
    Show

Show

24. - Top - End - #84

Alexandria lets out the same styled yell as before, as yet more globes of fire appear around the top of the creature, converging into it.

Spoiler
    Show

Fireball fourth level spell Dex save DC 17 (9d6)[23]

25. - Top - End - #85

Spoiler: Save
    Show
    (1d20+2)[7]
    (1d20+2)[6] Advantage

I think I've miscalculated the HP damage-can someone help me know for sure what damage has been taken, and of what types?

Show
    Show

Show

26. - Top - End - #86
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Mina winces in pain as the golem's blows land. That first one felt like it might have cracked a rib...

Annoyed, Mina strikes at it again with her fists, then retreats back a short way and touches her injury, causing the pain to lessen slightly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Flurry on the golem, and swapping one of the strikes for Healing Hands, then safely falling back 40ft via Mobile.

Attack - (1d20+8)[27]
    Damage - (1d6+4)[9]

Attack - (1d20+8)[28]
    Damage - (1d6+4)[10]

Attack - (1d20+8)[19]
    Damage - (1d6+4)[6]

Damage is Magical Bludgeoning, and no Sneak Attack since Unarmed Strikes aren't Finesse.
    Healing Hands - (1d6+4)[6]

27. - Top - End - #87
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Show
    Oh hey, a crit!
    Crit Damage - (1d6)[1]

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ettin in the Playground

"Thanks for the ride, Mister!"

The sound of another airship is briefly broken up by a clopping thud as Sophie manages a successful leap from the vehicle. Already having given up on keeping her dress intact, she takes one look at the golem, hooves pawing at the ground before she charges the stony foe, both hands gripping her sword before she brings it down in a sledge hammer blow.

Show

Using the Centaur's charge attack AND the Divine Strike for this:
    (1d20+10)[24]
    (1d20+10)[30]

...I do get two regular attacks, right?

(1d20+9)[28]

Here's the one for the hooves.

(1d10+6)[16]
    (1d10+6)[8]
    Sword

(1d8)[1] Divine Strike
    (1d4+6)[8] Hoof damage

<BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

29. - Top - End - #89

The golem stops moving for a moment-then it moves, much more slowly and deliberately. It repositions slightly, so it's standing with its arms at its sides, not attacking or moving anymore.

Show
    Show

Show

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Oh ****, my turn.

Mmm... Disengage and moving 40 feet past the golem.

Unsure on what to do, Serenity carefully backed off from the golem going past it to go find the princess' sister. Which was also a princess.

"Princess, the golem seems to have stopped and your sister is here. Please, don't be afraid and come with us"