New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: PnP Arcanum

1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default PnP Arcanum

Arcanum (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arcanum...Magick_Obscura
    is a game I like very much. Well, not only the game, but the world and the idea that sits behind it. The victorian age of technology, quite similar to our industrial revolution, mixed with the magic of the past. ANd I especially enjoy the magic/technology clash the game features.
    So I wondered if you know a P&P that is set to a similar background, and if you can reccomend it, or, some ideas on how to bring Arcanum to the gaming table. Sadly, I don't have much experiance wih homebrewing, so if you could tell me tricks and give me advice, I will gratefully accept it.
    Si non confectus, non reficiat.

The beautiful girl is courtesy of Serpentine
    My S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripjat Let's Play! Please give it a read, more than one constant reader would be nice!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: PnP Arcanum

D&D can come fairly close, if you use the guns in the dmg (not the future or modern ones but the others), and have some house rules about magic and technology interfering with each other.

The WoW d20 books (either version) can also be used, especially the Tinker class.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Luckily, I posess the WoW D20 books, and I've been thinking about using some of the rules from those books. Hm, maybe DnD would be close enough. Just let me tinker....
    Si non confectus, non reficiat.

The beautiful girl is courtesy of Serpentine
    My S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripjat Let's Play! Please give it a read, more than one constant reader would be nice!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

You may want to look at Iron Kingdoms.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

Dragonmech is all about Steam Technology overtaking Magic, both Arcane and Divine... perhaps it can be of some use. Granted it is also post apocalyptic and has steam mechs (not as silly as it sounds). Mix it with Eberron and that should be golden.

6. - Top - End - #6

If you ever make a PbP adventure of Arcanum, count me in. A better Fallout, which uses magic and steampunk? Yes please!