New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

Default Are we allowed to advertise?

I've been a board member since the mid 2,000's. I'm curious if I have permission to advertise.
    I am ArlEammon. I've been here since 2004, but I've lost access to my other account.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Are we allowed to advertise?

Quote Originally Posted by DarthArminius View Post
    I've been a board member since the mid 2,000's. I'm curious if I have permission to advertise.
    The Mod on the Silver Mountain: This is plainly addressed in the Forum Rules:
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Rules
    Commercial (For-Profit) Advertising
    Posting advertisements for commercial products, services, or events will result in an immediate ban, and all advertisements removed. Note that a suggestion of a product in the course of a related discussion is not considered advertising (unless the poster holds a personal stake in the finances of the company suggested). For example, if you are posting to a thread regarding d20 rules for shipboard combat, feel free to point other posters to a sourcebook on the topic. You can even link to the company that publishes it—as long as you do not work for that company. But do not start a thread whose sole purpose is to trumpet Book X and declare its greatness to the population at large.

(Exception: Representatives of Giant in the Playground and/or its licensees and distributors are permitted to make posts advertising services and products related directly to Giant in the Playground. They are not permitted to make posts advertising other services they might provide.)

Posters are not permitted to advertise or sell goods or services on this forum. If you wish to advertise a non-commercial website, please refer to rules regarding advertising.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2