New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Firbolg in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Ruins of Azlant IC 2

Henri does his part, often performing the heavy-lifting and manual labor stoically, until the crystals disappear under an apparent illusion. "Weird - I don't like this...going put up a warning at the entrance..." he explains as he walks away to do that, hopefully conscripting the aid of someone in the colony with the writing skills and supplies.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Laurelata will help moving the stuff and putting up the sign. Now they have an easier entrance, she also proposes to close the way through the well, just to make sure there's nothing foul that can enter into the well that way. She knows that the household utensils will fetch a good price in the fledgling colony as those are the types of items they need the most at the moment. She selects some items she might be able to use in her food business. The whiskey could also come in handy, but it's not enough really.
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

3. - Top - End - #453
    Titan in the Playground

Jessica nods, satisfied with their findings. "I'd call that a job well done!" she exhorts. "No more chokers to be stealing the goats, and I can't fathom the crystal fellas will be a problem for our water supply. Seems they just want to harvest the crystals and without some market, I hardly see any value disturbing them."

After only a moment, she frowns thoughtfully. "Which brings us back to the matter at hand... We've still got Rayland and Eliza to deal with, and not much of a lead. We could find some excuse to continue camping out of town, but I don't know that that's a sustainable solution. At best, we're mostly just delaying having to deal with that issue.... But I can't come up with any better solutions. Without knowing what's going on with them, we're... we're still very much just floundering..."

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Taz nods, she was happy for an excuse to be away from them. ”Right! We need to break the enchantment on Rayland. We could get someone in the colony to try to do that, maybe one of the priests?”

5. - Top - End - #455
    Troll in the Playground

"I agree. Lets regroup for now. No point in hanging around here anymore" Hewitt replies hoping the extra treasure wont be too much bruden for the rest.
    Thanks to linklele for the amazing avvy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Spoiler: Easydamus result
    Show

Neutral Good Human Paladin/Cleric (3rd/2nd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-15 Dexterity-13 Constitution-14
    Intelligence-16 Wisdom-17 Charisma-14
    Alignment: Neutral Good

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ettin in the Playground

You go back to the village and have a guard call up the priests. The priests say neither of them can just break the enchantment, but there is this plan: the three of you can cast every spell slot as a Protection from Evil. This is not guaranteed to work, but the chances are solid. Can be done as soon as tomorrow and, if not working, repeated the day after that.

7. - Top - End - #457

NecromancerGuy

"I still can't help much, but will stay close, just in case," says Henri calmly as the others discuss magic and interrogations. Perhaps he could be a frightening, intimidating presence, if needed, but otherwise the quiet half-orc lacks the sorts of skills to help much...

8. - Top - End - #458
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

There is little Laurelata can do in that as well, except keeping an eye out for any strange things.
    "These spells only last a few hours," she says to Henri, "so we have to be prepared for him to revert back."

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

9. - Top - End - #459
    Troll in the Playground

"I can help with the castings. I dont mind to asssisting on such matters with my magic in a safer environment." Hewitt replies about the plan.
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

10. - Top - End - #460
    Titan in the Playground

"It's as good an idea as any I've heard. I can cast protection from evil once today, but can plan to prepare more for tomorrow if we want to be more sure of it."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    To be clear, I'm content to do it today, especially if we can have the resident clerics prepared to add a few castings of their own.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ettin in the Playground

The clerics say they have two more castings between them, so you could as well try today, but there is the risk of failing and giving the affected party more time to react before the next try.

Spoiler
    Show
    Please specify when how exactly you are to do it. Right now the two of them are in the tent guarded from some distance by colonial soldiers (mostly one at a time, so that's likely enough to shout a warning at most if things start happening).

12. - Top - End - #462
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Maybe take them a bit further from the town, just in case,", Laurelata suggested. She didn't know much about this, so she would defer to Jessica and the priests if they had other ideas, but keeping this stuff away from the other colonists might not be a bad idea.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Titan in the Playground

Jessica nods soberly before carefully considering the situation. "I think we should go ahead and do it. Maybe make sure there's an extra guard or two close at hand, and I'll prepare another blessing for us, before we begin, just in case." She then turns to the other clerics.

"Father Eamon, Kurvis, I fear this could prove more dangerous than we expect. If you are willing, I would ask you to cast protection from evil on the man largely without warning. We'll tell them that you're coming into the camp to help render aid, but I frankly don't trust them. I think... I suspect Eliza is... not being honest about who she is, and what she's doing. I would love to offer more encouragement or information, but I'm afraid both are something of a shortcoming right now."

Show
    Just to be abundantly clear, my suggestion is this.
    1) we ask the guard to get a few more on hand- just in case. They can stay as far away as they like- in fact, it might be better if they don't get close enough to prompt suspicion?
    2) we reenter camp and tell them that the colony clerics have offered to come aid us.
    3) Jessica casts bless (and anyone else their own preparations)
    4) Eamon or Kurvis casts PoE on Rayland, and we hope something productive comes of it?

14. - Top - End - #464
    Ettin in the Playground

You approach the tent with Eamon and Kurvis, leaving Marius and two other guards behind to do a "new guard shift" procedure some 60 feet away. Both Rayland and Eliza are camping outside. Eliza stands up as you approach. Suddenly, Jessica casts Bless while Eamon, Kurvis and Hewitt all cast Protection from Evil on sitting Rayland. Eliza raises an eyebrow. Rayland blinks. Stands up. Draws the sword and swings it at an empty air that was Eliza just a moment ago. "Ah, bitch!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Rayland will: (1d20+7)[19] (1d20+7)[26] (1d20+7)[14] vs DC 26
    Eliza spellcraft: (1d20+11)[18] (1d20+11)[27] (1d20+11)[16]
    Eliza bluff: (1d20+13)[28]
    Rayland sword: (1d20+11)[24] miss (1d100)[28] for (1d8+4)[8]

Eliza casts a readied spell and is suddenly gone, but you can make perception checks, spellcraft checks or whatever...

15. - Top - End - #465

NecromancerGuy

Henri, who has been watching closely from nearby, immediately focuses and tries to see signs of Eliza. He stays quiet, assuming she must have done something unnatural and magical to evade everyone's sight...

Spoiler: Perception
    Show
    Henri doesn't have anything special to help him here, so a simple check is all he gets... (1d20+9)[19] to identify the square in which Eliza might be.

If he fails on his first check this round he will try again: (1d20+9)[19].

If he succeeds on the first check he will attempt to move to her for a grapple next round.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Troll in the Playground

Hewitt casts Detect Magic and tries to check upon possible results of interest. Hopefully something that could hep them know that they suceeded.

Show

Casting detect magic

Lets make both K. Arcana and Spllcraft checks
    K. A. (1d20+7)[8](1d20+7)[21]
    Spellcraft
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

17. - Top - End - #467
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Just fracking great," Laurelata said as she drew her rapier and tried to see where Eliza had gone to and also what spell she had used. She had already used her detect magic that day, so she couldn't go that way. But being invisible didn't mean you didn't show yourself. Tracks would still show up and if you walked through foliage, the leaves and stuff would move as you touched them. So she looked for those signals mostly.

Spoiler: OOC rolls
    Show

perception: (1d20+9)[29]
    spellcraft: (1d20+4)[24]

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

”Rayland - we know you are being controlled. This freedom of your mind won’t last long, so talk. We need to know as much as we can about what is going on. Is Eliza being controlled too? Tell us what you know.” As she asks, she also watches for danger and braces herself to attack.

Perception - (1d20+7)[8]

19. - Top - End - #469
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"She's still there," Laurelata shouted, not seeing anything move around the location she had been. So she took a wild stab in that area, hoping for a hit, but she didn't feel any resistance, so she had to score that one as a miss.

Show

miss chance: (1d20)[5] (11+ is hit)
    attack: (1d20+5)[18] for damage: (1d6+3)[6]
    Last edited by farothel; 2022-10-23 at 03:21 PM.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Titan in the Playground

"Woah!" Jessica cries, lamely. "I didn't think that was gonna happen!"

Not seeing anything hostile, at least to the party, at least immediately, Jessica lowers her glaive and focuses on Rayland. "Rayland Arkley, you're among allies! We're the second wave of colonists, sent to reinforce Talmandor's Bounty!"

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ettin in the Playground

Henri looks for Eliza and sees nothing much. Nothing notable at all. Laurelata sees the same, but she is sure when nothing means nothing. Like, the grass was not straightening up where the woman has stood just a moment before casting that spell Laurelata also recognises. She tries a stab at the spot, but the rapier meets no resistance. Hewitt also recognises the spell. Not quite trusting his eyes, he tries to locate Eliza by her magical aura, but that was going to take some time.

Meanwhile, Tazmara and Jessica seem to be more concerned with getting Arkley to talk. "Controlled? You bet! But she is eager enough on her own, I will tell you! You shouldn't have brought us here! Oh, damn!" He seems to try to spot Eliza, but soon gives up.

Spoiler: Hewitt, Laurelata
    Show
    The spell is Vanish.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eliza's stealth check: (1d20-4)[11] vs hearing, +20 more vs sight

Rayland has more to say, with or without being questioned, but that is to take some time.
    Spoiler: Anyone beating that check
    Show
    She's taking double move in a random direction away from most of you.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Laurelata felt that Eliza had moved, but she wasn't sure where, so she tried to hear and see where she went. She heard something so she ran that way, trying to keep up.
    "This way," she shouted at the others

Spoiler: OOC round 2
    Show

perception: (1d20+9)[21]

no shot, as not enough on the perception roll. Double move to keep up.
    If successful, shoot: (1d20+5)[8] for damage: (1d8+1)[7] (if evil: (2d6)[10] holy damage)
    if needed, miss chance (11+ is a hit): (1d20)[16]
    Last edited by farothel; 2022-10-27 at 01:56 PM.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Titan in the Playground

Jessica tries to keep up. "Why not? What happened here, Arkley?!" The question isn't so much a demand as urgent need for information coming across less diplomatically than usual.

Spoiler: OOC, round 2
    Show
    Jessica Cooper
    F NG Aasimar (Angel-blooded) Cleric, Level 3, Init 2, HP 20/20, DR Acid, Cold, Elec resist 5, Speed
    AC 11, Touch 11, Flat-footed 10, CMD 15, Fort 4, Ref 2, Will 5, CMB +4, Base Attack Bonus 2
    Glaive +4 (1d10+3, x3)
    Dagger +4/+3 (1d4+1, 19-20,x2)
    Abilities Str 14, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 15, Cha 16
    Condition +2 CL for divination spells
    Augery 2/2 (weekly)
    Inner beauty: 1/1
    Alter self: 1/1
    Channel energy: 4/9, 2d6
    Caravan Bond: (5/5) Active on all allies
    Touch of good: 5/5
    Bit of Luck: 3/5
    Talisman of good fortune: reroll natural 1 (once, then it crumbles)
    See sheet for spells: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1453959

Jessica will move to keep up with Laurelata, readying her blade as she moves.

24. - Top - End - #474
    Troll in the Playground

Hewitt decides to give a brief explanation. "Low level invisibility like spell. Be on your toes everyone!" Hewitt informs the others.

Show

Lets follow the group. Probably near the back of the group.
    Last edited by DaOldeWolf; 2022-10-27 at 11:04 PM.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

25. - Top - End - #475

NecromancerGuy

Henri tries to follow after the fleeing woman, intent on stopping her from escaping if he can pinpoint her location...

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+9)[23], focusing on listening for her while keeping his eyes open to avoid the movement speed penalty from being unable to see (see the Blind condition).

26. - Top - End - #476
    Ettin in the Playground

As most of the grup give chase after fleeing Eliza, Rayland stays firmly in place. He takes a look at Tazmara. "I think we won't catch her, will we? I'll tell you... he pauses for a moment to come up for a plan of his speech "She let that thing out, whatever that is. I think we have the control spells regularly refreshed, but I don't remember it cleary..."

Spoiler
    Show
    You (those with 30-ft base speed) start this turn some 10..15 feet from Eliza and then she takes a double move again.

Eliza's stealth check: (1d20-4)[14] vs hearing, +20 more vs sight

Rayland has more to say, with or without being questioned, but that is to take some time.

=> Party (everyone, any order)
    Last edited by u-b; 2022-10-30 at 11:52 AM.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Laurelata knew that the spell had a limited duration, so if she could stay close to the woman, she would become visible at some time and then they could take her down for some questioning, even if it was with the 'speak with dead' spell. So she kept running and if she didn't know where, the last direction she knew was correct.

Show

perception: (1d20+9)[10]

Last edited by farothel; 2022-10-30 at 01:29 PM.

28. - Top - End - #478

NecromancerGuy

Henri immediately realizes that his slower, crooked-limbed gait won't be enough to keep up with his allies. He continues to try, however, stumbling along as best he can...

Spoiler: Perception
    Show
    (1d20+9)[11] to go in the right direction...

29. - Top - End - #479
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

“Still, let’s try to not fall far behind. What can you say about this ‘master’ from the tower?” Taz scurries after and calls out a direction of the others are getting off track.

Spoiler
    Show
    Double move after the others.

Perception: (1d20+7)[17]

30. - Top - End - #480
    Titan in the Playground

Jessica glances between her allies and Rayland with concern clearly plastered over her face. "What thing?" she stammers, still dividing her attention between the fleeing Eliza and the rest of her allies.

Without too much deliberation, she decides Rayland is the more immediately valuable asset, and stays by his side. Still holding her glaive (but not threateningly), she reaches out a gentle gesture. "There will be time to deal with everything later. We have nothing but time here on the island, so long as we keep ourselves and each other safe."

With delicate, careful motions, she offers to see to Rayland's immediate needs. "What can you tell us about... whatever has been going on? Obviously, you were possessed until very recently. Do you know what did it? Was it Eliza directly? How?"

Spoiler: Jessica, round 3
    Show
    Jessica Cooper
    F NG Aasimar (Angel-blooded) Cleric, Level 3, Init 2, HP 20/20, DR Acid, Cold, Elec resist 5, Speed
    AC 11, Touch 11, Flat-footed 10, CMD 15, Fort 4, Ref 2, Will 5, CMB +4, Base Attack Bonus 2
    Glaive +4 (1d10+3, x3)
    Dagger +4/+3 (1d4+1, 19-20,x2)
    Abilities Str 14, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 15, Cha 16
    Condition +2 CL for divination spells
    Augery 2/2 (weekly)
    Inner beauty: 1/1
    Alter self: 1/1
    Channel energy: 4/9, 2d6
    Caravan Bond: (5/5) Active on all allies
    Touch of good: 5/5
    Bit of Luck: 3/5
    Talisman of good fortune: reroll natural 1 (once, then it crumbles)
    See sheet for spells: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1453959

Jessica will stay with Rayland, beginning to deliberately focus more on his needs than chasing their invisible quarry.