New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

ElfPirate

Default Drow goddess of the undead.

Chosen of Kiaransalee

Also known as The Yathrinshee
    Its a template that can be added to any Elf or Half Elf. A Chosen of Kiaransalee uses the character's statistics and special abilities except as noted below.

BONUS SPELLS (Sp): Constant~~ Detect Undead, Cloak of dark power, Magic circle against good. At will~~ Holy Sword, Desecrate, Speak with dead. 5/day:~~ Suggestion, Blacklight, Death Ward. 3/day~~ Undead Lieutenant, Kiss of the Vampire, Banishment. 1/day~~ Energy drain, Create greater Undead, Gate.

Immunties (Ex): Chosen of Kiaransalee are immune to all the special attack forms from undead beings. They never age but still die when the time is at hand.

Negative energy absorbtion (Su): If the chosen has been successfully attacked by any undead with fewer than 12 hit dice she gains the amount of damage inflicted to her hit points.

The Revenancers smile (Ex): The Chosen of kiaransalee gain a +4 bonus to the DC of any of her spells cast from the school of Necromancy or with the Retribution and Undead discriptors while in the underdark. On the surface however this bonus drops to +2.

Mantle of Nightmares (SP):
    On command the chosen may summon a cloak of rattling bones that causes fear in all living creatures that hear it, requiring a successful Will. save DC30 with a -4 penalty to avoid its effects. She may use this ability once a day, and it lasts a total of 12 hours a day. (the hours may be broken up seperately into rounds).

Loyal Undead (Su): In any given round the chosen can command the absolute loyalty from any undead creature within 200 feet that has less than 8HD and is not of a divine status. This ability functions constantly.

Curse of the Revenancer (Sp): Once a day the chosen may make a touch attack against any living creature. If the attack is successful the opponent must make a Fort. save DC30 or otherwise nothing short of a Wish spell or a Remove Curse spell cast by a 14'th level caster can remove this curse. Once the curse is successfully laid on the creature, any foe killed by the victim has a 15% chance of rising from the grave as a Revenant. If the foe has a Con. score of 18 or better then the chances increase to 30%. If the foe is a follower of Kiaransalee then the chances increase to 50%. If the foe is the chosen who laid the curse, then the chances of rising as a Vampire Lord is 100%.

Spell Immuity (Sp): The Chosen is immune to the spells listed here as if she were constantly under the effects of the spell, Spell Immunity.

*Detect evil
    *Consecrate
    *Slow
    *Enervation
    *Mark of retribution
    *Greter dispelling
    *Holy word
    *Symbol
    *Wail of the Banshee

The vengeful banshees blight (Sp): The Chosen can use this ability one time a day. This ability works just as if she had cast the spell Unholy Blight, except that the area of effect centers on her in a 60 foot radius spread. It deals 1d12 points of damage per 2 caster levels (maximum 5d12) and heals all undead in the area the same amount. It also sickens good creatures for 1d6 rounds causing a -3 penalty to all attack, weapon damage, saving throw, skill, and ability rolls.

Kiaransalee's Undead ally (Sp): The chosen can summon five Wights 4x/ day, three drow vampires 3x/ day, two drow cursts, 2x/ day, or one Nightwalker twice a week.

Saves: The character adds + 2 as a bonus to all saving throws, and + 4 divine bonus to saves against Necromancy spells and spells with the Undeath and Retribution discriptors.

Abilities: Increase from the character as follows: Dexterity +3, Strength +2 Charisma +3, Wisdom +4.

Skills: Hide, Intimidate, move silently and Intuit direction are class skills, regardless of the character's class.

Feats: (You gain these feats automaticly without meeting their prerequisites) Improved Familiar (either a Fiendish Bat, Giant Lizard, Fiendish Viper, Homunculus, Ice Mephit or Imp) Stealthy, Survivor, Twin sword style.

Climate/Terrain: Same as the character.
    Organization: Same as the character, But must be a devoted follower of Kiaransalee.
    Challenge Rating: Same as the character +5.
    Alignment: CE, NE
    Treasure: Same as the character.
    Advancement: Same as the character

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

ElfPirate

Default Re: Drow goddess of the undead.

Really? Nobody liked this? I spent 7 hours making this Template.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

Default Re: Drow goddess of the undead.

Quote Originally Posted by CopperElfCleric View Post
    Chosen of Kiaransalee

Also known as The Yathrinshee
    Its a template that can be added to any Elf or Half Elf. A Chosen of Kiaransalee uses the character's statistics and special abilities except as noted below.
    So, not, if I am understanding correctly, a drow goddess of undead

BONUS SPELLS (Sp): Constant~~ Detect Undead, Cloak of dark power, Magic circle against good. At will~~ Holy Sword, Desecrate, Speak with dead. 5/day:~~ Suggestion, Blacklight, Death Ward. 3/day~~ Undead Lieutenant, Kiss of the Vampire, Banishment. 1/day~~ Energy drain, Create greater Undead, Gate.
    Seems like a lot of good stuff so far. Is there a group that would have this template more-so than others, or is it granted to any follower who proves themselves?

Immunties (Ex): Chosen of Kiaransalee are immune to all the special attack forms from undead beings. They never age but still die when the time is at hand.
    "The time is at hand" is somewhat vague for rules-text, though I think I understand the premise.

Negative energy absorption (Su): If the chosen has been successfully attacked by any undead with fewer than 12 hit dice she gains the amount of damage inflicted to her hit points.

Loyal Undead (Su): In any given round the chosen can command the absolute loyalty from any undead creature within 200 feet that has less than 8HD and is not of a divine status. This ability functions constantly.
    So with these two, taking control of 8 HD undead and healing from the attacks of 12 HD undead seems like an odd combination. I understand the rebuke/control rules are annoyingly weird, but this seems like a lot.

Also, are all attacks from undead dealing negative energy? And does Negative Energy Absorption result in the creature taking no damage, then, if it just re-heals the damage inflicted? Our is one of these supposed to be able to command their wights to continuously maul them for free healing?

The Revenancers smile (Ex): The Chosen of kiaransalee gain a +4 bonus to the DC of any of her spells cast from the school of Necromancy or with the Retribution and Undead descriptors while in the Underdark. On the surface however this bonus drops to +2.

Mantle of Nightmares (SP):
    On command the chosen may summon a cloak of rattling bones that causes fear in all living creatures that hear it, requiring a successful Will. save DC30 with a -4 penalty to avoid its effects. She may use this ability once a day, and it lasts a total of 12 hours a day. (the hours may be broken up seperately into rounds).
    +4 to DCs is an awful lot, but acceptable if they're a super necromancer, I guess. The fear ability does not specify any particular effect, so it should probably say people are frightened. I would certainly hate to keep track of 12 hours in rounds.

Does the final line "(the hours may be broken up seperately into rounds)." mean that the templated creature may restart the ability multiple times, that the total creatures affected share teh same pool of 12 hours of frightening, or what? As it stands, it can only be used once a day, and lasts 12 hours, leading me to believe there's no reason to separate it into rounds.

Also, Revenancer is a funky term. What is it?

Curse of the Revenancer (Sp): Once a day the chosen may make a touch attack against any living creature. If the attack is successful the opponent must make a Fort. save DC30 or otherwise nothing short of a Wish spell or a Remove Curse spell cast by a 14'th level caster can remove this curse. Once the curse is successfully laid on the creature, any foe killed by the victim has a 15% chance of rising from the grave as a Revenant. If the foe has a Con. score of 18 or better then the chances increase to 30%. If the foe is a follower of Kiaransalee then the chances increase to 50%. If the foe is the chosen who laid the curse, then the chances of rising as a Vampire Lord is 100%.
    This is mean. I like it.

Spell Immuity (Sp): The Chosen is immune to the spells listed here as if she were constantly under the effects of the spell, Spell Immunity.

*Detect evil
    *Consecrate
    *Slow
    *Enervation
    *Mark of retribution
    *Greter dispelling
    *Holy word
    *Symbol
    *Wail of the Banshee
    What is Mark of Retribution? And why are they immune to Detect Evil? I feel like there's very little point in that after the last several abilities, and assuming they have other class features

The vengeful banshees blight (Sp): The Chosen can use this ability one time a day. This ability works just as if she had cast the spell Unholy Blight, except that the area of effect centers on her in a 60 foot radius spread. It deals 1d12 points of damage per 2 caster levels (maximum 5d12) and heals all undead in the area the same amount. It also sickens good creatures for 1d6 rounds causing a -3 penalty to all attack, weapon damage, saving throw, skill, and ability rolls.
    No save? And is giving the sickened creatures and extra -1 really important enough to not just say "and good creatures are Sickened for 1d6 rounds"?

Kiaransalee's Undead ally (Sp): The chosen can summon five Wights 4x/ day, three drow vampires 3x/ day, two drow cursts, 2x/ day, or one Nightwalker twice a week.
    I don't see why, but alright.

Abilities: Increase from the character as follows: Dexterity +3, Strength +2 Charisma +3, Wisdom +4.
    I don't think I've ever seen an odd numbered ability score increase on a template. It's weird.

Skills: Hide, Intimidate, move silently and Intuit direction are class skills, regardless of the character's class.
    What is Intuit Direction?

Feats: (You gain these feats automaticly without meeting their prerequisites) Improved Familiar (either a Fiendish Bat, Giant Lizard, Fiendish Viper, Homunculus, Ice Mephit or Imp) Stealthy, Survivor, Twin sword style.
    Stealthy seems weird to add. What is Twin Sword Style? EDIT: Looked it up. Seems oddly particular.

All in all, I feel like this has enough abilities that it ought to just be drawn up as its own monster stat block instead of a template, as this is far too much to keep track of, disregarding other features the base monster may have.

I keep imagining a 1 hit-die parishioner with this and cackling. This is wild.

Really? Nobody liked this? I spent 7 hours making this Template.
    The formatting may be putting people off. I had no idea who Kiaransalee was without googling it, and assumed it was some homebrew god with no description. Maybe describing what it is and what you're trying to do with this template would help.
    Last edited by LecternOfJasper; 2022-01-04 at 02:32 PM.