New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Re: Giantslayer: Battle of Bloodmarch Hill [IC]

"Well, I guess that sets the Plaguehouse as our next destination... I wouldn't mind going there at full strength, however... but I think I can manage as is. What say you?" Aasgar says to the others.
    Can I have a Mountain Dew? Where are the Cheetos?

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

2. - Top - End - #272
    Colossus in the Playground

The others readily agree, and Cici can guide you there. She tells the party a story about the Plague House...
    Spoiler: Plague House History
    Show
    The Plague House, also known as the Burned Church, was Trunau’s original church of Iomedae. When orc raiders burned the building down and killed the priests within, the church of Iomedae decided to build a new chapel inside the city walls. The ruined church became known as the Plague House following a tragedy 50 years ago, when Trunau was afflicted with a plague. The town’s authorities hastily rebuilt the structure and used it to quarantine the plague victims, but a mysterious fire consumed the building a few days later, killing everyone inside—patients and healers—and leaving the infamous site once again in ruins. None have attempted to rebuild it since.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

"Thank you, Cici. I guess, let's gear up and go." says Aasgar and if everyone agrees, he will return to his room and gather all he needs to be ready (read weapons and armour and the like).

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

4. - Top - End - #274

Cici looks to Aasgar and says, "Do you mind if I have Lucette 'stand guard' in your room? It is too cold for her out there."
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Aasgar will look momentarily confused and then realise what she means. "Of course. I had meant to ask more about her. Perhaps that will be a discussion for another time?"

6. - Top - End - #276

With Cici's permission, Lucette scrambles ably out of Cici's hood, down her arm, and with a prodigious leap onto the floor. She throws down a "jerky ball" for Lucette to play with and nibble on. "Now, don't leave this room, and stay here, okay?"

Hopefully, Lucette heard, but is otherwise too entranced with attacking that rascally jerky ball to acknowledge.

"You could ask on the way," Cici says.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Aasgar nods and as they head out he will ask with a smile, "How did you come to be under her guidance?"
    Last edited by BuckGodot; 2022-03-14 at 08:41 AM.

8. - Top - End - #278

"I don't know if the Hunter sent her to me, but I'd like to think so," she answers. "Thing is, Erastil is about farming, community, animal husbandry, local trade, things like that. Through Lucette, however, I have come to knowledge of things that are outside of Old Deadeye's purview. I have noticed a particular connection to the building blocks of the world, and I think in time I could generate other elemental effects. Right now, though, I am still new to this so the most destructive elemental energies I can release is a wave of flame about 15' out in about a 90-degree cone."
    Show

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Nodding, Aasgar continues onward. "Hopefully you won't have cause to use that today. But that's very interesting. Thank you for sharing."

10. - Top - End - #280

"I don't know," says Cici somewhat drily. "As cold as it is, you might ask me to before day's end."

Cici guides you up to the front entrance of the Plague House. The Plague House’s front doors sit three feet above the ground. Charred wooden beams and ash are all that remains of a small porch and stairs that once led to the entrance. The small windows flanking either side of the door frame are broken, but a large stained glass window dominating the face of the building to the right remains in fine shape, and shows a varicolored image of Iomedae holding her sword aloft.

What do you do?
    Show

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Aasgar looks the building over and asks "I suppose the front door is the best way to go... But let's take a stroll around the perimeter and see what there is to see."

12. - Top - End - #282

From their current position, the group could go clockwise or counterclockwise. You do partially see into the windows just south (counterclockwise) of the main doors.

Which way do you do?
    Show

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Counterclockwise.

14. - Top - End - #284

With only 15' south from your current position, and you have a really good look through the (stained glass) window to the space beyond. It is a couple rows of wrought-iron bedframes that take up most of the space in that soaring chamber.

Continue around?
    Show

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Yes. Continue on.

16. - Top - End - #286

You see a shallow fire pit (H8) surrounded by a ring of stones sits in a corner formed by two of the Plague House’s walls.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Is there any indication of recent activity?

18. - Top - End - #288

The group studies the fire. With Imrijka's help, Abenor determines that the fire was used this past night. There are bright blue coals in the fire. Cici is able to determine that these are alchemically-treated coals, that actually show up in a color spectrum (blue) to those who have darkvision. Abenor figures that this was used as some type of signal to those who have darkvision.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

"Interesting... Let's keep looking."Aasgar says thoughtfully. And rises to continue on around.

20. - Top - End - #290

Continuing east, there is a massive natural rock against which the Iomedaean chapel was originally built. Finally, on the north end you get to the Plague House section again. There is a section of the northern part of the building - what was once a staircase - that is in complete ruin. There is even a pretty large hole in the ground.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Aasgar carefully looks at the hole. "Probably not the best way in..." And suggests they continue on.

22. - Top - End - #292

The last section that you note is on the northwestern corner of the ruined building. The western wall has completely collapsed.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

"Right... is everyone okay with entering here?" says Aasgar, looking over the ruined section.

24. - Top - End - #294

Consent from all....

As it might be dark inside, both Imrijka and Cici cast light on some article of clothing on themselves.

So, who should go first?
    Show

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

"Seeing as how I can take a few solid whacks, and the stone foundations and the like, I suggest I go first, then Imrijka, Cici, and Abenor bringing up the rear. Sound agreeable?" asks Aasgar.

If everyone is in agreement, he will enter Circular Stance and with axe in hand, step inside.

26. - Top - End - #296

Actually, Cici and Imrijka switch up so that Imrijka has a little bit more space as what appears to be the party's "archer."

Aasgar will actually have to stow his axe because - while not difficult at all - it is still a "Climb" to scramble into the passageway beyond. Most of this room is in shambles, and the western wall has collapsed in a heap of rubble. A staircase to the northeast leads to a wooden loft upstairs; the area beneath the loft is filled with fallen beams, jumbled bricks, and other debris.

The others haven't come up yet, but it seems that Aasgar's moving about has brought some of the local denizens as two, many-footed creatures

Begin Round One ...

R1T28:
    "Aasgar, look out!" calls Abenor. He gets into a fighting stance, disappears from his current position, and reappears behind one of the creepy-crawlies, dispatching it in a swift, clean stroke.

R1T25: Cici tosses two small metal projectiles at the remaining creepy-crawly. One misses, but one hits for 4.

R1T22: Aasgar, you just climbed up and you haven't had a chance to take out your axe or get into stance. What do you do?
    Show

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Aasgar draws his axe and attacks the bug.

Spoiler: Technical Information
    Show
    MA: Draw axe

SA: Attack (1d20+10)[20]

Damage: (1d12+11)[15]

28. - Top - End - #298

.... and kills it.

Combat Ends...

The rest of you get up into the cramped hallway. What do you do in this hallway?
    Show

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Move straight ahead down the hallway.

30. - Top - End - #300

Aasgar moves 15' south along the hallway to a door.
    Show