New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Giantslayer: Battle of Bloodmarch Hill [IC]

Aasgar says this last part looking up and then to the side to find out that he's been Batmanned by Abenor. Abenor appears a minute later on the top of the wall, and lowers Omast down to the ground. Omast doesn't even try to fight it. He's a drunken wreck.

He’s deeply drunk and can barely manage a coherent thought. Because he is so intoxicated, Omast does not respond well to traditional logic or reasoning. Omast takes even the minutest turns of phrase at face value, too stupefied to decipher nuances or suggestions. When he’s not talking about getting another drink, he’s lamenting the loss of “poor, young Rodrik, that magnificent bastard,” with genuine sorrow.

Aasgar (and to a lesser extent, Abenor) are both masters of dealing with fellow carousers, and steering the conversation in their favor. While drunk, Omast freely shares his feelings on many matters, though such information is only tangentially related to your investigation and is mostly useless in that regard. Omast has an intense dislike for half-orcs, whom he considers reminders of the greatest threat to Trunau. According to Omast, more and more half-orcs have been showing up in town recently, threatening the livelihoods and well-being of “worthy Trunauans.” He knows Rodrik shared a friendship with the half-orc Katrezra, and his jealousy is palpable (he describes the oracle as “a crippled oaf who lounges in the Sanctuary’s beds spouting curses and lies of prophetic dreams”), but Omast seems unaware of Rodrik’s relationship with the half-orc Brinya Kelver.

Beyond lamenting Rodrik’s death and moaning about half-orcs, the only other information a drunk Omast imparts is about the graffiti of “white swords” that has appeared all over town, which he has dedicated himself to eradicating, so far without success. That the graffiti he’s been trying to erase for days has not yet come clean doesn’t seem to faze Omast, who mumbles something about “a sign from Rodrik” or some other supernatural phenomenon.

What do you do with poor Omast now?
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2022-02-23 at 06:53 AM.
    20MAR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: The Worldwound (2013, Jacobs, Keith, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    bcool999: On hiatus through 01APR2024.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

I think, take him back to his quarters and see if he'll sleep it off...

"I doubt we'll get much more out of him... In this state or sober but it may be worth coming back to see him." says Aasgar.

"I say we pay a visit to Rodriks father next and then report back our findings. What are your thoughts on the graffiti now?" Aasgar says to Abenor.
    Can I have a Mountain Dew? Where are the Cheetos?

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

3. - Top - End - #153

Abenor says, "I am worried about this man's inebriation. If we leave him to his devices, he may hurt himself. I will take care of him. I might miss the meetup with Cici later. But I will see to this man's health."
    20MAR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: The Worldwound (2013, Jacobs, Keith, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

"Okay. I'll head on to Rodriks father's and you can let me know your thoughts on the graffiti later, I guess. Watch your back." and Aasgar will turn and see if he can track down Rodriks father.

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

5. - Top - End - #155

Aasgar is NOT going to find Rodrik's father before he needs to meet Cici and Imrijka (and doubtfully Abenor). What does he do?
    Show

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

In that case, he will head to Cici's....

7. - Top - End - #157

To Cici's? To her home? Wasn't she going to her home to do her thing and then to meet you ... somewhere?
    Show

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Actually, he recalls that they were to meet at The Killin Ground at sunset. So he will head there now and just wait.

9. - Top - End - #159

The group as a whole .... with the exception of Abenor ... will meet at The Killin' Ground.

As you have dinner, Cici shares with you that the three wolves were all young. Not pups, but smaller adolescents. Also, they all were diseased and partly malnourished. Such wolves would have been stopped at the palisade and put out of their misery, so somebody must have smuggled them into town. And somebody must have sicced them on the four of you, because it is way to convenient that the first people attacked were those most ready for violence. This was a warning of some sort. It took time to get the wolves to this state, so they might originally have been meant as a failsafe assassination secondary attempt if Rodrik had survived the first.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

As Cici complete's her report, and the realisation that they have been targeted sets in, Aasgar rises to his feet and says, "Abenor..." and rushes out the door axe in hand back to where he left the elf with Omast.

11. - Top - End - #161

They [Abenor and Omast] aren't there, but Cici and Imrijka, sensing alarum, followed close behind Aasgar.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Aasgar looks the scene over. Does anything seem amiss? Looking for signs of a struggle or otherwise….

13. - Top - End - #163

Not at all. I mean, there's the graffiti. But the rope scaffold is still down, and the rope was even coiled properly.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Aasgar will turn to Imrijka and ask if she knows where Omart would be quartered?

15. - Top - End - #165

Imrijka looks at him curiously, "Wait, Trunau has capital punishment?"

Cici shakes her head. "No, not quartered as in drawn-and-quartered, but where he lives. And it is Omast, not Omart. And no, I don't know where he lives. And it is getting late now to be asking around."
    Show

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

"Abenor needs to be warned that we're targets... He took Omast somewhere to sober up. Where would be a good place for that?" Aasgar says lightly pacing back and forth.

17. - Top - End - #167

"His home, probably, if Omast told him," says Cici. "But I don't know where that is. And it is getting late to be knocking door-to-door."
    Show

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

"Where might we find the night watch captain? He would know..." asks Aasgar with a level of insistence.

19. - Top - End - #169

"Out patrolling," says Cici, "but there's always a soldier on guard at the Longhouse for the night patrol to check in with."
    Show

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

"Okay.... Then let's go there." says Aasgar and waits for her to lead.

21. - Top - End - #171

The three of you get to the Longhouse (see #trunau-gazeteer channel on Discord).

You will find Abenor quite safe and whole, talking with a couple of the night guards casually.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Aasgar heaves a sigh of relief and then approaches Abenor, waiting for a break in the conversation before asking him to one side and bringing him up to speed on what Cici said, followed up with a question about Omasts status.
    Last edited by BuckGodot; 2022-02-27 at 03:52 PM.

23. - Top - End - #173

Abenor listens, concerned, but doesn't add anything. Regarding Omast, "I brought Omast here to sober him up some, but then to have him put to bed in the barracks here."
    Show

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

"Okay, good. Let's all call it a night then and head to our respective places. Shall we meet in the morning and report our results?" Aasgar asks.

25. - Top - End - #175

All agree, except Abenor. "Actually, I want to get up early and get here and cut Omast off from getting more to drink before I've had a chance to question him while sober, if that's alright?"
    Show

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Aasgar nods his head. ”Just watch your back, my friend. I could stay as well?”

27. - Top - End - #177

Abenor gives him a funny look. "Dude, I'm not staying."
    Show

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

”Misunderstood. Gotcha.” and starts to head to th Ramblehouse.

29. - Top - End - #179

Everyone peels off to their homes or the Ramblehouse, as appropriate.

Cham Larringfass will be around with extra blankets and coals that night, as it is going from freezing to well below freezing tonight.

27 Calistril 4715 AR (Waxing Gibbous)
    Weather: 10/0F. Winds N 20 mph. Dry. Wind Chill = -15/ -25F.

Note the weather above. It is winter's last gasp on Golarion, and it is not to be ignored.

This morning, Aasgar shapes his sash of the four seasons as appropriate to ward off the cold weather. As his meditations explore, it is not energy at his eyes, but at his brow that he feels a buzzing. He shapes the magic as it will, and when he concentrates on it too much it sort of clouds his mind. But when he thinks about it, the energy of the diadem now sitting on his brow could be used externally ... to cloud the mind of another.
    Spoiler: Diadem of Dazing
    Show
    Congratulations, you have unlocked Diadem of Dazing, a minor veil.

Aasgar and Imrijka meet to eat at the Ramblehouse's board, and then are shortly followed by Cici. You are told that Abenor left early with some bread and cheese to go to the Longhouse. The girls look at Aasgar's brow, obviously noticing his new diadem.

"It's cold today," says Imrijka as she eats without expression. "Are you sure you want to be wearing bare metal on your head like that?"

Cici tries to hold it in, but giggles, but then Imrijka snickers, after which Cici chortles, and which makes Imrijka lose it, and then both girls are laughing.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2022-02-27 at 09:46 PM.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Aasgar rolls his eyes, tempted to try it out on one of them... but thinks better of it. Instead, he wonders if there has to be a visible component to this or if he can make it vanish?

"I thought it would bring out my eyes.... he grumbles, hiding a slight smile.

He eats breakfast before heading out to find Aasgar and Omast.