Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Sea of Stars - OOC III

Ok, so Echo got 2 degrees then 3 degrees, then Anika failed by 1 because success makes the next check easier, then Ravia passed by 2 with Anika's assist, because failure makes the next check harder. I'll toss Macharius' +10 on somewhere for an extra degree, meaning you now have 7. That's enough to pass the challenge. Write up in a bit.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Ruh-roh, Raggy!

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm sure it's fine.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

There's no test to disconnect the datastacks - you turn them off and unplug them, it's easy for anyone remotely aware of how they work - but they're rather bulky. You can only carry one at a time, and you'll need a way to relay them up the ladder.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

7. - Top - End - #247
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    You can only carry one at a time, and you'll need a way to relay them up the ladder.
    Does it seem possible for Anika to wrap one in her long coat, tie that securely to the drop harness, and have it reeled up to the top of the ladder? A Ring can grab the stack and start running, then the next in line can drop the coat back down and repeat the process (while Anika and Ravia are preparing the next stack in the mean time; if we can scrounge up a second coat or something similar to it, then that's even more efficient). Get kind of an assembly line going. Depending on how many datastacks there are, the Praetorians could be needed too.
    "It was a GOOD plan, just completely impossible."

~ Sophistemon

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blarghy View Post
    Does it seem possible for Anika to wrap one in her long coat, tie that securely to the drop harness, and have it reeled up to the top of the ladder? A Ring can grab the stack and start running, then the next in line can drop the coat back down and repeat the process (while Anika and Ravia are preparing the next stack in the mean time; if we can scrounge up a second coat or something similar to it, then that's even more efficient). Get kind of an assembly line going. Depending on how many datastacks there are, the Praetorians could be needed too.
    Sure, that seems reasonable. Make it a much easier check to avoid damaging them, and I'll put it as Agility rather than Strength.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ettin in the Playground

Under the circumstances there wouldn't be a way to tell which of the data stacks might be useful so we'll have to take the closest first.

Anika doesn't have good Ag but will donate her coat.

10. - Top - End - #250

Lizardfolk

I'd kinda rather that someone with Fate Points does this, but if Anika doesn't want to, then I suppose Granos will give it his best try.

Agility (50): (1d100)[36]

~ Sophistemon

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blarghy View Post
    I'd kinda rather that someone with Fate Points does this, but if Anika doesn't want to, then I suppose Granos will give it his best try.

Agility (50): [roll0]
    I haven't had fate points for a while, but good roll.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

I may have felt somewhat foolish carrying around two personal flying apparatuses this whole time, but now it works!

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

This surely isn't important: (1d100)[57]

Alright, so you've got some things to put together. Feel free to roll a skill you think is relevant to analyze the data you've recovered.
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2022-10-30 at 09:56 AM.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ettin in the Playground

Not a good roll. May need someone else to have a go.

15. - Top - End - #255

Lizardfolk

Welp, I'll be using my last FP to reroll that.

Trade (Remembrancer) (51): (1d100)[25]

Also, I recommend that Ravia tries Tech-Use and Logic, and Anika takes all this data and shoves it into her Prognosticator and hopes for the best. Beyond that, I'm not sure what else would be appropriate.

~ Sophistemon

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Ahem! There's our friendly neighbourhood AI waltzing about the ship as well. With Anika's and Hannabel's guidance, she might be able to sort through the material in the datastacks in a jiffy.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rax View Post
    Ahem! There's our friendly neighbourhood AI waltzing about the ship as well. With Anika's and Hannabel's guidance, she might be able to sort through the material in the datastacks in a jiffy.
    Let's go with that. Feel like it should be a matter of how long it'll take to assess everything.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

Using Galimina will certainly speed the process up. She thinks a lot faster than most people.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

If uding Galimina is something you want to do, by the way, I need someone to suggest it in-character. I don't necessarily want to write updates based on ooc planning that has not yet been made concrete.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

You okay with Hannabel being well enough in the loop to be able to suggest it?

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ettin in the Playground

Meant to go back to this. I'll get something up today if Rax doesn't get there first.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Haval View Post
    Meant to go back to this. I'll get something up today if Rax doesn't get there first.
    Knock yourself out. It would feel less contrived if Anika calls Hannabel to let her know what's gone down and either tells her to get Galimina ready for some work or Hannabel comes up with the idea herself once she knows what you've been up to. Either is fine with me.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Sorry for not replying IC yet. Hannabel is at a crossroads here, I think. Does she come clean to Anika or does she keep trying to find inventive ways to drop hints?

At any rate, I've had a busy weekend, so I've only been able to write short IC posts in the games I'm in. This warrants something more, I think. Aiming to get an IC reply up tomorrow evening.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ettin in the Playground

I think the trouble is that the truth, at least as far as I understand it from from Hannabal's origin path, is a little unbelievable.

Although that reminds me that I should try to work out Aurica Kindjal family tree. I don't think the niece's name has come up yet.

Trying to build a seperate red string board on the Kindjals. Either by asking Theresa to help Anika research the matter, or by calling Anika's mum. Ideally looking for knowledge of any and all children that she's known to have had. Legitimate or not.

Scholastic Lore (Archaic) if it helps
    vs. Int 53
    (1d100)[12]

Or Inquiry for possible noble gossip
    vs. Fel 47 (+10 Peer Nobility)
    (1d100)[21]

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

Couple things. First thing: I don't have much to add to the IC right now. I will however, give you a bunch of stuff for all those rolls.

Which leads me to the second thing. I don't know if it's come up, but Rogue Trader canonically takes place in 816.M41, and Calixis/Koronus are on the far side of the Eye of Terror. Timey-wimeyness is of course possible, but all of the events concerning the Fall of Cadia haven't happened yet, and won't happen for almost two hundred years. Cawl, of course, has been around since the Heresy (which is a bit silly) so he's certainly around now, but Primaris Marines and whatnot are a long way off. Never mind that the 13th Black Crusade has technically happened twice, possibly more times, and that I can wave my hand at just about anything and go 'The Warp Though' and that explains it.

All this is to say, if you get less than you were expecting concerning Cawl, that's why. Time has passed since the start of the game, I've not been tracking it especially diligently, but you're probably somewhere in 817 at most. Anyways. Things Anika knows:

Spoiler: Cawl
    Show
    Cawl was born on Mars, and frequently went against the dogma of the Mechanicum, which even then felt that maintaining was better than innovation. Cawl was a true scientist, and felt that the pursuit of invention was the true quest for knwoledge. Cawl was briefly captured during the Heresy by the forces of chaos, but managed to kill his captor and escape. He worked with quite a few big names from back then, including the Primarch Guilliman, and was entrusted with some of Guilliman's own relics in the event of the Primarch's death. He has appeared a few times since then, persisting in life somehow despite being far older than ordinary augmentation and juvenat treatments would ever allow, and nobody really knows how many projects and secret labs he's got, but it's a lot of them. He once ventured into the Eye of Terror itself, and has invented or rediscovered numerous technologies, but nobody has heard anything from him for quite a while, and there are those who suspect he may finally have died.

If he is dead, it's a true loss of knowledge to humanity. Cawl was a genius, and knew more about genetic augmentation and biology than most would ever learn. Ravia might know more of his specific accomplishments, this being her particular field of study as well, but at present even Ravia couldn't claim to approach Cawl's level of experience and expertise.

Spoiler: Kindjals
    Show
    The family tree is old, and presumably quite large. It is a Matrilineal house, led by one lady or another for centuries now. Anika hasn't heard of any really important men from the line, at least not recently. Used to be there were more of them, but for the past several hundred years at least most of the House's accomplishments have been due to the current Matriarch of the family. Noble houses being what they were, there are scores upon scores of distant relations scattered all across the various sectors.. or, there should be, anyways. The more recent matriarchs seem to have kept a tighter lid on illegitimate children, and the family has been mostly daughters, fathered by a succession of consorts. It's difficult to say what the further flung branches of the family have been doing since then, but Lady Aurica's last husband has been dead for years, and she herself too advanced in age to bear children for a while now. Juvenat treatments only go so far.

there have been few scandals, and all of them have been clamped down on pretty quickly, but the gossip circuit of course has a few interesting tidbits. Lady Aurica has been known to fund research initiatives, and one of her chosen researchers got busted by the Inquisition for illicit activity a few years ago. The Lady was cleared of any wrongdoing, but the whispers that she knew about the research had persisted, here and there, more as a topic of novelty than anything else. There were countless rumours of her involvement in all manner of unsavoury things, but nothing ever concrete. The most recent topic was, appropriately, the cold trade. Apparently she'd taken an interest in Xenos art objects, and discretely funded a few expeditions - again, nothing that could actually be traced to her, just the meeting of a few associated parties at opportune times. Enough to be intriguing, but not enough to be worth the Inquisition or anyone else bothering with, especially given a decided lack of any physical evidence. She's met with plenty enough Rogue Traders over the years, who knows where all they've been. All manner of interesting destinations have made the rounds: Rune, Vaporius, the Halo Stars, Silverhammer... even beyond the Rifts of Hecaton, which is clearly ludicrous.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

My mention of Cawl was to get the discussion on track to talk about his unnatural longevity. Primaris Space Marines don't exist and never will. Cadia doesn't fall and Dark Eldar are just a fancy name for Eldar pirates. So there!

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, I suppose I could have given myself a large penalty for that roll. I figured knowing that he was a Tech Priest was reasonable.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rax View Post
    My mention of Cawl was to get the discussion on track to talk about his unnatural longevity. Primaris Space Marines don't exist and never will. Cadia doesn't fall and Dark Eldar are just a fancy name for Eldar pirates. So there!
    It's 816. technically, you guys could kill Abaddon and make that true.
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2022-11-15 at 10:22 AM.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Haval View Post
    Yeah, I suppose I could have given myself a large penalty for that roll. I figured knowing that he was a Tech Priest was reasonable.
    You want Hannabel to reply IC, or do you want to get in some more questions first based on the info above?

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    It's 816. technically, you guys could kill Abaddon and make that true.
    I'm sure we can take him, right? We narrowly defeated 3 orks, how much tougher can Abbadon really be?