New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 27 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Good Strikes Back (IC)

You have all been summoned to this meeting by Elinon Darasis-Domar, the woman accounted by almost everyone to be the most powerful “good” person in the Daystor universe. She is not alone however, the high priestess of Klintina Bindar, Tiffany Shonar, is there, along with Tishtina Bindar II, high priestess of Glendira Philisar.
    Elinon opens the meeting. Even just sitting there, you can tell Elinon is a woman of action, the high priestess of Lysindra. Her use of magic to bolster her fighting skills is legendary, and while many people can wield two short swords or even two long swords, Elinon is the only person who can wield two greatswords simaltaneously, and she does it seemingly without effort. For the past few years, the various forces of evil have been making unacceptable inroads in all areas of Daystor. Various demonic religions have been building power and the devils have been making a comeback, in fact out agents tell us that there has been a wholesale change in the hierarchy of Hell, lead by an ascended pit fiend named Askaretha. Other sundry evil forces have been causing trouble in various areas. You are here to disrupt as many of those enterprises as possible
    Tiffany speaks up at this point, as the high priestess of Klintina, she seems to almost radiate grace and peace. Calmness flows out from her, yet there is more than one story of her using her hammer to demonstrate the power of good over evil. We will be providing you with mission briefings at the start of scenario and then it will be up to you to handle it. Not necessarily by killing them all, although that would work, but at least put the operation out of commission. After a down time of about a month, we will contact you with your next target. Your pay will be whatever you take out of the operation, along with a per mission reward from us.
    Tishtina is the last to speak. Known far and wide as The Teacher, those of Glendiras' religion are the greatest teachers of arcane techniques and of them, she is the most prolific. In terms of actual mission operations, we will not be able to help you, if we get involved, then other more powerful forces will get involved and the whole thing will spiral out of control. We can however provide you with indirect aid, such as access to spell books normally out of reach or magic items as long as you can pay the appropriate price. Access to training and any sorts of things that dont bring us into direct opposition with your targets. Even the highest level of healing if needed
    Most of you dont know each other, so introductions are in order, along with anything you would like to share about your abilities.
    Last edited by MikelaC1; 2021-12-27 at 04:36 PM.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Default Re: Good Strikes Back (IC)

Atalanta had made this trip across the sea once, almost two decades ago when she was a wide eyed youngling with barely any notches on her bow. Now she stood in front of Elinon Darasis-Domar as Daystor's exemplar of good adressed a crowd of heroes from the four courners of Daystor.

This time around, Atalanta's deep mellow eyes no longer showed awe. After all, she had spent most of her adulthood hunting monsters and facing unimaginable dangers- Though she was not an equal to the triad of paramount heroes in front of her, the proud Amazon knew she belonged.

Atalanta is here as an herald of Corsada. Elinon's words all but comfirm what the elders in Corsada and Zylina Corandis II suspect: hell is raising and soon any sign of peace will be the exception.

She stepped forward, moving with ease and barely grazing the floor with her light, almost ethereal steps, she bowed to the triad of heroes and then to the other adventurers.

I am Atalanta, daughter of Nefele and Testio of Corsada, blessed huntress of Daren Philisat II and herald of Zylina Corandis. I bow to you and I'm grateful for the consideration. My vow is to hunt down these demons wherever they hide and put an arrow throught their dark heart.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Otrera

Otrera smiled faintly, listening to the triad of godly representatives as they lay out the situation. She reaches out to take the hand of the large attractive man beside her, and he smiles broadly. The two are dressed in simple flowing robes common to desert travellers, although currently clean and free of the usual layers of dust accumulated in the in the waste.

When Atalanta introduced herself, Otrera smiled. Here was a woman who understood hard work, and another devotee of the hunt god besides. Perhaps there would be much that the two of them could share in the weeks ahead.

Otrera saw no point in waiting further. The tall, plump woman rose from her seat, the robes swirling around her. The man quickly stood beside her, looking to Otrera for direction.

"My Lady Darasis-Domar. Honoured matriarch Shonar. Honoured matriarch Bindar. Fellow invitees.

"I am Otrera, leader of the Orestii tribe, of the Isharrah. This is my companion, Hillock. My people send praise and honour to this assemblage. I confess that I have less experience dealing with the legions of hell, but am no stranger to the desert's heat and cold, and will hope that a humble servant of the Hunt may be of assistance in this cause."

Spoiler: If you have true seeing
    Show
    Those with true sight active see that Otrera is in a slightly different form from her natural one - mostly, in a cleaner robe - but that the man beside her is actually a very large elephant.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Welcome, Atalanta, Otrera, and Hillock." A lighter black skinned woman steps forward to introduce herself. She wears a clean, high quality hunter green hooded cloak that is pulled back off her shoulders. Under the cloak reveals an exquisite black, gold, and light blue brocaded vest with some discrete dark red arcane symbols. Her figure is well toned but not extraordinarily muscled. She gives a respectful nod to their three hosts.

"I am Sora Solaran, born in Amazonia, raised in Erandol. I am a Battle Mage, primarily defending my home Erandol but also my birthplace when needed. I have a variety of spells to aid my allies, a selection of teleportation spells, spells to control the battlefield, and of course spells to destroy the enemy. My specialty, with Lady Tishtina's aid, is enhancing spells beyond their ordinary limits while still controlling them to keep allies safe."

"I look forward to taking the fight to the enemy and defending Daystor as a whole."
    Sora gives a smile to those not introduced yet, then steps back for whoever steps forward next.
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Avakuss for kinem's Planescape: Center of All
    Sgt Ladaran Xiloscient for MrAbdiel's D&D-Day: The Ballad of Echo Company (WW2 with D&D Rules)
    Ganzak for Toliudar's Coming Unstuck

Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

An average built, but rather handsome man in a white with gold trimmed robe steps forward bows slightly to all gathered. I am Tinac, just a simple healer. Though I might not be able to do much against the forces of evil directly. I will do all I can to make sure all of you are more ready, cared for life and limb, and indeed supported in this upcoming endeavor

He steps back, lost in thought Such legendary champions, am I truly deserving to accompany such great warriors?

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I do not remember seeing how to post thoughts, so I just put mine in italics.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

Tessa

I am Tessa.

Standing before you is a short woman, very striking and clearly sure of herself. She has deep brown eyes that are nearly green in some lights, and brown hair cut short, other than a tail in the back.

Her clothes are unrestricting, and she has a sword at her hip that looks well-made and often used.

Her eyes are flicking back and forth among everyone, rarely settling in one place. Her moves are graceful, but they also seem unnaturally fast.

I'm glad to meet you all, and look forward to taking the fight to the enemy. It is always better to attack than defend. I fight with both magic and blade, and mix the two in a style similar to Lysindra herself. I can also enhance weapons, and always make it difficult to teleport in around me.
    Last edited by Aracor; 2021-12-30 at 07:24 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Not seeing any particular order that the group has been seated or rising in, an Elf with pale gray skin wearing a red dress chooses the next gap in conversation to stand and introduce herself. "My name is Mulcri Setuhl, also one of Elinon's contributions to our little group." She gives Tessa a greeting nod before continuing. "Though my own magic is more focused in defense, debilitation, and molding the battlefield to our advantage. That said, I also usually keep a teleportation ward up." She now turns, speaking directly to Sora. "Though I can cast it on you instead of myself, so it will keep us from being ambushed while not interfering with you jumping around during a fight." She turns to Tessa. "Of course that won't do anything if there are other such wards in place."

"Also, I have several spells that I can cast before we turn in the night before we begin our assignments that will last throughout the next day and beyond. As I was uncertain, I prepared my spells for today assuming we would be leaving for our first task relatively soon, but do let me know what kinds of magic will be helpful to you all so I may prepare them when able. Perhaps we may even have time today; I do not know."
    Kaedanis Pyran, tai faernae.

The LA Assignment Threads: Attempting to Make Monsters Playable Since 2016

My Homebrewer's Extended Signature
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Roland just endorsed a crack pairing?

Did... did we break the universe?
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyQuatch View Post
    It is a major flaw in the game. Destroy a moon? Sure. Talk to somebody a hundred miles away, that's going to be difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizban View Post
    Realistically speaking... D&D style magic doesn't exist, so... let's ignore reality.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

(Still waiting on Belgareth to do intro, but we can get a bit going)

Now that you have introduced yourselves, here is your first mission As Tiffany speaks, she spreads out a map on a table, as you gather around it, you recognize the island continent of Corsada. She waves her hand and the projection changes, zeroing in on Paramibo, the one evil city in Corsada, lead by their devil worshipping (Asmodeus) king. Sargentum is a substance highly prized by both demons and devils, we are not quite sure what it does for them as it is utterly poisonous to mortals. Most sargentum is mined in the Hells and of course the devils wont trade with the demons so its value to them goes up even moreso. There is one source of sargentum in Prime Material and it is mined just outside of Paramibo. The devils dont share that supply either, but recently, we learned that an agent of Nocticula demon queen of succubi, among other titles was able to infiltrate that supply chain and siphon off sargentum for their cult. Your objective will be to disrupt that mining operation, thereby honking off the devils who work it, the demons who steal some of it, and the Paramibo government. Given that they worship Asmodeus, or at least did up until the devil hierarchy got turned upside down, that probably wont go over well.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Atalanta:

This surely is a coloful group of heroes. Otrera's companion has a funky smell, but all of them seem capable and eager.

Atalanta is familiar with Paraimbo and the fiends that corrupt the land in Corsada. As she hears the words she tries to recall whatever she rememebers on the mines and the Sargentum.
    Spoiler: Knowledge Geography
    Show
    (1d20+6)[7]

She feels grateful that their first mission will be in Corsada. After hearing the initial debrief, she respectfully asks:

Do we have any intelligence on their numbers and composition? Or about their defensive position?

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Otrera

Alhambra nods her understanding. Her voice is calm and matter-of-fact.

"How 'disrupted' are we looking for? A break in the supply roads? An earthquake that collapses the mine and everyone in it? What avenues are open to us."

She turns to her colleagues.

"I'm afraid I have never been to this Paramibo, but I'm fairly sure that I could get Hillock and me there tomorrow. But I can't take others with me, normally. Can anyone else transport the group together quickly?"
    Last edited by Toliudar; 2022-01-02 at 06:01 PM.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

11. - Top - End - #11

Tessa

I can teleport. Myself and seven other people.

She sighs.

You should also have access to Wind Walk, right? If teleport can't get us there?

12. - Top - End - #12

Sora:

"Earthquakes and Greater Teleport I can do. Knowing where to teleport to is a detail I hope our hosts have already solved, perhaps the teleport itself too. Since the sargentum is poisonous to mortals then burying what miners they have should be an extra benefit. Exposing the demon agent, or even getting the disruption blamed on the agent would cause a lot of chaos for our enemy. Depends on if we wish a quick strike or not. Details always count." She looks to the hosts, hoping they just started to give what information they have.
    Show
    Sgt Ladaran Xiloscient for MrAbdiel's D&D-Day: The Ballad of Echo Company (WW2 with D&D Rules)

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Auranghzeb View Post
    Atalanta:

Atalanta is familiar with Paraimbo and the fiends that corrupt the land in Corsada. As she hears the words she tries to recall whatever she rememebers on the mines and the Sargentum.
    Spoiler: Knowledge Geography
    Show
    [roll0]

She feels grateful that their first mission will be in Corsada. After hearing the initial debrief, she respectfully asks:

Do we have any intelligence on their numbers and composition? Or about their defensive position?
    Unfortunately, Atalanta's time in Corsada never included checking out the mines. Perhaps her superiors wisely considered it above her pay grade at that time.
    We know that the whole operation is run by a pit fiend who calls himself by the somewhat pretentious name of Balor Nimbus. In terms of direct underlings, he has cloud giants directing the day-to-day operations and then captured dwarves to do the actual mining. Obviously the pit fiend and the cloud giants will fight you, the dwarves are a different story. The ones who have been given greater positions and power will likely oppose you, if the will of the rest of them hasnt been beaten out of them, they will not.

Quote Originally Posted by Toliudar View Post
    Alhambra

Alhambra nods her understanding. Her voice is calm and matter-of-fact.

"How 'disrupted' are we looking for? A break in the supply roads? An earthquake that collapses the mine and everyone in it? What avenues are open to us."

She turns to her colleagues.

"I'm afraid I have never been to this Paramibo, but I'm fairly sure that I could get Hillock and me there tomorrow. But I can't take others with me, normally. Can anyone else transport the group together quickly?"
    We want the mine shut down permanently. She hands the group a scroll. While I dont know if any of you have earthquake on your list of spells you use regularly, that scroll was penned by myself personally. You should find it more than sufficient to close the mine out. Dispel the fiend, kill the giants, save as many of the dwarves as you can but do not hesitate to kill. If they are there against their will, Moradin will welcome their souls into their afterlife. If they have become corrupted by the temptations of petty power, they deserve no pity.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavir View Post
    Sora:

"Earthquakes and Greater Teleport I can do. Knowing where to teleport to is a detail I hope our hosts have already solved, perhaps the teleport itself too. Since the sargentum is poisonous to mortals then burying what miners they have should be an extra benefit. Exposing the demon agent, or even getting the disruption blamed on the agent would cause a lot of chaos for our enemy. Depends on if we wish a quick strike or not. Details always count." She looks to the hosts, hoping they just started to give what information they have.
    Tiffany waves her hand again, and the map zooms in to almost per tree detail. This spot will put you half an hour's walk to the mine entrance. Outside of their patrol range.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

"It seems we have no lack of teleportation options either. As for sowing confusion within the ranks and potentially getting them to blame each other, I have several spells that can influence the mind. I can even disguise our group to appear as the enemy. With a bit of luck, they will be at each others' throats instead of ours."

"While I wouldn't expect them to care about the cruelty of it, one would think using Dwarves to mine a substance so toxic to mortals would at least raise practical issues. I suppose they reason they can always go out and capture more slaves.

Show

It is a major flaw in the game. Destroy a moon? Sure. Talk to somebody a hundred miles away, that's going to be difficult.
    Realistically speaking... D&D style magic doesn't exist, so... let's ignore reality.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

You actually have to consume the sargentum for it to become poisonous.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Otrera

Otrera nods as the elder heroes convey more information, and stares at the projection of the spot they show. If no one else seems inclined to take the scroll of earthquake, Otrera does so.

"Thank you. While it is indeed in my power to unleash an earthquake, I've never had cause to do so."

17. - Top - End - #17

Sora studies the detailed map closely while asking her questions and allowing someone else to take the scroll. "Is there any more information on the cult... who, what, where, how? Is the mining headquarters inside the mine? Are there any other known entrances? I can do several widened earthquakes. Don't want the enemy escaping out a back door, and could be an alternate way in for us. "

"I would need Mulcri's magic for a disguise."

"Are we all prepared to leave today? Or would it benefit us for some to prepare their spells in the morning? I need only a few minutes to prepare."

Show
    Knowledge checks
    Geography: Paramibo/sargentum (1d20+8)[25]
    Planes: Pit Fiend (1d20+17)[29]
    Nature: Cloud Giants (1d20+12)[14]
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

"I happen to have the spell ready, though I would like some time to prepare a few situational spells. I can be ready in as little fifteen minutes after we finish planning, though more spells require a bit more time. In the meantime, does Nocticula have any sort of symbol? Something she marks her forces with? While I doubt she would be stupid enough to send a force openly bearing her banner, or that our target would believe something so blatant, something more subtle might work to improve the disguise."

"As for saving Dwarves, do we know if there are constant mining shifts throughout the day, or if they break overnight? It wouldn't be wise to collapse the mine while there are slaves still inside. Also, should we try to obtain samples of the sargentum to analyze and potentially understand the fiends' interest in it?"

Spoiler: Knowledge
    Show
    Nobility and Royalty (for anything it might be worth, in particular Nocticula and/or Balor Nimbus) - (1d20+14)[25]
    Planes (general Pit Fiend info, and possibly even things specific to Balor Nimbus) - (1d20+33)[47]
    Nature (general Cloud Giant info) - (1d20+16)[19]

Show

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

There is no back door to this mine, as far as we know, the operation consists of two levels, the first level is no longer being worked for the sargentum and they are on to the second level in their diggings. Apart from pubiicizing his name, Balor has not done much to go on notice in the Prime, we figure he accepted this assignment in order to build his power base, probably by skimming from the operation. We have analyzed sargentum repeatedly and cant make heads or tails of it or what they want it for, so theres no need to bring a sample back. If its desired by fiends and is poison to mortals, we really have no other reason to study it.
    I dont think a disguise is going to get you anywhere, there are only so many people that show up at the mine, delivery people specifically and anyone else is going to be suspect right away. As well, trying to bill yourself as forces of Nocticula or anyone else is rather pointless as the only survivors you are supposed to leave are dwarves who arent about to go running back to Hell to tell the story of who attacked them. Yes, you are soon going to start building a reputation as a "strike force" for good but the first mission is likely to be dismissed as a one off.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Otrera

The desert chief shrugs.

"If this is a fairly straightforward effort. To kill the leaders, release the workers and then wreck the works. Then I'm about as ready as I'm likely to be, and am ready to teleport. It might be best to wait for the detailed planning of tactics for the walk."

Otrera shimmers for a moment, and shrinks by a couple of feet, becoming a bearded dwarf in a ragged grey jacket, pants and boots. She turns to rumble a few syllables to Hillock, who then also shifts form to a similar looking dwarf. The second grins broadly, white teeth picked out in the middle of a dark beard, and the pair turn to their companions, waiting for the all clear.

Show
    In case it's relevant, Otrera is currently shapechanged into a Planetar, and Hillock into a Solar. Both then use the archons' alternate form ability to look like dwarves.

21. - Top - End - #21

Sora:

"Good, that simplifies things. One way in and out short of teleporting. Any reason to still wait until tomorrow? If not we can cast long term spells now, teleport, scout the entrance, then cast medium term spells before going in."
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22

Tessa

I can be ready to go in less than a minute. Just need to cast a few spells. I hear someone else may want the teleport warning ward instead of me having it myself?

And I'll speed everyone up as soon as the outhouse collides with the windmill.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Atalanta lets go a clear and sincere laugh.

I just arrived to port on board of the Juno from Corsada. It was a long sea trip. Didn't occur to me to teleport. So here we go again

She arranges her hair as her shiftweave takes on a more modest transformation that the one she just did, turning from clear white silk into a muted leaf green.

I'm ready to go. I just need to fetch my eagle.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Raodan was standing in the back, silently watching, and invisible to all but the most discernible eye. He was silent, knowing he was among his betters, and awaited his turn when presented.

He felt no need to introduce himself, this was not a social event, this was a mission debriefing, and he was determined to take it as seriously as possible, entirely possible, he was taking too seriously, but that was how the die was cast.

He speaks up still invisible, "I do not have a way to teleport, and would appreciate a ride from Lady Tessa, if possible" he says, respectfully.

Spoiler
    Show

He has a ring of invisibility, so if you can see invisibility, you can see him.
    he has a +34 to M.S, so unless you have an insane listen, or some other magical means, you probably didn't hear him either.
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2022-01-06 at 01:40 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare
    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi” -Ragnar Lodbrok

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

Discord -Now with a recruitment bot!

25. - Top - End - #25

I would submit that if he's speaking, he's not actually attempting to be silent, so we should be able to hear him just fine.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

"Even if we set aside the confusion game for now, we still should approach with caution. Perhaps we disguise as yet more Dwarf slaves, or approach invisibly, or even both. At a certain point, it will mainly be about getting close rather than being completely undetected. The less warning of our presence we give them to prepare, the better."

Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

I have found that no plan survives much longer after first meeting. The more detailed the plan the more things can go awry. Plus, I think the element of surprise is on our side. I agree with Otrera. I need an hour, for my heroes feast spell to fully function THEN I am 100% ready to go. Tinac then digs into his robes to get a ring, he quickly puts it on and disappears from view, unless of course you have a way to see invisible. After a while a massive table filled with abundant food appears. There we go, dig in and be merry, for soon we might have to take lives, and that is no merry endeavor.

Spoiler: Heroes Feats buffs
    Show
    (1d8+10)[16] temp HP PLUS immunity to poison and fear for 12 hours and +1 morale to attack and will saves.

28. - Top - End - #28

Tessa will happily sit down and enjoy the Hero's Feast, and then cast a series of spells on herself.

Spoiler
    Show
    Wings of Swift Flying (CL 19), 19 hours
    Greater Enlarge Person (CL 19), 19 hours
    Greater Magic Weapon (CL 19), 19 hours
    Greater Mage Armor (CL 19), 19 hours
    Create Magic Tattoo - +1 luck bonus to attack rolls (CL 13), 24 hours
    Create Magic Tattoo - +2 competence bonus to attack rolls (CL 13, 24 hours)
    Heart of Earth (CL 19), 19 hours
    Greater Anticipate Teleport - 95 foot radius (CL 19), 24 hours
    Elemental Body - Air (CL 19, 19 hours)
    Retributive Fleshshiver (CL 19, 24 hours)
    Energy Absorption (CL 19, 19 hours)

Instead of casting Greater Anticipate Teleport on herself, she'll cast that on Sora after handing her the focus. That way she can still play with shenanigans without getting stuck outside of existence for 18 seconds at a time.

So: Greater Anticipate Teleport - 95 foot radius (CL 19), 24 hours on Sora

Does anyone else want to be big?
    Last edited by Aracor; 2022-01-10 at 03:09 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29

Sora

The sudden newcomer surprised Sora. He was lucky she had the presence of mind to glance at their hosts first to see if the newcomer was expected, before simply imploding the unannounced stranger. Their lack of concern dismisses hers. She considers him a moment then moves on.

"While I agree plans normally change once enacted, I find it best to have at least a semblance of a plan and be able to adjust as the situation requires. I propose we arrive at the designated location, have the stealthy one in the back scout ahead and lead us to the entrance. I can grant seven of us a telepathic bond to keep in contact with him. Since there seems to be eight of us one will have to forgo the bond, if there are any volunteers. Near the entrance I can use Arcane Eye to inspect the entrance and tunnel within. If we need to take out guards we can figure out the details then. We cast our medium term spells then move in. It sounds like the first level will be at least mostly empty so we should be able to move rapidly. We're a strike force. In and out quickly, doing our best to prevent any enemy from running off and sounding the alarm. The enslaved dwarves may even want to pitch in with their picks to exact revenge once we empower them."

The feast arrives. Sora joins in. "I can cover the group with the telepathic bond, a keen edge for all of our weapons, and resist energy, presumably against fire at least, all for about three hours. When it is time to fight I can also protect us all with a cold or fire shield. The banner that I will have on my back suppresses fear, stunning, and confusion if you stay near."

Sora looks to the newcomer. "You've heard our stories, time for your own?"

"Thank you Tinac, this is delicious.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Tinac thinks about it for a moment and says I will forego the bond. I think not having it will be the least disruptive for the group, I don't have need for an energy resist spells. If Tessa doesn't mind, I have a rod of Chain Spell she can use for Greater Magic Weapon. I'll set it on the table so she can see my rod. Oh..I almost forgot, I would like to cast Status on all of you so I have a way to tell if you are injured or otherwise disposed Tinac casts the rest of his usual suite of personal protection spells on himself.

Spoiler
    Show
    Energy immunity (to all) -seperate spells for each of the 5 energy types, acid, cold, electricity, fire, sonic
    Superior resistance
    Magic vestment
    Comprehend Languages
    Magic Circle vs Evil
    Status