New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Good Strikes Back (IC)

Sora

"Otrera, are you two able to carry passengers in roc form? We may not all be able to fly at the same speed, but we'll trace the path much quicker from the air. We have an idea of what we could face- incredibly large creatures and a spellcaster in an unpopulated area where we don't have to limit our magic to preserve the innocent. That can help with spell selection."
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Avakuss for kinem's Planescape: Center of All
    Sgt Ladaran Xiloscient for MrAbdiel's D&D-Day: The Ballad of Echo Company (WW2 with D&D Rules)
    Ganzak for Toliudar's Coming Unstuck

Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

2. - Top - End - #392
    Bugbear in the Playground

Does anyone happen to have some divinations that will help us?
    I mean, Zikram himself is probably protected from scrying, otherwise he wouldn't have been able to fake his own death (assuming he did). But even something as simple as "Where were the creatures we destroyed lairing?" might save us from tracking a giant mindless beast through the trackless rainforest for hours.

If not, I guess we get to go for a walk!

3. - Top - End - #393
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Otrera and Hillock

Otrera nods, pondering Sora's question.

"There are two ways in which we can help with carrying everyone. In roc form, we can indeed carry everyone in relative comfort. Alternately, if anyone wishes to fly under their own steam, there is an agile and powerful form of desert eagle that would navigate the trees easily and quickly. I could change all of us into those birds in the morning, and each of you would have the power to change back into your natural forms fairly quicly."

She considers Tessa's question.

"I will use magic in the morning that will help me understand the physical layout of this place, but unless this man's home is very large, it is not likely to register.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    To be clear, Animal Shapes could affect all of us with one casting, and individuals control changing back to their natural forms (only once, though). If we're going with Rocs-as-planes, Otrera is fine with having just her and Hillock carrying everyone. If we go with 'everyone flying on their own very quickly', then something like phantom steeds would be more responsive to changing circumstances, but I can't provide those.

Plus: a flock of eagles-on-steroids bombing through the jungle is enjoyably cinematic.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

4. - Top - End - #394

If he's got somewhere that he can grow multiple bugs the size of BUILDINGS, then you'd think wherever he is would be big enough to show up on your spell. But I guess we'll find out in the morning!

5. - Top - End - #395
    Troll in the Playground

"Yes, that ought to work. In the meantime, there are a number of long-term spells I can cast tonight that will last throughout tomorrow. I feel I have a good idea by now of what would be best for each of you, but I of course want to discuss it first."

She will then take a minute to explain what those spells are and take a few notes on what everyone would like. When the time comes to turn in for the evening, she will prepare and cast them, ending with her Vigilant Slumber to aid in the nightly watch.

Spoiler
    Show
    Looking at everyone's sheets, only four of us can get any benefit from Greater Mage Armor, so that simplifies things a bit. I can only have five Extended Create Magic Tattoos, but six non-Extended ones. But I cast those via Shadow Illusion and I auto-Extend my Illusion spells anyway, so those other six are still going to last 48 hours. You can also have another Extended one if you go without your Extended Superior Resistance (of which I have enough for even those who already have a +5 item, not counting those who already use the spell themselves).

One person will have to go without Mind Blank for the night, though I can cast one on them in the morning. Basically just figure out who should have the longest-lasting ones. Two Extended ones (of which Mulcri gets one) for the night means we'll wake up with 40 hours remaining (not counting breakfast and other preparations, so more like 37-38). Non-Extended for the night means 16 hours by morning (closer to 13-14), and of course the last one in the morning will just be 24 hours from there.

Can anyone see in magical darkness already? Because that will save a Deeper Darkvision.

Options for Create Magic Tattoo (not counting redundancies like resistance bonuses, limit three per person)

+1 luck to attack rolls
    +1 deflection to AC
    +2 competence to attack rolls
    Spell Resistance 16 (yeah, sure...)
    +2 enhancement to one ability score
    +1 caster level

Of course, we can't forget about simpler things like nondetection, which may actually be more practical all things considered.
    Kaedanis Pyran, tai faernae.

The LA Assignment Threads: Attempting to Make Monsters Playable Since 2016

My Homebrewer's Extended Signature
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Roland just endorsed a crack pairing?

Did... did we break the universe?
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyQuatch View Post
    It is a major flaw in the game. Destroy a moon? Sure. Talk to somebody a hundred miles away, that's going to be difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizban View Post
    Realistically speaking... D&D style magic doesn't exist, so... let's ignore reality.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Otrera and Hillock

Listening carefully to Mulcri's kind offers, Otrera does her best to sift through what would be especially helpful for both herself and Hillock

Show
    Again, thanks so much, Debatra:

Otrera's not a bad candidate for skipping Mind Blank - a very good will save.

Options that are useful for Otrera:
    All of them. If this is through some sort of chain/group casting, terrific. Otherwise, she can take care of her own Superior Resistance and Energy Immunity.
    I'll take whatever form of Energy Immunity that's desired, but fire is the least useful for her and Hillock, as they have fire resistance 10 elsewhere.
    For the magic tattoos:
    +1 luck to attacks
    +2 competence to attack rolls
    +2 enhancement to intelligence

Options for Hillock:
    Mind Blank is VERY useful for him, shoring up a very weak will save. Everything else that's true for Otrera is also true for him.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

7. - Top - End - #397

Quote Originally Posted by Aracor View Post
    If he's got somewhere that he can grow multiple bugs the size of BUILDINGS, then you'd think wherever he is would be big enough to show up on your spell. But I guess we'll find out in the morning!
    "Could all be underground, in a mountain, or through a portal. We'll find out tomorrow."

"In terms of flying, speeding through could have us caught like flies again, but more fully enveloped. Moving at a more moderate pace should still suffice, and allows me to keep my spellcasting options. I can fly faster than a normal walking pace."

"Staying closer to the ground will allow me to better look and smell for details that may help. I don't need to be on the ground to move."

Both Sora and Atalanta respond to Mulcri's spell offers.

Show
    Sora:
    Deeper Darkvision
    Allied Footsteps - only if it doesn't hurt your slots available for tomorrow
    She's fine with skipping Mind Blank
    Create Magic Tattoo: +2 competence to attack rolls (low priority, I use touch attacks)

Atalanta:
    Mind Blank
    Deeper Darkvision
    Allied Footsteps - only if it doesn't hurt your slots available for tomorrow
    Create Magic Tattoo: +2 competence to attack rolls
    Superior Resistance
    Show
    Sgt Ladaran Xiloscient for MrAbdiel's D&D-Day: The Ballad of Echo Company (WW2 with D&D Rules)

8. - Top - End - #398

Tessa makes a high-five gesture at Mulcri.

Seeing in magical darkness would definitely be appreciated, as well as a mind blank if available. I already use my wand for tattoos, so anything from there is kind of redundant.

I assume I'll still be using Greater Magic Weapon with the Chain Rod to make sure everyone's weapons have a bit more bang for their buck. And who needs the Greater Anticipate Teleport?

9. - Top - End - #399

Sora

"I can do an extended Greater Magic Weapon now for the group that will last through tomorrow if you want to use your spells otherwise. I'll handle Keen Edge for the group too. The Greater Anticipate Teleport would be better on me since I have a variety of teleport spells that would otherwise be hindered. It would still hinder my Dimension Hop when used on one of us, but becomes a more interesting option when used on an enemy." Sora smiles with the possibilities of sending an enemy into a concentrated ambush.

Sora casts Chained, Extended Greater Magic Weapon +4 (38 hours) on the group and then begins her evening watch. She reminds everyone to watch for her Greater Prying Eyes returning during the night in case of danger.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #400
    Titan in the Playground

In the interests of moving forward, the night passes uneventfully
    #GoreMutualarejerks

11. - Top - End - #401

Atalanta takes her watch during the middle of the night, but she is still up for dawn, taking in the beauty of a new day and the chatter of innumerable creatures unknown to her celebrating the same. She knows what is in store for today but for the moment she can put it aside. Nerva takes off to find her own breakfast, with warning to be extra careful. Air walking, she moves to the area disturbed by the gang of spiders from last night. Perhaps in the morning sun she can learn more about that enemy. Once the others are up and ready to go she graciously accepts a multitude of protective magics from the others. Walking on air she'll lead the group so she can better study the tracks as they go.

Survival (1d20+20)[40] (-5 normal speed, +2 favored enemy)
    Show

12. - Top - End - #402
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Otrera

Otrera spends the night floating in mid-air in the form of an vaguely anthropomorphic cloud. As you do. Hillock takes on the shape of a majestic but much-smaller-than-a-roc eagle, poses with wings extended in order to be featured on a classic rock album, and sleeps through most of the night.

In the morning, Otrera meditates to prepare for the day. She uses her magic to try to get a better sense of the physical layout of the region.

Show
    For the time being, Otrera will travel wildshaped into a large air elemental, and Hillock is Animal Shaped into a Legendary Eagle.

Otrera starts the day by casting Lay of the Land to get a sense of the major geographical features and settlements in a 50 mile radius.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Titan in the Playground

When Otrera casts her spell, she ends up with a map in her head that shows jungle, jungle and more jungle, up to where the mountains start. For some reason, the City of Gardens does not register but knowing the legends of how well the Queen of the Amazons prevents her city from divinations, its not at all surprising to her. No other settlements or buildings of note show up, but there are a couple of patches that show a thinning of the jungle, indicative of glades of some kind.
    When Atalanta goes to check on the trail, its as clear as day to her, giant spiders arent exactly easy at covering the track of destruction that they leave. Conferring with Otrera, its quite possible that the track does lead back to one of the glades, but at this early stage, its impossible to say which one
    #GoreMutualarejerks

14. - Top - End - #404
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Otrera

Otrera shares the findings of her divinations with the others, her voice taking on a strange whistling quality in this form.

"This means that there are no mountains, rivers or other features, either to guide us or get in our way on the journey ahead.

"If Atalanta can take the lead on the ground, Hillock and I will keep an eye out from above."

15. - Top - End - #405

Sora

"As quick and overwhelming our victory over the pit fiend was, we had a lot of detail of what we faced and he had next to no defenses. With Zikram's reputation so well known, I will assume he is quite the capable spellcaster, probably surpassing our power. He's not only survived in these lands, but has had time to prepare defenses. Who knows how many aberrations he has to keep us occupied while he unleashes his powers. He may even come out to meet us trying to catch us off guard. Let's hope he doesn't know of our approach. Keeping a low profile would be advantageous for us."

Sora casts several spells on herself, the shop crew, and the rest of the party. As the group heads out she floats above the ground, avoiding stepping on anything unfriendly, and sticks towards the rear of the party.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #406

I think we can defeat whatever we get close to. It's probably safe to assume that he has a clone or something if he survived being killed last time, but we should be able to wreck his face. Maybe after that we can divine the location of whatever hole he's hidden in and chase him down.

Most likely we should run with the same plan as the pit fiend - try to get him with a Dimensional Anchor so that he can't run, and then tear him and his critters to shreds.
    Last edited by Aracor; 2022-04-13 at 07:58 PM.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ogre in the Playground

True, if he actually sent those abominations after us, we will need to be very prepared when we decide to engage him. Tinac adds.

18. - Top - End - #408

Sora nods in agreement to the Dimensional Anchor plan.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #409
    Troll in the Playground

"No, I doubt this will be nearly as easy. Though cutting off his retreat should still be a priority if we're able." Then, in response to Tinac's comment, "Actually, now that you mention it, we should expect him to know we're coming. I doubt he sent those things to attack us specifically - more likely it was just a supply raid - but the fact we wiped out both attacks means that he'll know something's wrong even if he wasn't scrying from far enough away that my detection spell just couldn't pick it up. Fortunately; we're all Mind Blanked now, which happens to include being invisible to many scrying spells, so he literally can't see us coming until we get closer."

Show

It is a major flaw in the game. Destroy a moon? Sure. Talk to somebody a hundred miles away, that's going to be difficult.
    Realistically speaking... D&D style magic doesn't exist, so... let's ignore reality.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Ogre in the Playground

If you can see invisible, you would recognize a look of shock on Tinac face Those centipedes weren't just large, hungry, and in search of food?

21. - Top - End - #411
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Otrera

Otrera gives a slightly cloudy shrug.

"Not much point in speculating about motives, and whether the centipedes were or weren't connected to Zikram. We can ask him when we find him, if you like. And if we have trouble tracking him down, we'll deal with that then."

The misty elemental twisted around a slender tree trunk, clearly eager to depart.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Titan in the Playground

The party finishes up buffing (Mulcri can retcon in) and follows the track left by the spiders destruction. Its not difficult, the spiders werent making any attempt to cover it, and creatures of that size are bound to leave a considerable trail. Its around noon, when suddenly Atalanta pulls up, stopping the group for a moment. Its a good thing she did so, because as she does, 4 monstrous scorpions rise up from huge amounts of underbrush, but since Atalanta noticed it, the group is neither surprised or surrounded.

(Initiative and actions please)
    #GoreMutualarejerks

23. - Top - End - #413
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Otrera and Hillock

Hillock seems about to dive in to assault one of the scorpions, but Otrera waves her off. It seems likely, based on the last two defenses, that the group could handle creatures of this magnitude. Instead, she beckons for Hillock to join her as she darts around to the right.

Otrera lines up as many of the ambushing scorpions as she can and blasts them with a wave of energy that is specifically designed to hurt them without harming people in the vicinity.

Show
    Initiative: (1d20+6)[7]

Hillock will fly up to a tree branch about 20' above Otrera, but not otherwise act this round.

Assuming these are colossal or slightly bigger, and about 30' ahead, Otrera will fly to a point about 10' to the side of the furthest-right scorpion, potentially drawing an attack of opportunity as she does so (AC is 42, DR 10, elemental immunities). She defensively casts Junglerazer, lining the scorpions up so that as many as possible are in the line.

This deals (10d6)[35] to vermin, fey, animals and plants, but nothing to other creature types. Reflex DC 21 for half.

24. - Top - End - #414

Sora notices to Otrera shifting to the right. Sora starts fading up, back, and right to slowly work her way to keep behind Otrera and Hillock. She rapid fire casts two Glitterdust spells, one against each pair of scorpions. "Finish off the ones to the right first. Mulcri, can you tell if they are part human and thus susceptible to mind magic?"

Show
    Initiative (1d20+12)[17]
    So much for the greater prying eyes. Gonna have to pop them in my fingers one by one :)

5' move up/right/back
    Quickened/Widened Glitterdust (SL6) on the pair to the right. Will DC 25 or blinded for 19 rounds.
    Widened Glitterdust (SL2) on the pair to the left. Will DC 21 or blinded for 19 rounds.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #415

Atalanta pulls back as she notices the trouble ahead. "Heads up, more abominations!"

The wild archer blasts out a primal scream while unleashing a torrent of arrows at the nearest scorpion to the right.

Show
    Initiative (1d20+15)[21]

Delay to after Tessa (to get Haste).
    Free action: Primal Scream
    (+2 bonus to Strength and a +6 bonus to Dexterity, Enemies Shaken: DC 27 within 30', Fast Healing 5, 10 rounds)

5' step up/back/right

Full attack with Haste, Rapid Shot, and Woodland Archer (+4 to hit for the round after a miss)

Haste: (1d20+37)[42] (+18 BAB, +11 DEX, +2 Bow, +1 Haste, +2 Bracers, +2 Comp, +1 luck)
    Damage: (5d6+17)[44] (2d6 arrows, 1d6 crystal, 2d6 bane, +4 GMW, +2 FE, +3 Imp FE, +4 Hunting, +3 STR, +1 Bracers) Force + Good (from crystal) Crit on 19+

Rapid: (1d20+37)[49] (+18 BAB, +11 DEX, +2 Bow, +1 Haste, +2 Bracers)
    Damage: (5d6+17)[43]

Attack1: (1d20+37)[42] (+18 BAB, +11 DEX, +2 Bow, +1 Haste, +2 Bracers)
    Damage: (5d6+17)[40]

Attack2: (1d20+32)[41] (+18 BAB, +11 DEX, +2 Bow, +1 Haste, +2 Bracers)
    Damage: (5d6+17)[37]

Attack3: (1d20+27)[32] (+18 BAB, +11 DEX, +2 Bow, +1 Haste, +2 Bracers)
    Damage: (5d6+17)[39]

Attack4: (1d20+22)[26] (+18 BAB, +11 DEX, +2 Bow, +1 Haste, +2 Bracers)
    Damage: (5d6+17)[29]
    Show

26. - Top - End - #416

Tessa instantly moves to the ones on the right, and prepares to start hacking!

Show
    Initiative roll: (1d20+21)[39]

Swift action: Cast Haste
    Free action: Activate Arcane Strike. Sacrifice a 6th level spell to add +6 to attacks and +6d4 to damage for each attack.
    Move action: Move up to the nearest scorpion on the right
    Full-round action: Full attack on a scorpion

Attack 1: (1d20+42)[48] (Above 57 is a critical threat)
    Attack 1 confirmation: (1d20+42)[53]

Damage 1: (2d6)[2] + 21 + (1d6)[6] Swift Surge + (1d6)[6] Cold + (6d4)[15] Arcane Strike
    Confirmation damage 1: (2d6+21)[25]

Attack 2 (haste): (1d20+42)[59] (Above 57 is a critical threat)
    Attack 2 confirmation: (1d20+42)[45]

Damage 2: (2d6)[7] + 21 + (1d6)[1] Swift Surge + (1d6)[2] Cold + (6d4)[18] Arcane Strike
    Confirmation damage 2: (2d6+21)[29]

Attack 3: (1d20+37)[43] (Above 52 is a critical threat)
    Attack 3 confirmation: (1d20+37)[49]

Damage 3: (2d6)[9] + 21 + (1d6)[1] Swift Surge + (1d6)[6] Cold + (6d4)[19] Arcane Strike
    Confirmation damage 3: (2d6+21)[24]

Attack 4: (1d20+32)[52] (Above 47 is a critical threat)
    Attack 4 confirmation: (1d20+32)[39]

Damage 4: (2d6)[9] + 21 + (1d6)[3] Swift Surge + (1d6)[6] Cold + (6d4)[13] Arcane Strike
    Confirmation damage 4: (2d6+21)[24]

Cliffnotes:
    Attack 1: 48 to hit. 50 damage (6 of it cold)
    Attack 2: 59 to hit, 45 to confirm. 49 damage (2 cold), 78 if a crit
    Attack 3: 43 to hit. 56 damage (6 cold).
    Attack 4: 52 to hit, 39 to confirm. 50 damage (6 cold), 74 if a crit

The good news is that Tessa (I completely forgot last time) is immune to poison thanks to her elemental form. So she'll charge in with impunity.

If the scorpion in front of her decides to full attack her specifically, she'll expend her immediate action to cast Greater Mirror Image, which will result in (1d4+6)[8] (maximum 8) fake images for them to waste attacks on.

@Mikela - Let me know if she actually expends her immediate action, since that affects next round's actions.
    Last edited by Aracor; 2022-04-20 at 09:43 AM.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Troll in the Playground

In response to Sora's question, Mulcri flies up and forward until one of the creatures is within range. "Not quite, but let's find out."

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+19)[38]
    Quickened Shield, followed by Know VulnerabilitiesSpC 129. Will 26 negates.
    Sleight of Hand for each spell: (1d20+35)[47], (1d20+35)[49]

Well... Unless of course she actually can tell. Although, even if these are more of those part-human-ish creatures, she'd still probably cast that anyway just to learn a bit more about them.

178/178
    AC 42, T 32, FF 34, TFF 24
    DR 10/Adamantine (Stoneskin)
    Arcane Sight, See Invisibility, 90' Blindsense
    If attacked, most likely will cast Extended Greater Mirror Image.
    If spellcasting happens from outside the party, Ring of Spell-Battle.
    Last edited by Debatra; 2022-04-20 at 09:43 AM.

Show

28. - Top - End - #418
    Titan in the Playground

Before the party can even act, there is the hissing crack of a lightning bolt. The bolt comes in and then in spectacular fashion, the bolt divides itself into enough forks to hit every member of the party
    [57] (lightning, DC30 REF for half) Tessa
    [55] (lightning, DC30 REF for half) Sora
    [52] (lightning, DC30 REF for half) Mulcri
    [59] (lightning, DC30 REF for half) Otrera
    [61] (lightning, DC30 REF for half) Hillock
    [50] (lightning, DC30 REF for half) Tinac
    Sora recognizes the spell as divided lightning bolt invented by her mentor's (Tishtina Bindar II) goddess (Glendira Philisar, not when she was a goddess btw) and very, very few people can master the spell. The appearance of this spell proves Zikram's involvement, he was one of the few who mastered it (before his true allegiance was determined) and the only one who would have any reason to use it against them.
    Tessa flies in and starts to butcher one of the scorpions on the right, her attacks deal tremendous damage but hit points are something these creatures have in bulk, so she hasnt quite finished it off. Mulcri flies up to determine the creatures vulnerabilities, they have no special defenses (other than having hit points out the ying-yang) and would even be vulnerable to her mind magic. Atalanta fires off a round of arrows at a different target, again almost all connecting but not enough to polish the beast off. The counter attack of the scorpions is potentially devastating, Atalanta and Tinac both get hit for 3 times each for a total of 117 points each (surprisingly the rolls came out equal) along with feeling a poison burning through their veins. Tessa is subjected to the attacks of two scorpions, 5 of them "connect", but 4 of those hits wipe out images, leaving Tessa only taking one hit for 40 points from a pincer and leaving 4 images still dancing. Sora uses glitterdust on both pairs of scorpions, two of them (one on each side) get blinded by the attack. At the end of the round, Otrera's spell against vermin washes over the beasts, they take even more damage but are stubbornly hanging around

Round two
    4 scorpions
    Scorpion #1, hit by Atalanta's arrows, not blind
    Scorpion #2, only hit by vermin spell but blinded, engaged on Tinac
    Scorpion #3, being butchered by Tessa, not blinded
    Scorpion #4, engaged with Tessa, blinded
    Last edited by MikelaC1; 2022-04-21 at 11:38 AM.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

29. - Top - End - #419
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Otrera and Hillock

The forks of lightning strike Otrera and Hillock, and both do their ability to sidestep the worst of the blast. Trusting her colleagues to master the mutant bugs, Otrera calls out: "We'll try to trace the source of that lightning!"

She glances back at the eagle. "Hell time, Hillock!"

Quickly casting her spell of transformation, Otrera and Hillock immediately transform into balors and follow the trail of singed trees and underbrush back to its source. Otrera's glaive grows in her hands to accommodate her newly massive and clawed form.

Show

Otrera reflex, with Haste: (1d20+17)[30]
    Hillock's Dex is currently 34 thanks to Legendary Eagle, so with Haste his reflex roll: (1d20+32)[50] With Evasion, he takes no damage on a successful save.

Otrera uses two charges of her belt's Belt of Battle function to get an extra standard action. She uses this to cast Shapechange on herself, shared with Hillock.

Free action for both of them to turn into Balors. This gives each 120' True Seeing and 120' flight speed.
    Otrera uses a swift action to grow her glaive to large, to match her current size.

The pair are going to follow the path of the lightning back towards its source. This leads to a few forking possibilities:

If the caster is visible to them and within 120', Otrera and Hillock will charge them and attack.
    Otrera charging glaive attack: (1d20+39)[56] Damage: (2d8+34)[45]
    Hillock charging slam attack: (1d20+37)[56] Damage: (1d10+16)[24]

If the caster is not immediately visible to them, Otrera and Hillock will follow the path of the bolt back up to 240, ideally ending their movement directly adjacent to and flanking Zikram. Otrera can kick (slam) adjacent targets or reach up to 20' away with her glaive, will get as up close as she can.

Hillock has Mage Slayer and Pierce Magical Concealment, eliminating magical miss chances and making it impossible for Zikram to cast defensively. Both will take attacks of opportunity if possible (if Zikram attempts to cast or leave):
    Otrera slam: (1d20+35)[47] Damage: (1d10+17)[24]
    Hillock slam: (1d20+35)[52] Damage: (1d10+17)[22]

30. - Top - End - #420

Tessa shouts to Otrera: Come back BEFORE you get overwhelmed! Zikram is dangerous enough we shouldn't be fighting him alone!

In the meantime, she's got her hands full and she'll try to deal with some of these...problems. So she sets herself to finish off at least one of the creatures that are trying to rip her to pieces. If she finishes off one, then she'll move on to the second blinded one.

Show

No action: Her Greater Mirror Image spell creates another image of her (total count is now 5)
    No swift action since she used her immediate action on Greater Mirror Image
    Free action: Activate Arcane Strike, using a 5th level spell slot
    Move action: Tessa will shift 10 feet to the side so she can still skirmish. This will likely place her between the two spiders.

Attack 1: (1d20+41)[50] (Above 56 is a critical threat)
    Attack 1 confirmation: (1d20+41)[50]

Damage 1: (2d6)[7] + 21 + (1d6)[1] Swift Surge + (1d6)[5] Cold + (5d4)[15] Arcane Strike
    Confirmation damage 1: (2d6+21)[31]

Attack 2 (haste): (1d20+41)[60] (Above 56 is a critical threat)
    Attack 2 confirmation: (1d20+41)[61]

Damage 2: (2d6)[5] + 21 + (1d6)[1] Swift Surge + (1d6)[3] Cold + (5d4)[12] Arcane Strike
    Confirmation damage 2: (2d6+21)[30]

Attack 3: (1d20+36)[41] (Above 51 is a critical threat)
    Attack 3 confirmation: (1d20+36)[53]

Damage 3: (2d6)[7] + 21 + (1d6)[2] Swift Surge + (1d6)[1] Cold + (5d4)[13] Arcane Strike
    Confirmation damage 3: (2d6+21)[24]

Attack 4: (1d20+31)[46] (Above 46 is a critical threat)
    Attack 4 confirmation: (1d20+31)[43]

Damage 4: (2d6)[9] + 21 + (1d6)[1] Swift Surge + (1d6)[4] Cold + (5d4)[14] Arcane Strike
    Confirmation damage 4: (2d6+21)[32]

Cliffnotes: Attack 1: Hits 50, 49 damage (not counting the cold separately since these things don't care)
    Attack 2: Threatens 60, confirmation 61, 72 damage
    Attack 3: Hits 41, 44 damage
    Attack 4: Threatens 46, confirmation 43, 81 critical damage

Tessa status:
    AC: 43
    Hit points: 154/124 (modified since the scorpion failed the miss chance)
    5 mirror images
    50% miss chance from melee attacks
    40% miss chance from targeted spells
    Last edited by Aracor; 2022-04-22 at 01:00 PM.