Show
    (1d20+31)[38]
    (1d20+31)[42]
    #GoreMutualarejerks

2. - Top - End - #782
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGirl

Default Re: Good Strikes Back (IC)

A visibly shaken Cat returns moments later, climbing back up the manhole. Theres a tunnel that leads to a door. The door is guarded by a creature, it has a woman's upper body but the lower body of a great snake. It has 6 arms, each one holding a sword and there is an evil aura surrounding it. Very evil.
    Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software

3. - Top - End - #783
    Ogre in the Playground

Very evil you say... Snake lady with multiple arms.. Sounds dangerous. I could try to dispel the aura while you all attack her

4. - Top - End - #784
    Firbolg in the Playground

Sora

"It sounds like a Marilith demon with an Unholy Aura. The aura will help her resist our spells but more importantly drains those who hit her in melee so I suggest we stick to spells. Slowing her will be of great help with all those arms. Once we are down there I'll start with blocking her from teleporting out."

"A Marilith is not a low level demon. If she is being used to guard a door, that is a clue that what we will face later will be a much greater threat. Preserve your powers as you can."

"In terms of getting down there, what did you see Cat? Is it a ladder down? How far? What is the layout down there? I'd rather us not exit the ladder one at a time with the enemy right there. We could get close enough to the tunnel exit where I can see the layout and use Tactical Teleport to get us in there as a group."
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Avakuss for kinem's Planescape: Center of All
    Sgt Ladaran Xiloscient for MrAbdiel's D&D-Day: The Ballad of Echo Company (WW2 with D&D Rules)
    Ganzak for Toliudar's Coming Unstuck

Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

5. - Top - End - #785
    Troll in the Playground

"I have a Slow spell prepared, as well as a way to bolster my magic against its resistances. Mariliths have natural truesight, so several of my other spells will be pointless here. That said, I say we should take a few moments to apply any midling-duration spells to ourselves. I don't know about the rest of you, but I only have my usual evening routine of day-long effects active at the moment." With that said, she will cast an Extended Stoneskin on herself, followed by Spell Turning and Extended Shield. (Delaying the Turning as needed if someone else wants to cast something on her first.)
    Kaedanis Pyran, tai faernae.

The LA Assignment Threads: Attempting to Make Monsters Playable Since 2016

My Homebrewer's Extended Signature
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Roland just endorsed a crack pairing?

Did... did we break the universe?
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyQuatch View Post
    It is a major flaw in the game. Destroy a moon? Sure. Talk to somebody a hundred miles away, that's going to be difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizban View Post
    Realistically speaking... D&D style magic doesn't exist, so... let's ignore reality.

6. - Top - End - #786
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGirl

The ladder leads to a tunnel which is about 100 ft long. The marilith as you call it, seems relatively alert but its vision and hearing was not good enough to detect me which is not surprising given the Cats skill set but its going to see any group coming by the time less than half the distance is covered. It very nearly spotted me, and I imagine the first turning of the valve got its attention
    Last edited by DebbieD; 2022-12-23 at 01:22 PM.
    Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software

7. - Top - End - #787

Sora nods her head about the layout. "That tunnel may be trapped, hoping an assault will just charge forward. Better to kill it from afar anyway. Hopefully we can stay hidden long enough for everyone to come down. If I can hit it with my first spell we can let it come at us. Cat, would you lead the way again? I'll follow second so I can cast if it detects us early. Everyone ready?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Init for when it's needed: (1d20+12)[25]
    Take 10 on Stealth for a 13. Can use Dimensional Jaunt to reach the ground for a quieter landing.

Spells already in effect for the whole party:
    Greater Magic Weapon +5 (evening before Terkaton) 20 hours
    Heroes Feast: 13 temp hp, +1 morale to attack and will saves, immune to poison and fear.
    Resist Energy, Mass (Fire Resist 30)
    Telepathic Bond on whole party
    Keen Edge

Show
    Sgt Ladaran Xiloscient for MrAbdiel's D&D-Day: The Ballad of Echo Company (WW2 with D&D Rules)

8. - Top - End - #788
    Bugbear in the Playground

Tessa speaks up quickly.

I don't mind moving up toward the front. I can try to deal with it short-term with a maze spell, but that may not be the best idea if we're trying to smash her down as fast as possible. I will obviously cast Haste as soon as we're moving. And a Fleshshiver spell MAY slow her down, or I can pound her with a Dispel Magic and see if I can drop her Unholy Aura and any other defensive spells.

9. - Top - End - #789
    Titan in the Playground

The Cat leads the way down the tunnel with Sora following behind her. She just manages to make it off the ladder with Sora about halfway down when the marilith suddenly appears in front her with her blades flashing. In mere seconds, the Cat is reduced to a bloody mess on the floor and the demon barely broke a sweat doing it.

Party initiative, however only Sora is on the ladder right now
    #GoreMutualarejerks

10. - Top - End - #790

The plan died but hopefully Cat wasn't dead. "Change of plan. Teleport." Sora and the rest of the party suddenly appear down in the tunnel with the demon. Sora follows up with a quickened Dimensional Anchor to keep the enemy in place.

Show
    Greater Teleport to put the party a bit down the tunnel with Tessa closest.
    Quickened Dimensional Anchor
    Ranged Touch Attack: (1d20+17)[33]
    SR (1d20+20)[35]
    Show

11. - Top - End - #791
    Troll in the Playground

While she tends to be quick on her feet, she nonetheless has to wait for those in front of her to clear the narrow passage before acting.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+19)[39]

Delay until her turn to go down the ladder if necessary, which becomes acting immediately after the teleport happens.

Quickened True Casting, followed by a Slow spell targeting the Marilith and any other enemies she might happen to perceive. Will 25 negates.
    Spell Resistance: (1d20+29)[44]

197/187
    AC 43, T 33, FF 35, TFF 25
    40% Miss Chance, Stoneskin (120/120), Spell Turning (remaining levels unknown)
    See Invisibility, 120' Greater Arcane Sight, 90' Blindsense, Automatically know of all spellcasting with 60', can attempt to identify even if I can not perceive the components, once per day redirect/counter.
    Most likely potential Immediate actions: Stay the Hand, Ring of Spell-Battle
    Last edited by Debatra; 2023-01-01 at 01:58 AM.
    Kaedanis Pyran, tai faernae.

The LA Assignment Threads: Attempting to Make Monsters Playable Since 2016

My Homebrewer's Extended Signature
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Roland just endorsed a crack pairing?

Did... did we break the universe?
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyQuatch View Post
    It is a major flaw in the game. Destroy a moon? Sure. Talk to somebody a hundred miles away, that's going to be difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizban View Post
    Realistically speaking... D&D style magic doesn't exist, so... let's ignore reality.

12. - Top - End - #792
    Ogre in the Playground

Tinac hurriedly chats out a spell for his allies, giving them a buffer of health for the upcoming battle with the half snake demon. Don't worry about cat for now, i can bring her back if we survive this fight! He shouts

Show
    Initiative: (1d20+5)[13]
    Casts mass heal, so that gives everybody 190 HP, any over your maximum become temporary HP that last 1 minute.