New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Best Location for Finding a Play by Post Roleplaying Game

So... it is probably closing in on at least 3 or 4 years now since I've really had an opportunity to roleplay. What are the best locations at this point to find a game online? I'd be open to either standard play by post on a forum (enjoyed that for many years on the WotC boards) or something on Discord, Mythic Table, or something else along those lines. I'd probably prefer 3rd edition or Pathfinder, but I'm guessing those games are harder to find at this point so I'd be open to trying 5th edition or 4th too. Wouldn't mind an in person group either if there's a good resource for that, but that seems like it would be harder to identify at this point. (Saw one or two on Meetup.com, but I'm in the suburbs rather than a city, so that site doesn't have a bunch in my vicinity.)

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Best Location for Finding a Play by Post Roleplaying Game

At the risk of stating the obvious, have you checked out the Finding Players forum here on GitP?
    Last edited by Batcathat; 2021-12-30 at 01:41 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Not in depth. :)

I did look briefly at that, EN World, and Mythweavers and figured I'd see if there were any opinions on activity level before jumping in or seeing if there were other options that people recommended first.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

www.find-path.com has a Discord that does a lot of pbp/virtual gaming. Mostly Pathfinder.
    Last edited by Melayl; 2021-12-31 at 02:39 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

BardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Balthanon View Post
    So... it is probably closing in on at least 3 or 4 years now since I've really had an opportunity to roleplay. What are the best locations at this point to find a game online? I'd be open to either standard play by post on a forum (enjoyed that for many years on the WotC boards) or something on Discord, Mythic Table, or something else along those lines. I'd probably prefer 3rd edition or Pathfinder, but I'm guessing those games are harder to find at this point so I'd be open to trying 5th edition or 4th too. Wouldn't mind an in person group either if there's a good resource for that, but that seems like it would be harder to identify at this point. (Saw one or two on Meetup.com, but I'm in the suburbs rather than a city, so that site doesn't have a bunch in my vicinity.)
    https://www.rpol.net/ is one I've been using for a long time and really like.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

Thanks, I'll check out both of those.