New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes II (WFRP 2e) IC

Gabriele keeps her shield up. 'You see how it is. Tick wants you to do all the work once I already saw off your big mate. Feel like you could do better for a partner.'

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Charm test vs. Fel 32 / 2
    (1d100)[49]

Full Action - Defensive stance to impose a -20 WS penalty for the next turn

Dodge Blow
    vs. Ag 48 (-10 armour)
    (1d100)[44]

Parrying roll
    vs. WS 42 (+10 defensive)
    (1d100)[96]

Wounds 2/15
    Fortune 2/3

2. - Top - End - #482
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Trying to hide the seriousness of the wound to his arm, Severin brings up his shield to eye level and steps close to Gabriele. He keeps his mace ready to strike but like Gabriele, he doesn't attack, choosing to try and persuade Tick's compatriot to back off instead.

"Here's the thing, longshanks - you came out here to make some easy money, right, but you brought a knife to a sword fight and there's two of us to one of you. We've got unfinished business with Tick, y'see, and if we have to go through you to get to him you can bet on Ranald's wonky eye that's what we'll do. So you should ask yourself - are you willing to die for him, or do you maybe want to cut a deal with us an' walk away in one piece?"

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Full action: Defensive Stance - all melee attacks vs. Severin take -20 penalty

Charm test (1d100)[56] vs. 21 (Fel 42 / 2 = 21)

Pre-emptive Dodge (1d100)[32] vs. Ag 62
    Pre-emptive Parry (1d100)[97] vs. 51 (Ws 41, Defensive +10)

3. - Top - End - #483
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The man looks at Tick, he looks out into the darkness behind for a moment or two. Then he spits and says, "Next time I see you aroun' yer gonna regret it," and turns and runs down the path into the darkness. Tick shouts, "Hey!" and turns and tries to follow...

4. - Top - End - #484
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"Grab him!" Severin calls out to Gabriele as he quickly stows his mace, snaps out his sling and looses a stone at Tick.

Show
    Half action: Ready sling and put away mace
    Free action: Load sling with Rapid Reload
    Half action: Standard attack with sling (1d100)[87] vs. BS 63
    Damage (1d10+4)[12]

Ulric's Fury if applicable
    (1d100)[64]
    (1d10)[10]

5. - Top - End - #485
    Ettin in the Playground

'Good choice.' Gabriele calls after the second man. She'll move to the other side of Tick from Severin. 'Put down the dagger Tick before I take it off you.'

Show

Intimidate vs. Str 35 / 2
    (1d100)[63]

6. - Top - End - #486
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

There is a yelp of pain as Severin's stone hits Tick squarely in the leg. Gabriele sees him make a rude gesture at her as he limps off into the night. Gabriele can hear Tick cursing at the other man, "Hey! Wait up ya bastard! We gotta stick together!"
    Last edited by dojango; 2023-03-31 at 09:39 AM.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"Better stop running, Tick, or I'll knock you down like a rat from a rope," Severin calls out as he quickly reloads his sling and fires off another two stones into the darkness.

Show
    Rapid Reload enables Severin to load his sling as a free action.
    Full action: Swift attack with sling (1d100)[75], (1d100)[90] vs. BS 63
    Damage [roll]1d10+4[roll], [roll]1d10+4[roll]

Ulric's Fury if applicable
    (1d100)[63], (1d100)[40]
    [roll]1d10[roll], [roll]1d10[roll]

Well, no need to redo those damage rolls...
    Last edited by rax; 2023-04-01 at 04:20 PM.

8. - Top - End - #488
    Ettin in the Playground

Gabriele will do what she can to bring down Tick in a tackle before he can get much further.

Show

Sorry for the delay

Full Action - Charge Tick

vs. WS 42 (+10 Charge)
    (1d100)[81]
    FP if needed
    (1d100)[77]

FP: 1/3
    W: 2

9. - Top - End - #489
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The two stones sail past Tick, while Gabriele chases him down. He hisses and turns and lashes out with his dagger at Gabriele but misses.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[78]. (1d10+1)[8].
    Last edited by dojango; 2023-04-03 at 05:49 PM.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Ettin in the Playground

Dropping her shield, Gabriele will reach out to try and grab Tick's knife hand to keep it away from her.

Show

Another attempt at a grapple
    vs. WS 42
    (1d100)[83]

Rolled a 41 against TN 38 on a Dodge Blow roll in the ooc

FP: 0/3
    W: 2

11. - Top - End - #491
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Tick keeps his dagger between him and Gabriele and grimaces at her. "Leave me alone, ya witch," he shouts as he tries to make space and head out into the darkness.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"Oh Ranald, why do you vex me so?" Severin curses as he once again misses his target. With a snarl of frustration, he drops his sling and races forward to try and grab hold of Tick before he can escape.

Harder to run with 120 plus pounds of Halfling hanging on, he thinks grimly.

Show
    Full action: Charge attack to grapple (1d100)[35] vs. 61 (WS 41, Charge attack +10, Outnumbering +10)
    Pre-emptive opposed Strength test (1d100)[19] vs. 21

Pre-emptive Dodge if grapple attempt fails (1d100)[67] vs. Ag 62

13. - Top - End - #493
    Ettin in the Playground

Gabriele will respond to Tick between gritted teeth, 'Shouldn't have tried to rob us should you.' She'll jerk her other arm up to try and clout Tick in the head with the butt of her sword.

Show

Grapple
    vs. WS 42 (+10 Aim) (+10 Outnumbered)
    (1d100)[41]

Any dodge vs. Ag 48 (-10 Armour)
    (1d100)[6]

14. - Top - End - #494
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Gabriele lands a solid blow on Tick with the hilt of her sword, and he gasps as he is stunned. Then from out of the darkness, Severin launches a flying tackle and the man tries to wrest away, but topples over. In a moment, it's all over. With Gabriele's sword out and Severin pinning him, he looks up in fear. "Watchyou want? I gots a stash, I'll give it ta ya, no hard feelin's? I'm onea Sol's men now ya know, a made man. I can get ya in with him, ya know?"

15. - Top - End - #495
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Severin clambers off Tick, wiping his hands on his clothes as if to clean off something nasty. "No hard feelings? You murder and enslave innocent folk minding their own business and you think there's no hard feelings? You consort with Chaos worshippers and you think there's no hard feelings?!" he says through gritted teeth.

"I want one thing from you and one thing only. Tell me what happened to the Halfling girl you kidnapped when you ran away from Stralwald. Myrtle Hornwood - what did you do with her?!"

16. - Top - End - #496
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rax View Post
    "I want one thing from you and one thing only. Tell me what happened to the Halfling girl you kidnapped when you ran away from Stralwald. Myrtle Hornwood - what did you do with her?!"
    Gabriele prods Tick lightly with her sword. 'Better talk quickly Tick. It's the only reason I was happy to see you again.'

17. - Top - End - #497
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"What?" he says, confused for a moment. "I dunno, back in the camp, I guess? You wanna meet her? I can arrange it, no problem."

18. - Top - End - #498
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"The camp? You sold her as a slave?" Severin growls.

19. - Top - End - #499
    Ettin in the Playground

'He doesn't even remember.' Gabriele said increduously. 'Maybe this wasn't the first time he's done something like that.'

20. - Top - End - #500
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Hey, I was starvin'! Man's gotta eat, and Sol's crew always seems ta have their bellies full. Could do worse out here... an' you halflins are at home underground. She's with her kin and she ain't starvin' either..."

21. - Top - End - #501
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"We may be at home underground, but that doesn't mean we want to be traded like livestock to some jumped up longshanks thug," Severin snarls.

"Get on your feet, and don't get any stupid ideas or Gabriele 'll cut you a new smile!" he orders Tick.

22. - Top - End - #502
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Tick stands shakily and wearily, with the two of you holding him.

Spoiler
    Show
    So what do you want to do with him?

23. - Top - End - #503
    Ettin in the Playground

Gabriele will try to look threatening even though after the wound she had taken she'd mostly like to sit down for a minute. At this point stabbing Tick would be a pleasure.

To Severin, 'Do we actually need him for this? It's not like they'd give Myrtle back even if we made this one ask nicely.'

24. - Top - End - #504
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"Nope, I guess we don't," Severin answers curtly.

Suddenly there's dagger in his hand. Lightning quick, he hamstrings Tick and then pulls him down, stabbing the blade deep into the bandit's neck.

"That's for Myrtle and every other poor bastard you've ever sold out to make it one more day. I hope wherever you end up, you'll suffer like they did!" he spits at the dying man.

25. - Top - End - #505
    Ettin in the Playground

Gabriele will watch Tick bleed out for a few moments.

She had had thoughts about doing something similar but Severin had reacted quicker. 'You ok? He deserved it, but its not quite the same when you aren't in the middle of a fight. Speaking from experience.'

26. - Top - End - #506
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"I'm good, but I could use a drink," Severin rasps in reply.

"You know, once upon a time, I was part of a group who dreamed of righting the wrongs of the world, starting with the high muckety-mucks back in Streissen who were oppressing honest Halflings and longshanks alike. Tick weren't no high flyer, but he was just as much a wrong 'un as some of the nobles in the Empire. It feels...satisfying...to have put an end to him. I wonder if this is what it would have felt like if we'd ever gone through with the rising back home?" he ponders, scratching the long scar on his face.

27. - Top - End - #507
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

It's over. The night noises slowly resume. He was in many ways a little man, a small, petty man, and the world seems a better place without him. But he was only one man, and Myrtle and the other halflings are no closer to being freed. Searching him reveals a handful of coins, a simple dagger and a few personal possessions. What do you want to do next? His companions have escaped into the night, after all.

Spoiler
    Show
    More precisely, 2 gc and 13 s
    Last edited by dojango; 2023-04-16 at 05:24 PM.

28. - Top - End - #508
    Ettin in the Playground

'Nothings worth getting hung over. But maybe it's easier to get away with things down here.' Gabriele looks up the mesa. 'I don't think we're in any state to do the same to the rest of them. What would it take to talk Le Houet into invading?'

29. - Top - End - #509
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"Since she tasked us with gathering intelligence on the place, maybe there's already such plans afoot," Severin shrugged.

"And I agree - we've run out of road down here. Maybe we can work out a way to sneak back and help the slaves get free in the future, but for now I think we need to get back to camp and get out of here. I can send a message to Stralwald about Myrtle once we get back to Castle Bremcote. Who knows, if Ranald's in a good mood, perhaps she's even one of the ones that crawled out through the caves?" he says, though he sounds unconvinced.

"Here, you take his coin - you took the worst hits of the two of us. And then let's see if we can hide his body in some bushes or something. The longer it takes to find him, the smaller the chance of anyone trying something," he adds.

30. - Top - End - #510
    Ettin in the Playground

Gabriele will take the coin without arguing. 'Well his friends saw us already. Maybe Sol's boys are the sort to take offence even if they didn't like Tick that much.' She'll look around for somewhere that she could use to hide Tick's body.

Show

Concealment vs. Ag 48 (+10 if Rover applies)
    (1d100)[50]