New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Searchers IC Thread

"That should be acceptable," says the Nawab, glancing at the Magma Dragon. "Er...are we sure that its safe?"
    Empyreal Lord of the Elysian Realm of Well-Intentioned Fail

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

As quickly as the storm appeared, it suddenly vanishes,. Taking a deep breath, Argen looks around at the carnage before him. "Erhm........forgive my Lord. I lost my head a little there. I'll of course work off the damages...." Argen sighs slightly. He doesn't know which to be more surprised by, his new allies being so strong or these worthless cultists being so weak. He begins walking down towards the corner Majeed is preparing, intent on participating in the interrogation.

When the Little One presents herself, Argen notices how drenched and disheveled she is. Turning a slight shade of red, the weather wizard turns to the Fey and bows his head. "My apologies young Lady, I did not mean to overlook you in my casting. If I may assist you...."
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

If given permission, Argen uses his Cantrips to clean off and dry the Little One. If she is hurt, Argen will also cast Revitalize, giving her Fast Healing 3
    He'll continue to cast Cantrips afterward to begin drying and straightening out everything in the room

As Argen moves by the Magma Dragon, he looks at the mighty beast, his gaze cold and slightly dead inside. "I understand you surrendered to Bolt and are willing to guide us in the Lost Isles. Tell me, you know nothing of the Wellerman?" The old dwarf asks in Draconic, quite fluently in fact.

3. - Top - End - #63

The Nawab nods coldly at Argen, then says lightly "Oh, the damages are nothing. It is more important to maintain discipline in the house. But I think you understand that." He slides onto his throne and rings a little golden bell, summoning the retinue back to the durbar.

The Magma Dragon stops in the act of plugging its ears to monkey-chatter, and stares at Argen in surprise. "A civilized person," he mutters in Draconic. "Well I am considered a very young and brash dragon, I am in exile in fact til I mature better, so they told me, but I know OF the head of the cult of the Undying Damned, though I have never seen him myself. His lair lies well to the southeast of the Isles of Dragons. If you're willing to protect me we can venture to the Isles of Dragons and ask one of the Elders."
    Last edited by TheYell; 2022-01-19 at 03:20 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

A little life comes to Argen's eyes at hearing the Dragon's words. "You have my word. Guide us faithfully and my storm will shield you." His face turns grim for a moment. "I don't believe I need to say what will happen if someone stands between me and the Wellerman." Smiling kindly now, Argen nods his head and offers his hand. "Welcome to the crew, I am Argen Windwalker. If I may have your name, or at least what you would prefer I call you.. My Lord Jalaan, you may rest at ease. Assuming Sioban and Bolt are permitting, I shall take responsibility for this one right here."

5. - Top - End - #65

Khajir leads a cautious retinue entering the ruined durbar. "My lord, you live? And you conquered all?"

"Of course," says the Nawab. "Where's my fresh coffee? I expect this house run properly regardless of dragon attack. Speaking of which, that dragon is a guest, fetch him some sheep. And get the maids going on those puddles! I don't care about domestic matters, as a rule, but it's well for you the Begum Nishae isn't here to object. Now leave me alone to focus on my guests."

"My name is Goran," says the magma dragon, "and some mutton would be nice."
    Last edited by TheYell; 2022-01-19 at 03:40 PM.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Halfling in the Playground

Without resistance the Little One would accept the offer of assistance from Argen. With a brief moment of self-inspection, she would note that she was unharmed, satisfied with the restoration of her state of dress-

"Thank you very much Mister Windwalker, one supposes one should try to be more careful when being near the casting of magic. One apologizes for being in the way and will leave you all to your important work. Perhaps we will all have a chance to work together in a less 'lively' activity. It really does help one feel mostly safe with how many really strong staff are working under our Contractor."

With a slight bow of her head, the small youth would turn to go wander toward the remaining corpses of the deceased which had not been turned into a fine dust. Taking a bit of time she would rummage through her bag to produce smaller pouches. Before anything, she would do the best of her ability to remove any dangerous objects from their persons, seizing their forfeited assets as penalty(if any), and collecting whatever taxes in the form of valuable articles they may have had on their persons in order to set them aside. The Little One would do her best to neatly organize and sort whatever was retrieved for the rest of the company to inspect after they had completed their 'bullying for information and directions'.

In time after the more work related tasks had been completed, she would retrieve her small pouches in order to begin producing and applying quantities of soft powders upon each of the corpses. Every single one of the corpses would begin to shrink, contort, and even change composition to resemble that of what seems to be a 'cute' tiny-sized plush doll, not unlike the stuffed toys she had peering out from her bag. The new visages of the plush dolls all were strikingly reminiscent of how they had originally appeared before their lease on life was terminated by the company. After collecting the plush dolls, the Little One in particular took a liking to the now plush 'iron golem' as she would carry it about while putting away the rest along with the pouches back into her bag.

Promptly afterwards she would report the findings and that the bodies were properly 'cleaned' & 'disposed of'.
    Last edited by KraHa_n; 2022-01-19 at 04:18 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Carver keeps an eye on the young one, waiting until she seems to be done. When she looks available, he approaches, "Young One, you offered trinkets earlier. To encourage our well-being. I would accept one were they still readily given."

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bolt descends from the ceiling height, and lands in front of Goran. "Greetings, my new old friend. I am known to these ones as Bolt. I think we could use your contacts among our kind. And you would be very useful in that, as I am not considered a true dragon by some of our kin, being a mere taninim. Ignore my current size, I am normally a little bigger than this, and can grow larger still, nearly to the size of a great wyrm. Do you have some means of transforming into humanoid form, so you will better fit in with our humanoid crew on board our ships?" he asks.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Adonis studies the dragon after drinking from a vial he collected with water from a nearby natural source.

Show
    Using the Gifts from the Sea feat to turn the water into a Tears to Wine potion and drink it (+10 enchantment bonus to all WIS and INT based skill checks)

Sense Motive to see if his words is truthful and lack ulterior motives: (1d20+25)[39](Accounting the +4 morale bonus from Greater Heroism)

10. - Top - End - #70

Goran says, "Transformation? That would be useful, but I don't know any tricks like that I'm afraid. I could sit on the deck of a big ship I think."

Spoiler: Wine of Truth
    Show
    Reviewing the ultimate truth of his words, Adonis realizes they are largely correct for a scared young-adult dragon. Goran is the equivalent of a eighteen-year-old human. He genuinely wants to help for the ulterior motive of not being killed outright by the party.

11. - Top - End - #71

"Ow such a headache," mutters Iakub. "Haha! Success! I recover from death!" He opens his eyes. "Aw, crap!"

12. - Top - End - #72

AssassinGuy

Adonis places two fingers to the side of his temple and looks at the magma dragon.

You passed. Welcome to the crew.

Show
    Using telepathy to speak to Goran.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

Majeed's masked figure loomed over the revived Iakub. "Where are the children?" his question was nearly bellowed out loud, though the true interrogation was purely mental. He had taken precautions, nevertheless he wanted to ensure Iakub was cowed into submission, hence the posturing.

Spoiler
    Show

Using Mind Probe as mentioned above. His first question really is, "Where are the children?"

He will attempt an Intimidate for good measure. (1d20+42)[60]

14. - Top - End - #74

Imp

In the corner of the room, was a worn and tattered meditation mat, out of place amidst all of the finery of the well-furnished abode. And on that meditation mat, lay a shirtless man with blue skin sitting in a cross-legged position, hands together with open upwards-facing palms that met at the thumb. Cradled in the man's lap, was a gun of almost otherworldly shape and design. The man lay silent, unresponsive to the world.

To those more mystically inclined, an aura of Ki surrounded the man. This aura varied over time. It would start as green flames surrounding the man's entire body, before being gathered into a sphere within the man's palms. From the sphere, would erupt the shape of an Eastern Dragon. The Dragon would perform a most tumultuous dance around his body. Was it protecting him? Or was it circling it's prey? None could be certain of that answer. As the dragon circled, green symbols and writings tattooed upon the man's blue skin would glow and shift in position. The dragon would finish it's dance above his body, erupting back into flames that surrounded his body.

Over and over this cycle would continue, and each time, the Dragon's dance became faster, writhing and undulating in a macabre formation before bursting into ever more radiant green flames. This continued, over and over until, at the very same moment where the Dragon would explode, a bolt of lighting from a summoned storm would hit the ground with a deafening roar.

The man's eyes shot open, immediately. Taking inventory of the situation and noticing the aftermath of an attack, the man opens his mouth to speak.

"...Damn," Ryoku sighs, craning his neck to the side "What did I miss?"
    Last edited by Kaouse; 2022-01-20 at 11:50 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bolt looks up at the massively larger dragon that is their subject, and says, "As long as you stay out of the way and don't eat any of the crew, I am sure they will accept your presence among them. I am going on the flagship, so if you accompany me I am sure there will be the most room for you. I must ask, will you fight if we enter combat with another ship or monster, or will you stay on the ship? I am not bothered either way, but it is good to know what to expect in advance of combat starting," he says to the larger dragon.

16. - Top - End - #76

"Ah, Learned One, you awaken," says the Nawab, salaaming reverentially to Ryoku. "Join Commodore Siobhan and her strike force. You missed a small fracas."

Iakub writhes under the Mind Probe and the fierce gaze Majeed seems to burn into his brain. With a last gasp of resistance, he calls out, "Cousin...it is not fit...for royalty...to be so abused..."

The Nawab stares at him fixedly, drumming his fingertips on his throne.

"Gaaahhhhh," gasps Iakub, and falls back against the floor. Images flood into Majeed's brain.

"The hall of the Wellerman...great danger there...I don't know the island...only teleport there...from that place...among the stars and planes...the children were bartered for services...to various Powers that wanted...human royalty...I don't know where...I was not informed...I wanted to know but was not considered important enough...I should have been told...i am important...I am Iakub Tenerif....true heir to the throne...i should have been told...I...am not the Great Commissar of the Undying Damned...he knows...but will not tell me....I should be Great Commissar too...I am important...I am Iakub Tenerif...I am...I...I..."

17. - Top - End - #77

"I shall do as you instruct, Brother," says Goran to Bolt.

18. - Top - End - #78

Being addressed by the towering construct, the Little One would turn to face and quite literally look up to.. him? Her? It? The small youth wasn't quite certain. Upon the inquiry she would gently put down the iron golem before rummaging about through the container.

"Yes, of course."

Briefly after she would produce the tokens, the childlishly-made necklaces once more for those who had not had the opportunity to accept or decline them prior to the rather 'lively' exchanges. Upon completion she would make a rather feeble attempt to struggle and place it upon the neck of the construct, even standing upon the tips of her boots. To nobody's surprise the small youth was unable to properly reach the requisite height as it currently stood. During her attempts she would bear witness to the damage sustained by the construct seemingly repair itself slowly. Just to make certain she'd inquire-

"Will it really go away, will everything be alright?"

If and when the Little One was able to succeed, she would proceed to offer the tokens once more to the others as well.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Carver seats itself on it's knees to help the Little One.

"Child, I will be fine shortly. I have been active for far too long for some simple dents to leave lasting damage."

It reverts it's body to glasssteel once more, this time choosing transparent rainbow hues for everywhere not damaged. The damaged areas are left completely uncolored and transparent. "If you'd like, you may watch the repairs take place."

20. - Top - End - #80

The Nawab sighs. "So that is why they could not be scryed. They are not on this plane! Alas! Alas for House Tenerif!"

He slumps on his throne, for a few seconds, then recovers his erect bearing. "Still, thanks are due you for saving my life, and for undertaking this doomed quest at all. We release you from your pledge. Go, bearing our largesse. Khajir! Bring forth the Great Scales! Our benefactors shall have their weight in platinum coins."
    Last edited by TheYell; 2022-01-21 at 02:04 PM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

Siobhan shakes her head. "Even if this is true, nephew, all we have to do is learn to whom your children were taken. If this bootstain cannot tell us, we'll find someone who can. Perhaps this Wellerman?" She glances at Argen inquisitively, an eyebrow raised.

She turns back to and looks resolutely at the Nawab. "There'll be no talk of this quest being doomed before we've even started. Once we learn what planes they were taken to, we can go there ourselves, and then divination magic will work again. I will locate them myself."

22. - Top - End - #82

The attention of the Little One would rather quickly return to the construct as she would wear a rather fascinated expression in her eyes. The changing of material of its body, how the area of their damaged body would visibly reconstruct itself filled the child's eyes with wonder, and curiosity.

"Do all constructs learn to do those things when they get older? The other one you were fighting didn't seem to do anything like that so it must have been really young. It seemed to not move or do anything at all after it was on the floor. How do you get your hand to shoot out like it did earlier? Are you a special kind of golem? What is your name? "

She'd inquire as her stare was fixated heavily on the process of such. The small child's curious inquiries would cease and have to wait as the Nawab began to address the company. Upon the declaration, she would give but a slight bow of her head in return-

"This one will abstain from your kind reward, Lord Contractor. She has yet to adequately perform much of any services as of yet and it is in her, among others, best interest if she does not set foot upon that scale. 'F.F.F. Services' intends to fulfill the original order, desires, and wishes of yours as well as making sure 'debts' are to be paid back in full and collected."

A bit of a glance would be directed toward the Niwab's kin, though she'd try her best to ignore the rather painful sounding torture and interrogation before inquiring-

"What will happen to the cousin now that he has done such terrible things and is not helpful anymore?"

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Age, child, has nothing to do with the abilities of constructs. The Golem took little pride in itself and chose not to bother growing beyond it's most basic self. On the other hand, I have put much effort into self-care. I became a Templar to become a better me."

The chain-flail reappears in it's hands, the chain in one hand and the large sphere in the other. "That was not my fist you saw shooting out, but my soul in the shape of a weapon. As part of my training I have learnt how to fight with every aspect of myself to give myself the best advantages I have access to."
    Last edited by LairdMaon; 2022-01-21 at 04:18 PM.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ettin in the Playground

"I need details, Iakub. Describe the island. Describe the plane. To the best of your ability." Majeed considered giving Iakub a moment to compose himself and get a clearer answer—or at least some passing details from which he could work out the truth—but decided it better to keep badgering rather than give the snake a moment to think of a stunt to pull.

25. - Top - End - #85

"The island...has a starfish shape...deep in the Lost Isles...with the Hall of the Wellerman on a ridge...I know...there is a portal to the First World there..." Iakub says in an exhausted voice.

Spoiler: Mental Images
    Show
    Majeed gets images of the island from the perspective of standing at the Hall of the Wellerman looking out over the seas.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ettin in the Playground

"The First World? What part have the Fey in all this? And who is this 'Great Commissar' and what is his role, that you covet so dearly?" Majeed was full of questions and planned to get all the answers he could. Iakub's co-conspirators hadn't told him much—Majeed wouldn't have trusted him either, the deluded wretch—but just what he'd seen by happenstance was proving to be vital information.
    Last edited by Athaleon; 2022-01-24 at 09:43 AM.

27. - Top - End - #87

"The Great Commissar...is no fey...why would we follow a fey? He is rakshasa...head of those who have ascended from mortality...to cyclical rebirth..." breathes Iakub heavily.

Spoiler: Mental Image
    Show
    Majeed sees an image of a deer-headed male in rich red silk robe embossed with gold embroidery.
    Last edited by TheYell; 2022-01-24 at 06:09 PM.

28. - Top - End - #88

AssassinGuy

Adonis glares at Iakub as soon as the Rakshasa utters "portal to the First World."

"Then why is there a portal to the home of the feys?! Talk!"

29. - Top - End - #89

"Many places...many powers...Kankarna Immortal is in league with them...high politics....I should have been told...there are higher orders of being...than mortals....I am ascended...and Kankarna is...more than mortal...and owes nothing...to any deity...power...we share in it...and grow...you seek the children..but will find them... separated...sleep now ..let me sleep"

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bolt says to his new draconic comrade, "That would be for the best. Always try to remain as non-threatening to the two-legs as you can, lest they band together to detroy you. But if you must be fearsome, then be truly terrifying. But that will not be called for upon this mission. Tell me, how much do you know of the islands of the Bitter Sea? It seems we shall have to travel among them, and although I was a sailor, I only really know the inhabited islands, as that is where the people and trade are," he asks.