New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: The 355 (2022)

1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default The 355 (2022)

Hello everyone. Today I'm going to review the movie The 355 that I saw early this morning.

Spoiler: My Thoughts On The 355 (2022)
    Show
    I saw 355 in Dolby. The 355 is about four women who try to stop a classified weapon by a group of mercenaries. What I like about this movie is it has action in it. What I don't like about the movie is it has too much talking and dialogue in plus it was a very slow pace. I think this movie was decent at its finest. There was nothing good nor bad about this movie so I'll give this movie 5 out of 10 stars for a mediocre movie.
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 2022-01-08 at 04:24 PM.
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: The 355 (2022)

Nice review!

I saw it a couple of weeks ago. Very cliched and weirdly unaware of how many clichés it was playing straight but the cast did a good job and I do really like Jessica Chastain in a action type role.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by RossN View Post
    Nice review!

I saw it a couple of weeks ago. Very cliched and weirdly unaware of how many clichés it was playing straight but the cast did a good job and I do really like Jessica Chastain in a action type role.
    Cool. I'm glad that you enjoy the movie.
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Haven't seen it yet. The trailer looked...really weak.

For instance, fighting as shown in the trailer was of the style of "film from behind someone's back so you can see nothing, and play punching sound FX."

Is it any better in the film?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RossN View Post
    Nice review!
    I disagree, I basically have nothing to go on regarding if I think I should see this film. I have a plot synopsis so basic that I basically know nothing, and no ideas about the themes. I know that it has action (presented as a plus), is slow paced, and has too much talking, but that's basically so meaningless thaty it could apply to a fifteen minute video of two pensioners walking to a hat shop.

This is, without a doubt, much more informative. Still no clue about the themes, but it makes me wonder if the film had anything to say in the first place.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.