New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateGirl

Default 3.5e Thunderous throw + Blood Wind Ricochet/blade storm interaction.

So this might be a silly question, but can the bloodstorm blade’s Thunderous Throw ability apply to its Blood Wind Ricochet and Blade Storm abilities? Raw it seems like it would work, but specific wordings such as “When using this ability, you make a full attack with a thrown weapon, but each ranged attack must be resolved against a separate target” make me think it might not work. For context, I’m playing a level 10 gestalt campaign, with my two classes hopefully being bloodstorm blade (probably warblade) and duskblade.
    Last edited by Milex; 2022-01-09 at 06:14 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

RogueGuy

Default Re: 3.5e Thunderous throw + Blood Wind Ricochet/blade storm interaction.

You generally get to apply order of operations in the most favorable way with your own abilities.

This means that yes you can use thunderous throw with the other bloodstorm blade abilities because while they specify they are ranged attacks you can treat ranged attacks as melee attacks.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

Default Re: 3.5e Thunderous throw + Blood Wind Ricochet/blade storm interaction.

As Fouredged Sword said, it works.

As lil explanation:
    Have a look at the actions involved. Thunderous Throw sole requires a swift action. Thus it can be combined with either Blood Wind Ricochet or Blade Storm since those abilities both rely on a full-round action.

This also means, that you can't combine, lets say, Blood Wind Ricochet with Blade Storm.

Looking at the action types involved is often a good indicator if you can use things together.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateGirl

Thanks for the help! And ill keep the action order in mind next tike i have an issue.