New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Everyone has every spell. Survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    It's up to debate how secure demiplanes are against just planeshifting in, and the don't come with furniture and food, like MM does.

I'd just stack both.
    Iirc according to Manual of the Planes you can only planeshift into a demiplane from a point where it's coterminous to whatever plane you're trying to enter from.
    For Genesis that's the Ethereal for the spell version. The Ethereal is infinite, largely featureless, filled with ghosts and not entirely coterminous to the material.
    The area your demiplane is coterminous to is a 180ft radius per casting of the spell.

Also Plane Shift is a teleportation spell and warding a demiplane with Forbiddance isn't exactly hard. The only thing that gets through that is Wish (which gets through everything).

But the main defence for people shifting into your demiplane is obscurity. It's extremely unlikely for someone to just stumble on it without prior knowledge of its existence.

Magnificent Mansion alone can be countered too easily - they may not be able to enter but the portal only becomes invisible - anyone with Arcane Sight, See Invis or a similar spell can target it with a dispel and drop you out. It's definitely the best comfort option though.
    Last edited by sleepyphoenixx; 2022-01-13 at 08:46 AM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Crake View Post
    All these people casting magnificent mansion when genesis is on the board?!
    Genesis has a 1 week casting time, making it a non-starter in this situation.
    I made a webcomic, featuring absurdity, terrible art, and alleged morals.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Whether or not it's possible to get into the various demiplanes and other hidaways, it does seem fairly unlikely that most people would spend time trying to do so. Unless you've made some serious personal enemies, people who've basically just become omnipotent probably have better things to do. (Though after the initial chaos has died down, probably along with the majority of people, it's probably likely that some of the remaining people might start looking for the competition).

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    Whether or not it's possible to get into the various demiplanes and other hidaways, it does seem fairly unlikely that most people would spend time trying to do so. Unless you've made some serious personal enemies, people who've basically just become omnipotent probably have better things to do. (Though after the initial chaos has died down, probably along with the majority of people, it's probably likely that some of the remaining people might start looking for the competition).
    7 billion people, formed into countless different groups and factions and subgroups and splinter groups and.... I'm not afraid of an eenemy gunning for me, I'm afraid of being a casualty on the sidelines.

The Astral Winchester has two friendly people hanging out and is ready to welcome any more who wish to come.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    7 billion people, formed into countless different groups and factions and subgroups and splinter groups and.... I'm not afraid of an eenemy gunning for me, I'm afraid of being a casualty on the sidelines.

The Astral Winchester has two friendly people hanging out and is ready to welcome any more who wish to come.
    Oh, I agree. Getting the hell out of the way as soon as possible is certainly important. I just meant that once you manage to flee into some other plane or something it seems unlikely that people initially would bother trying to track you down and attempt to follow.

6. - Top - End - #36

Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    Oh, I agree. Getting the hell out of the way as soon as possible is certainly important. I just meant that once you manage to flee into some other plane or something it seems unlikely that people initially would bother trying to track you down and attempt to follow.
    Ah, I completely missed that you were the first one to agree with me when I tossed out that plan. My bad!

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Ah, I completely missed that you were the first one to agree with me when I tossed out that plan. My bad!
    Wait (hic) does this mean I have to pay for his first beer?

8. - Top - End - #38
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleBison View Post
    Oof, I forgot about that one.

So, teleport to the astral plane, first. All spells are quickened on the astral.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

There's no such thing as real "safety" because a properly-worded Wish can IIRC bring you anywhere, part any defense spells can create. Of course that requires someone to be targeting you (or some maniac to have an infinite number of Ice Assassins targeting every single living human, in which case you've already lost). If you don't have enemies, Magnificient Mansion seems sufficient - and if not, only Teleport Through Time could provide real safety.

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Silver Key PrC can enter magnificent mansions without permission as part of its capstone. Granted, this hypothetical only grants spells, not levels in anything in particular, but I don't doubt there's a way to grant yourself class features of your choice using some dumb spell combo.
    IIRC you can make give yourself Lycanthropy with a spell. If there's a way to level-drain yourself with a spell (which is tricky - AFAIK all negative level spells don't make you lose actual levels, so you might have to create an Ice Assassin and have it Shapechange into the right creature before striking you), I think you can use Restoration to turn those HD into other levels.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Oof, I forgot about that one.

So, teleport to the astral plane, first. All spells are quickened on the astral.
    Not going to work, unfortunately. Quicken spell doesn't do anything to spells with a casting time longer than a full-round action, and genesis can only be cast on the Ethereal Plane.

Correction: Genesis says "A character can only cast this spell while on the Ethereal Plane." So if you're using an item to cast the spell, you can do it anywhere. And depending on what kind of item you use, you might be able to bypass the casting time as well.
    Last edited by InvisibleBison; 2022-01-13 at 01:57 PM.
    I made a webcomic, featuring absurdity, terrible art, and alleged morals.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

Not going to work, unfortunately. Quicken spell doesn't do anything to spells with a casting time longer than a full-round action, and genesis can only be cast on the Ethereal Plane.

Correction: Genesis says "A character can only cast this spell while on the Ethereal Plane." So if you're using an item to cast the spell, you can do it anywhere. And depending on what kind of item you use, you might be able to bypass the casting time as well.
    ...That's a really interesting detail, I never thought about that. The effect is still "a demiplane coterminous with the Ethereal plane, centered on your location", so that could have some weird results depending on where you cast it.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

Huh. Depending on how you read the self-contradictions of the SRD, this should work:

• Wish for a Scroll of Genesis
    • Loop your CL until it's high enough to cast the scroll with no failure chance (shouldn't take too long)
    • Cast Genesis from the scroll as a standard action

Hanging out in a bar seems fun, provided everyone that can find the bar is sociable. Which... well, maybe.
    Avatar by the gracious and talented smutmulch!

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by MornShine View Post
    Hanging out in a bar seems fun, provided everyone that can find the bar is sociable. Which... well, maybe.
    Hey, on top of the several pints I've already had, I have Glibness and Lore of the Gods, at will, I'm the most social person in the vicinity of the Astral Winchester!

14. - Top - End - #44
    Firbolg in the Playground

Hiding is a good idea, security through obscurity is a good idea (be too much trouble to hunt down when there are easier targets), but you'd still be vulnerable to stuff like a random relative accidentally casting e.g. 'I wish X were here with us' and bringing you back into the chaos, since that is explicitly one of the things wish can safely do. Not sure what's proof against that particular function other than having an unbeatable Will save and not failing on a 1, or having enough SR that it can't stick. So I guess the first thing to do is to figure out if there's something which can make you not be easy to refer to specifically enough that summoning you counts as a safe wish.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by NichG View Post
    Hiding is a good idea, security through obscurity is a good idea (be too much trouble to hunt down when there are easier targets), but you'd still be vulnerable to stuff like a random relative accidentally casting e.g. 'I wish X were here with us' and bringing you back into the chaos, since that is explicitly one of the things wish can safely do. Not sure what's proof against that particular function other than having an unbeatable Will save and not failing on a 1, or having enough SR that it can't stick. So I guess the first thing to do is to figure out if there's something which can make you not be easy to refer to specifically enough that summoning you counts as a safe wish.
    That's easily done. Immediately apply the God Blooded of Vecna template. All knowledge of you immediately fades from the world for everyone except you and Vecna. Proceed to dive into your pocket dimension / mansion / etc. Then you'd only be hit with effects that affect everyone everywhere, and if that sort of wish is possible, it's presumably also possible to wish that you aren't affected by those. It costs some LA, and requires you to undergo torture and lose all your facial features, but that's the cost of assured survival instead of RNG.

Edit: I take it back; there's a much more secure answer. Immediately use Greater Celerity, then Teleport Through Time to go back to before everyone had every spell.

Since archive.wizards is down right now...

Spoiler: The Spell
    Show
    Teleport Through Time
    Transmutation [Teleportation]
    Level: Sor/Wiz 9
    Components: V, S, M, XP
    Casting Time: 1 round
    Range: Personal and touch
    Target: The character and touched objects or other touched willing creatures weighing up to 50 lb./level
    Duration: Instantaneous
    Saving Throw: None and Will negates (object)
    Spell Resistance: No and Yes (object)

A far more powerful version of the teleport spell, this spell instantly transports the character to the same location, but to a different time. Interplanar travel is not possible, and the spell fails on any plane where time is meaningless. The character can bring along objects and willing creatures totaling up to 50 pounds per caster level. Unwilling creatures cannot be affected by this spell. Only objects held or in use (attended) by another person receive saving throws and spell resistance.

To cast this spell, the character must be able to state the arrival time accurately, down to the minute. The spell never transports the caster and companions to the precise minute desired, but it cannot function at all without a specific minute in time to target. This "drift" effect of not arriving at the precise time desired grows with the "distance" through time (measured in years, months, and weeks) traveled. Thus, a caster teleporting to last month arrives closer to her goal than one traveling 250 years. The minimum temporal distance traveled is 1 day, so this spell is not useful for going back to the beginning of a melee that is still progressing.

This spell requires some knowledge of the destination time, so it cannot transport anyone into the future since the future is entirely unknown to the caster. Even spells that give knowledge of the future cannot give definite enough knowledge to allow this spell to work. It is possible to use this spell to travel forward in time, but only to the point in the caster's life when the caster first went back in time.

Since the caster may not know exactly what is transpiring at the destination time, prudent time-travelers prepare for the worst.

The errors in arrival for this spell occur in time rather than in location, since the character does not change locations at all. To see how closely the character arrives to the planned arrival time, consult this table.

Temporal Distance Travelled Temporal Drift* Chance of Mishap
    1 day to 1 month +/- d8 minutes 5%
    1 month to 1 year +/- d8 hours 7%
    1 year to 10 years +/- d20 hours 10%
    10 years to 100 years +/- d8 days 15%
    100 years to 1,000 years +/- d20 days 20%
    1,000 years + +/- d20 months 25%

* There is a 50% chance that the number is a negative number.

Add or subtract the temporal drift to the destination time to determine the exact time of arrival.

Mishaps result in the spell failing and the character taking 1 point of Intelligence damage for every 10 years of expected time travel due to the mental bombardment that time travel brings with it. Thus, a character trying to transport through 100 years would take 10 points of Intelligence damage. Intelligence can be reduced to 0 through this damage (but not lower).

In the case that a traveler meets himself, the two travelers instantly lose control and attack each other with every ability and item at their disposal. However, should a traveler die while traveling in the past, the traveler's body immediately vanishes from the point of time it traveled to and returns to the point where the spell was cast at the time that the spell was cast. In other words, if a traveler perishes in a fire, the instant that the traveler died in that fire is the instant in which the traveler is no longer in that time period, and the body is never found within that location since it returns to the moment of time in which the traveler finished the spell and began time traveling.

Special Note: The introduction of time travel into any campaign can be fraught with peril, so tread carefully. Players will wonder how much they can mess with the timeline, and you may run into instances of the grandfather paradox. Further, changes made very far back in time cannot really be worked out completely because of the chaotic aspect of events. Thus, it is simplest to use the rule that changes in time are minor and somehow time smooths them out. This argues for a determinism and predestination in the ways of your world, but you can say that once events have transpired, small perturbations are possible (this person lives rather than dies, but does not contribute to events in a meaningful way), but the large-scale events themselves somehow happen anyway. If the cause is changed, another cause comes along. In the case of someone killing their own grandfather, the PC might find that he is the same but has a different family when returning to the present. As long as you keep the knowledge of how to travel in time restricted, your campaign will not fall apart.

Material Components: The material components of this spell are a pinch of dead skin, a drop of oil of timelessness, and a flower grown in soil untouched by any intelligent creature since the desired destination time. The flower must be picked during the casting of the spell. Untouched soil is defined as soil that no creature with an Intelligence score of 3 or higher has walked on, touched, or disturbed in any way, and it is usually found in remote locations (putting soil in a portable container disturbs it). The caster does not know whether the soil has been disturbed too recently for the time travel attempt, and many wizards simply use trial and error to find suitable locations. In short, you must find a pristine area to cast this spell, then you travel back in time to the exact same location at which you cast the spell. Because important events in a character's life are highly unlikely to take place in pristine locales, it's unlikely you'll have the ability to use this spell to make two of yourself to appear in the same place at the same time. Once you cast the spell in a particular location, it is no longer pristine, making it even more difficult to arrange for three or more of your future selves to assemble together.

XP Cost: 1,000 XP.

Edit2: Since there's a finite amount of people in the world (probably fewer than there are days), even if everyone used Teleport Through Time simultaneously to go back in time, we still shouldn't land in the same year as anyone else, let alone the same month, given there's an infinite amount of years since the beginning of time. Additionally, we don't have to worry about folks going back further than use to lay a trap, as the spell declares how only minor changes in the timeline are possible, so any havoc they could wreak would be very, very limited in scope. This should, at the very least, buy you time enough to make any sort of preparations you want -- such as nesting a demiplane hideaway and encasing yourself in quintessence with contingent spells to wake you at your desired time after you initially teleported.
    Last edited by Doctor Despair; 2022-01-13 at 09:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by eggynack View Post
    What I care about here, though, is that the highest standard of pedantry is upheld.
    Know-It-All
    Long Arm of the Law
    Phantom of the Opera
    Arthropods, the Bane of Giants
    Horselord
    Mother Cyst of Invention
    Rule #15: a hero is only as good as his weapon!
    Master of Disguise

16. - Top - End - #46
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gruftzwerg View Post
    I think the best analogy would be a trading card game. Having all cards doesn't make you a good player. Sure, everybody has access to the same resources, but the on who uses em "most wisely" wins.
    I play a Platinum Angel and go back to sleep then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanos View Post
    The professionally offended will always find something to be angry about.

17. - Top - End - #47

Quote Originally Posted by Saintheart View Post
    Wait (hic) does this mean I have to pay for his first beer?
    Pay? Oh my no, none of that silliness. You don't pay in the Astral Winchester. That was part of the Wish.
    Quote Originally Posted by MornShine View Post
    Non-sociable people are not allowed in. That was part of the Wish.

It was a good use of Wish.

18. - Top - End - #48

Man, it's really been too long since I actually played 3.5.

I'm so dead.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

It's up to debate how secure demiplanes are against just planeshifting in, and the don't come with furniture and food, like MM does.

I'd just stack both.
    I mean, unless you can get a tuning fork for the demiplane, and since everyone has gate, they're equally as secure against it really, since you can definitely gate into both a demiplane and a magnificent mansion. But also, since you literally have every spell, you could easily conjure up heros feasts and make permanencied unseen servants to replicate the features of a magnificent mansion, plus true creation to fill the demiplane with whatever you want ontop of that. Best part is it won't go away after a few hours, unlike a magnificent mansion, plus you can add planar traits like flowing time to give yourself more time relative to the material.

Extra points for using a selective spell genesis to apply no magic to your entire demiplane, but have it not affect you or your friends, limiting anyone else who visits the plane to 4th level spells via invoke magic, while you and your friends are free to cast 9th level spells without issue.

That can be solved by spamming DCFS to get a 17th level spell slot and getting innate spell to cast genesis as an SLA.
    Last edited by Crake; 2022-01-14 at 05:03 AM.
    World of Madius wiki - My personal campaign setting, including my homebrew Optional Gestalt/LA rules.
    The new Quick Vestige List

Quote Originally Posted by Kazyan View Post
    Playing a wizard the way GitP says wizards should be played requires the equivalent time and effort investment of a university minor. Do you really want to go down this rabbit hole, or are you comfortable with just throwing a souped-up Orb of Fire at the thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by atemu1234 View Post
    Humans are rarely truly irrational, just wrong.

20. - Top - End - #50

True with the tuning fork, but that's what I mean the spell is weird in some details. I mean, the caster has to get there somehow. Unless casting the spell transports you there.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Crake View Post
    ...you can definitely gate into both a demiplane and a magnificent mansion.
    Not "definitely" - MMM includes the line "only those you designate may enter". If the DM takes that as just "when using the door" then Gate works for invaders. If the DM reads that as a general sense, then Gate does not work of itself for invaders. Which way it goes is a matter of interpretation, so it's not "definitely"
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Barbarian in the Playground

The terrible twos just got more terrible.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Despair View Post
    That's easily done. Immediately apply the God Blooded of Vecna template. All knowledge of you immediately fades from the world for everyone except you and Vecna. Proceed to dive into your pocket dimension / mansion / etc. Then you'd only be hit with effects that affect everyone everywhere, and if that sort of wish is possible, it's presumably also possible to wish that you aren't affected by those. It costs some LA, and requires you to undergo torture and lose all your facial features, but that's the cost of assured survival instead of RNG.

Edit: I take it back; there's a much more secure answer. Immediately use Greater Celerity, then Teleport Through Time to go back to before everyone had every spell.

Since archive.wizards is down right now...

Edit2: Since there's a finite amount of people in the world (probably fewer than there are days), even if everyone used Teleport Through Time simultaneously to go back in time, we still shouldn't land in the same year as anyone else, let alone the same month, given there's an infinite amount of years since the beginning of time. Additionally, we don't have to worry about folks going back further than use to lay a trap, as the spell declares how only minor changes in the timeline are possible, so any havoc they could wreak would be very, very limited in scope. This should, at the very least, buy you time enough to make any sort of preparations you want -- such as nesting a demiplane hideaway and encasing yourself in quintessence with contingent spells to wake you at your desired time after you initially teleported.
    Material components are tricky for these approaches I think, and a lot of it depends on stuff that's being assumed around the premise. For example, if 'everyone has every spell' but no access to D&D mechanics like levels, feats, etc beyond that unless those mechanics can be granted to you by a spell, then something like 'just take Eschew Components' has a much bigger spin-up loop which might involve pathing through stuff like summoning something that can cast Awaken on you from its own XP (or as an SLA) after PAOing into an animal or tree, just so you can get access to the level system. Teleport Through Time in particular would be annoying to use if you couldn't eschew the components, given the whole 'undisturbed soil' thing.

That said, if there is no specific reason for people in the world to want to kill you in particular, you probably do have much more than one round to escape, especially if we're ignoring any use of Wish that goes off-list (which would bar most 'accidentally kill the world in one round' types of outcomes). So anything that you can do within, say, the first 10 minutes is probably still pretty safe even if you live in a densely populated city. And you probably have a day or more if you live away from other people and don't personally have enemies who would want to kill you.

If we're not ignoring material component costs and people don't automatically get the rest of the D&D mechanics just because of spell access, probably the most dangerous thing that could happen in short order would be people accidentally dropping things like Blasphemy or Holy Word or whatever and killing everyone within 40ft (including themselves though...) - at least, if spells are cast at their minimum allowed caster level.

If everyone is CL 0, no other D&D mechanics, and we're not ignoring material component costs then actually I think it'd probably take months to really get to hellscape levels of ambient danger, because outside of particular people who are already familiar with D&D, it would take active experimentation and analysis to figure out how to actually become capable of casting e.g. enough of a fireball to actually cause harm.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

"I volunteer NOT to be tribute for these Hunger Games, thank you very much."

25. - Top - End - #55

BardGuy

What are the conditions of spellcasting in this scenario?

Everyone has access to and the ability to cast all spells. Does this also constitute knowledge of all spells and how to cast them, or do they kind of have to figure everything out as they go? To that end, do they know they have suddenly gained the ability to use magic to begin with?

Are material and XP costs still in play? I'm imagining that we're not limited by caster level in this scenario, and we have what is effectively a bunch of level 1-3 characters casting 9th level spells. The XP cost of spells like wish, miracle, and genesis would prevent the vast majority of people from being able to actually cast them. Expensive material components also bar a good number of spells from large portions of the population.

Assuming people don't automatically have an encyclopedic knowledge of their potential spell list and material components are still required, it could take a very long time for people to actually figure out how to use most of their spells. I mean, at least until someone figures it out and cracks open the Spell Compendium...
    "Technically correct" is the best kind of correct.

26. - Top - End - #56

Hop onto Twitter or whatever

Try to start trending hashtag #HeyEverybodyCastRemoveDiseaseOnYourselfRightNow

That should solve, or at least go a long way toward solving, *one* problem (and any number of other disease related issues)

Oh, also, #HeyEverybodyCastCreateFoodAndWaterRightNow

That should solve another big problem

Now, rabbit together with the people I care most about. The idea of the Astral Winchester sounds good but *checks shirt pocket” yeah my name is not Shaun and I’m certainly not Shaun’s girlfriend so I’m a little leery of what narrative convention would mean for me and a group of loved ones hanging out at the Winchester basically asking “what could go wrong here?”

I mean sure, I might be briefly tempted by the prospect of some kind OP isekai adventure in a D&D world, but (1) I’d probably run into some GMPC like Elminster a lot sooner than I’d like and also (2) I’ve read enough of Guardians of the Flame that no no no no no no NO no thank you.

27. - Top - End - #57

Quote Originally Posted by tiercel View Post
    The idea of the Astral Winchester sounds good but *checks shirt pocket” yeah my name is not Shaun and I’m certainly not Shaun’s girlfriend so I’m a little leery of what narrative convention would mean for me and a group of loved ones hanging out at the Winchester basically asking “what could go wrong here?”
    A.) It was a terrible idea in SotD. It is a great idea here.
    2.) Narrative convention doesn't apply when there's no narrative. Also, we're not asking that, we're playing darts and pool and stuff.
    iii.) I like you as a friend (same goes for all y'all - ain't no "loved one" status here).

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SimonMoon6 View Post
    What caster level does everyone have? If everyone is caster level 0 since nobody in the real world has any levels in a spellcasting class, then it's a moot point since you can't cast spells with a 0 caster level. If everyone has infinite caster level, then things can get crazy quickly.

...so should we assume that everyone has something like 17th or 18th caster level as the minimum needed (normally) to cast 9th level spells?

Or is epic spellcasting allowed? Only the ones specifically listed in the ELH or any possible epic spell? Even with just the prefabricated epic spells, you can cast Pestilence (1000 ft. radius which affects people, crops, animals, etc.) Sure people can cast cure disease I suppose, but you'd have to cast it on every single carrot and apricot (etc) and I just don't see people running around doing that, especially since while they're doing that, I can just cast Pestilence again (10 minute casting time). I could teleport around the globe, casting Pestilence over and over again in every part of every major city. This is not about killing people directly, but destroying the food chain completely. And presumably, I wouldn't be the only person doing this.

Rain of Fire is another good spell. Sure, you can protect yourself from the fire damage, but can you protect *everything*? It's got a 2 mile radius, which will destroy all vegetation. Again, this probably won't kill people directly, but there goes the food chain.

How many hit points will ordinary people have? If everyone's a 1st level commoner, then even the slightest confrontation could wipe out tons of people.

I mean, suppose we get mad at some guy and we cast Verdigris Tsunami. Ten minute casting time (and requiring fifteen casters) but 1000 foot radius, dealing 40d6 damage to people and things in the area....Reflex save for half... but that's still a *minimum* of 20 damage to everyone, which will certainly kill all of those 1st level commoners. And 1st level commoners aren't likely to make this Reflex save, and the average damage would be 140 hp... which is a lot of overkill to kill a 1st level commoner.
    Conjure food and water.
    purify.
    plane shift.
    The closest I get to clear and consise:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justanotherhero View Post
    Interesting read! Thanks for the post!

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

Time Stop.
    Gate (to distant spot on the astral)
    Magnificient Mansion
    Mind Blank

Pending info about XP costs:
    Wish(Spellblade with Wish).
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

30. - Top - End - #60

PirateWench

What if the real world doesn't have an Astral Plane, an Ethereal Plane, or any of these other planes?

And what if you can only summon/gate/etc real creatures? Zodars don't exist in the real world as far as I know.