So I was working on the ancient history of the homebrew world of my 5e campaign the other day and finally got around to the world's "Origin."
Spoiler: A little lore
Show
There is more pre-prehistory before this but no records remain and there was a mass extinction event. Basically, eons ago a large crew of a small handful of races (Humans, Dwarves, Halflings, and Orcs) came to investigate this world and what they found when they arrived was the last couple months of a worldwide war that had heavily utilized weapons of mass destruction. The few survivors were slow to trust and withheld most of their secrets for fear of being completely wiped out so they grouped together in insular cities allowing the Newcomers to settle any fertile land they could find.

Anyway, while I was at it I decided to stat up a playable race for these Yllvara even though I don't expect them to ever be played.

Yllvara
Creature Type: You are Humanoid.
Age: Your people have been known to live beyond 1,000 years.
Size: Yllvara are between 7 and 8 feet tall and weigh between 200 and 300 pounds. Your size is Medium.
Speed: Your walking speed is 30 feet.

Ever Present: Your kind is incredibly in tune with the life and magic around you and you draw your energy from the motes of magic that drift through the air. You do not need to sleep or breathe and gain the benefits of a long rest by meditating for at least 4 hours, during which time you are fully aware of your surroundings.
Additionally, when you reach 3rd level you can cast detect magic without requiring components once between short rests. When you reach 5th level you can cast Detect Magic with this ability at will.

Elder Form: Your species long ago learned to improve the physicality of themselves and their kin so while the secrets of how they did this have been lost to time, your kind remain physically powerful. Although you have the biological ability to eat, you can draw the energy needed to live from the magic around you while you meditate and thus do not require food unless you are in an anti-magic zone.
You count as one size larger when determining your carrying capacity and the weight you can push, drag, or lift. Additionally the distance of your standing and running jumps increase by your proficiency bonus.

With this race I would use the new floating ability bonuses but if I anyone wanted to use this and their table didn't use those rules I would give them +1 Str., +1 Int., & +1 Wis.

I know this is a lot but most of their abilities are fairly circumstantial so I don't think it crosses into OP (Let me Know if you do). Anyway, hope y'all enjoy it.