New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Redeeming Love (2022)

Hello everyone. Today I'm going to review the movie called Redeeming Love (2022) that I saw yesterday.

Spoiler: My Thoughts On Redeeming Love (2022)
    Show
    Yesterday morning I saw the movie called Redeeming Love. It was based on a book. This movie is about a prostitute named Angel who has a very sad and disturbing life right until she met a farmer name, Michael. What I like about this movie is that it was very serious and powerful. It was very well written. There was a lot of flashback of Angel's childhood. There wasn't anything that I dislike about this movie. It was a very serious movie even though it rated PG-13. I enjoy this movie very much. I'll give this movie 10 out of 10 stars.
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Redeeming Love (2022)

Can you tell us how the film was very serious? Where there any actors who gave particularly strong or weak performances? Anything in particular in the plot you liked or thinked could be improved?
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Can you tell us how the film was very serious? Were there any actors who gave particularly strong or weak performances? Anything in particular in the plot you liked or thought could be improved?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Where the part was there was so much fighting against women. Also, all the actors and actresses' performance was great. Also like I said before I like how they reveal Angel's childhood.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Please tell me this movie isn't "Downtrodden prostitute gets saved by the love of a man."
    Tali avatar by the talented Thormag.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Halfling in the Playground

Would you say it was better or worse than Pretty Woman?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sholos View Post
    Please tell me this movie isn't "Downtrodden prostitute gets saved by the love of a man."
    It is.

Quote Originally Posted by HeyHoWhatUpYo View Post
    Would you say it was better or worse than Pretty Woman?
    I never saw Pretty Woman so I can't verify my opinion on that.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

And now I've lost all interest in this film.

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    It is.
    Eugh, gross. One thing the world certainly doesn't need is more stories about how a woman just needs the right man to teach her how to truly love.
    Tali avatar by the talented Thormag.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Eugh, gross. One thing the world certainly doesn't need is more stories about how a woman just needs the right man to teach her how to truly love.
    I think the movie was pretty interesting in my opinion.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

Chimera

I think the movie was pretty interesting in my opinion.
    It would probably help if you could explain why. Or, barring that, why it doesn't live up to the expressed fear that this is another Madonna-Whore Complex story where the female protagonist (laden with moral turpitude) is saved from her ruinous self by the redeeming (hey, right there in the title) force of a good man's love? Or, if it is that kind of story, why it is watchable and engaging despite that.

We've gotten less than an elevator-pitch level on what the movie is and what it is about. I'm prepared to hear that it exceeds our expectations. We just need to hear why.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Willie the Duck View Post
    It would probably help if you could explain why. Or, barring that, why it doesn't live up to the expressed fear that this is another Madonna-Whore Complex story where the female protagonist (laden with moral turpitude) is saved from her ruinous self by the redeeming (hey, right there in the title) force of a good man's love? Or, if it is that kind of story, why it is watchable and engaging despite that.

We've gotten less than an elevator-pitch level on what the movie is and what it is about. I'm prepared to hear that it exceeds our expectations. We just need to hear why.
    It's in the spoilers. Check it out.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

It's in the spoilers. Check it out.
    It's not though. Nothing in the spoiler addresses their concerns in any way. Your spoiler basically tells me nothing unless I'ved already seen the movie.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    It's not though. Nothing in the spoiler addresses their concerns in any way. Your spoiler tells me nothing unless I've seen the movie.
    Well, it's up to them if they want to see the movie or not. I already explained my thoughts on the movie very clear.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Well, it's up to them if they want to see the movie or not. I already explained my thoughts on the movie very clear.
    Yes, but you did not in any way address the concerns they have.

Go back over Willie the Duck's post and just answer the questions. They're very straight-forward, and you should be able to answer them if you've seen the movie.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

If I'm writing a review of The Wrath of Khan there are multiple scenes I could spend an entire page of A4 writing about, and many themes I could talk about without s single spoiler. I could talk about the model work or visual design, I could discuss if this is a film that's better without sequels (which is my personal opinion), I could relate it to previous science fiction epics, or discuss how the entire film is based around character relationships, and discuss why I believe this is the best acting William Shatner has done. I can give people an idea of if they'll like the film without giving a single spoiler, and I can tell you why this is a revenge story worth watching.

Or I could say it's a film where Kirk meets an old for, nearly gets defeated, but comes out on top thanks to a crew member's sacrifice. I really like the space scenes and most of the actors give solid performances.

Actually, why am I here? I have TOS season 1 on DVD, that's a far better use of my time.

Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    Yes, but you did not in any way address the concerns they have.

Go back over Willie the Duck's post and just answer the questions. They're very straight-forward, and you should be able to answer them if you've seen the movie.
    I have already Willie about that.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

I have already Willie about that.
    No you haven't. We've all asked for detail, but you've remained at surface level.

But then again, why would you listen this time when you've ignored every previous piece of advice people have given you regarding your reviews.

Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Spoiler: My reason why I like Redeeming Love
    Show
    The reason why I love this movie is that Angel has to endure the hardship that she suffered In her childhood that she leads to where she is today in the brothel.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: My reason why I like Redeeming Love
    Show
    The reason why I love this movie is that Angel has to endure the hardship that she suffered In her childhood that she leads to where she is today in the brothel.
    Okay, now go a level deeper. What are the emotions? What themes does the film explore? Is there any important recurring imagery. What character relationships drive the plot (beyond the one you've already told us about)?

Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Okay, now go a level deeper. What are the emotions? What themes does the film explore? Is there any important recurring imagery? What character relationships drive the plot (beyond the one you've already told us about)?
    Ok.

Spoiler
    Show
    The movie explores how much anger and abuse she has to suffer from sexual abuse from her father and also the physical abuse of her security guard. Which leads to her rescue from Michael.