New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Moon Knight - First Trailer

Just out this evening:

I don't know a thing about the original comic version, and I can't say this inspires much interest.

But I'll watch the first episode and see if it grabs me. Oscar Isaac as a neurotic loser is at least a change of pace.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Moon Knight - First Trailer

Oscar Isaac! Kid Cudi in the trailer! The costume! I'm stoked.

Rumor has it
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sharon Carter will return for this one
    as well. And Ethan Hawke is in it, I haven't seen him since Magnificent Seven and Valerian but I loved him in both movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sharon Carter will return for this one
    Is that a good thing? I wasn't following any tv show after wandavision so I don't know if I should be excited.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

The trailer honestly looks like one of the best things Disney has put out since Endgame.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Oscar Isaac! Kid Cudi in the trailer! The costume! I'm stoked.
    I know just enough about Moon Knight that I'm looking forward to this as well. With She-Hulk and Ms Marvel coming after I'm pretty hyped for this year's releases.

Just trying to forget, you know, about the last time a major superhero project prominently featured Oscar Isaac.....

6. - Top - End - #6

Quote Originally Posted by Dire_Flumph View Post
    Just trying to forget, you know, about the last time a major superhero project prominently featured Oscar Isaac.....
    Ha! I mean, even DC was doing a better job than the post-Future-Past FoxMen movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Cen View Post
    Is that a good thing? I wasn't following any tv show after wandavision so I don't know if I should be excited.
    I genuinely enjoyed her in FATWS. There were a lot of unanswered questions around her that I'm hoping we get more insight for here.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

I don't actually know anything about Moon Knight other than the memes, but this looks kinda fun. Different, at least, and that's got some promise.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

It looks like the series may have a problem continuing anything they haven't shot. If the main character is actually "Midnight Man,"then the actor just died after a ski collision.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Palanan View Post
    Just out this evening:

I don't know a thing about the original comic version, and I can't say this inspires much interest.

But I'll watch the first episode and see if it grabs me. Oscar Isaac as a neurotic loser is at least a change of pace.
    Granted, I haven't read Moon Knight since my teens (and that's several decades ago...), but I barely recognise any of that beyond the costume - and then, mostly the mask. There was a vague Egyptian deity thing in the comic, though...
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

10. - Top - End - #10
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by J-H View Post
    It looks like the series may have a problem continuing anything they haven't shot. If the main character is actually "Midnight Man,"then the actor just died after a ski collision.
    The main character is Moon Knight, and the actor playing him is Oscar Isaac.

Still, really sad news about Ulliel's passing. RIP
    "Like the old proverb says, if one sees something not right, one must draw out his sword to intervene"

11. - Top - End - #11
    Halfling in the Playground

I'm glad people are stoked but to me, the costume looks bad and goofy. I get Green Lantern flashbacks from it.

12. - Top - End - #12

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth View Post
    Granted, I haven't read Moon Knight since my teens (and that's several decades ago...), but I barely recognise any of that beyond the costume - and then, mostly the mask. There was a vague Egyptian deity thing in the comic, though...
    Khonshu, who I believe is the god of the moon (hence the titular character's name.)

One of the big questions the show will likely address is whether this entity truly exists and Marc is actually its avatar/herald, or whether the entire thing is in his head and he's just using that as an excuse to beat up criminals. In the comics, Khonshu truly exists, and given how much Thor and the Eternals have leaned into the MCU's "ancient aliens" mythological origins, I expect him to be real here too.

Another MCU tie lurking in the background here concerns perennial Marvel baddie Rama-Tut:
    Spoiler
    Show
    In Marvel, Rama-Tut is an ancient yet presumably time-travelling Egyptian pharaoh and recurring bad guy for the Avengers and the Fantastic Four. For reasons I won't go into here, Khonshu is not a fan of this guy.

More importantly, Rama-Tut was later revealed to be
    Spoiler
    Show
    another alias for Kang The Conqueror, a variant of whom ended up being He Who Remains from Loki, and who is being positioned as the big bad of this Phase (and possibly a subsequent one.)

All that is a long-winded way to say that Moon Knight may tie into the main story of this phase in a big way.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy