New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Need Help with map generators.

Hey folks.

Real simple question: I am starting a new game soon and as an exercise in group bonding and buy in I really want to generate a world with friends. I want to have a map that we can populate with various places drawn from other worlds or games or books and smorgasbord a place like some sort of multiversal hot pot.

I want to generate a blank map that is only split apart by demarcations for country borders and water ways. I've tried to use some of the map generators that I've found online but I seem to just not be able to read properly because I can't make the map maker perform this function. They keeps auto-populating cities and placing names that I don't want.

Does anyone have a preferred world map making tool and if they do. What Options Do I Choose to create a blank map like this?
    All Hail Fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    No... no... its... its supposed to be 'then'... NO. DENOMAR OUT. YOU HAVE RUINED EVERYTHING.
    New Sexy Mordrent Avatar via Tiffany Lirle! I bow down to her sense of fun.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: Need Help with map generators.

Quote Originally Posted by Denomar View Post
    Hey folks.

Real simple question: I am starting a new game soon and as an exercise in group bonding and buy in I really want to generate a world with friends. I want to have a map that we can populate with various places drawn from other worlds or games or books and smorgasbord a place like some sort of multiversal hot pot.

I want to generate a blank map that is only split apart by demarcations for country borders and water ways. I've tried to use some of the map generators that I've found online but I seem to just not be able to read properly because I can't make the map maker perform this function. They keeps auto-populating cities and placing names that I don't want.

Does anyone have a preferred world map making tool and if they do. What Options Do I Choose to create a blank map like this?
    After benchmarking a few, I chose Wonderdraft.
    Inkarnate is an online option that looked really good and ProFantasy all made it on the podium

Forgot the lazyman choice : https://azgaar.github.io/Fantasy-Map-Generator/
    Last edited by Paragon; 2022-01-18 at 04:38 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

I like Inkarnate, I feel like it's really easy to make good looking maps using that. Though I'm not sure if it's possible to make borders with the free version (they have a premium version with more stuff, though I find that the free one is enough most of the time) but I suppose you could always just add the borders afterwards.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Go to the Carographers' Guild (I don't have the link right now). They're all about everything map making.
    Custom Melayl avatar by my cousin, ~thejason10, used with his permission. See his work at his Deviant Art page.
    My works:
    Need help?
    Spoiler
    Show
    National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (USA)
    1-800-273-TALK (8255), 24/7
    www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org
    In Australia: Lifeline, 13 11 14, 24/7
    Reach Out Australia
    Beyond Blue, 1300 22 4636
    The Samaritans (UK too) UK: 08457 90 90 90, ROI: 1850 60 90 90