A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 1520
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Anonymouswizard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In my library

    Default Re: Bartmanhomer Evil Random Banter Thread #237

    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    I can understand that. Old 40k art is supremely detailed and I appreciate the skill it took to create but so much of it looks like it's got the plague laced into the page.
    Oh yeah, too many details is bad. It's kind of why I like Girl Genius, it can be detailed with many great things in the background but it's never too detailed.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

    RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

    Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

  2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground
     
    HalfTangible's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Primus Imperium
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Bartmanhomer Evil Random Banter Thread #237

    Went to look at apartments today.

    Place 1 was right across from work, I could just walk there every day if I wanted. And since I work there, I get to waive 175 in admin fees. So that's awesome.

    Place 2 had nicer, larger apartments with better layouts, but was further away (albeit not far, like 10 minutes tops) and had a significantly higher price tag.

    Got a third and fourth place to look at tomorrow. One of them was the place I first looked at when I was looking into places to move to in NC. The other is right next to Place 1. So that's a thing.
    It's hard to forgive those who have wronged you but every moment you don't is another they have hurt you.

    Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo

    Discord: HalfTangible#7505

    Extended Sig

  3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Bartmanhomer Evil Random Banter Thread #237

    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Went to look at apartments today.

    Place 1 was right across from work, I could just walk there every day if I wanted. And since I work there, I get to waive 175 in admin fees. So that's awesome.

    Place 2 had nicer, larger apartments with better layouts, but was further away (albeit not far, like 10 minutes tops) and had a significantly higher price tag.

    Got a third and fourth place to look at tomorrow. One of them was the place I first looked at when I was looking into places to move to in NC. The other is right next to Place 1. So that's a thing.
    That's wonderful, Half.
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!

  4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground
     
    HalfTangible's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Primus Imperium
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Bartmanhomer Evil Random Banter Thread #237

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Oh yeah, too many details is bad. It's kind of why I like Girl Genius, it can be detailed with many great things in the background but it's never too detailed.
    Well, it's less that, and more that early 40k art was deliberately disgusting and horrifying to look at. This is a demon, so yeah, it's supposed to look ugly, but they also draw a lot of humans like this. This is supposed to be Magnus the Red, a friggen Primarch, before he falls to Chaos and turns into a demon. And here's Leman Russ, loyalist primarch.

    And yeah, that's a major point of 40k, humanity has fallen so far there's not even hope for recovery at this point, but it's still unpleasant to look at, even if there's a good reason for it. Some of it works really well and I like it, and the newer stuff can be downright amazing, but others... yurgh.
    It's hard to forgive those who have wronged you but every moment you don't is another they have hurt you.

    Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo

    Discord: HalfTangible#7505

    Extended Sig

  5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Bartmanhomer Evil Random Banter Thread #237

    Anyway. I'm at home relaxing in bed at the moment, watching CSI: The Original Series.
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!

  6. - Top - End - #126
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Form's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Bartmanhomer Evil Random Banter Thread #237

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Oh yeah, too many details is bad. It's kind of why I like Girl Genius, it can be detailed with many great things in the background but it's never too detailed.
    I used to read Girl Genius, because its premise of a bunch of mad scientist running amok all over Europe is cool, but at some point I lost interest. There's a lot going on in that comic and I'd kind of wish the author would focus a bit more on resolving already running plotlines before adding yet even more new stuff. At some point it started feeling too chaotic plot wise for my taste.

    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Went to look at apartments today.

    Place 1 was right across from work, I could just walk there every day if I wanted. And since I work there, I get to waive 175 in admin fees. So that's awesome.

    Place 2 had nicer, larger apartments with better layouts, but was further away (albeit not far, like 10 minutes tops) and had a significantly higher price tag.

    Got a third and fourth place to look at tomorrow. One of them was the place I first looked at when I was looking into places to move to in NC. The other is right next to Place 1. So that's a thing.
    If the travel difference is only 10 minutes and both places are really close to work I'd probably favor place 2 if I'd be able to afford it as long as I wouldn't have to start worrying about my financial security. Good luck with checking out places 3 and 4!

  7. - Top - End - #127
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Rater202's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Where I am

    Default Re: Bartmanhomer Evil Random Banter Thread #237

    The main furnace suddenly went out. It is nine degrees outside.

    (-12.7778 celsius)

    Luckily we have electric heaters, but...
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

    Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

  8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Fyraltari's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    France
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Bartmanhomer Evil Random Banter Thread #237

    Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    The main furnace suddenly went out. It is nine degrees outside.

    (-12.7778 celsius)

    Luckily we have electric heaters, but...
    Let us know if you die, Rater.

    More seriously, my sympathies, hope your heaters are powerful enough to heat up the room without costing too much.
    Forum Wisdom

    Mage avatar by smutmulch.

  9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BisectedBrioche's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Some rainly old island
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Bartmanhomer Evil Random Banter Thread #237

    Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    The main furnace suddenly went out. It is nine degrees outside.

    (-12.7778 celsius)

    Luckily we have electric heaters, but...
    Ironically, that's not cool!
    Hi, I'm back, I guess. ^_^
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Tomb Raider: Anniversary (Wii) (Mon/Wed) and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney 3: Trials and Tribulations (Fri)

  10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Fyraltari's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    France
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Bartmanhomer Evil Random Banter Thread #237

    Quote Originally Posted by BisectedBrioche View Post
    Ironically, that's not cool!
    Indeed, it's pretty cold.
    Forum Wisdom

    Mage avatar by smutmulch.

  11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Anonymouswizard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In my library

    Default Re: Bartmanhomer Evil Random Banter Thread #237

    Quote Originally Posted by Form View Post
    I used to read Girl Genius, because its premise of a bunch of mad scientist running amok all over Europe is cool, but at some point I lost interest. There's a lot going on in that comic and I'd kind of wish the author would focus a bit more on resolving already running plotlines before adding yet even more new stuff. At some point it started feeling too chaotic plot wise for my taste.
    Eh, it's no more complicated than your standard 3000 page science fiction/fantasy trilogy. Plus it's likely all beginning to wind down.

    It might also be easier to read everything together after it's finished. Some stories are better that way.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

    RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

    Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

  12. - Top - End - #132
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Bartmanhomer Evil Random Banter Thread #237

    *looks outside at the -40 C hellscape I walk through to work each day*

    Yeah that's pretty cold Rater. Good luck!


    Back to normal Zodi avatars for awhile.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground
     
    HalfTangible's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Primus Imperium
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Bartmanhomer Evil Random Banter Thread #237

    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Went to look at apartments today.

    Place 1 was right across from work, I could just walk there every day if I wanted. And since I work there, I get to waive 175 in admin fees. So that's awesome.

    Place 2 had nicer, larger apartments with better layouts, but was further away (albeit not far, like 10 minutes tops) and had a significantly higher price tag.

    Got a third and fourth place to look at tomorrow. One of them was the place I first looked at when I was looking into places to move to in NC. The other is right next to Place 1. So that's a thing.
    Place 3 was the original place I was looking at. I think I would've been fine enough with it if I had just gone straight in without thinking further about it; it's right on the road that goes to work, it's close to shopping areas, apartments are nice, etc... but place 1 and 2 are both better options.

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    *looks outside at the -40 C hellscape I walk through to work each day*

    Yeah that's pretty cold Rater. Good luck!
    Why do people live there?!
    It's hard to forgive those who have wronged you but every moment you don't is another they have hurt you.

    Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo

    Discord: HalfTangible#7505

    Extended Sig

  14. - Top - End - #134
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator
     
    Peelee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Bartmanhomer Evil Random Banter Thread #237

    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Place 3 was the original place I was looking at. I think I would've been fine enough with it if I had just gone straight in without thinking further about it; it's right on the road that goes to work, it's close to shopping areas, apartments are nice, etc... but place 1 and 2 are both better options.
    Place 1 sounds ideal. You know, for a fact, you will be making the commute to work and back (presumably) five times a week. Making that as little an annoyance as possible really adds up.
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Why do people live there?!
    [Zoidberg]If you call that living.[/Zoidberg]
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

    Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

  15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Bartmanhomer Evil Random Banter Thread #237

    I hate being patient. Patience isn't my strong suit.
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!

  16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Fyraltari's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    France
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Bartmanhomer Evil Random Banter Thread #237

    Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    I hate being patient. Patience isn't my strong suit.
    We noticed.
    Forum Wisdom

    Mage avatar by smutmulch.

  17. - Top - End - #137
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Bartmanhomer Evil Random Banter Thread #237

    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Place 3 was the original place I was looking at. I think I would've been fine enough with it if I had just gone straight in without thinking further about it; it's right on the road that goes to work, it's close to shopping areas, apartments are nice, etc... but place 1 and 2 are both better options.

    Why do people live there?!
    It's not that cold all the time! Just most of the time!

    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Place 1 sounds ideal. You know, for a fact, you will be making the commute to work and back (presumably) five times a week. Making that as little an annoyance as possible really adds up.

    [Zoidberg]If you call that living.[/Zoidberg]
    Haha, yeah. Yeah...


    Back to normal Zodi avatars for awhile.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Fyraltari's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    France
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Bartmanhomer Evil Random Banter Thread #237

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    *looks outside at the -40 C hellscape I walk through to work each day*

    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Why do people live there?!
    Humans are space orcs?
    Forum Wisdom

    Mage avatar by smutmulch.

  19. - Top - End - #139
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator
     
    Peelee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Bartmanhomer Evil Random Banter Thread #237

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    It's not that cold all the time! Just most of the time!
    It is currently 13º C here, which I would describe as absolutely freezing.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

    Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

  20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Bartmanhomer Evil Random Banter Thread #237

    Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    We noticed.
    Well, I'm glad that you noticed. Every time I have to wait outside for the movie theater to be open. I get frustrated. My mind tells me: "Open the door already so I can watch the movie." It's so frustrating.
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!

  21. - Top - End - #141
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Form's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Bartmanhomer Evil Random Banter Thread #237

    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    It is currently 13º C here, which I would describe as absolutely freezing.
    Just stay inside, surrounded by the comfortable glow of the tv, the computer and books.

  22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Bartmanhomer Evil Random Banter Thread #237

    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    It is currently 13º C here, which I would describe as absolutely freezing.
    Oh please, i bet your hair doesnt even collect ice if you go outside.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

  23. - Top - End - #143
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Rater202's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Where I am

    Default Re: Bartmanhomer Evil Random Banter Thread #237

    Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Humans are space orcs?
    Can I trade my space orcness for space dragoness?
    Spoiler: I mean, come on, who wouldn't want to be one of these things.
    Show


    Image from Marvel Database wiki.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2022-01-25 at 11:59 AM.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

    Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

  24. - Top - End - #144
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator
     
    Peelee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Bartmanhomer Evil Random Banter Thread #237

    Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Well, I'm glad that you noticed. Every time I have to wait outside for the movie theater to be open. I get frustrated. My mind tells me: "Open the door already so I can watch the movie." It's so frustrating.
    Maybe you should consider that you're not the only person in the world and that other people are doing things in junction with you, and you might be more understanding and have more patience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Form View Post
    Just stay inside, surrounded by the comfortable glow of the tv, the computer and books.
    Capital idea!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Oh please, i bet your hair doesnt even collect ice if you go outside.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

    Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

  25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Bartmanhomer Evil Random Banter Thread #237

    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Maybe you should consider that you're not the only person in the world and that other people are doing things in junction with you, and you might be more understanding and have more patience.

    Capital idea!

    Spoiler
    Show
    I know that. I'm the type of person who's energetic at a fast pace. If I want something done, I'll do it very quickly.
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!

  26. - Top - End - #146
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator
     
    Peelee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Bartmanhomer Evil Random Banter Thread #237

    Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    I know that. I'm the type of person who's energetic at a fast pace. If I want something done, I'll do it very quickly.
    I don't think you do know that. Of the three sentences you wrote there, two of them espouse a remarkably egocentric view in context of the conversation. You're ignoring that other people are different from you and you expect them to match you. You get annoyed when you don't. You're clearly not taking other people into consideration for anything other than what they are (or are not) doing for you.

    They have stuff to do. Your movie is going to start at a set time regardless. The doors opening a couple minutes earlier isn't going to make the movie start any faster, and there's a reason those doors are closed (and that reason is the other people are doing things that need to be done before the doors open).
    Last edited by Peelee; 2022-01-25 at 12:18 PM.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

    Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

  27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Bartmanhomer Evil Random Banter Thread #237

    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    I don't think you do know that. Of the three sentences you wrote there, two of them espouse a remarkably egocentric view in context of the conversation. You're ignoring that other people are different from you and you expect them to match you. You get annoyed when you don't. You're clearly not taking other people into consideration for anything other than what they are (or are not) doing for you.

    They have stuff to do. Your movie is going to start at a set time regardless. The doors opening a couple minutes earlier isn't going to make the movie start any faster, and there's a reason those doors are closed (and that reason is the other people are doing things that need to be done before the doors open).
    So what are you saying then?
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!

  28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Fyraltari's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    France
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Bartmanhomer Evil Random Banter Thread #237

    Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    So what are you saying then?
    That your frustration might lessen if you take the time to reflect as to why the movies isn't starting right now. Trying to think about things from other people's perspective might help you build your patience.
    Forum Wisdom

    Mage avatar by smutmulch.

  29. - Top - End - #149
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator
     
    Peelee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Bartmanhomer Evil Random Banter Thread #237

    Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    So what are you saying then?
    Maybe you should consider that you're not the only person in the world and that other people are doing things in junction with you, and you might be more understanding and have more patience.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

    Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

  30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Fyraltari's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    France
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Bartmanhomer Evil Random Banter Thread #237

    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Maybe you should consider that you're not the only person in the world and that other people are doing things in junction with you, and you might be more understanding and have more patience.
    Capital idea?
    Forum Wisdom

    Mage avatar by smutmulch.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •