New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dead of Winter Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Taffimai View Post
    Ohh, that's awesome! I don't know what Caoimhin has planned for narration, but I would love to come back as a surprise zombie to GGAARGHL some night kill a few days down the line
    Honestly when I first saw we had a place to go at night, I thought it was going to be like "this is the building the wolves attack" or something like that.

Also did we decide on a bane/scry target?

2. - Top - End - #242
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    The most popular choice was Xihirli, though Bladescape was also suggested and an obviously good choice. At this point, it's up to the people going to the Library, who I want to point out are all people who voted for me, which is good news because it increases the chances that there are two wolves there and only one at other locations.

- - - Updated - - -

The most popular choice was Xihirli, though Bladescape was also suggested and an obviously good choice. At this point, it's up to the people going to the Library, who I want to point out are all people who voted for me, which is good news because it increases the chances that there are two wolves there and only one at other locations.

Edit: I'm leaving it, but sorry for the double post, my internet is acting up
    Last edited by Taffimai; 2022-01-26 at 06:36 AM.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Why would it be up to the Library people? Surely it would be the people visiting the school and hospital?

Also voting for you isn't necessarily wolfy.

(Though I'm now fairly sure you're town, if that's any consolation.)

I prefer a Xihirli scry, personally, but purely in terms of information bladescape seems a decent option.
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

Either of Xi and Blade is fine, with a preference for the former as she inherited Rogan's reads.

5. - Top - End - #245

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    Why would it be up to the Library people? Surely it would be the people visiting the school and hospital?

Also voting for you isn't necessarily wolfy.

(Though I'm now fairly sure you're town, if that's any consolation.)

I prefer a Xihirli scry, personally, but purely in terms of information bladescape seems a decent option.
    I just made the same mistake again of saying Library when I mean School. Voting for anybody is not inherently wolfy, but you're always going to find more wolves in town wagons than in wolf wagons.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

I just made the same mistake again of saying Library when I mean School. Voting for anybody is not inherently wolfy, but you're always going to find more wolves in town wagons than in wolf wagons.
    Idk where anywhere is. Here I was thinking the gas station was the scry.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

I'd expect the opposite, actually. If a wolf looks like they'll end up lynched other wolves voting for them is an often emplyed tactic.

Also let's throw Snow on the pile of possible scries, as it wouldn't be weird to see somebody pull the same wolf play twice in a row.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

I was going to complain that I shouldn't be scried, but then I realised being confirmed town and protected and dictating all the mechanical plans actually sounds pretty fun.

Still, I think I can make myself towny enough that it won't be necessary.

- - - Updated - - -

Idk where anywhere is. Here I was thinking the gas station was the scry.
    Got any reads to share?
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

AV might be another idea for the scry, not because I'm particularly suspicious but because I don't think I'll ever fully trust AV without mechanical confirmation and I don't think I'm the only one. Having a completely trusted AV would probably be a big asset for town, as would outing a wolfy AV.

That said, Xi or blade might still be better choices.

In a way, I'm kind of hoping Taff is a townie and Snow a wolf, because pulling basically the exact same play with the exact same person two games in a row would be very impressive. Feels unlikely though, even if Taff flips town, Snow still feels towny. (Then again, I was pretty open with what made me suspicious about Snow last game, so adapting to that wouldn't exactly be impossible for a wolfy Snow...)

10. - Top - End - #250

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    AV might be another idea for the scry, not because I'm particularly suspicious but because I don't think I'll ever fully trust AV without mechanical confirmation and I don't think I'm the only one. Having a completely trusted AV would probably be a big asset for town, as would outing a wolfy AV.

That said, Xi or blade might still be better choices.

In a way, I'm kind of hoping Taff is a townie and Snow a wolf, because pulling basically the exact same play with the exact same person two games in a row would be very impressive. Feels unlikely though, even if Taff flips town, Snow still feels towny. (Then again, I was pretty open with what made me suspicious about Snow last game, so adapting to that wouldn't exactly be impossible for a wolfy Snow...)
    I wouldn't call it the exact same play, since Snow wasn't really pushing for my lynch, just trying to save Bladescape at all costs. I think the "usual suspects" like AV and Snow have a better than usual chance of getting night killed if the wolves don't want to play WIFOM between Bladescape and Xihirli, just because they're likely to get scried over lynched this game. Which means you shouldn't scry them until N2 when you hopefully have double scries.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Bugbear in the Playground

Taff, tell me right now who you'd prefer scried/docced?

If you do flip town I promise I'll at least honour it.

(Taff could be wolf trying not to give town discussion time knowing that she's a wolf, but that's just me hoping that I'm still right. )

The question I'd have is if Taff is town: Why would wolves try voting Taff over me? Given that there are quite a few wolves who have some wariness around me, I would absolutely assume that knocking me out D1 is a sound play.

- - - Updated - - -

Also given I know I'm town, so if Taff flips town then I reckon that in "Neither: Libro, Book Wombat" <- is a Wolf voting off the two town wagons.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

12. - Top - End - #252

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    Taff, tell me right now who you'd prefer scried/docced?

If you do flip town I promise I'll at least honour it.

(Taff could be wolf trying not to give town discussion time knowing that she's a wolf, but that's just me hoping that I'm still right. )

The question I'd have is if Taff is town: Why would wolves try voting Taff over me? Given that there are quite a few wolves who have some wariness around me, I would absolutely assume that knocking me out D1 is a sound play.

- - - Updated - - -

Also given I know I'm town, so if Taff flips town then I reckon that in "Neither: Libro, Book Wombat" <- is a Wolf voting off the two town wagons.
    Xihirli because you are part of the team going to the School, and I want to make sure that on the off chance that there are three wolves there they can't kill the one townie and "scry" you as town.

Wolves try to look town. I was a wagon before you were, and they couldn't very well all move off because they wanted you dead more.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post

Admittedly, I think there's little to glean from Taff's death over yours, so I'd sooner see her dead then you if I was a wolf.

By the way: those going to kill place know to vote for no kill, do they?

- - - Updated - - -

Wait is there even anybody going to kill place?

14. - Top - End - #254

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    Admittedly, I think there's little to glean from Taff's death over yours, so I'd sooner see her dead then you if I was a wolf.

By the way: those going to kill place know to vote for no kill, do they?

- - - Updated - - -

Wait is there even anybody going to kill place?
    No, the system was set up so nobody is going there, and the Gas Station will check that nobody does. There is a chance that the people at the Grocery Store will be able to kill, but then they shouldn't. There should only be one kill tonight.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

TL;DR Most anybody can be a good scry target, because there's a few different motivations to scry a particular person:

1) The person is dangerous. This is somebody you might have trouble reading might not, but you cannot afford to be wrong about their alignment. No matter how confident you are in your reads, you're going to spend the whole game second-guessing yourself about this particular person, because what if you're wrong and it's sending your analysis spiraling down the wrong path? This is AV, blade, Snow...maybe Ti as well? Blade, confirm/deny Ti's dangerousness?

2) The person is impossible to read. Where point 1 is about the stakes involved in trusting your reads, this is about the difficulty of gaining confidence in your reads in the first place. If most people have a terrible time getting even a shaky read on a given player most of the time, that person needs to get scried or mech-cleared at some point. One subcategory of "impossible to read" is inactive players. This is AV, Xihirli, Libro, Kish, and to an extent Supagoof?

3) The person is a contentious player whose slot needs to be resolved. A seer being able to show up and settle an important debate lets town not spend the whole day arguing about one person. If taff flips scum, this needs to be Xihirli, since blade is 100% locktown when taff is scum. If taff flips town, Xi or blade are both good choices for the scry.

4) The person is unlikely to be killed in the night. If town scries AV, and wolves kill AV the same night, town has wasted a scry. This is less than ideal. Picking scry targets based on points 1 and 2 runs the risk of a wasted scry, so it can be a good idea to scry more middling players who aren't going to get immediately killed. This is another reason why town!blade is maybe not a great scry target, even if that means we're risking that we live in a wolf!blade world. Admittedly, wolves also have to deal with angel-dodging (baners who know that wolves target dangerous players, and will bane those same players to block the wolf kill).

Unfortunately, the four points above taken together means that good scry targets include: highly active dangerous players, inactive players, and middling players. Which uhhhhhh...is basically everybody? Everybody is a decent scry target?

If I'm picking scry targets, I pick Xihirli. Blade or Xi lets us resolve a contentious slot, blade's slot very well might resolve at EoN or even EoD, Xi is impossible to read at the best of times, and town!Xi isn't going to be at the top of the scum-kill list. Best to get it dealt with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    What is there to glean from a blade death that wolf!Valmark would want to avoid revealing?

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #256

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    3) The person is a contentious player whose slot needs to be resolved. A seer being able to show up and settle an important debate lets town not spend the whole day arguing about one person. If taff flips scum, this needs to be Xihirli, since blade is 100% locktown when taff is scum. If taff flips town, Xi or blade are both good choices for the scry.
    I find it deeply offensive that you can't be bothered to capitalise my name, twice, when you do so for everyone else.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

I find it deeply offensive that you can't be bothered to capitalise my name, twice, when you do so for everyone else.
    Apologies, didn't mean anything by it. >.<

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

If it's any consolation, people usually capitalise my name too much.

19. - Top - End - #259

RedKnightGirl

Apologies, didn't mean anything by it. >.<
    And I should have phrased that less accusingly, I'm sorry.

20. - Top - End - #260

None of this would have held up in court in the before times. Sure, the courts weren't perfect but there was some semblance of a system.

The accused voting for each other? Great, because the Wolf among us (or Wolves, god forbid) have a say. The trusted in our group not acting as an objective jury (so far as they were ever objective). I know that we still have other work to get done but this is no way to find the guilty.

And after this, what? Successful or not, we send them out for supply runs? I don't want to risk our own either but the innocents among them won't be safe.

It turns out that their group decided that it was Taffimai who was most likely to be a Wolf. I can't say I agreed with the decision, but before I could say anything the mob of these people were pushing Taff toward the door. Someone pushed her out and another slammed it shut, bolting it closed. I'm not sure who started it, but a few of them in the mob started shouting, drawing the zombies toward us. I heard banging on the door. First, with Taff's shouts proclaiming her innocence and loyalty to us. Then silence. Then the dead banging against the metal.

We checked her room. The Werewolves always leave behind something, even if they know they're about to die. To instill fear of the rest of their group.

Her room was clean. Taffamai was Village.

- Annaleigh Chan (Lawyer)

Votes:

Taffimai: AvatarVecna, Bladescape, Lady Serpentine, BatCatHat, Snowblaze, Flat_Footed, gac3
    Bladescape: Kish, Taffimai, Supagoof, Xihirli, Valmark
    Kish: Libro
    Book Wombat: Book Wombat

(Note: Just confirming that at the end of Day I'll be showing a vote count as above and revealing who was lynched, but not putting a total/not revealing if anyone's vote counted double.

So, no more talking here. I'll be adding people to their chosen Night locations in the next hour or so (ideally sooner, but stuff comes up). Night will be longer than 24 hours so that I can get it back to a more convenient update time.

Night 1 begins now and ends... Thursday January 27th at 10:00 PM EST

21. - Top - End - #261

I must say, I never expected to be using my degree quite like this...

The profile of these "Werewolves" is... disturbing, to say the least. It seems that they thrive off of discord and revel in the idea that they are truly living, acting out of desire rather than beholden to a society. For the sake of our society I pray we put a stop to them.

Unfortunately, after the mob ousted Taffamai yesterday I was expecting a death. Thank the lord it wasn't me. But as the group was returning from the Hospital a pack of Zombies was hot on their tail. Two were able to make it back to the Colony safe but we looked out and saw gac3 caught in a hunting trap, somehow left out on the street and armed. We closed the door before they caught him. We've seen enough death at the mouths of zombies. If this was the work of the Wolves, they succeeded in delivering their message: the natural world is cruel and that is how they like it.

But... I can't be sure that was them. Unfortunately, there was another death in the Night, at another location. As the story goes, Valmark and someone they met - a trucker named Rod were searching the grocery store for any last items before leaving. Despite having checked every isle before there were new signs warning them. Caution: Wet Floor. They were in every aisle save one: where they kept the grilling supplies. This, ironically, was the isle whose floor was wet, with lighter fluid. They likely heard the click of the lighter before they met their... end.

And, finally, in what may be the most petty act. There was one more killing in the Night. I suppose it doesn't rob us of a pair of hands needed to run the Village. But killing Sparky... this will bring down the morale of the whole group.

Since this all began, we have had a hard time finding medicine. But aside from bandages, anti-septic, and what everyone thinks of... most have overlooked those medications needed for mental health. Those Werewolves surely need mental help. And so will any of us who survive them.

- James Meyers (Psychiatrist)

Deaths:

gac3 - Villager
    Valmark - Villager

Sparky (Stunt Dog)
    Rod Miller (Truck Driver)

You may once again talk in this thread.

Day 2 ends Saturday January 29th at 10:00 PM EST

22. - Top - End - #262
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

gac3 and Kish were with me at the hospital. Who wasn't where they should have been?

We protected Xi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

23. - Top - End - #263

AV/BCH/blade/BW school
    flat_footed/gac/Kish hospital
    Lady Serpentine/Libro/Snowblaze library
    Supagoof/Valmark/Xihirli grocery store.

I can confirm everyone was at the School.

- - - Updated - - -

Grocery Store and Library, feel free to fill us in with who was missing where.

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    gac3 and Kish were with me at the hospital. Who wasn't where they should have been?

We protected Xi.
    Absolutely went to the grocery store, just stopped by the police station first so I could murder Valmark.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

Just woke up for a lil bit. Gut reaction atm is to drop a FoS on Book Wombat. This is not a scry-motivated vote, so please don't take it as such. Will probably explain my thoughts later after a bit more sleep and some food.

My Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #266

Ok, throwing out a theory until we get confirmation from the other rooms:

One of the two rooms with a kill had two wolves and 1 town. Killing the townie masked the missing player. That would put suspicion onto Kish/flat_footed or Supagoof/Xihirli. I know I'm town, so I'll paint suspicion onto Xi and Goof. In the case of wolf!Xi and wolf!Goof hopefully there was a scry of Xi to confirm wolf. If that was the case, I'll immediately throw heavy suspicion onto Goof.
    Show
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Absolutely went to the grocery store, just stopped by the police station first so I could murder Valmark.
    In fact, I think I was there first. Those Wet Floor signs don’t put themselves up and that lighter fluid took awhile to spread like that.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

28. - Top - End - #268

Just woke up for a lil bit. Gut reaction atm is to drop a FoS on Book Wombat. This is not a scry-motivated vote, so please don't take it as such. Will probably explain my thoughts later after a bit more sleep and some food.
    I'm seconding this.

29. - Top - End - #269

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    In fact, I think I was there first. Those Wet Floor signs don’t put themselves up and that lighter fluid took awhile to spread like that.
    Who was there with you and what was the room's result?
    Show
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

...I just wanna do things properly since Xi has fakeclaimed devil as town before. @Supagoof, can you confirm if Xi was at the grocery store with you?

My Homebrew