New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 29 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default (IC) New Bedford by Night: WtF III

Joanna lays down, so she can only hear the door open a Brock gets out of the truck. His footfalls crunching on gravel echo loudly in her large pointed ears. Joanna can feel the man's eyes on her and if she looks up, she can see him standing about a yard away from the lip of the truck bed, staring wide eyed at the wolf-passenger. "Oh what the ****," he growls loudly to himself. Then sternly he points a finger at Joanna and orders, "Go on, get out. Go! Out!" as if he could simply order a wolf like a domesticated house dog.

There is something odd about his smell, but not in the fishy New Bedford sort of way.

"Whoa, whoa, calm down man," Knowlton says when Bear begins speaking without even a hello, "This is Bear with the Anchor Wolves... right?" He sighs when he gets the affirmative from Bear then says, "You sure the Pure are in your territory? ****, you sure; we didn't even get a sniff of them. How long they been there? You said there's three of them? Not a big pack, but the Pure are always trouble. You need backup or something?"

Kara chuckles at Blaze's reply. "The Molotov cocktail trick again? That worked pretty well on that nasty Plague Spirit. Guess we'll have to get a couple six packs of bottled beer then!"
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: (IC) New Bedford by Night: WtF III

Joanna is unaffected by Turner's attempts to shoo her away. Go ahead and drive big man. If you tell them about this no one will ever believe you. She'll make a show of yawning and will settle down with her head on her forelegs as if she was going to take a nap. She'll keep an eye on Turner in case he had a gun or something. Apparently getting shot was only mildly inconvenient now but she wasn't interested in finding out how it felt.

On the mercury, 'It's worth a try. I can't say I know that much about mercury. Don't want the glass breaking while I'm trying to throw it.' Who could say how it might work when they crossed over.

To Jeremy, 'So we throw it and then run like hell. We probably have so much of the stuff now that if we mess up we can always have another go later.'

To Kara, 'And it'd be a shame to waste all that beer.'

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear sighs as his awkwardness gets in the way of things again, "Yeah we're sure. Caught their trail a few days back and now they're staying at the local university. Way too many human eyes for us to confront them there so we're looking for another approach to get them out of our lands. Heh, you should see their totem, absolutely huge hellhound thing. Bane is mercury though, and we snagged a good bit of that stuff."

"Anyways, we're also getting actively attacked by the Idigam's minions. We're handling that pretty easily so far, but our attention is a bit divided at the moment as a result. Perfect timing right?"

"Not asking for backup at the moment. More just giving you a heads up, they may cause trouble for more than just us in the meantime. And well, when we do kick them off our turf they'll probably try to going through yours again. Might want to arrange for a welcoming party at that time."
    Last edited by Daishain; 2022-02-06 at 09:02 AM.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

{Moved}
    Originally Posted by Thundercracker
    "They're plastic, it'll probably bounce off. Maybe we can transfer it to a few glass vials or bottles, that way they'll break easier and we get more than two shots, in case we screw it up," Blaze said.

"Let's hunt this thing down and then go with our spirits and kick those Pure off our territory," Blaze said, "then we can get the fishies to help us figure out what to do about the Idigam."

"And the more we can throw at once, the better our chances of damaging the spirit? I like that plan! Those Pure need to be put in their place, before they start trying to kick US off!" Jeremy says, enthused.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Brock curses loudly stomping one foot when he sees that the wolf in his truck is going nowhere. "Well fine," he says as if Joanna could understand, "I'm gonna go get my shotgun then!" He begins stomping off, and halfway to the house yells out, "Fin! Where's your shotgun? You'll never guess what's in the truck!"

Kara winks back at Joanna, replying with peak sarcasm, "Such a shame!"

Michael Knowton listens intently, but he whistles when Bear mentions the Pure pack's totem. "Be careful," he says sternly, "the Pure can be evil sons of bitches."

When Bear finishes discussing the situation with the Idigam he again speaks up, "If you really are facing an Idigam, you don't want to take **** lightly. There's only been a couple of occurrences of Idigam in the world, as far as I know, and each one of them have been major major problems." He pauses for a moment and then adds, "It honestly sounds like you have two very very dangerous enemies in your territory Bear. You realize that, right?"

He chuckles at Bear's last comment, and replies, "Thanks for the heads up." Then more sternly, "Keep us appraised, and let us know if you want any help."
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Joanna sighs internally and will take the opportunity to look over the gauntlet to see how Fin's house looked like on the other side. If there was something using Brock she'd like to see if she could see what it looked like. Once she has done that she'll retreat to a safe distance. As in outside of easy shotgun range but where she could still observe the pair of them.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear chuckles a bit at the comment about powerful enemies, "You're telling me, part of me's wonderin if this territory is cursed. Still, we found a way with the plague king, we intend to find a way with this too. And if not, well, I'll make sure the rest of my pack can fall back come hell or high water."
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Joanna sighs as she allows her eyes to glaze over. Lupine vision was deficient in many ways compared to a man's, but something immediately catches Joanna's eyes; a strange smudge of heat and light floating in the direction that Brock was traveling, right before she cast her vision across the Gauntlet.

(OOC: Please give me Int + Occult +1)

Mitch chuckles, his voice deep but warm in the way you'd want a father's to be. "****, maybe you're right," he says, "but I have faith in you man. Fight the good fight Bear. The war may be never ending, but that doesn't mean we have to lose. Let me know if the Arrow Heads can be of any service. We're not too far away."

(OOC: Assuming this conversation is ending, what is the pack looking to do now?)
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

Joanna doesn't know what she's expecting to see as she looks across the Gauntlet but she could always ask the others.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    1 success in the ooc

After Bear finishes his phone call, 'Well. At least they answered. I'd hate to think there was somehow enough extra Pure out there that they could just roll over the Arrow Heads on the way here.'

On the Totem, 'If we're going after the big wolf do we need to do any planning?' Joanna asks uncertainly. 'Oakheart and the other two have to sleep sometime so maybe we can catch it alone.'

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

It isn't till the thing is almost out of sight that Joanna begins to realize what she is looking at. Recognition helps give form. It's not one spirit following Brock Turner, no, it's a spirit being birthed from Brock Turner. A red ball of glowing Essence ripping itself out of the man's shadow.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

Joanna assumed that she could deal with the spirit by herself if she had the opportunity. The question was what that would do to Turner. Is that just going to calm him down? Not a bad idea. She'll retreat to a safe distance while remaining visible for whenever Turner came back. No one was that good with a shotgun, but she might as well see if he was willing to take a shot at her in the middle of the day.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Casting her vision back into the world of Flesh, Joana leaps out of the truck bed, and begins trotting down the block. Her ears perk up at the sound of the door opening, and from down the street she watches Brock Turner clomp down the porch steps with shotgun in hand. He is followed by Fin who has an annoyed look on his round flabby face. "You see? There he is... the wolf I told you about." Brock strides over to the truck, staring confidently at the wolf he has incorrectly gendered. Fin says nothing, staring at Joanna with a dubious look on his face. Brock grins, staring proudly, but he makes no attempt to level the weapon or threaten Joanna.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

He? Idiot. At least he didn't call me a dog. As fun as it might be to watch the local police show up to respond to gun fire it was probably better for everyone that Turner had some self control. Having failed at stealth Joanna will slink off and find somewhere out of sight where she could listen to the pair until Turner decided to leave. She'd never yet tried to follow a car by sent alone and assumed it might be difficult. If she failed she could always come back another time. For starters she could bring something to **** up Turner's tires. Compared to the Pure and the Idigam, Turner was small fry, so until she worked out how to deal with him Joanna was content to mess with him a little.

Spoiler
    Show

Stealth to disapear if he follows her
    Dex 2 + Stealth 2 + Urhan 2
    (6d10)[5][7][10][5][8][1](36)
    Any 9 or 10s
    (6d10)[4][3][3][10][2][9](31)

Attempt to track Turner's truck assuming he leaves because I want to know what he's doing in the woods. I assume there's a penalty.
    Wits 3 + Composure 3 + Urhan 4
    (10d10)[5][4][3][9][9][5][10][6][1][5](57)
    Any 10s
    (10d10)[3][4][5][8][3][4][2][5][8][6](48)

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear contemplates the phone in his hand before stuffing it back in a pocket. "Right then. Next order of business. Lets come up with a plan of attack for the totem spirit."

"Also, last calls for an alternative. Something feels off about the presence of this pack, it seems weird both that they're here at all and that they showed restraint towards us earlier. I think they're here for something specific and its not us."

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Daishain View Post
    Bear contemplates the phone in his hand before stuffing it back in a pocket. "Right then. Next order of business. Lets come up with a plan of attack for the totem spirit."

'Unless the mercury works really well or really quickly I don't think we want to have to deal with the big wolf and the Pure at the same time. I think we should aim for trying something in the middle of the night or the early morning when they might be asleep or in town. Even if they're got some way of knowing we're there it doesn't mean they'll be able to get back quick enough.' Who knows what the Pure might be capable of if they had their own Ithaeur. 'It'll be hard to be sneaky if we're going through the college library again. Could we find another locus? Or cross here even?'

Quote Originally Posted by Daishain View Post
    "Also, last calls for an alternative. Something feels off about the presence of this pack, it seems weird both that they're here at all and that they showed restraint towards us earlier. I think they're here for something specific and its not us."
    'Oakheart's an Oceanography Professor. We're dealing with a fish god and she chooses to come here now. Can't be a coincidence. Maybe she wants to talk to it.'

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Blaze

“It doesn’t matter, they’re in our territory, we offered to talk and they threatened to kill us,” Blaze said, “the easiest way is to go on a hunt, cross over here, and travel by Gauntlet to wipe out their spirit first. Then we can drive them off easier. We should see which spirits we can convince to come with us, too.”
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

Joanna shrugs, 'It might matter if more of them are going to show up at some point. But I get that Oak doesn't want to talk to us. Maybe if we can get Corey Allen alone. He might be the least crazy of the three.'

On getting spirit allies, 'If you think they'll help. Maybe they'd want the big wolf out of the way just on principle.'

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear nods, "Early in the morning sometime would likely work well. Need to get this handled sooner rather than later, I really do not want to be trying to defend our turf on two fronts."

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"It's just some ****ing dog," Fin says coldly, staring at Joanna sideways with his wide fishy eyes. He shrugs, ignoring the evil look Brock is giving his cousin and turns to head inside. The slumped bus driver takes about three steps before stopping. Half turning, and half speaking over his neckless shoulder, Fin says, "And what the hell were you doing with my truck anyways." His feet shuffle as he turns fully around to glare at Brock, who still holding the shotgun, stares back at him with equal venom.

The stare down ends after a long moment when Fin shuffles around to the side of the car. The man is short and hunched, and has to push onto his tiptoes to see into the truck. With equal parts alarm and anger Fin yells at his cousin, "You were trying to hot wire my truck? God Damn It!" He begins to open the door, cussing, and leans across the passenger seat to begin fiddling with the tampered dashboard.

But Fin's rage distracts him from Brock's footsteps as he comes around the side car. Joanna watches with horror as Turner levels the shotgun, and silences Fin's stream of explatives with the roaring blast of the weapon discharging.

If Joanna casts her vision into the Shadow, she can see the steady stream of lesser anger and murder spirits prying themselves out of the spot where Brock Turner stands.

"God damn idiot," Turner says shaking his head, without a hint of remorse.

Kara nods her head listening to the conversation in it's entirety, but adds, "We should probably consult with Reveler about all this. We'll want its help in battling their totem and may have some insights we don't have anyways." It was well known amongst the elder pack members that Kara had one of the strongest connections with the Pack Totem, and had taken well to its more hedonistic influence.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

Joanna can only roll her eyes at the dog comment before the shotgun going off puts all that out of her mind. What the hell should she do about this? She knew this wasn't the first person that Turner had killed but she was hesistant to just put him down. She didn't remember it clearly but she had already killed people during her first change and wasn't in a hurry to repeat the experience. Still she couldn't let this stand, even if the local police bothered to do something about this. **** it.

From behind the cover provided by whatever vehicles are parked on the road Joanna will take the time to switch to Urshul. She'll try to keep an eye on Turner while she was changing as he was presumably going to get Fin's keys. She didn't particularly want to kill him but anything short of that was only fair.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Going to try and regain some willpower with Monster. Going to try surprise him with this but that might not be possible given the size of Urshul

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Blaze

“Yeah, and king sky hunter, though that one will want something in exchange for helping us,” Blaze said.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

"What has King Sky Hunter wanted in the past?" Jeremy asks, as they make plans and prepare for their own little war.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GKnightBC View Post
    "What has King Sky Hunter wanted in the past?" Jeremy asks, as they make plans and prepare for their own little war.
    “We assured him hunting rights in this area and geomancied the locus to be tasty for him,” Blaze replied, “not sure what he’ll want this time.”
    TC for short

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Joanna is able to remain hidden as her body tears itself apart and reshapes itself. As she shifts closer to war form, she can feel the desire for revenge growing within her. Despite her rational brain, she can feel the wild impulse in her to tear Brock Turner limb from limb, and can feel her mouth salivating at the possible chance to taste his flesh!

(OOC: What is Joanna's trigger again?)
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

Killing Turner would be so easy in this form. He was no threat to her, he was prey and probably deserved to be treated as such. However he had got like this, it might be better for everyone if she ended this now. Still, she could still remember waking up with the taste of someone else's blood in her mouth and she's just about rational enough to want to avoid crossing that line again.

Joanna will use any of the other parked vehicles on the street to cover her approach but she'll let out a low growl that could come from no simple dog as she gets closer. There was really no point in hiding but she wanted to draw this out. Let him hear that something larger then him was out here before she revealed herself.

Spoiler
    Show

Going to see if I can scare him for the Willpower. If she gets noticed anyway I suppose Turner has to deal with Lunacy

Dex 2 + Stealth 2 + Urshul 2
    (6d10)[8][1][6][8][7][6](36)
    Any 9 or 10s
    (6d10)[10][1][9][8][9][7](44)

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Slowly, Jen begins to stalk her prey, muscles tensed as she hunches low and pads down the block sticking to the shadows. She can feel her fur going on end, her ears and tail pulling back as she growls low and slow, the threat vibrating from deep within her throat.

(OOC: Jen stays hidden, can I please have you roll Presence + Intimidation)
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    “We assured him hunting rights in this area and geomancied the locus to be tasty for him,” Blaze replied, “not sure what he’ll want this time.”
    'Mice spirits? Though I wouldn't want to imply that he couldn't do his own hunting.'

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haval View Post
    'Mice spirits? Though I wouldn't want to imply that he couldn't do his own hunting.'
    “Probably best to ask him,” Blaze said, “we can try to convince him it’s a worthy foe.”
    TC for short

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    “Probably best to ask him,” Blaze said, “we can try to convince him it’s a worthy foe.”
    Blaze knows that King Sky Hunter is a proud spirit of hunting, and would probably not take kindly to being offered "free food"

Joanna's growl ripples across the dark yard. She would scare this crazed murderous offense of a man if she could. She paws closer, still out of sight. But to her frustration, she hears the clicking of Brock Turner racking the shotgun. Under his breath, in almost drunken slurred words she hears him say, "Come on ya son of a bitch! Come on."
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear nods, "Lets get Reveler in on this. Though I'm sure they've been listening."