New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: (IC) New Bedford by Night: WtF III

Quote Originally Posted by GKnightBC View Post
    "True enough," Jeremy Agrees, "but her students are all young. I doubt they could resist a chance to party, especially if a lot of students have them set up tonight. We may have only one or two defenders at their lair. We'll have to see when we get there."
    Joanna shrugs, 'There's bound to be more Pure then just the ones we've seen. But maybe if there's one place they can't try to kill us its in the middle of a house party full of witnesses.'

After telling Chaz that she'd found the lead she'd been looking for she will text Bear. The roommate didn't pan out, but I may have their address. Do you want to come take a look?

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear responds after a little while, "Yep, I'll be there."
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

3. - Top - End - #393
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    The address/area the girls give Joanna is about a ten minute walk from the edge of campus, though this dorm made it closer to a fifteen-twenty minute walk. When she gets the chance to ask Chaz, she'll be able to identify that the location is about two blocks away from the house party that the students were planning on attending.

(OOC: Otherwise seems like the two characters are still discussing)

Kara gives Blaze a concerned glance. "We definitely should go check out the lair of the Idigam... but it might be dangerous. Don't you think that's something we should bring the rest of the pack along for as well?" She removes her phone to reveal the spirit Atant, saying, "I can text Bear and the others if you want."

The black mirrored screen speaks in Kara's voice and says, "Oh hi Blaze. I would be happy to help!"
    “Yeah, would be ideal,” Blaze said, “go ahead, we’ve gotta meet everyone, see what’s been going on and what they think.”
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Daishain View Post
    Bear responds after a little while, "Yep, I'll be there."
    Just in case he needed it Joanna will text Bear the address once she has it.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Joanna, Jeremy and Bear regroup, deciding to drive off campus to the area where the house party is supposed to be and the house where Cory Allen had been seen. Parking on the block between the two areas, the trio can already taste the smell of the Pure. It wasn't just Cory that was here, the musk of the other two Pure Uratha also hung heavy in the air, detectable even with the windows up. But if the Anchor Wolves could smell the Pure, the inverse might also be possible.

As they pull into a parking spot, they get a text from Kara, sent to a group chat that involves all Uratha pack members, including Blaze. The text reads, "Thinking of going out with the Deep Sea Spirits ASAP. Gotta get it done by tomorrow morning or they are bouncing. You got time now?"
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

6. - Top - End - #396
    Titan in the Playground

Joanna, Jeremy and Bear regroup, deciding to drive off campus to the area where the house party is supposed to be and the house where Cory Allen had been seen. Parking on the block between the two areas, the trio can already taste the smell of the Pure. It wasn't just Cory that was here, the musk of the other two Pure Uratha also hung heavy in the air, detectable even with the windows up. But if the Anchor Wolves could smell the Pure, the inverse might also be possible.

As they pull into a parking spot, they get a text from Kara, sent to a group chat that involves all Uratha pack members, including Blaze. The text reads, "Thinking of going out with the Deep Sea Spirits ASAP. Gotta get it done by tomorrow morning or they are bouncing. You got time now?"
    “Also, we found out a spot in the Hisil where our dear professor observes the sea, alone,” Blaze texted, “we should talk. Where are you guys?”
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ettin in the Playground

Joanna is thankful that she can't smell any members of the Pure that they didn't already know about. To the more experienced Uratha, 'I had some thought of waiting till they were away before I tried breaking in. I don't suppose you guys know how to stop someone like us knowing we're here by the smell?'

She'll pause to text. To Kara, 'I suppose we did promise. How dangerous do you think this is going to be? Like, the type of dangerous that needs all of us together just in case?'

To Blaze, 'We found out our friends address. Not sure what we can do about it yet though.' On Oakheart, 'She's alone? Then what the hell is she looking at? '

8. - Top - End - #398
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haval View Post
    Joanna is thankful that she can't smell any members of the Pure that they didn't already know about. To the more experienced Uratha, 'I had some thought of waiting till they were away before I tried breaking in. I don't suppose you guys know how to stop someone like us knowing we're here by the smell?'

She'll pause to text. To Kara, 'I suppose we did promise. How dangerous do you think this is going to be? Like, the type of dangerous that needs all of us together just in case?'

To Blaze, 'We found out our friends address. Not sure what we can do about it yet though.' On Oakheart, 'She's alone? Then what the hell is she looking at? '
    "she comes to study the spirit ocean, man, think about it."
    TC for short

9. - Top - End - #399
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Kara's reply (again visible to the entire group) simply reads, "I mean, checking out the Idigam's lair? If we are lucky, nothing happens.. but if we are not..."
    Show

10. - Top - End - #400
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Jeremy types rapidly into the chat "Keeping our promise to them is more important and urgent than Pure, IMO. No deadline for Pure - deadline for DSS. Simple choice."

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ettin in the Playground

'Maybe it's different if you know what to look for. Apparently Oakheart's even more of a wizard then Blaze is.'

After Jeremy had added his text. 'Fair. No point in pissing them off. I suppose we'll come find you guys.'

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear nods at those with him, "Agreed, as much as I want to end this incursion this doesn't seem the time. Lets get back."
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-

13. - Top - End - #403
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

It takes a little under forty five minutes for Bear and the pups to get back to warehouse, crossing over at the dockside monolith. On the other side of the Gauntlet they meet Kara and Blaze. The howling wind and rain have abated by then, dying to little more than foggy mist that hangs over The Shadow. Most of the lesser spirits that usually flock to the Loci have given the area a wide berth, thanks to the present of the awaiting Uratha. The waters have even calmed slightly, fingers of waves gently coming to kiss the shore.

When the rest of the pack arrives, Kara steps forward to greet them. "Sorry to call you guys out here so quick," she says with a smile, "we just figured it was better to get this over with, and the Deep Sea Spirits put up a whole stink about getting it done ASAP or they were outtie."
    Show

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ettin in the Playground

When the rest of the pack arrives, Kara steps forward to greet them. "Sorry to call you guys out here so quick," she says with a smile, "we just figured it was better to get this over with, and the Deep Sea Spirits put up a whole stink about getting it done ASAP or they were outtie."
    'And I was going to go to a house party later.' Joanna grins. 'But at least we know where the Pure sleep now.' She'll look towards the waves, 'How wet should I expect to get here?'

15. - Top - End - #405
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Feeling a surge of energy as he re-enters the Shadow as his link to the Reveler asserts itself, Jeremy kneels down at the water's edge and runs his fingers slowly through it's semi-real substance. "If this takes too long, we'll see if we can resurrect the party again, if needed. That ersatz professor needs to be leashed but it doesn't have to happen immediately. Let's help our allies however we need to."

16. - Top - End - #406
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Kara nods her head at Joanna's question and replies, "That's a good question. We were kind of discussing how we might... navigate the bay... as we don't really have a boat. Blaze, we had mentioned calling Pequod?"
    Show

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ettin in the Playground

Kara nods her head at Joanna's question and replies, "That's a good question. We were kind of discussing how we might... navigate the bay... as we don't really have a boat. Blaze, we had mentioned calling Pequod?"
    'If you'll think he'll help us. I was assuming wherever we're going was on the bottom of the occean so to speak.' For all Joanna knew things worked differently over here.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Kara shrugs and says, "Well, we freed him at least... so that's something," though she doesn't sound too confident in the suggestion. Again, she turns to Blaze awaiting the Ithauer's input.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #409
    Titan in the Playground

'If you'll think he'll help us. I was assuming wherever we're going was on the bottom of the occean so to speak.' For all Joanna knew things worked differently over here.
    “We’d have to offer a suitable gathra… and, well, hope he doesn’t attack us,” Blaze said, “but I can’t really think of another spirit we know who could help us get there. We could try a random one but that might be worse.”
    TC for short

20. - Top - End - #410
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    “We’d have to offer a suitable gathra… and, well, hope he doesn’t attack us,” Blaze said, “but I can’t really think of another spirit we know who could help us get there. We could try a random one but that might be worse.”
    'Let's not go making any more deals that someone might be mad at us later if we don't follow through. How do we find Pequod anyway?'

21. - Top - End - #411
    Titan in the Playground

'Let's not go making any more deals that someone might be mad at us later if we don't follow through. How do we find Pequod anyway?'
    “We know his name so we can use a ritual to call him,” Blaze replied, “deals are how things get done with spirits. None of them are gonna help us do anything without something in exchange.”
    TC for short

22. - Top - End - #412
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Kara shrugs, and asks earnestly, "Anyone have a better idea? I suppose we could try to like swim with or ride the Deep Sea Spirits... if they'd even let us... I just kinda feel like that's a good way for us to get drowned."
    Show

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ettin in the Playground

Kara shrugs, and asks earnestly, "Anyone have a better idea? I suppose we could try to like swim with or ride the Deep Sea Spirits... if they'd even let us... I just kinda feel like that's a good way for us to get drowned."
    'That's what I'm thinking.' Joanna replied looking out into the occean. 'Unless no one actually drowns over here, but that seems a little too Disney to be believable. On the other hand, the Deep Sea Spirits can survive up here, so maybe it works the same way in reverse. Anyone want to try swimming to see what it's like?'

24. - Top - End - #414
    Titan in the Playground

"I kinda wanna see how ol' Peaquod is doing, to be honest," Blaze said, "maybe we can do right by him after forgetting about him and causing him to go partially insane."
    TC for short

25. - Top - End - #415
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Kara looks to Bear, and then to the others before say, "Well then... unless anyone has any objections, let's do it. Blaze, what do we need?"

(OOC: So Shadow Call is technically a contested extended action with a goal of 20 successes. However, I don't think anything will be gained by making everyone wait around to roll over and over again. TC please describe how Blaze would perform this rite, and make a roll associated with the action. Your number of successes will determine how long it takes to summon Pequad)
    Show

26. - Top - End - #416
    Titan in the Playground

Kara looks to Bear, and then to the others before say, "Well then... unless anyone has any objections, let's do it. Blaze, what do we need?"

(OOC: So Shadow Call is technically a contested extended action with a goal of 20 successes. However, I don't think anything will be gained by making everyone wait around to roll over and over again. TC please describe how Blaze would perform this rite, and make a roll associated with the action. Your number of successes will determine how long it takes to summon Pequad)
    Blaze

“Alright, Pequod’s an old whaling ship spirit, so we’re gonna summon him with callbacks to what he does best. We’re gonna need some old whaling instruments, harpoons and sail and stuff, and then we’re gonna play, and incorporate the instruments as actual instruments, but we gotta make it sound, like.. whaley, with the guitars and distortion and stuff. We also should think about what we’re gonna give him. Supplication ritual might help…”

Spoiler
    Show
    rolling now to save time: (9d10)[4][4][4][5][1][3][8][9][1](39)

9 again: (9d10)[4][7][4][10][10][8][10][3][2](58)
    TC for short

27. - Top - End - #417
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Okay, so I'm seeing this then as a Presence + Performance roll, so with Blaze's specialty, that would be 8d10 yielding 2 successes from TC's roll.

The group heads back across the gauntlet to gather their instruments, before returning to the Shadow. In the Hisil, the once solid objects seem to shimmer and glow with their own strange internal light. Fortunately, the Shadow reflection of the old Cannary is that of an ancient and massive shipyard, where Pequod was once "kept". There they are able to gather old sails and oars and harpoons for their ritual. The entire act takes a little over thirty minutes, and by the time the band is playing, the red glowing eyeball of the sun is on its way to finish setting.

The band plays, following Blaze's lead. The rhythmic pulse of his drums sets the pace like that on some ancient Roman warship, the band improvising fills like the crashing of waves and the gusts of an angry storm.

As the band plays, Pequod begins shimmer into existence; a massive 19th century whaling ship, now moored on the rocky beach. The wooden planks of Pequod's hull are marred with skeletal yellowed barnacles and chitinous protrusions that seem to grow on the spirit like some unreal cancer. At the bow of the ship looms the figurehead of whaler, like Captain Ahab carved of wood. In one hand the figurehead clutches a spiked harpoon, and its bearded face is twisted in an ugly scowl.

"What? No! How did I get hear?" The voice seems to come from the figurehead, though its mouth never moves. Somehow though, each of the Uratha can feel the sculpture's eyes glaring down at them. Then the whaler's head swivels, the wood suddenly pliable like clay. "Uratha," Pequod hisses, "what have you done? Why have you brought me back? I will no longer be your watchdog, I swear it!"
    Show

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear raises a hand to call the angry one's attention to himself, "Calm yourself sea hunter. We have no intention of binding you. We wished first to be certain of your wellbeing, and second to see if you were willing to barter favors. There is a task to which you in particular are very well suited."

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ettin in the Playground

Joanna is entertained by the sight of her bass in the Hisil and will wonder aloud at whether she could bring it back like this. She isn't entirely sure how to make her playing sound 'whaley' but will do her best to follow Blaze's direction.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Pequod sneers at Bear's remarks, the face of the wooden figurehead taking on a ghoulish expression. "Be certain of my wellbeing? How very kind of you Uratha," the spirit replies. The hull of the ship groans and whines with the movement of the figurehead's gestures. It beats its harpoon against its chest and adds, "Well I assure you... Bear, isn't it, that I am well. In fact, since you released me I have never been better." When the spirit pauses, it casts its gaze over the assembled Werewolves, raising an eyebrow with curiosity. It extends its harpoon out in a sweeping gesture towards the pack, "Well, am I wrong, or has the ranks of your packs shifted since you freed me?"
    Show