New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: (IC) New Bedford by Night: WtF III

Blaze snags the spawn with his claws and attempts to rip it apart.
    Spoiler
    Show
    grapple: str + brawl: (6d10)[2][8][9][9][9][8](45)
    10 again: (6d10)[5][2][5][8][8][3](31)
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

2. - Top - End - #482
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Hooking claws deep into his prey, Jeremy tries to ensure this one spirit becomes one with the waters.

Spoiler: Grapple contest
    Show

STR+Brawl+Gauru (5d10)[9][4][2][8][3](26) Tens? [rollv]5d109/rollv]

3. - Top - End - #483
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Blaze manages to dig his claws on one hand deep into the abdomen of the already wounded spawn. His fingers sink down to the knuckles in warm viscera, particularly appealing against the cold sea water. The thing moans, until his second set of claws pierce the thing's neck, this hand turned palm up. Pulling in both directions, its head comes away at the neck, its mandible crunching against the roof of its mouth. Black ichor pours over across Blaze's face from the remaining beats of the thing's heart, as he extracts both hands, allowing its limp body to begin its inevitable descent to the bottom of the ocean.

Joanna attempts to swim her arms around the struggling creature, as she keeps her jaws locked around its side. The thing's flesh is slimy scales, and it squirms against her efforts, twisting around Joanna to bring its own bite down on her biceps. Its needle teeth find purchase through the thick fur, piercing skin. But the sting of its bite is too red hot, burning with an acidity that seems to stretch up and down Joanna's arm. Something has infected her, something filthy spreading deep into her blood stream.

(OOC: Joanna takes 2L damage from the contested roll. Since this is a grapple the thing is able to use its 2 dot toxic bite. Being Uratha, this drops it down to a 1 dot, taking the Moderate Poisoned tilt)

Jeremy thrashes at one of the nearby spawn, but is unable to land a meaningful blow. For a second its lips pull across its almost crocodile snout in what looks like a mocking smile.

(OOC: After defense of 6, this is a miss)

(Top of the order. All lethal damage for those in Gauru healed. Clock ticks down again. Don't forget you can shift up or down, your turn at any time, otherwise things WILL get dicey... see clock)

Both Kara and Jeremy find themselves beset with a swarm of the abhuman creatures. Jeremy is able to swing to and fro, thrashing about in a manner that keeps the surrounding spawn from being able to close on him. Kara on the other hand is not so lucky. One of the nearby monsters rakes its claws across Kara's neck. She lifts her head and for one moment utters a choked, guttural howl, before falling limp in the water. But rather than sinking, two of the spawn grab her, one by each arm, and begin carrying her head above the water, away towards the island at a worrying speed.

(OOC: Kara takes 2L filling her health boxes. I should have shifted her to Gauru first, bad playing on my part. She is now unconscious. Also, remember that while in Gauru you must spend each turn attacking a nearby opponent.)

Bear, still in war-form, is too busy slashing down foes to notice what has happened to Kara. His claws find another of the scaly creatures, ripping its throat out with a single swipe. Meat and blood and windpipe spill into the waters around Bear.

(OOC: There are now two Spawn with Kara, one grappling with Joanna, and two "free swimming". Back to Blaze)
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

4. - Top - End - #484
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    Blaze manages to dig his claws on one hand deep into the abdomen of the already wounded spawn. His fingers sink down to the knuckles in warm viscera, particularly appealing against the cold sea water. The thing moans, until his second set of claws pierce the thing's neck, this hand turned palm up. Pulling in both directions, its head comes away at the neck, its mandible crunching against the roof of its mouth. Black ichor pours over across Blaze's face from the remaining beats of the thing's heart, as he extracts both hands, allowing its limp body to begin its inevitable descent to the bottom of the ocean.

Joanna attempts to swim her arms around the struggling creature, as she keeps her jaws locked around its side. The thing's flesh is slimy scales, and it squirms against her efforts, twisting around Joanna to bring its own bite down on her biceps. Its needle teeth find purchase through the thick fur, piercing skin. But the sting of its bite is too red hot, burning with an acidity that seems to stretch up and down Joanna's arm. Something has infected her, something filthy spreading deep into her blood stream.

(OOC: Joanna takes 2L damage from the contested roll. Since this is a grapple the thing is able to use its 2 dot toxic bite. Being Uratha, this drops it down to a 1 dot, taking the Moderate Poisoned tilt)

Jeremy thrashes at one of the nearby spawn, but is unable to land a meaningful blow. For a second its lips pull across its almost crocodile snout in what looks like a mocking smile.

(OOC: After defense of 6, this is a miss)

(Top of the order. All lethal damage for those in Gauru healed. Clock ticks down again. Don't forget you can shift up or down, your turn at any time, otherwise things WILL get dicey... see clock)

Both Kara and Jeremy find themselves beset with a swarm of the abhuman creatures. Jeremy is able to swing to and fro, thrashing about in a manner that keeps the surrounding spawn from being able to close on him. Kara on the other hand is not so lucky. One of the nearby monsters rakes its claws across Kara's neck. She lifts her head and for one moment utters a choked, guttural howl, before falling limp in the water. But rather than sinking, two of the spawn grab her, one by each arm, and begin carrying her head above the water, away towards the island at a worrying speed.

(OOC: Kara takes 2L filling her health boxes. I should have shifted her to Gauru first, bad playing on my part. She is now unconscious. Also, remember that while in Gauru you must spend each turn attacking a nearby opponent.)

Bear, still in war-form, is too busy slashing down foes to notice what has happened to Kara. His claws find another of the scaly creatures, ripping its throat out with a single swipe. Meat and blood and windpipe spill into the waters around Bear.

(OOC: There are now two Spawn with Kara, one grappling with Joanna, and two "free swimming". Back to Blaze)
    Blaze roars as Kara is taken, and charges after her, shifting into Urshul form as he goes.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Strength +2, Dexterity +2, Stamina +2, Manipulation –1, Size +1, Species speed factor +3 (Health +3,
    Initiative +2, Speed +7)
    spend an essence to shift and move at the same time, charge one of the spawn hauling Kara, aiming to inflict a bite wrack and slow them down.
    (5d10)[4][5][10][5][4](28)
    10 again: (5d10)[2][10][6][1][7](26)
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

5. - Top - End - #485
    Ettin in the Playground

Joanna maintains just enough presence of mind to register the howl that Kara makes, and that is enough to move her away from the rage. She will let her prey go and go after one of the creatures that was attacking Kara instead. Maybe if they worked together they might actually make it through this.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Let me know if any of this doesn't work?

Using Closer then you thought (p.26) to get closer to one of the creatures attacking Kara

Spend Essance to shift down to Urshal

Spending another Essance to use Eviscerate (p.120) to make the attack rote. Target has to be surprised so would be a judgement call if it's legal.

Str 2 + Brawl 1 + Urshal 2
    (5d10)[1][6][6][6][1](20)
    Rote action to reroll any non 8-10s
    (5d10)[8][10][10][4][3](35)
    Any 10s
    (5d10)[3][4][8][1][2](18)

6. - Top - End - #486
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Jeremy, upon seeing Kara's capture and move, shifts into the faster Urshul form, paddling through the water to get her back! Once he reaches the foes, he grabs her and shifts up against them, his larger form smashing them away from her floating body.
    Spoiler: Attempted grapple
    Show

Spending one Essence for the shape shift, then going through the water at speed 17. Fleet of Foot (2 dots, page 111) may apply against those he's chasing. Tactical Shifting (pg 110), if possible and needed, to gain an additional +5 speed. Otherwise he will use Tactical Shifting - Broaden once next to the kidnappers to Bash them away.
    Rolling dice for any need:(5d10)[8][9][2][7][7](33) Tens? (5d10)[8][2][2][6][3](21)

7. - Top - End - #487
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Not even the pain of shifting distracts Blaze from his anger at seeing Kara downed and captured. His shoulders and hips twist around the side of his body as he transforms from the massive bipedal wolf-monster to a wolf of impossible size. The ocean rocks against Blaze and waves crash against him as he chases down the two fleeing abhumans who have captured Kara. Salt water crashes into his panting mouth, and matte his long fur against his eyes as he struggles. Catching up with the two, he lashes out with an attack that is easily avoided.

(OOC: Blaze is Harmony 6 and thus it does not cost any Essence to shift reflexively... I cannot find any rules that state that you lose the ability to move when you shift. After applying defense, Blaze has a chance dice that fails. Don't forget that you can do all out attacks and of course spend WP, in the future.)

The clouds pass just for a second over the moon, casting the Shadow Ocean into sudden darkness. Just as suddenly, the clouds pass, and Joanna as well falls upon the captors of her packmate. She targets the same foe that Blaze was harrying, but as she gets close, the thing kicks out with a long webbed foot. There is a loud "plunk" as a gout of water shoots straight into Joanna's face. Salt water stings her eyes and nose and suddenly she is disconnected from her most important senses.

As she struggles to regain clear her eyes and nose, huffing loudly, she can feel the poison that had leached into her blood slowly sapping her of her energy, slowing her heartbeat.

(OOC: Joanna's Harmony only allows her to spend one Essence per turn. She uses this to shift, since her roll wouldn't let her use Eviscerate anyways. She is down to 7 Essence. The Spawn's defense drops to 5, but still knocks Kara's attack down to a chance dice, and her first dice is a 1! She takes a dramatic failure and gains a beat. She also takes the Blinded Tilt for one turn. She takes 1 bashing as part of being moderately poisoned.)
    Show

8. - Top - End - #488
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Jeremy as well is forced to downshift, fleeing the building force of the rage that was building pressure inside his head. He too takes the form of a massive Dire Wolf, and moving far faster than his size would bely, is on the Spawn who had captured Kara within moments. With a growl rumbling deep in his throat, he wraps his jaws around one of the Spawn's shoulders, feeling the crack of a rib bone or maybe a clavicle.

(OOC: Jeremy gets one success for his bite, causing 3 lethal damage. He is allowed to initiate a grapple with this if he likes)

Almost immediately following the pack's rallying around Kara, the remaining Spawn circle in. Joanna finds herself fending off several attackers, still struggling to regain her senses. Her fumbling and splashing around keeps one of the Spawn at bay (though Joanna may not actually be aware of it), but a second Spawn falls on her, tearing its claws into her flank. Red blood spills into black water.

(OOC: Joanna has no defense with both eyes blinded for the round. The first Spawn rolls 0 successes, the second does 3L)

Bear's reckless abandon leaves him open to an attack from one of the few Spawn that has stayed engaged with him. The thing's claws barely pierce his wild pelt and thickened skin.

(OOC: Bear takes 2L)

The two Spawn who have Kara hostage both lash out a Blaze. He is able to keep the first one off of him, but takes a drag of spiny webbed claws across his muzzle.

(Blaze takes 2L)

Bear tears into the Spawn that had offended him. With claws the size of a chef's knife, he shreds into turned shoulder of the thing as it tries to protect its vital organs. There is the cracking of bones as Bear throws all his weight and all his anger into the blow, and the thing shrieks in pain, the sound coming out like the noise of a dying frog.

(OOC: Blaze deals 5L in one turn)

We are back to Blaze.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #489
    Titan in the Playground

Blaze attempts to shrug off the pain of his injuries and continues to bite at the same fish-thing he attacked previously, desperately attempting to gain purchase:
    Spoiler
    Show

Expending a willpower here: (8d10)[8][6][2][7][8][6][6][3](46)
    10 again: (8d10)[10][6][1][4][5][7][10][1](44)
    TC for short

10. - Top - End - #490
    Ettin in the Playground

Joanna will do her best to swim away from the creature she had tried to attack and will try to shake the water out of her eyes. If anything felt like it was getting too close she'll try to veer out of it's way.

Spoiler
    Show

Defence 3 x 2
    (6d10)[3][5][4][1][8][7](28)

11. - Top - End - #491
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Continuing his assault on the spirit-being he had bit, Jeremy grabs it within his arms, trying to tear out something important.
    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

Grapple STR+Ath (2) + form 2 [rollv]4d10[/rollv] Tens [rollv]4d10[/rollv]
    Last edited by GKnightBC; 2023-04-21 at 04:53 PM.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by GKnightBC View Post
    Continuing his assault on the spirit-being he had bit, Jeremy grabs it within his arms, trying to tear out something important.
    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

Grapple STR+Ath (2) + form 2 (4d10)[10][7][1][2](20) Tens (4d10)[1][3][9][2](15)
    (4d10)[2][10][10][8](30) Tens (4d10)[4][2][3][5](14)
    OOC - sorry ignore this. It didn't show the rolls the first time, so I re posted
    Last edited by GKnightBC; 2023-04-21 at 04:54 PM.

13. - Top - End - #493
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Blaze lunges forward again, attacking the creature held by Jeremy's bite, and this time is able to sink his long canines into the forearm of abomination as it tries to defend itself letting go of Kara. The thing shrieks in pain and terror. There is a loud snap as the thing's hand wrist snaps completely, and blood gushes into Blaze's mouth and around his snout, and into the dark waters. The spawn struggles in pain for a moment, unable to escape the jaws of the two dire wolves that were attacking it. It flails and moans for a moment or two longer before bleeding out and going limp.

(OOC: Assume not causing a grapple unless you say otherwise. Blaze does 3L and takes this one out of combat. There are now only 4 left, two with significant damage. Blaze is down to 2/4 WP.)

Joanna struggles away from the fray, massive forepaws batting at her eyes in an attempt to clear her vision while still struggling to stay afloat.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2023-04-23 at 04:47 PM.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #494
    Ettin in the Playground

If Joanna is able to get the gunk out of her eyes she'll try to go after one of the creatures while it was distracted dealing with one of her packmates. If she can she'll aim to get a hold of one of it's limbs to stop it moving around.

Show

Str 2 + Brawl 1 + Urhan 2
    -defence
    (5d10)[6][2][3][3][5](19)
    Any 10s
    (5d10)[6][1][1][9][5](22)

Aiming to inflict Leg Wrack to mess up it's Defence

15. - Top - End - #495
    Titan in the Playground

Blaze spits out the remains of the fish-thing and snarls as he kicks off to bite at the other holding on to Kara, or if that one is already dead, one of the injured ones.

Spoiler
    Show

attack: (5d10)[9][10][7][8][7](41)
    10 again: (5d10)[4][1][9][1][6](21)
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-04-24 at 10:28 PM.
    TC for short

16. - Top - End - #496
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Jeremy, still in Dire Wolf form, lets go of the lifeless body and turns his attention to the second abomination that had captured Kara. He paddles forward to bit at the thing, but can't get close enough.

(OOC: After applying defense, Jeremy has 1 dice dropping his roll to a miss... back to the top of the order.)

Bear finds himself fending off two of the Spawn. Still in Gauru form, he beats back one of the Spawn with an extended arm as thick as a man's torso. The other reaches out a webbed claw and slashes across his extended palm. The flesh peals back into a deep cut, blood spraying and soaking dark fur red. He roars with fury.

(OOC: Bear's defense nullifies the first Spawn's attack. He takes 3L from the second.)

The spawn that still has Kara turns its attention from Jeremy to Blaze. Its scales are the color of mud, its face flat and microcephalic. Large yellow eyes appraise Blaze from below a crown of sparkling gold tangled with seaweed, as it studies him with a wicked grin as it rakes its claws across his flank.

(Blaze takes 2L, bringing him to a total of 4L damage... see character box)

There is the splash of water as one of the Spawn surfaces behind Johanna, who has only just cleared her eyes from the spray. This thing is larger than the others, thick in the chest with a neck full of gills and spindles. It crashes a clawed hand across Joanna's snout before she can defend herself.

(OOC: Joanna's defense knocks it down to 3L. She now has damage in her third rightmost box and takes a further -1 penalty to all rolls)

The pain of the creature's attack almost drives Bear over the edge, having already spent a herculean length of time in The Killing Form. Bear is forced to retreat to Urshul as well, still growling and howling as his bones shift to his will. Targeting the Spawn he had previously wounded, Bear catches its throat in his jaws. The thing utters once last shriek, which dies into breathlessness as he tears its throat out.

(OOC: Bear deals 3L and kills the thing. There are only 3 Spawn left)

Blaze just barely manages to get his fangs around wrist of the crowned Spawn, catching its attacking arm before it can recoil it.

(OOC: Blaze does 3L and can initiate a grapple if he chooses to... this would force the thing to suffer a penalty or let go of Kara)

Joanna is unable to get close enough to the spindly monster to land a solid blow.

It is now Jeremy's turn again
    Show

17. - Top - End - #497
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Jeremy surges through the water, heading to the nearest foe to continue the rout. Angered at the trouble caused by their supposed ally and these...chaff! His bloodlust drives him harder.
    Spoiler: Attacks
    Show

Attack with bite STR+ATH+FORM+WP (7d10)[10][6][1][2][6][2][2](29) Tens? (7d10)[8][8][6][5][7][9][4](47)

18. - Top - End - #498
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

With fangs locked around (and pierced through) the Spawn's sinuous arm, Blaze begins shaking his head side to side. The thing shrieks and croaks with pain, though something in the animal noises is something like the word "No" in English. The violent motion causes the Spawn's arm to bend in the wrong direction at the elbow as tendons and bones snap with the hyperextension. Its round eyes go wide, all black pupil, and then it loses consciousness. As the Spawn goes limp, its grasp on Kara fades, and the Uratha begins to sink under the dark cold waters.

(OOC: Blaze's successful grapple kills the Spawn, giving both Jeremy and Blaze full actions this round)

The last Spawn engaged with Bear thrashes out with a clawed fist, but is unable to make a blow land. Joanna however is not so lucky. The crowned monster lashes out again, catching her under the chin with a webbed hand. The world swims around Joanna as she struggles to maintain consciousness. The cold waters turning her body to ice, numbing her anger and making it oh so easy to slip into oblivion.

(OOC: Bear dodges any real damage. Joanna heals the one bashing damage per Regeneration rules, but takes another 2L from the most recent attack, leaving her with only one box of health unfilled! Don't forget you can spend Essence to heal Lethal damage)

Bear locks his jaws around the struggling creature, long cannines sinking into the meat of its shoulder as he pulls his massive limbs around the thing, forcing it to bare his weight in the water.

(OOC: Bear gets one success, dealing 3L, and forcing a grapple and Arm wracked We are back to Blaze. Uh, don't forget that Kara is starting to sink)
    Show

19. - Top - End - #499
    Ettin in the Playground

After getting punched in the face Joanna will paddle away and try to recover her senses. It would be very bad for her to lose consciousness here. If no one was actually trying to attack her she'll go after Kara and try to stop her sinking any further.

Spoiler
    Show

Spending one essence to heal one lethal damage

Defence 3 x 2
    (6d10)[10][5][2][9][1][4](31)

20. - Top - End - #500
    Titan in the Playground

Seeing that Joanna is already going after Kara, Blaze jumps in with claws and teeth to add numbers against the Spawn Bear is wrestling with.
    Spoiler
    Show

(6d10)[6][1][4][6][3][6](26)
    10 again: (6d10)[6][8][7][2][4][10](37)
    TC for short

21. - Top - End - #501
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Blaze dives in "rescue" Joanna, splashing up cold salt water as he paddled against the rise and fall of waves. He struggles to lunge through the water at the Spawn, but finds his jaws clamping around nothing as the creature dives under the water and his attack.

As Joanna paddles away, she forces her body to knit together open wounds and broken bones. She reaches Kara.

(OOC: Joanna is in Dire wolf form. Is she trying to carry her in her jaws? Wanna give me a Dex + Athletics? Then it will be Jeremy's turn)
    Show

22. - Top - End - #502
    Ettin in the Playground

Joanna will aim to get her jaws around one of Kara's limbs to stop her sinking any further. If neccessary she'll nip her lightly in a bid to wake her up.

Spoiler
    Show

Dex 2 + Athletics 1 + Urshal 2
    (5d10)[10][3][6][1][4](24)
    Any 10s
    (5d10)[6][1][8][3][8](26)

23. - Top - End - #503
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Jeremy moves to help raise Kara from the water's threat, shifting into a smaller, more agile form to move as fast as possible!

24. - Top - End - #504
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Bear keeps his jaws locked around one of the last Spawn, forcing it to struggle in a one-armed grapple. The thing pushes and fights, but can't seem to break free. Instead Bear rakes it over and over with his claws. Dark oily blood oozes from new gashes torn across the thing's scaly flesh.

(OOC: Bear wins the contested grapple with a not so great roll. He will deal damage with his successes)

Blaze suddenly finds himself facing crowned Spawn alone, as Joanna and Jeremy both rush to go rescue Kara from sinking under the choppy water. With an unnaturally long arm, it catches Blaze across the side of the head. Claws tear into his hear and cheek, and for a second Blaze's vision goes fuzzy.

(OOC: Blaze takes 3L for the attack. This brings him up to 7L. He has three boxes empty thanks to his Dire wolf form)

Joanna clutches Kara gently in her jaws as Jeremy joins her in hoisting the unconscious Uratha above the water's edge.

(OOC: I believe it is back to Blaze's turn now. Seems like we are nearing the end of what has been a pretty grueling combat)
    Show

25. - Top - End - #505
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    Bear keeps his jaws locked around one of the last Spawn, forcing it to struggle in a one-armed grapple. The thing pushes and fights, but can't seem to break free. Instead Bear rakes it over and over with his claws. Dark oily blood oozes from new gashes torn across the thing's scaly flesh.

(OOC: Bear wins the contested grapple with a not so great roll. He will deal damage with his successes)

Blaze suddenly finds himself facing crowned Spawn alone, as Joanna and Jeremy both rush to go rescue Kara from sinking under the choppy water. With an unnaturally long arm, it catches Blaze across the side of the head. Claws tear into his hear and cheek, and for a second Blaze's vision goes fuzzy.

(OOC: Blaze takes 3L for the attack. This brings him up to 7L. He has three boxes empty thanks to his Dire wolf form)

Joanna clutches Kara gently in her jaws as Jeremy joins her in hoisting the unconscious Uratha above the water's edge.

(OOC: I believe it is back to Blaze's turn now. Seems like we are nearing the end of what has been a pretty grueling combat)
    Blaze continues the assault, attacking the last remaining Spawn, the one that injured him.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (6d10)[6][10][3][9][5][9](42)
    10 again: (6d10)[1][7][4][6][8][1](27)
    TC for short

26. - Top - End - #506
    Ettin in the Playground

Joanna will try to keep watch for any more of those things coming for her or Kara. If they decided to come from below she would just have to make them pay for it.

27. - Top - End - #507
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Jeremy remains Dalu as he supports Kara recovery above the ersatz water, watching warily for any bold attackers.

28. - Top - End - #508
    Ettin in the Playground

Joanna is unused to communicating like this but will rely on Jeremy to look after the unconscious Kara. Relying on Blaze to distract the Spawn he was fighting, she'll circle around behind the creature and try and take it in the rear.

Show

Conditional rolls to attempt to get a bonus

Stealth to try making the Spawn unaware
    Dex 2 + Stealth 2 + Urshal 2
    (6d10)[7][4][4][6][8][8](37)
    Any 10s
    (6d10)[9][9][6][4][2][2](32)

Eviscerate- spend 1 Essence to turn an attack against an unaware or surprised opponent into a rote action

Str 2 + Brawl 1 + Urshal 2 - Defence 6
    (5d10)[3][1][3][8][3](18)
    Any rerolls for rote action
    (5d10)[7][6][5][3][8](29)
    Any 10s
    (5d10)[9][8][3][1][6](27)

29. - Top - End - #509
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

(OOC: During Blaze's turn he spends a Essence, recovering 1L damage and bringing his Essence pool to 6/10.)

Blaze moves forward, moving with a fury and a surety of a true Uratha, a master hunter, an apex predator. Again he lashes out at the creature, one of the last remaining Spawn. But the thing is slipper. The water is its home. His jaws catch air, his claws meet only water, splashing up black brackish swill.

(OOC: The thing has 6 defense, bringing Blaze's roll to a chance dice).

Joanna dives under the water, her innate Irraka skills in moving undetected taking over. But she is so so wounded. Her legs don't move as smoothly, propel her as far and fast as she needs. When she surfaces, the Spawn is moving out of her way, even managing to avoid the spray of brine and sea water.

(OOC: Creature fails its contested roll. But Joanna takes a -2 modifier due to damage. I suggest, since she can't use Eviscerate, she uses an Essence to heal further.)

Jeremy remains cradling Kara.

The Spawn doesn't even attend to Joanna, continuing to relentlessly press its advantage against Blaze. Another raking blow causes blood to start flowing into one of Blaze's eyes.

(OOC: Blaze takes 3L damage bringing him to just one health box empty. He now also takes -2 to all rolls... and will also likely want to keep healing)

The other Spawn remains locked in combat with Bear, but with one working arm the wounded creature is no match for the Uratha's strength. His jaws close down with one final crunch, killing the Spawn.

(OOC: We are back to Blaze)
    Show

30. - Top - End - #510
    Titan in the Playground

Realizing he is about to pass out, Blaze calls upon his essence to heal his body, and pushes his anger down to withdraw from the nearest Spawn and move towards Bear, and beyond him if possible.

Spoiler
    Show
    heal 1 essence and then dodge:
    (6d10)[1][9][1][1][5][8](25)
    10 again: (6d10)[7][5][1][1][7][5](26)
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-05-15 at 02:26 AM.
    TC for short