New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: (IC) New Bedford by Night: WtF III

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    Bear nods his head with approval, but he replies, "It's a good idea. But I want you helping with the initiation unless Blaze says he doesn't need you." He looks at the Ithauer, deferring this decision to his fellow senior Uratha.

To Blaze's response, he says, "Good. Do you have a sense for how long it will take? I mean, most initiations are one night, correct? Anyways, also let me know if you need any of the wolf blooded to help out."
    "I dunno man, lemme talk to Knowlton first," Blaze replied, "I don't think there should be any issues, more the merrier you know what I mean? ...but we'll see what the rest of them say."

He sent a text first, to see if Knowlton was available for a chat.

"Hey man, we've got a young 'un looking to join the Iron Masters, know anyone we can talk to for initiation?" Blaze asked (assuming Knowlton picks up).
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

2. - Top - End - #812
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Blaze does not get a reply immediately. In fact, there is likely a bit more time to discuss pack plans before Knowlton's text arrives. It reads, "We got a few Iron Masters in our pack." This is followed by, "I can give you their info, but can't promise anyone can come down to help right away... assuming you wanted." And this is followed by, "How are you guys hanging? Still cleaning up the Beshilu?"
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

3. - Top - End - #813
    Titan in the Playground

Blaze does not get a reply immediately. In fact, there is likely a bit more time to discuss pack plans before Knowlton's text arrives. It reads, "We got a few Iron Masters in our pack." This is followed by, "I can give you their info, but can't promise anyone can come down to help right away... assuming you wanted." And this is followed by, "How are you guys hanging? Still cleaning up the Beshilu?"
    "No man, Beshilu are long gone, along with a damn plague lord spirit that was causing a whole lot of problems around town," Blaze replied to Knowlton, "you've got some Iron Masters? Awesome, sure would appreciate if you could pass their info over, I'll take it from there. Nowadays we're dealing with a couple of issues. Got something called an Idigam hanging out in the ocean, and a pack of Pure moved in next door, so, we've got our hands full trying to deal with both of those at the same time."
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

4. - Top - End - #814
    Ettin in the Playground

To Blaze's response, he says, "Good. Do you have a sense for how long it will take? I mean, most initiations are one night, correct? Anyways, also let me know if you need any of the wolf blooded to help out."
    'How many people do you usually need?' Joanna is curious. 'How long did it take for you guys to get initiated?'

5. - Top - End - #815
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Knowlton offers a non-commital "will do", in regards to passing on contact information of his pack mates. But Blaze can hear him growl when he mentions the Idigam. "You said what," Knowlton practically barks, "An Idigam? Are you sure?" There is anger in the man's voice, but behind it is something like fear.

Kara, who is still nearby during the conversation, replies to Joanna. "I don't know about the Iron Masters in particular, but most of the time an initiation is supposed to occur over one night." She looks to Bear and the others and adds, "Mine was anyways."

Bear nods in agreement.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #816
    Titan in the Playground

Knowlton offers a non-commital "will do", in regards to passing on contact information of his pack mates. But Blaze can hear him growl when he mentions the Idigam. "You said what," Knowlton practically barks, "An Idigam? Are you sure?" There is anger in the man's voice, but behind it is something like fear.

Kara, who is still nearby during the conversation, replies to Joanna. "I don't know about the Iron Masters in particular, but most of the time an initiation is supposed to occur over one night." She looks to Bear and the others and adds, "Mine was anyways."

Bear nods in agreement.
    "Yeah man, it's not awake yet though, so we're gonna try to take it out before it can, you know what I mean?" Blaze replied, "doesn't help that it's under the damn water which makes it tough to get to, but we've picked up some spirit allies who are gonna help us out. Uhh... you okay man?"
    TC for short

7. - Top - End - #817
    Ettin in the Playground

Bear nods in agreement.
    'What did you have to do?'

8. - Top - End - #818
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Michael Knowlton listens carefully to Blaze, but seems to ignore the Uratha's question. "An Idigam?" he repeats the question, before continuing in a slow and intentionally measured voice, "Blaze, if you are right, you are going to need to be very very careful! You guys took care of the Beshilu incursion and the Plague spirits... and to be honest, I didn't think your pack was going to be able to do it, but an Idigam is much, much worse." Knowlton pauses, and Blaze can hear him take a deep breath and sigh. Then he adds, "If, IF you truly have an Idigam in your territory, then you are sitting on an atom bomb. You are sitting on the lair of a monster... a thing that can damage the very fabric of reality, on both sides of The Gauntlet. And that's assuming the stories I've heard are even true, because to be honest I've only heard third or fourth hand of packs facing them."

'What did you have to do?'
    Kara shrugs and gives Joanna a coy smirk. Playfully she says, "Oh, nothing too hard; I only had to convince a major of the Internet to ally with our pack... without offering a Gathra... and in one night only." She gives Joanna a wink.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #819
    Ettin in the Playground

'Is Knowlton going to help us.' Joanna directs that at the others while Blaze was distracted.

To Kara, 'Oh nothing too hard then.' She is being flippant. 'And what exactly did it want in return?'

10. - Top - End - #820
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Joanna watches as the humor fades from Kara's face at her question. The Cahalith takes a long moment before she replies, clearly thinking through her words (for once) before speaking. "Well... that was just it," she starts, "I wasn't allowed to make a Gathra... so I couldn't make an offer; I had to make a command." Kara's voice trails off, and it's not clear if she would be willing to keep talking.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #821
    Titan in the Playground

Michael Knowlton listens carefully to Blaze, but seems to ignore the Uratha's question. "An Idigam?" he repeats the question, before continuing in a slow and intentionally measured voice, "Blaze, if you are right, you are going to need to be very very careful! You guys took care of the Beshilu incursion and the Plague spirits... and to be honest, I didn't think your pack was going to be able to do it, but an Idigam is much, much worse." Knowlton pauses, and Blaze can hear him take a deep breath and sigh. Then he adds, "If, IF you truly have an Idigam in your territory, then you are sitting on an atom bomb. You are sitting on the lair of a monster... a thing that can damage the very fabric of reality, on both sides of The Gauntlet. And that's assuming the stories I've heard are even true, because to be honest I've only heard third or fourth hand of packs facing them."

Kara shrugs and gives Joanna a coy smirk. Playfully she says, "Oh, nothing too hard; I only had to convince a major of the Internet to ally with our pack... without offering a Gathra... and in one night only." She gives Joanna a wink.
    "yeah man, I gotcha," Blaze said, "I figure if it wakes up we're all screwed, so we're gonna try to take care of it before that happens."

Joanna: "Usually just a day and a night, but we're gonna find out from the Knowlton's contacts, we'll see what they say," Blaze replied.
    TC for short

12. - Top - End - #822
    Ettin in the Playground

Joanna watches as the humor fades from Kara's face at her question. The Cahalith takes a long moment before she replies, clearly thinking through her words (for once) before speaking. "Well... that was just it," she starts, "I wasn't allowed to make a Gathra... so I couldn't make an offer; I had to make a command." Kara's voice trails off, and it's not clear if she would be willing to keep talking.
    Joanna has to think through the implications of that. 'Oh, and it's still mad about it. Say no more. You don't have to tell me.' She would never dream of pushing Kara on something that clearly made her uncomfortable.

13. - Top - End - #823
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Knowlton says 'alright', but it's clear he is rather perturbed to hear about the Idigam. But rather than end the conversation there, he offers to put Blaze on the phone with his packmate of the Iron Masters, who he calls Hawk. Assuming Blaze accepts (OOC: If not I guess just ignore this), there is the sound of the phone being transferred, and then a woman's voice comes on, low and gruff, "Hello? Knowlty said you wanted some help with some Tribe stuff?"

At Joanna's question, the Cahalith shrugs. "Something like that," Kara says in reply, though again it is clear there is more in the words that are left unsaid.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #824
    Titan in the Playground

Knowlton says 'alright', but it's clear he is rather perturbed to hear about the Idigam. But rather than end the conversation there, he offers to put Blaze on the phone with his packmate of the Iron Masters, who he calls Hawk. Assuming Blaze accepts (OOC: If not I guess just ignore this), there is the sound of the phone being transferred, and then a woman's voice comes on, low and gruff, "Hello? Knowlty said you wanted some help with some Tribe stuff?"

At Joanna's question, the Cahalith shrugs. "Something like that," Kara says in reply, though again it is clear there is more in the words that are left unsaid.
    "Yeah man, got a couple of newbies who are wanting to join the Tribe, so I'm makin' an official request for help with an initiation," Blaze replied, "you down?"
    TC for short

15. - Top - End - #825
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Blaze can hear the woman sigh deeply before replying. The friendly tone is gone from her voice, and instead Hawk sounds like the teenager being told to clean their room by their mom. "Yeah, sure," she says half-heartedly, "Gotta help the tribe out, right?" It wasn't unusual for an Uratha to act like this, while Hawk did have a duty as a member of the Iron Masters, werewolf society was based around duty to the pack, and otherwise Uratha were often rather individualistic creatures. It was likely Hawk didn't feel a huge responsibility to help another pack out... and of course some Uratha would consider asking another pack for help somewhat shameful. She adds, "You guys are in New Bedford, right? That's about an hour away. When were you thinking of getting this done?"
    Show

16. - Top - End - #826
    Titan in the Playground

Blaze can hear the woman sigh deeply before replying. The friendly tone is gone from her voice, and instead Hawk sounds like the teenager being told to clean their room by their mom. "Yeah, sure," she says half-heartedly, "Gotta help the tribe out, right?" It wasn't unusual for an Uratha to act like this, while Hawk did have a duty as a member of the Iron Masters, werewolf society was based around duty to the pack, and otherwise Uratha were often rather individualistic creatures. It was likely Hawk didn't feel a huge responsibility to help another pack out... and of course some Uratha would consider asking another pack for help somewhat shameful. She adds, "You guys are in New Bedford, right? That's about an hour away. When were you thinking of getting this done?"
    Blaze

"Uhh, sooner is better, if we can do tonight, that'd be best, but you know, it's up to you man," Blaze replied, "we can head up there if it's easier for you."
    TC for short

17. - Top - End - #827
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Blaze can hear her sigh, the noise implying how heavily she feels imposed upon. But Hawk replies, "Very well. I'll talk to Snow, and we can probably be there in a couple of hours." She pauses for a moment and then adds, "Do you have a plan in mind for the trial?"
    Show

18. - Top - End - #828
    Titan in the Playground

Blaze can hear her sigh, the noise implying how heavily she feels imposed upon. But Hawk replies, "Very well. I'll talk to Snow, and we can probably be there in a couple of hours." She pauses for a moment and then adds, "Do you have a plan in mind for the trial?"
    “Somethin’ to do with how stuff on one side of the gauntlet affects the other,” Blaze replied, “was thinkin’ we can combine it with a favor for a local spirit, kill two birds with one stone.”

He chuckled internally at the joke.
    TC for short

19. - Top - End - #829
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"What's the gathra, and to what kinda spirit," Hawk asks flatly, not catching the humor in Blaze's voice.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #830
    Titan in the Playground

"What's the gathra, and to what kinda spirit," Hawk asks flatly, not catching the humor in Blaze's voice.
    "It's a big hawk spirit, bird of prey," Blaze replied, "very proud. We've got a good relationship with it, and we agreed to help encourage more game spirits for it to hunt."
    TC for short

21. - Top - End - #831
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Gotcha," Hawk says, her voice belying at least a slight increase in interest, "and you know how you're gonna make that happen?"
    Show

22. - Top - End - #832
    Ettin in the Playground

Joanna is listening in. 'I believe there's a zoo around here somewhere. What if we let some of the animals out? Or do we need to do something more permenent?'

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Just to bring it up in character

23. - Top - End - #833
    Titan in the Playground

"Gotcha," Hawk says, her voice belying at least a slight increase in interest, "and you know how you're gonna make that happen?"
    "Well, think we're gonna buy a bunch of fast breeding rodents like rabbits and stuff, and then set up food stores around and release them into the wild, and let them breed like crazy," Blaze replied with an eye to Joanna, "though some of us want to release animals from the zoo or something. I'm thinkin' that might help with a quick boost, but a longer term change is gonna need a longer term adjustment in the flesh world."
    TC for short

24. - Top - End - #834
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Rodents," the woman asks, her voice filled with surprise and maybe a little disgust, "Didn't you just get over a Beshilu infestation?" There was of course no direct correlation between true rat spirits, and the Beshilu, though there was some superstition about it. Regardless of the reply, Hawk will add, "Well if you can get them purchased before we get there, that might be a good idea. I suppose we can help you release them across the city, or whatever. I suspect you're gonna want to like, release them into people's homes or something. Stir up some excitement so that it creates Essence and effects the Hisil more quickly?"
    Show

25. - Top - End - #835
    Ettin in the Playground

That made sense. 'So if we try that maybe we release them in a bar or a mall or something?' If it was a case of the more people who saw them the bigger the effect they might as well find a way to speed up the process.

26. - Top - End - #836
    Titan in the Playground

"Rodents," the woman asks, her voice filled with surprise and maybe a little disgust, "Didn't you just get over a Beshilu infestation?" There was of course no direct correlation between true rat spirits, and the Beshilu, though there was some superstition about it. Regardless of the reply, Hawk will add, "Well if you can get them purchased before we get there, that might be a good idea. I suppose we can help you release them across the city, or whatever. I suspect you're gonna want to like, release them into people's homes or something. Stir up some excitement so that it creates Essence and effects the Hisil more quickly?"
    "By rodents I meant like... rabbits, man. Well, we hadn't worked out the specifics, but yeah, something like that, or a mall or an office building or whatever, in addition to the parks," Blaze said, "more the merrier, you know?"
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2024-03-30 at 12:43 PM.
    TC for short

27. - Top - End - #837
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Sounds good," Hawk says flatly, adding, "See you in a few hours." Unless Blaze speaks up quickly with anything else he wants to discuss, the Iron Master of the Arrow Heads will cut the line.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #838
    Ettin in the Playground

After Hawk hangs up, 'So...should we find a pet store? Or are we going out to the woods?'

29. - Top - End - #839
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haval View Post
    After Hawk hangs up, 'So...should we find a pet store? Or are we going out to the woods?'
    "Why not do both? But I"m thinkin' pet store is a must. We're guaranteed to find some there," Blaze replied.
    TC for short

30. - Top - End - #840
    Ettin in the Playground

'This is going to be one of those times when they know what we are underneath isn't it? Maybe we can bribe them with carrots or something.'