New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 41920212223242526272829
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: (IC) New Bedford by Night: WtF III

Listening intently, Kara shrugs and pats Jeremy on the back. To Blaze she says, "So I guess the question is whether or not Jeremy is helping you with the ritual, or helping us with security. I suppose you want all the Iron Masters you can get?" She turns a head to Bear, checking for his approval, as this had been his question to Blaze before the Ithauer had made the phone call.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

2. - Top - End - #842
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    Listening intently, Kara shrugs and pats Jeremy on the back. To Blaze she says, "So I guess the question is whether or not Jeremy is helping you with the ritual, or helping us with security. I suppose you want all the Iron Masters you can get?" She turns a head to Bear, checking for his approval, as this had been his question to Blaze before the Ithauer had made the phone call.
    Nodding, Jeremy says "I'd like to help with the ritual for sure! Mine was far more urban in nature, so I'd like to see what yours is like. The upgrades and installs on the Den will take some time to plan, order and such - far more than the ritual will."

3. - Top - End - #843
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GKnightBC View Post
    Nodding, Jeremy says "I'd like to help with the ritual for sure! Mine was far more urban in nature, so I'd like to see what yours is like. The upgrades and installs on the Den will take some time to plan, order and such - far more than the ritual will."
    "Yeah man, the more the merrier," Blaze said, "Ritual's gonna be tonight, and there's probably not much we can do on defenses until tomorrow anyway."

He pulled out a map of New Bedford, spread it out on the dining table so everyone could see and join in, and started planning how they could complete the initiation ritual.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2024-04-07 at 08:50 AM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

4. - Top - End - #844
    Ettin in the Playground

Joanna will get her phone out and see if there were any pet stores in New Bedford where they might be able to pck up a load of small creatures quickly. 'Under the circumstances, going somewhere to pay for a bunch of rabbits seems like cheating. Should we be breaking in?'

5. - Top - End - #845
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

While the others continue talking, Kara turns to Bear and asks, "Then if it's just you and me, where do you want to start? Should we go back across the Gauntlet to discuss with ATANT or Data? Otherwise, let me know how I can help you with the work in teching up the warehouse."
    Show

6. - Top - End - #846
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Main thing we Promised for Databolt was a better modem. I also wanted to look into some cost effective security, like how can we get cameras up around this joint without spending too much. Maybe we oughta order that first bit first. Being able to truthfully say its on the way would be good before we talk to Data again." Bear rubs his chin, trying to think about everything that needed to be done. He knew damn well he was missing something...
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

7. - Top - End - #847
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haval View Post
    Joanna will get her phone out and see if there were any pet stores in New Bedford where they might be able to pck up a load of small creatures quickly. 'Under the circumstances, going somewhere to pay for a bunch of rabbits seems like cheating. Should we be breaking in?'
    "Cheating shmeating, buying them won't create a bunch of crime spirits, but I ain't gonna say no if you're heart's set on it," Blaze added.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

8. - Top - End - #848
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    "Cheating shmeating, buying them won't create a bunch of crime spirits, but I ain't gonna say no if you're heart's set on it," Blaze added.
    'Whatever works. This is going to be the weirdest thing I've ever had to spend money on.'

9. - Top - End - #849
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Kara nods her head at what Bear is saying and replies, "I guess let's get on a computer then." The two make their way back into the warehouse, where of course they are greeted with lots of excitement and questions from the wolf blooded who are around. After greetings and updates, Kara runs up to her room and comes back down with her laptop, an old macbook covered in stickers from a bunch of different punk bands, as well as with jewels and glitter. "I can look deeper into security systems if you want, while you continue working on the router," she half asks, while booting up her computer.

(OOC: So the pack currently have Safe Place at level 3, and increasing this will cost one XP per dot if you want to invest. For the router, the pack has gathered 6/8 necessary successes, and Bear can spend an hour to make an Int + Computers roll to start)

Spoiler: OOC: Iron Master Initiation
    Show
    Unless we want to RP buying rabbits and rats at pet stores, I think we can assume the pack has the resources to make such purchases. Otherwise, breaking into the zoo might take a larceny roll and I could even see some fun RP. I'm not sure if the pack wants to continue discussing... however:

1. Could I get a final overview of how we see this initiation right working? The pack is going to release a bunch animals, hoping to boost the Essence of prey/game spirits in the Hisil and which will maybe help with King Sky Hunter as well. But what is Joanna's role or test in this, to make it her initiation? Is she going to be responsible for obtaining and releasing all the animals? Is she going to have to find well springs of Essence and then protect them for Sky Hunter? I apologize as part of this confusion likely stems from me trying to answer questions on discord as they come while only half paying attention at work, but let's iron this out a little.

2. I assume some preparation will be done before the other Uratha get there, and some will be done when they arrive, so let's figure out their roles as well as Blaze's and Jeremy's?
    Show

10. - Top - End - #850
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear settles in, grumbling something about it not needing to be this difficult to find the right router...

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    hour 1 Int+computers (3d10)[9][1][4](14)
    hour 2 roll (3d10)[10][7][2](19)
    ten again (3d10)[1][10][1](12)
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-

11. - Top - End - #851
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haval View Post
    'Whatever works. This is going to be the weirdest thing I've ever had to spend money on.'
    "Get used to it, man, we buy all kinds of crazy stuff around here," Blaze said, "just wait until we start doing some of the more beefy rituals."
    TC for short

12. - Top - End - #852
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Jeremy pulls up his own device and starts shopping some of his suppliers. Cameras, sensors, networking and redundant paths, pan tilt zoom tracking devices - all sorts of methods to protect the Den and Pack from unexpected visitors. Beyond security devices, he also looked at sources for smoke-cloak, fire suppression, window shutters and other hardening measures. "Get me a budget number and I'll plot a design that fits it." He says during discussions of the design with the group. "We just have to decide how far out we want to see intruders and visitors and react to them."
    When invited to the Ceremony planning, he says "How about we plant a wild garden around the area we want the rabbit warren to feed them and make it prosperous in other ways, too? We can have some of the other Pack members maintain the basics of it, like watering and such, but still let it run wild otherwise?"

13. - Top - End - #853
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

It takes Bear just about the two whole hours to get the rest of the warehouse wired up, and make sure that the routers and modems are all installed properly, and then of course to test everything and make sure it was running smoothly. In that time Kara is on her laptop, doing research into security systems, and occasionally complaining when Bear's tinkering causes the wifi to short for a moment. As Bear is finishing up though, Kara comes running up to him and says, "Oh my god Bear, you really did it! The internet here is amazing. Think about what this will let us do with some of our digital recording!" She gives one of his burly arms a friendly hug, then says with excitement, "Let's go chat with some of the computer spirits and see what they think! Should we try ATANT first or do you want to speak with Databolt?"
    Show

14. - Top - End - #854
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear grins and messes with Kara's hair a bit, "Let's get Databolt first, I made that promise longer ago than anticipated, I'd rather not make them wait any longer."

15. - Top - End - #855
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GKnightBC View Post
    Jeremy pulls up his own device and starts shopping some of his suppliers. Cameras, sensors, networking and redundant paths, pan tilt zoom tracking devices - all sorts of methods to protect the Den and Pack from unexpected visitors. Beyond security devices, he also looked at sources for smoke-cloak, fire suppression, window shutters and other hardening measures. "Get me a budget number and I'll plot a design that fits it." He says during discussions of the design with the group. "We just have to decide how far out we want to see intruders and visitors and react to them."
    When invited to the Ceremony planning, he says "How about we plant a wild garden around the area we want the rabbit warren to feed them and make it prosperous in other ways, too? We can have some of the other Pack members maintain the basics of it, like watering and such, but still let it run wild otherwise?"
    “That’ll work man,” Blaze said, “and the stuff with the fertility spirits…. Maybe. Though they’ll probably want something in return.”
    TC for short

16. - Top - End - #856
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    “That’ll work man,” Blaze said, “and the stuff with the fertility spirits…. Maybe. Though they’ll probably want something in return.”
    'Couldn't hurt to ask. Hey, I don't suppose initiation is something you can keep trying until you pass is it?'

17. - Top - End - #857
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Kara nods her head in excited agreement and replies, "Right. I guess we should go back and cross the Gauntlet then." Less than ten minutes later, the two have reached over into The Hisil, returning into the old warehouse/shipyard/cannery. Shadows and fog move strangely through the old brick building as they approach Databolt's computer, a machine made of ancient black stone and shiny plastic and weathered glass. Tangles of cables, like a thousand vines, have sprouted from the computer in the last week. They run out of the structure, spreading out across the ground and diving into cobblestone and brick and dusty ground. The machine - the spirit pulses with energy, Essence glowing in sigils across the spirit's corpus. As the two approach, Data's voice echoes across the building, "Uratha Bear, you have finally done it! I can feel the changes already. I can feel the power, just as you promised!"
    Show

18. - Top - End - #858
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear nods, "Glad to hear you approve bud. Took more work than we anticipated, but we got it done."

"That ties into somethin I wanted to talk to you about though. Security at the Den's become a bit of a priority for us, and you too by extension. All that fancy new hardware's at risk if this place gets stormed. If you happen to have any ideas on reducing those risks we'd be happy to hear it. Just a thing to think about when you get a chance."

19. - Top - End - #859
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Databolt is silent for a second, and then the black glass of its monitor begins to swirl with sigils of the First Tongue. "Security from what..." the spirit asks, its question also writing itself across the monitor. The question echoes in the halls of the warehouse.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #860
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    Databolt is silent for a second, and then the black glass of its monitor begins to swirl with sigils of the First Tongue. "Security from what..." the spirit asks, its question also writing itself across the monitor. The question echoes in the halls of the warehouse.
    'From other Uratha just for starters.'

21. - Top - End - #861
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Blaze takes some time gathering the various items needed for the rite to summon Sagrim Ur, and supervising the others until Hawk and Snow show up. They arrive in a beat up sedan, pulling into the warehouse lot. Hawk is a broad shouldered Asian woman with a string of tattoos up her arms, and hard eyes. Her companion Snow is a taller male Uratha in a leather biker's jacket and torn up jeans. He looks like he might be in his late forties by the greys and whites in his chest-length beard. As they get out of the car, Snow looks around the lot, studying the warehouse and the dock. Hawk crosses her arms over her chest and calls out, "****, I thought we'd never get back to New Bedford. Can't say much has changed! Where's Blaze, and whose the pup we're here for?"
    Show

22. - Top - End - #862
    Ettin in the Playground

Joanna has been listening for any sign of a car pulling up and will go out to meet them. 'That would be me. Guess I should try and stop ignoring my responsibilities. Blaze is inside.'

23. - Top - End - #863
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear raises a thick eyebrow, "I'm rather surprised you need to ask, you're the first major spirit I know who wasn't at least partly aware of the Idigam, and this place was attacked just a few weeks ago by its minions. We beat them off relatively easily, but I do not doubt their return if the matter is not resolved soon, and if its just the wolfblooded here next time defense will not be so simple. The attack is actually part of why it took some time for me to complete the Gathra I owed."

"Lets see, there are three major security concerns at the moment, two of which are deeply related. One is a human servant of the Idigam, a priest, who has been riling the public against us. So far its just been protests but that could change. Second are the fishlike servants, monsters that live in the deep. They were the ones behind the recent attack. Finally, there's another Uratha pack, members of the Pure. It is possible that we are partly aligned in goals in opposing the Idigam, but that's not confirmed as they've refused to speak with us on the matter. But even if that is the case that wouldn't rule out them moving to take us off the board because they see us as being in the way."