New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Re: (IC) New Bedford by Night: WtF III

Quote Originally Posted by Haval View Post
    'Maybe we could ask to sample it first? But it's a means to an end isn't it? As long as they're not cutting their stuff with something else.'
    "Yeah, I don't think what ever we buy matters, since our goal isn't the goods - it's the info. And who knows, maybe one of them is a willing servant of the Pure pack."

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

(OOC: I'm just going to take the liberty here to keep things moving, based on TC's last post)

Blaze takes his phone out and rings the Phis loving college kid they met at UMass Dartmouth. It rings and rings, and after four or five chimes, he finally picks up. "Yo, this is Tyler," the voice on the other end of the line says, "I'm sorry man, I forgot your name."
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    (OOC: I'm just going to take the liberty here to keep things moving, based on TC's last post)

Blaze takes his phone out and rings the Phis loving college kid they met at UMass Dartmouth. It rings and rings, and after four or five chimes, he finally picks up. "Yo, this is Tyler," the voice on the other end of the line says, "I'm sorry man, I forgot your name."
    “Blaze man, Blaze,” Blaze replied, “how could you forget that? you said you had some good stock, still have some?”

Blaze tries to set up a meeting to purchase, preferably off campus.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear simply has a seat nearby and rests a bit while Blaze talks to the college kids. He wasn't sure they'd provide much of use, but one rarely ever knew for certain.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ettin in the Playground

Joanna will stay close enough that she can listen to the other end of Blaze's phonecall.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Oh yeah, that's right," the kid says with a chuckle, adding, "My bad man. Anyways, yeah, I can help you out man. How much are you looking to buy?" He waits for Blaze to reply then says, ". Uh, why don't we meet at Roast Beef and Pizzeria. You know where that is, right? It's right off campus, near the mall." Perhaps Blaze did, or maybe he did not know where "Roast Beef and Pizzeria was", but he at least knew the area between U-Mass Dartmouth and the Dartmouth Mall. A quick google search would suffice to get there otherwise. The kid adds, "We can meet in the parking lot. It's behind the building away from the street." He chuckles foolishly (was he already high?) then adds, "And if you want, you can try a little of it out, then get some pizza, if you know what I mean."

(OOC: Sorry, I had to. There is a place called Roast Beef and Pizzeria in Dartmouth, and for some reason it cracks me up every time I pass by.)
    Show

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

“Hey, that sounds good, see you in about half an hour?” Blaze asked.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ettin in the Playground

After Blaze hangs up, 'Roast beef? Is that like those people who put banana on their pizza.' she asks drily. 'I'll come along.'

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The reply to Blaze comes back about a minute later. It reads, "Yeah, sure. See you in a half hour."

(OOC: See Discord)
    Show

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ettin in the Playground

If there was room for everyone who wanted to come along Joanna will offer to drive.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

It was less then a ten minute drive to The Roast Beef and Pizzeria. After waiting an appropriate amount of time, Joanna drives herself, Jeremy and Blaze away from the factory and the run down moldering houses of New Bedford and back into North Dartmouth. Clustered shotgun houses and grimy liquor stores give way to homes with spacious yards, fenced in properties, and a picturesque suburbia in about five minutes on the road. The rough cobblestone road gives way to a more "normal" paved street.

The restaurant is a small one story house that has been converted to look like a NYC pizzeria. Joanna pulls into the back lot, empty except for two cars at the end of the lot parked in spots reserved for employees. The Uratha are left to wait, and about ten minutes later than promised, a beat up Toyota Prius pulls into the lot, bumping music at a volume far harder than it's speakers can handle. The car rolls up slowly to where Joanna parked, and the window rolls down. Phis sweater is wearing the exact same hoody, and he grins at the group from the passenger seat. "Yo," he half-yells over the speakers grinning, "looks like a party!"

************************************************** ***********************************

Left behind by the other Uratha, Bear finds himself surrounded by a pack of eager Wolf-Blooded. It was strange finding himself in the role of pack Alpha, and the non-Uratha seemed most eager to fall in line. James King gives Bear a playful military salute and says, "You said you wanted to start prepping for some ritual? We are at your service. Where do you want us to start?" He's wearing a black leather jacket that would be more appropriate on a hog-riding biker than a military brat, but still somehow comes off as "on duty".
    Show

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ettin in the Playground

On the way. 'Blaze, you'd be the guy to speak to if I have spirit problems wouldn't you? I'm not sure if this even makes sense as a question. I realise we've got other things to deal with at the moment.'

In the parking lot Joanna will keep an eye out for anyone else who might want to park here. She wasn't expecting to run into the Pure at The Roast Beef and Pizzeria, but she wasn't going to rule out the possibility either. She'll call back to Phis sweater when he arrives, 'Maybe. I need to relax. Any chance you could help me with that?'

13. - Top - End - #103
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

It was less then a ten minute drive to The Roast Beef and Pizzeria. After waiting an appropriate amount of time, Joanna drives herself, Jeremy and Blaze away from the factory and the run down moldering houses of New Bedford and back into North Dartmouth. Clustered shotgun houses and grimy liquor stores give way to homes with spacious yards, fenced in properties, and a picturesque suburbia in about five minutes on the road. The rough cobblestone road gives way to a more "normal" paved street.

The restaurant is a small one story house that has been converted to look like a NYC pizzeria. Joanna pulls into the back lot, empty except for two cars at the end of the lot parked in spots reserved for employees. The Uratha are left to wait, and about ten minutes later than promised, a beat up Toyota Prius pulls into the lot, bumping music at a volume far harder than it's speakers can handle. The car rolls up slowly to where Joanna parked, and the window rolls down. Phis sweater is wearing the exact same hoody, and he grins at the group from the passenger seat. "Yo," he half-yells over the speakers grinning, "looks like a party!"
    "It's not a good party until it has somewhere to happen, but we're starting here!" Jeremy calls back, "Just need to get all the fixins!"

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear grins, "A ritual and a show all in one. We're gonna want to incorporate the sigils into the speakers and other gear, make em look like decorations. Lets get all the instruments and junk out and set up, and see what we have to do to make it work."

"The venue's probably not gonna want to let us scribble all over their floor, so how about we get a big ass rug and mark that up, roll it out on stage."
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

Blaze

“Yeah man,” Blaze said, “hey, we got a couple of gigs comin up, if you guys are interested.”

Blaze will chit chat a little bit before making the purchase.

“Hey by the way…”

He mentions Professor pure (her name escapes me) and asks whether they know anything about her.

Spoiler
    Show
    sorry I really don’t have time to scroll back, maybe put her on the list of notable npc’s?
    TC for short

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The kid chuckles at the groups enthusiasm, nodding his before clapping his hands together and giving his best McConaughey impression, "Alright, alright, alright." The driver kills the car's engine, still parked in front of the group, and Phish shirt and the driver get out. The driver is another college kid, but he's got a shaved head, and a Celtics jersey, and a scowl that is probably meant to indicate that he's the heavy and he means business. Phis shoves both his hands into the pouch pocket of his hoodie and with a self-conscious stare at the ground says, "So, uh, just have to ask again; you guys aren't cops, right?"

Once reassured, he asks, "Well, then, how much are you looking to get?"

To Blaze's question he replies, "Oh, what? Why are you asking about Professor Oakheart?"

Spoiler: OOC@TC
    Show
    Make sure to go back, Haval's character Joanna was asking Blaze something.

"Sure," King says eagerly, though there might be the slightest hint of disappointment, "we can help with that."

Spoiler: OOC@Daishain
    Show
    I'd like to turn this into a chance to work towards Bear's second Aspiration of encouraging pack unity and teamwork. I think the task will get done one way or the other, but this roll will more determine how the Wolf Blooded view Bear as a leader and how enthusiastically they work towards this goal. Please roll Presence + Expression +1
    Show

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ettin in the Playground

So, uh, just have to ask again; you guys aren't cops, right?"
    Joanna grins as she gets out of her car. 'Do I look like a cop? But if you want to roll me something I wouldn't say no. Just in case it's as good as you say.' She's ok to pay for whatever Blaze wants to negotiate as he seemed the type to know his weed.

On Oakheart, 'My friend goes here. Said there was a new Professor who seemed a bit of a hard ass. What do you guys study anyway?'

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Trying to reassure them
    Presence 3 + Persuasion 2 + Striking Looks (Persuasion) 1
    (6d10)[5][7][9][5][1][3](30)
    Any 10s
    (6d10)[3][6][9][3][2][8](31)

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear stretches a bit, "We're going to be hunting down the biggest ass flaming wolf spirit I've ever seen in a few days, and we're gonna get ready by rocking the hell out of an audience and declaring our intent to hunt right in front of them. Not that they'll really understand..." he grins again, "But I bet that they'll feel that energy regardless. That urge for the chase, to move and leap. Its gonna get roudy. Lets make this show legendary."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

going ahead and using willpower here
    Presence+expression+WP (9d10)[10][3][1][7][1][10][7][1][4](44)
    ten again (9d10)[10][1][2][5][5][4][10][5][10](52)

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The kid chuckles nervously when Joanna challenges him about being a cop. With both hands held up as if in defense he replies, "Eh, ya never know. Better safe than sorry, right?" But the anxiety softens slightly when Joanna asks him to roll her a spliff. "Let's see how much you guys buy, then I'll happily roll you up something," he says with a grin, though his eyes dart to Blaze, clearly trying to get his point across that he wants to know he's getting paid.

He seems to be unsurprised when Joanna mentions having a friend at the university. He shrugs and in reply says, "Eh, ya I'm an English Lit major, so I don't really take any science classes... unless they're supposed to be an easy A." He grins at his own joke and pauses to let others react positively, then continues, "But my roommate is in a class of hers. He's kinda' a stress ball, but apparently she's a major hard ass. The class is supposed to be crazy, they go out on a boat in the bay and study the ocean or something, but my roommate makes her sound like a raging b... bicycle." He blushes.

(OOC: 1 success)

(OOC: Bear gets 3 successes and gains 1 beat. He is down to 3/5 WP. With three successes I'll let Bear either take a +1 on his Siskur Dah roll, or will give him a +2 with his next roll to influence the wolf-blooded or other pack members)

Bear's words seem to genuinely motivate the gathered pack. Eyes focus on him as he describes the plan, and several of the wolf blooded shake their head with agreement. When he is finished, Bear gets the sense that the group might start clapping, and Pine even looses a rather canine sounding whoop of excitement.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ettin in the Playground

He seems to be unsurprised when Joanna mentions having a friend at the university. He shrugs and in reply says, "Eh, ya I'm an English Lit major, so I don't really take any science classes... unless they're supposed to be an easy A." He grins at his own joke and pauses to let others react positively, then continues, "But my roommate is in a class of hers. He's kinda' a stress ball, but apparently she's a major hard ass. The class is supposed to be crazy, they go out on a boat in the bay and study the ocean or something, but my roommate makes her sound like a raging b... bicycle." He blushes.
    Oh she's a total bicycle alright. Joanna will give him a significant look to show that she'd noticed his slip but will not otherwise comment.'Always did like English, but going out on the sea to look at whales sounds pretty cool as well. Do you happen to know where their boat is? Maybe they have rooom for a few more out there.' Once she was at the harbour she could probably find the boat eventually if she put her mind to it, but maybe it would come in handy. 'Does your roommate know Corey Allen by any chance?'

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

Blaze

Blaze had been looking forward to buying some weed so much that he'd completely forgotten exactly why they were there in the first place. Luckily Joanna remembered.

"Man, that woulda been embarassing," he thought.

"We got a few hundred man, not trying to short change you, we're legit," Blaze said, "we'll start with a little bit and if the stuff is worth it, we'll come back for more for sure."

The topic switched to Oakheart.
    "What, they go out there every day? The hell are they studying, how to get seasick?" Blaze said.
    TC for short

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The kid shrugs at Joanna's first question about the boat's location. "I could ask my roommate," he says with a hint of disinterest, clearly not sure what Joanna was getting at. It clearly not being a priority, he makes no attempt to get his phone out and call or text the roommate.

(OOC: Wanna give me a Persuasion roll to get him to do it?)

His answer is almost disdainful when Joanna asks about Cory Allen. "I'm sorry, but it's a big school. I've never heard of him, and I have no idea who my roommate knows... he's a bit of a... well he's not that social, if you know what I mean."

He chuckles at Blaze's question about going out every day, and he replies, "No idea man. Not exactly my kinda thing, if you know what I mean."

When Blaze responds about the money his eyes go wide for a moment, a hint of greedy excitement. "It's 50 bucks for a 3G baggie," he replies, leaning in and half whispering to Blaze.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear works with the wolfblooded on getting something set up that would be functional both for the sake of actually playing music and doubling as the symbology needed for the siskur dah ritual. He's grinning as they get things done, glad to be making progress.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ettin in the Playground

'Could you?' Joanna asks 'Help me out and I'll definitely come find you the next time I need to buy weed.'

On Cory Allen, 'I think he's a student of Oakheart's. Maybe a postgrad. My friend's into him if you get me. She'd like to check he's not seeing anyone before she makes a move. Should I be talking to your roommate?'

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Presence 3 + Persuasion 2 + Striking Looks (Persuasion) 1
    (6d10)[7][10][1][3][7][1](29)
    Any 10s
    (6d10)[4][6][10][3][1][6](30)

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

At Bear's recommendation, the Wolf Blooded round up their performance gear; their speakers, amplifiers, instrument cases, and drum kit, and begin painting the gear with various First Tongue sigils. The band's logo, an angular and minimalistic picture of a wolf's head crying blood over artistic lettering, "Cry Wolf" (originally designed by Kara) is already printed or painted on most of this gear. So the symbols are artistically drawn around this logo. Symbols of power, and territory, and duty are chained together to create a sort of mandala or halo around the band logo on all of the band's gear. The effect is very "later Led Zepplin".

(OOC: Bear will receive an extra dice on his Siskur Dah roll)

Something about Joanna's request makes the kid soften. He grins a little at the Uratha, and with a nod says, "Yeah, sure. Not a problem." He blushes a little and adds, "Happy to help."
    Show

26. - Top - End - #116
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

At Bear's recommendation, the Wolf Blooded round up their performance gear; their speakers, amplifiers, instrument cases, and drum kit, and begin painting the gear with various First Tongue sigils. The band's logo, an angular and minimalistic picture of a wolf's head crying blood over artistic lettering, "Cry Wolf" (originally designed by Kara) is already printed or painted on most of this gear. So the symbols are artistically drawn around this logo. Symbols of power, and territory, and duty are chained together to create a sort of mandala or halo around the band logo on all of the band's gear. The effect is very "later Led Zepplin".

(OOC: Bear will receive an extra dice on his Siskur Dah roll)

Something about Joanna's request makes the kid soften. He grins a little at the Uratha, and with a nod says, "Yeah, sure. Not a problem." He blushes a little and adds, "Happy to help."
    Jeremy feigns interest in the product offered, easing up to the group as the conversations evolve. "Get me one of those baggies, chum." He asks Blaze. "Just need a high end party to enjoy it fully. Any ideas?" He adds, turning to the kid.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ettin in the Playground

'Thanks' Joanna replies. 'I'm Jo by the way. I can give you my number if you hear anything on either.' She'll get her phone out after paying for the weed.'Or I suppose come see me after the gig if you're in town then.'

To Jeremy, 'I'm game if you are. Long as we have time.'

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The kid nods, looking slightly uncomfortable about the idea of inviting the Anchor Wolves to a party. But when Joanna mentions their upcoming gig, he looks a little more excited, a little more relaxed. "Oh yeah," he replies, "when is your next performance by the way? We could definitely come support."

He looks from Joanna to the trunk of his car, then to Blaze. He says a little hastily, "So, uh, how much do you want then?"
    Show

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ettin in the Playground

Joanna looks to Blaze, 'Bear said tomorrow night didn't he? Which means we need enough for everyone to get relaxed afterwards.'

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haval View Post
    Joanna looks to Blaze, 'Bear said tomorrow night didn't he? Which means we need enough for everyone to get relaxed afterwards.'
    “Gimme that, and that,” Blaze said, pointing to two of the baggies, “should be enough for everyone.”

Spoiler
    Show
    Blaze will make sure not to go over budget
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2022-04-21 at 07:14 PM.
    TC for short