New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: (IC) New Bedford by Night: WtF III

Blaze picks out four baggies filled with the pungent green bramble, and surreptitiously hands the kid a wad of cash. He asks if anyone wants to grab a sandwich or slice of pizza inside, and eyes Joanna with a touch of excitement.

(OOC: Regardless of whether or not you are grabbing a bite with him I assume we are nearing or are at the end of this scene?)
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ettin in the Playground

Joanna wasn't opposed but didn't feel like they had the time to waste at the moment. 'Well I do want to see what that pizza tastes like, but I need to go practice. Maybe after the gig.'

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Nothing more to add at the moment. I don't think finding the boat will be that difficult.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

Blaze

After collecting the weed and the information, Blaze returned to the warehouse to report back to Bear and the others.

“So that’s it man,” Blaze said, “she’s out on the water a lot during the day. Maybe they’re working with the Idigam or maybe not. I figure we got two choices…”

He held up a finger at each point.

“We wait until she’s on the water to attack, or we try to find out more of what they’re doing, just in case they’re also trying to fight the Idigam,” Blaze said, “whatever we’re gonna do we gotta figure it out quick, our gig’s comin up soon.”
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2022-04-29 at 06:42 PM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    “We wait until she’s on the water to attack, or we try to find out more of what they’re doing, just in case they’re also trying to fight the Idigam,” Blaze said, “whatever we’re gonna do we gotta figure it out quick, our gig’s comin up soon.”
    'Never hurts to have more information. If we have the time I think we should go look for their boat. Worse case is that there's nothing interesting there to find, but then we have all the fun of imagining how mad they'll be when they smell us as having been there.' Joanna replies with a smile.

'Plus there's always the chance that if we find their boat we can find someone who works round there who maybe knows Oakheart and her people to see. Like, someone at their job...someone in the next boat over...I'll take a homeless guy if I can find someone who'll talk to me. I just need anyone who I can talk into calling me whenever Oakheart is actually going out on the water. Ideally I like to know where those three are at all times until we can kick them out of New Bedford.'

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear rubs his face, "I wish we could just ignore that. And it sure sounds like their interest is the idigam."

"Course, even if we were sure of that, they may not intend to fight it. The things are known to make bargains right? I wouldn't put it past the pure to try that."

"I think we're going to have to keep the plans to attack their totem in place, but can you think of any means to find out more before then?"
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Daishain View Post
    Bear rubs his face, "I wish we could just ignore that. And it sure sounds like their interest is the idigam."

"Course, even if we were sure of that, they may not intend to fight it. The things are known to make bargains right? I wouldn't put it past the pure to try that."
    'Bargaining with it sounds like a terrible idea, but Oakheart seemed like someone who was arrogant enough to try.'

"
    "I think we're going to have to keep the plans to attack their totem in place, but can you think of any means to find out more before then?"
    'I think our friend the local dealer might be into me enough fo want to be helpful. Either he gets back to me quickly enough to tell me where Oakheart keeps her boat or we go down there ourselves and follow our noses. I don't know if we'll find anything good on there but I think it's worth knowing where they park it at least.'

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Kara's eyes go wide when Joanna mentions the dealer being into her, and pinching her shoulder grins and whispers, "Flirt!" playfully.

But to the group she says, "I think both of our current enemies are dangerous enough that splitting up over and over may be a bad idea. We have time enough to deal with something before the concert tomorrow? Do we want to focus on the boat? Maybe we can put some sort of tracking device on it or somethin?"

(OOC: TC, would you please give me an Int + Occult +2 roll)
    Show

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    Kara's eyes go wide when Joanna mentions the dealer being into her, and pinching her shoulder grins and whispers, "Flirt!" playfully.
    Joanna tries to looks innocent before breaking into a grin. 'Wasn't like I was encouraging him.'

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post

But to the group she says, "I think both of our current enemies are dangerous enough that splitting up over and over may be a bad idea. We have time enough to deal with something before the concert tomorrow? Do we want to focus on the boat? Maybe we can put some sort of tracking device on it or somethin?"

(OOC: TC, would you please give me an Int + Occult +2 roll)
    Blaze seems to get some kind of brain spark…
    Spoiler
    Show
    int + occult +2: (10d10)[10][7][7][1][10][10][10][5][3][10](73)
    9 again: (10d10)[4][2][1][7][9][7][1][6][10][1](48)
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear nods "Tracking the boat is probably a good idea. At the least that'll tell us when they're out on the water and might point us to more exactly where the points of interest are with this thing. Lets get that done."
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Something Bear says trigger's a thought for Blaze:

Blaze had taken all the information about the Idigam he could get from Solomon, which admittedly was not a whole lot. However, what Blaze had learned was suddenly clicking in his brain. Unlike what Bear had said, The Idigam were even more primitive and primal than regular spirits. They did not bargain or scheme, as far as Blaze was aware. In fact, the behaviors of the spirits that had encountered the Idigam, those fish spirits that the Pack had sheltered, had made it sound like it was a monster that they were terrified of.

Furthermore, Oakheart had seemed not to believe the Anchor Wolves when they told her about the Idigam. And The Pure were even more fanatical about keeping order within the spirit world than the Forsaken. Blaze could only imagine, but more likely than not, if Oakheart and her pack of Pure knew about the Idigam, they would be opposed to the thing. Not that this meant that they would be able to create a truce, or even a pact with Oakheart, but Blaze was certain that it was unlikely they were working together. In fact, perhaps if The Anchor Wolves could pit the Pure against the Idigam, at least one of their two problems might take care of the other!

(OOC: God Damn! 6 successes with 5 10s right out of the gate)
    Show

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ettin in the Playground

Bear nods "Tracking the boat is probably a good idea. At the least that'll tell us when they're out on the water and might point us to more exactly where the points of interest are with this thing. Lets get that done."
    Joanna nods, 'Never tried to track a boat before but I have a gps tracker in the back of the car. We find somewhere good to hide it and we should be able to see exactly where they're at.'

13. - Top - End - #133
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Jeremy offers "We could also just drop a burner phone with the right apps and added battery on it, to track and listen in on their conversations, too. If they aren't allies with the Idigam, why the Hell would they be going out in the heart of it's disturbance, regularly? Would it take much to shake the Idigam up, just when they are out on the water?"

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

Blaze

“You know what man, maybe this is the weed talking, but I don’t think they’re working together,” Blaze said, “the Pure are like radical fundamentalists, they’d definitely be opposed to Idigam…, and the Idigam is ancient. It don’t bargain or compromise, it just is.”

“I bet Oakheart thought we were full of poop about the Idigam, but if we could get them to run into each other, they’d be the ones throwing themselves against it instead of us,” Blaze said, “then we can mop up the leftovers instead of the other way around.”
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2022-05-08 at 05:20 PM.
    TC for short

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ettin in the Playground

'I want more information to be sure either way. Maybe I shouldn't judge someone based on a single conversation where she threatened to kill us, but she seemed like just the kind of person who might be a dumbass even as she thinks she knows what she's doing. All for letting them take each other out though.'

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Kara turns her attention first to Blaze, and then to Bear and chuckles. She'd gotten the sense that one was looking to the other to take the lead. She was the lead singer, but she knew she wasn't the pack alpha, and so she said to Bear, "Okay boss, what's the plan?"
    Show

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Yeah, if we can get ears on that boat and find out what they're up to, maybe it'll be enough to change plans, maybe it'll just make the rest of things easier, either way I'm not seeing a downside in trying. Is a burner phone the best way to do that? What else do you need to pull it off Jeremy?"
    Last edited by Daishain; 2022-05-14 at 11:33 AM.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

While the group is talking, Joanna gets a text message from the weed dealer, whose name is Chaz (OOC: I swear I already gave him a name, but now I can't find it. I can't keep calling him Phish Sweater, so now he's Chaz). He gives Joanna the location of the boat, provided by his roommate, and it turns out to be at one of the docks not far from the cannery; in fact it would be walking distance. He also tells Joanna he can't wait to see the show, and asks if he can buy her a drink after.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

Blaze decides to smoke some of the weed they acquired to see if it’s any good.

Priorities,” he thought.
    TC for short

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ettin in the Playground

Joanna will text Chaz back, 'Thanks, I appreciate it. We will see about that drink :)' Chaz's taste in music aside she wasn't opposed to working out a little tension, and since she met the Reveler she felt the need to relax.

She'll also pass on the location of the boat. 'Chaz came through. Google says it's not that far even.' An unwelcome thought had occurred to her. 'Doesn't that mean that the Pure might have been close to here at some point.'

21. - Top - End - #141
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

"Yeah, if we can get ears on that boat and find out what they're up to, maybe it'll be enough to change plans, maybe it'll just make the rest of things easier, either way I'm not seeing a downside in trying. Is a burner phone the best way to do that? What else do you need to pull it off Jeremy?"
    He nods, saying "Yeah, we drop a remoting app on that sucker and open it's mic and video when we want to. Burner basic phone with an internet data plan and no phone number- as long as they are near shore, they'll get a signal and we can eavesdrop. Max would be about 30 miles. I'll put on a self-destruct as well to toast it if they find it. Bleach-wipe it to kill our scents, too, or maybe put some fishface's stink on it to redirect their suspicions. Just got to tuck it on the boat, somewhere useful like the pilot house."

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The pack finishes putting together the necessary hardware for their "makeshift" tracking device, and by the time they set off for the dock it is about mid-afternoon. Despite the sun being out wit few clouds in the sky, this close to the water it is still rather cool and the pack is harassed by regular gusts of wind. The streets are as always rather empty in this part of New Bedford, though there is always that still uneasy sense of being watched; of distant eyes staring from behind boarded up windows. The dock is less than a ten minute walk away, and is almost next to the ferry company. It is little more than a small parking lot in front of a stucco shed large enough to house a boat. Its swinging doors chained shut with a sign reading, "Private property of the U-Mass Dartmouth". Around the back of the shed are a second pair of swinging doors, also chained, though these don't reach the rafters of the building, such that you can see the top of the rather plain looking motorized vessel about the size of a private sail boat, clearly raised up onto a palate. There is a small path from the back of the shed that leads directly down a ramp and into the water.

There does not seem to be anyone around, though there are security cameras hung over the front and back of the porch.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GKnightBC View Post
    Bleach-wipe it to kill our scents, too, or maybe put some fishface's stink on it to redirect their suspicions. Just got to tuck it on the boat, somewhere useful like the pilot house."
    'If you think that'll work. I don't want to make it easy for them to find this place.'

----------------------------

Joanna points out the cameras, 'No reason to think that there's anyone watching the feed live, but if I'm wrong maybe we shouldn't stick around.' She's on the look out for anything that looks like a security office, but otherwise will rely on her nose to tell her if there was anyone else around who might object to their breaking in. She'll take Chaz's word for it that this was the boat, but she's also alert to any lingering scent of other Uratha to indicate that the Pure had been here recently.

'Everybody try to look like they're here on purpose.' Joanna will take a hair clip and go round to the back of the building where she can attempt to pick the lock.

Show

Using a point of willpower

Dex 2+ Larceny 2 + Lockpick specialty 1 + Willpower 3
    (8d10)[10][9][1][8][6][3][7][2](46)
    Any 10s
    (8d10)[1][7][2][7][6][5][7][8](43)

Checking to see if there's anyone else close by

Wits 3 + Composure 3 + Hishu 1
    (7d10)[7][5][8][10][1][8][8](47)
    Any 10s
    (7d10)[7][4][1][8][3][5][3](31)
    Exceptional success for three successes with honed senses

24. - Top - End - #144
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Jeremy will try to locate any security feed lines he can tap into or subtly disrupt, leveraging his previous experience as a security systems installer. If he locates something useful, he'll try to create either a loop or pause the feed until they finish. Adding to his attempt to remain undetected, his scent fades away completely (Feet of Mist). Working quickly, and slightly in competition with Joanna's lock-picking, he wants to succeed before they are able to enter.

Spoiler
    Show
    Crafts (Traps) + INT + Subterfuge ?
    (9d10)[5][6][1][2][4][9][8][9][8](52) plus tens (9d10)[1][9][8][9][3][4][9][3][1](47) Spent 1 Essence for Gift.

Quote Originally Posted by Haval View Post
    'If you think that'll work. I don't want to make it easy for them to find this place.'

----------------------------

Joanna points out the cameras, 'No reason to think that there's anyone watching the feed live, but if I'm wrong maybe we shouldn't stick around.' She's on the look out for anything that looks like a security office, but otherwise will rely on her nose to tell her if there was anyone else around who might object to their breaking in. She'll take Chaz's word for it that this was the boat, but she's also alert to any lingering scent of other Uratha to indicate that the Pure had been here recently.

'Everybody try to look like they're here on purpose.' Joanna will take a hair clip and go round to the back of the building where she can attempt to pick the lock.

Show

Using a point of willpower

Dex 2+ Larceny 2 + Lockpick specialty 1 + Willpower 3
    (9d10)[5][6][1][2][4][9][8][9][8](52)
    Any 10s
    (9d10)[1][9][8][9][3][4][9][3][1](47)

Checking to see if there's anyone else close by

Wits 3 + Composure 3 + Hishu 1
    [roll2]
    Any 10s
    [roll3]
    Exceptional success for three successes with honed senses

Last edited by GKnightBC; 2022-05-20 at 03:50 PM.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Jeremy quickly examines the security system. Joanna is right, this is definitely not a live feed, and the two cameras seem to run into a black box memory system attached to the wall inside. There wasn't really anything to "tap" into, but once inside the memory system would be easy to remove, damage, or manipulate.

Joanna gets the back door to shed open in a matter of seconds, and to her best scanning of the area, there is no one actually around who could be watching.

Once inside, someone could try to tamper with the security system's memory (Int/Wits + Computer), or the group could decide to outright damage or remove the box, which would leave evidence of the break in, but leave security clueless as to whom.

(OOC: Joanna is down to 1/5 WP)
    Show

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ettin in the Playground

'Jeremy, can you do something about that? I feel like ripping it off the wall might give us away.' Joanna will look for a way onto the boat.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haval View Post
    'Jeremy, can you do something about that? I feel like ripping it off the wall might give us away.' Joanna will look for a way onto the boat.
    Blaze

Blaze took a look at the camera.

“Actually, I think I can hack into this thing,” he said, “then we could remote view and show pretty much whatever we want… make it look like we were never here.”

He pulled out his laptop and attempted to access the camera’s software.

Spoiler
    Show
    (9d10)[7][7][5][1][10][1][4][4][9](48)
    (9d10)[3][3][7][3][6][1][5][8][4](40)
    TC for short

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

(OOC: One success after the -2 modifier)

After a good bit of tinkering and struggling with the black box attached to the camera, Blaze is able to set up a very basic video loop. The workmanship of the hack was pretty shoddy; most of the wires and circuits of the thing were badly corroded and almost a decade outdated. It wouldn't be too hard to catch that the security camera was playing back a loop, but that wouldn't happen till someone went back and watched the footage. It would at least keep their images from appearing on camera.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ettin in the Playground

Joanna doesn't know anything about boats but assumes there might be a ladder or a rope around here somewhere that will help her get aboard.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

There is a small ladder on the side of the boat that hangs about halfway down the bow. I decent jump would probably be enough to grab hold of one of the lower rungs and pull yourself in.

(OOC: I don't see a point in forcing an athletics roll for that)
    Show