1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Worse Than The Disease OOC 2

First IC thread; https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...ease-IC/page50

OOC 1 Thread; https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...he-Disease-OOC

Dice Rolls 1 Thread; https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...ase-DICE-ROLLS

IC 2 Thread; https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...e-Disease-2-IC

===

This is the second OOC thread for the campaign Worse Than The Disease.
    Anachronism will never high-light the folly of my convictions!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Worse Than The Disease OOC 2

Reporting in.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

Yup, also here.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

I think the car door is still open, so Sean can just Move into the car and shut it behind him in one turn?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shoot Da Moon View Post
    I think the car door is still open, so Sean can just Move into the car and shut it behind him in one turn?
    I don't believe he's that close. No objections to getting in on next turn. About the door: yes, it's still open, but no, I am not sure Sean spends extra effort to close it, we'll see. Which way is the car w.r.t. the direction to the snipers?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by u-b View Post
    I don't believe he's that close. No objections to getting in on next turn. About the door: yes, it's still open, but no, I am not sure Sean spends extra effort to close it, we'll see. Which way is the car w.r.t. the direction to the snipers?
    You do not know the exact location of the snipers, but you think the car’s front is pointed towards where they are.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Darn it, forgot the -4 from the smoke. Never mind, it's still a hit on both rolls.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

1. Can Richard put the man in the car this round?
    2. The same if Sean moves the car closer a bit?
    3. Can Richard also get in the car the same round with e.g. lots of Multitasking?

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

1. Can Richard put the man in the car this round?
    2. The same if Sean moves the car closer a bit?
    3. Can Richard also get in the car the same round with e.g. lots of Multitasking?
    1) I do not think so.
    2) Possible.
    3) I do not think so.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Please note the combat lasted more than 10 seconds, so you both lose FP from encumbrance level after it ends. You’ll both be tired right after. Assuming you both survive…

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

If a fight breaks out, and Sean tries shooting from the car, I believe that means penalties? Unless he has the Motorised Shooting Technique? Am I remembering this right?

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

Where is it from? I see Motorized Training perk in GURPS Tactical Shooting 39 that negates half, but eating full speed penalty is fine.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

I think that was it, but check through TS some more to see what the exact penalties for shooting from a moving car is.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

Sean counts more than 15 of this mutant wolves out there. They spread out, only bunching up close together in 3s at a time. Each such bunch is about 5 yards away from each other. The animals in general are keeping at least 10 yards from the car at all times (the farthest out is 20 yards), but they are circling. If they decide to attack, the bunches will close in from all directions.
    Whoa! How did we allow them that close? I mean, if they are "keeping at least 10 yards", are they running near their maximum speed all around our car, including off-road? There should be some some cover / concealment they've used, so does that affect their movement? The situation would mean Sean does not have speed penalty if they run parallel. Or, maybe they were in a sort of ambush that we've driven into and they are closing in? Not sure how they could be "circling" around at that speed. Also, are they medium-sized?

I think that was it, but check through TS some more to see what the exact penalties for shooting from a moving car is.
    Hmmm...
    1. Sean has -3 for "bad road" as per B548.
    2. Acc + aim <= SR 4 as per B548. This probably does not place the limit on the laser.
    3. Skill is <= Richard's Driving as per TS 31. This probably goes before speed/range (but see above for parallel movement) and thus is the worst one. Likely caps the laser and the bond, but not the RoF bonus.
    4. Speed / range, target size, and all other stuff.

Like that?
    Last edited by u-b; 2023-05-26 at 05:24 AM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Whoa! How did we allow them that close? I mean, if they are "keeping at least 10 yards", are they running near their maximum speed all around our car, including off-road? There should be some some cover / concealment they've used, so does that affect their movement? The situation would mean Sean does not have speed penalty if they run parallel. Or, maybe they were in a sort of ambush that we've driven into and they are closing in? Not sure how they could be "circling" around at that speed. Also, are they medium-sized?

Hmmm...
    1. Sean has -3 for "bad road" as per B548.
    2. Acc + aim <= SR 4 as per B548. This probably does not place the limit on the laser.
    3. Skill is <= Richard's Driving as per TS 31. This probably goes before speed/range (but see above for parallel movement) and thus is the worst one. Likely caps the laser and the bond, but not the RoF bonus.
    4. Speed / range, target size, and all other stuff.

Like that?
    Looks like the mutant wolves have bizarrely high speed and natural camouflage? The nearby wilderness is just by the road, it is very good for ambushes. They are SM +1.

Yeah, those modifiers are relevant. Laser sight not limited. The Driving skill of the guy at the wheel applies before speed/range modifiers.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Richard, anything to add to this?

We want to...
    1. Drive straight towards the base in the usual manner.
    2. Announce our presence to the security forces at the base and be let in.
    3. Summon 4 armed guards (hunters, militia or something).
    4. Summon Tariq of Simone.
    5. Send the captive with 2 armed guards and Tariq or Simone to be held safe and not contacted by anyone for some short period of time.
    6. Summon some doctors.
    7. Have the doctors examine Sean and Richard and declare their verdicts.
    8. Still with 2 guards go to the radio room to hear any news.

17. - Top - End - #17

How badly hurt is the prisoner, again? Worth checking whether he's in the kind of state where we should really get him medical help too once we get there, or if he can be put somewhere secure and left for a bit without risking him, well, dying.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Volthawk View Post
    How badly hurt is the prisoner, again? Worth checking whether he's in the kind of state where we should really get him medical help too once we get there, or if he can be put somewhere secure and left for a bit without risking him, well, dying.
    He got shot in the leg very badly. He may not be permanently crippled, but he is very likely going to be crippled for a long time.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry for the delay.
    Richard does not need to roll regarding the disease yet.
    Sean is under the care of a Physician for now, but he’ll need to expend medical resources to get the most benefits of it. Check the stockpile on the gear sheet, not to mention the food and water you got at the base.

I’ll roll for Bart and the others in 2 game-time hours to see how they journeyed to the base.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Richard, you should roll Interrogation skill, please.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

OC: 200 rifle bullets is $2000 worth in the AtE economy.
    I mean, there was 10 of them. Or it was 200 bullets for the whole lot?

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

I mean, there was 10 of them. Or it was 200 bullets for the whole lot?
    The mercenary was paid 200 rifle bullets. He does not know what the others were paid.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

Also feel free to throw questions from Richard himself.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Volthawk/Richard, you okay?

We need you for this interrogation session.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Sean, roll for recovery. Then we can mark off another day?

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Since all the PCs are in recovery for in-game days right now, we can take advantage of the slowed action to discuss the campaign so far.

As players;
    * Are you enjoying the campaign overall?
    * What do you recommend the GM change about the campaign or his GM-ing, if anything?
    * What would you like to see in the campaign next?
    * Any particular highlights of the campaigns so far? (Highlight stuff you want more of in the future, in particular.)
    * Anything you find notable in general about the campaign events and/or play?

Thanks in advance!

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

1. I like this game so far. In fact, one of my favorites.
    2. No particular thing. I sometimes have trouble differentiating between "that's weird because that's a hint", "that's weird because that's the way this world is" and "that's weird because GM is not perfect", but I rather expect that this cannot be changed.
    3. I'll just go with Sean, and he has a multitude of plans. Of note:
    3.1 See if we can get the food trucks delivered. This might be less than trivial.
    3.2 Arm an equip Vermont Rangers (less than trivial without #3.1 above).
    3.3 Use Vermont Rangers (a lot of options, including that same gutter lab, but also other intel, up to the slavers' camps). The rangers should have a list of locations to search for heavy weapons, so we can as well search them before we are on the offensive.
    3.4 See how the mutants' attack(?) on the raiders' factory vent and see if they would like to cooperate further.
    3.5 See if the drone kit gets delivered to Waffle House (we have a car parked there as a payment waiting for it).
    3.6 Generally proceed with the offensives against the slavers and try to stop mutant animals from rampaging the state.
    3.7 Eventually chat with Gunmetal leadership maybe.
    3.8 Maybe organize some investigation against Bread Basket and the reward on our heads, but this would not be done by us personally.
    3.9 Oh, and we must heal Richard. Not sure if he can get well without Red Brick's help.
    3.10 Finally get down some Shelter or something and generally investigate the fall of Old World.
    4. I mostly expect to see variuos stuff in the future, as it unfolds w.r.t. our actions, not simply more of the same, so I'll pass on this one.
    5. Well, the latest attempt on our lives was pretty damn notable. I think we should have gotten ourselves killed, if that would not be so bad for the whole campaign. But generally, it's like one notable thing is ontop the another and, like, half of everything in the game is in some way notable, which is good enough.

28. - Top - End - #28

* Are you enjoying the campaign overall?
    Yup, enjoying it a lot. Sometimes I get a little behind and I've probably forgotten some of the stuff going on, but that's a me thing rather than a game thing and hasn't impacted enjoyment much (particularly since u-b is pretty on top of things and good at picking up the slack).

* What do you recommend the GM change about the campaign or his GM-ing, if anything?
    I'm terrible at answering these kinds of questions, since I might have a minor annoyance at some point but before long I've mostly forgotten it so when the time comes to look back it's barely a memory. Hm. I guess sometimes the exact details of an encounter can be a little unclear, hence us having to sometimes put a little bit of guesswork into our roll posts, but that's a downside of the medium really rather than a GMing flaw.

* What would you like to see in the campaign next?
    * Any particular highlights of the campaigns so far? (Highlight stuff you want more of in the future, in particular.)
    * Anything you find notable in general about the campaign events and/or play?
    Ended up bundling these together, since u-b's handled specific future missions quite well (only thing that came to mind that wasn't broadly covered there as far as specific scenarios go is some more poking around in the Gutters, because I'm curious about what's going on down there - including finally dealing with the zombie lab once we're prepared) so I started writing more broadly and found these three blending together a bit.

I've been really enjoying the process of slowly putting everything together - our understanding of the old world developing from early mundane assumptions to finding out about the biotech going on behind the scenes, wildlife encounters escalating from hunting and that rabid bear to finding out about more mutated specimens and now those wolves, mutants going from "oh, this injector caused mutation and Red Brick are worried about mutants" to fighting mutants with extreme changes and then through interrogation and diplomacy finding out their origins and the roots of their ideology, and when it comes to the raiders finding the link between Mailer and them and our general campaign against them to unravel the network, hell even these smaller internal things in the cities too - it's all been great fun, being able to chip away at things and through that, and things chipping back, finding out all these previously-hidden details.

I've been enjoying the way the game's been...structured, I guess? There's been a nice ebb and flow between periods where we drive around, do interrogations, meet people and shop and stuff between bigger engagements when we attack a base or get ambushed or whatever, and...yeah, it's worked quite well for me. As far as the engagements themselves go, feels like there's a good balance when it comes to you throwing curveballs that mess with our plans and us being able to do what we set out to do - for instance, snipers in particular are hard to do well on the GM side and so far they've walked the line pretty well, being scary and surprising without being a situation where one of us just dies suddenly. The battle bus turning up at the latter end of one of the base raids was also a lot of fun, as another example.

I really like the radar base conceptually, too. This whole settlement thing starting up has been a fun way of the world reacting to what we're doing (and from an IC perspective, something Richard really likes), and I'm interested to see how that keeps developing.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, the current in-game day can pass by without incident.
    I believe most of your delivery orders will arrive at their destinations in the late afternoon of today.
    The rest will arrive tomorrow.
    You will mostly hear about current affairs in and around the radar base, with periodic news from other places over the radio.

Both of you should make the same rolls as yesterday for recovering.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Sean calls Bread Basket on the radio. Not the VIP guy's people, but those of the city leadership. He raises the following topics:
    1. There was an attempt on his and Richard's lives, which has to be sorted out before we can continue with the jobs the city is posting.
    2. There seem to be a reward on our heads or something, so this does not seem to be one-off, so this will have to be investigated before we return to Bread Basket.
    3. Is the city in any way behind it or maybe has anything at all against Richard and Sean? If not, maybe the city is interested in knowing more about it? This might or might not be related to the tasks we have contracted to be doing.
    Sean, make a Reaction Roll with your usual modifiers and a -5 penalty.