New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: As You Command OOC

It's all good; if we can get to the window, I think we'll be okay. But that's a big if! Too bad there's not a spare invisibility sphere spell in the mix or it'd be the perfect escape.
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2023-01-28 at 09:49 PM.

2. - Top - End - #662
    Bugbear in the Playground

Did our sneaking work? Does the window open or do we need to smash it?

3. - Top - End - #663
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Does anyone have Feather fall?
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

4. - Top - End - #664

Initiative (1d20+8)[10]

Cypher has a scroll of it, which will only help one of us. I assume Sharkan is the lightest as he has the lowest strength. Cypher will cast fly on Lamorak, whose max encumbrance should be enough to carry Sharkan down too. Cypher will then use feather fall on himself.

Edit: Ugh, if he gets to level 9, Cypher gets an extra +6 to initiative and he'll almost never go last like a peasant again!
    Last edited by Waistcoatwill; 2023-01-30 at 06:43 PM.

5. - Top - End - #665
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

What do you mean it will only help one of us, It should effect 1 person per caster level
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

6. - Top - End - #666
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

(1d20+4)[17] initiative roll for Sharkan
    Festival of Heroes:

7. - Top - End - #667
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

(1d20)[14] initiative.

Hilariously, I burned my feather fall spell testing to see if the cuffs were magic nulling. But what I can do, if JBE permits us just a smidge of rule flex to finish this scene in a cinematic way, is command us all to leap out the window at once, and the do the old “Marty McFly” as the guards stare in bewilderment shorty before we zoom up past the window on Typho’s mighty wings. Paladin special mount can be summoned to my side once a day; I just didn’t want him getting chain golemed!
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2023-01-30 at 08:37 PM.

8. - Top - End - #668

That would be very cool. Not necessarily a clean escape though if we still want to meet up with Maiabel then lay low for the night.

Edit: It's a scroll, so I assume it just uses minimum caster level. Is that right?
    Last edited by Waistcoatwill; 2023-01-31 at 01:06 AM.

9. - Top - End - #669
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Waistcoatwill View Post

Edit: It's a scroll, so I assume it just uses minimum caster level. Is that right?
    That's potions

Scrolls use your caster level

But you'll have to cast read magic then read the damn thing while we are in free fall.
    Festival of Heroes:

10. - Top - End - #670
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by MrAbdiel View Post
    [roll0] initiative.

Hilariously, I burned my feather fall spell testing to see if the cuffs were magic nulling. But what I can do, if JBE permits us just a smidge of rule flex to finish this scene in a cinematic way, is command us all to leap out the window at once, and the do the old “Marty McFly” as the guards stare in bewilderment shorty before we zoom up past the window on Typho’s mighty wings. Paladin special mount can be summoned to my side once a day; I just didn’t want him getting chain golemed!
    I’m 100% on board with this, go for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by RadarMonkey1 View Post
    I suddenly feel that my character is not as optimized as it could be...

Oh well, it should still be fun.

11. - Top - End - #671

NecromancerGirl

That certainly does sound impressive. As Waistcoalwill said, might be hard to get away without being noticed, but it's certainly the cinematic route!
    Quote Originally Posted by Potato_Priest View Post
    Honestly, most players would get super excited about Zenob the god of crabs because it's eccentric. I know I would.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    But a friendly reminder that, by RAW, this game is unplayable

12. - Top - End - #672

Quote Originally Posted by JbeJ275 View Post
    I’m 100% on board with this, go for it.
    All ahead full then!

Edit: Ah, cheers for clarification Darius! Disguise self would have lasted another 60 minutes, oh well!
    Last edited by Waistcoatwill; 2023-01-31 at 01:59 PM.

13. - Top - End - #673
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Raven View Post
    That certainly does sound impressive. As Waistcoalwill said, might be hard to get away without being noticed, but it's certainly the cinematic route!
    I figure our chances of getting away cleanly and quietly are pretty much whacked. I'm hoping for two things.

1. A loud exit will give Maiabel a sign to react to - or atleast scuttlebutt she can hear from the other resistance slaves. "A little dragon flew over the city out to the north!" etc.

2. These decadent and degenerate elves rely on their magic too much, and the crown I have just happens to have a once per day non-detection cast I intend to use once we're out of town. So hopefully they'll sit smugly like "heh, we took a hair sample and we'll just scry up the prisoner and his friends." 404 fugitive not found.

Long shots, but long shots are the shots we get to take now!

Edit: EYYY and I rolled good on my theoretical counterspell too! Poor Lamorak really needs a moment to feel like a badass after flailing embarassingly at that wall and those constructs.
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2023-02-01 at 03:50 AM.

14. - Top - End - #674

Great plan, Cypher will just ready an action to do that if he's left in a fit state to after the elves go.

Don't worry, the elf that got away didn't see that, I think his reputation should be no worse off for those blips.

15. - Top - End - #675

NecromancerGirl

While Maiabel waits for something to do, I decided to re-read the recruitment thread for this as well as the first half of this OOC thread, as they contain some juicy bits of lore. Chief among them being MrAbdiel's wonderful writeup of Lamorak's backstory.

Related, did you know it's been almost a full year since we began this journey? And we're still stuck in elf-land. But, we're still going, and that's more than a lot of threads can say!
    Honestly, most players would get super excited about Zenob the god of crabs because it's eccentric. I know I would.

16. - Top - End - #676

I just had another game that had started well fizzle unexpectedly, so I'm really grateful that we're still going with this one!

17. - Top - End - #677
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

While Maiabel waits for something to do, I decided to re-read the recruitment thread for this as well as the first half of this OOC thread, as they contain some juicy bits of lore. Chief among them being MrAbdiel's wonderful writeup of Lamorak's backstory.

Related, did you know it's been almost a full year since we began this journey? And we're still stuck in elf-land. But, we're still going, and that's more than a lot of threads can say!
    Now I have to reread that backstory to insulate myself against the instinct to accidentally play as if Lamorak had a heart of gold, like most of my characters do. Stupid basic paladin instinct; you're a fratricidal monster now! Embrace it!

Sorry again about the split party and the elf-land delay, Dusk Raven. But I too am glad we're still going and that you've hung in there while Lamorak bumbled his way into jail and Cypher and Sharkan fought an endless procession of elves and constructs in their attempt to rescue him! Once we're all out of this place, we'll go and do something Maiabel-suited; like ambushing and massacring a convoy of our foes, maybe!

I just had another game that had started well fizzle unexpectedly, so I'm really grateful that we're still going with this one!
    Agreed. Happy anniversary, team evil!

Now, JBE - I was going to post just now and realized I don't know what surrounds the city except the beach we came in on. Is there a forested side? Lamorak is planning on going somewhere they can physically lay low, but trying to leave sign for Maiabel to find and follow them while sending Typho off to make misleading tracks elsewhere. Feels like a use of bluff to make selectively misleading signs, so I'd take 10 for 25 if I can; or (1d20+15)[29] if I can't.

18. - Top - End - #678
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGuy

The area directly around the city is basically cleared to prevent smuggling and approaching the city unobserved. After that it’s a lot of farmland for a fair while, mostly big plantation style fields, though given it’s neither harvest nor planting season they’re fairly empty. Past that there are some hills up the eastern coast that have some patches of forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by RadarMonkey1 View Post
    I suddenly feel that my character is not as optimized as it could be...

Oh well, it should still be fun.

19. - Top - End - #679
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Hmm. Yuck. Well, we're looking for some place discrete to land and regroup, hopefully avoiding an enemy hunting party, too. Perhaps my excellent advisors with better observation skills can spot something?

20. - Top - End - #680

Cypher is looking for somewhere along the wall that could provide them with cover to stop off and sneak back into the city. Seemingly his eyes are good even if the city planning is unfamiliar.

21. - Top - End - #681

Sounds promising! We could try featherfalling off whilst Typho flies through the smoke and hide ourselves somewhere in/around that structure for a bit then try to get into the sewers or something?

22. - Top - End - #682
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Sharkan would like to store himself AND the lord within the bag please. lol
    Festival of Heroes:

23. - Top - End - #683

I meed to get a bigger bag! Has Sharkan considered NOT cleaning everything with his tongue?

24. - Top - End - #684

NecromancerGirl

Can't Lamorak still cast Feather Fall? I thought Assassins were spontaneous casters? It does say they cast spells exactly as a Bard does...

25. - Top - End - #685
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Let us know what rolls we need for landing and hiding in the flithe
    Festival of Heroes:

26. - Top - End - #686
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Can't Lamorak still cast Feather Fall? I thought Assassins were spontaneous casters? It does say they cast spells exactly as a Bard does...
    *Blinks... Looks at character sheet. Looks back.*

I...don't... know why I forgot that.

I think when I was adding markers to my Paladin spells that had been cast from memory I just automatically marked up my Assassin spells the same way.

...Huh. But you're right, and I'm wrong! I can indeed cast again today (twice) from my Assassin list!

27. - Top - End - #687

Cool, Cypher can still potentially help Lamorak with timing the jump if you want to save him using his scroll.

28. - Top - End - #688
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Cool, Cypher can still potentially help Lamorak with timing the jump if you want to save him using his scroll.
    Make it so! We are evil, not spendthrift.

29. - Top - End - #689

Edited the post!

30. - Top - End - #690

NecromancerGirl

Glad to help! I was reading Lamorak's sheet when something clicked and I thought, "Wait... are Assassins prepared or spontaneous casters?" So I decided to look them up, and turns out they're the latter. Lets us save a scroll for another day!