New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Re: As You Command OOC

Honestly if you can think of something constructive to do on a mission go ahead, but I’m not giving XP for fights purely for the point of fights.
    Quote Originally Posted by RadarMonkey1 View Post
    I suddenly feel that my character is not as optimized as it could be...

Oh well, it should still be fun.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Bugbear in the Playground

Murdering the alchemical waste golems before the breakout could be a good plan, but I imagine some kind of alarm would go off.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGuy

I mean if you did it literally minutes before and then just sprinted from the fight there to pick up the prisoners and then back you might be able to outpace an elvish response, but even then you don’t know enough to be confident that they won’t respond while you’re midway through extracting them.

4. - Top - End - #754

That makes total sense! They'd probably tale a walk through of however much of the escape route they could manage without risking discovery, to make things run a little more smoothly.

Thanks for the disposable prisoner idea. Sounds like something we'd leave to the boss to ask about.

5. - Top - End - #755

@MrAbdiel: Chilling chamber looks perfect! I've not come across it before. Cypher can give it and ice slick a go on the first day to see how well they work!

6. - Top - End - #756
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

I love ice slick; my only fear is that we get to the tunnel’s top, the elemental bores through the lock rock, we chill it with an ice slick.. the. Lamorak falls on his ass and slides 30ft back down the pipe while trying to get into the room! But my thoughts are mostly anything we can cast from a cheap scroll is another spell a lot to protect our butts from the enemy.

7. - Top - End - #757

Oh yes, got to make sure we have an appropriately dignified entrance. Freeing up slots for something else will be great too!

8. - Top - End - #758

Apologies if this is just silly. If we cast fly on Typho he'll technically go up to good manoeuvrability. That might work.for fighting in a tunnel. If there are scrolls of ice magic so cypher cab free up a slot he could potentially get typho up to perfect from there.

9. - Top - End - #759
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

I've thought about it! But it's like a minute per level, and it might get dispelled, and if he gets whacked in there by a chain golem then I can't resummon him for a while... It's probably not worth it, I reckon.

10. - Top - End - #760

Could work for the alchemical golems maybe? We can see what state we're in by then.

11. - Top - End - #761

NecromancerGirl

Just wanted to let you guys know that I'm still here, I've just been super distracted lately... and also, I'm rather ignorant of what's possible with even mid-level 3.5, which is unfortunate because of the party, I'm probably playing the character with the highest theoretical number of options.

Thus, I have little to contribute in the vein of ideas, in-character or out. As stated before, if you've got it written in a spellbook, Maiabel can prepare it, but she can also just prepare any divine spell, full stop. I may look through a list of 1st or 2nd level divine spells to see if there's anything that would be helpful, though I'm not optimistic.

The other thing at my disposal is my flexible bonus feat, which I probably could use to get a Mountain Hammer maneuver, though I don't recall what the recharge mechanic on it would be - I think it would be the same as my other maneuvers, aka a full-round action to get it back. Would that help?
    Quote Originally Posted by Potato_Priest View Post
    Honestly, most players would get super excited about Zenob the god of crabs because it's eccentric. I know I would.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    But a friendly reminder that, by RAW, this game is unplayable

12. - Top - End - #762
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

So my thought process is brass knuckles can be used to deal unarmed damage to bypass DR issues, not needing magical knuckles, just something to help Sharkan bypass the DR and Hardness of the Golems with his hands. money wise, I probably have about half of what is wanted for something like adamantine. let me know if Im off base.
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

13. - Top - End - #763

I think I said Cypher just bought 250gp worth of cash with him, which you can have. Converting it into art object and platinum seems more sensible in retrospect.

Edit: Selling the bracers and one or both spell books may help though!
    Last edited by Waistcoatwill; 2023-04-05 at 07:13 AM.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Sharkan has 1800 gp on hand, but hed rather not spend all of it.

Thanks for the loan!
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

15. - Top - End - #765
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

I figure we can wrangle them into just lending us the adamantine weapons - it's for their liberation, after all.

And Dusk Raven! Thanks for chiming in to let us know where you were at. My 3.5e Fu is weak and petty compared to what Waistcoatwill, JBE and Darius bring to bear; and given that JBE is not compelled to assist us, perhaps the other members of the inner court can offer some divine spell suggestions!

16. - Top - End - #766

Don't sell yourself short! I'm no great shakes but I was wondering about something like obscuring mist or darkness as Cleric spells to impede the chain golems from taking out the escaping prisoners? Harder for us to target them back though.

Since the Maiden is covering the cold stuff Cypher will take web to help keep the chain golems stuck in the lift shaft a but longer.
    Last edited by Waistcoatwill; 2023-04-06 at 07:31 AM.

17. - Top - End - #767

Those spell books like very handy for Maiabel!

We can sell one for a tidy sum and keep the other. Cypher may ask to borrow it for the odd divination or conjuration spell as he can't use necro, evocation or enchantment with his normal wizard side.

18. - Top - End - #768

@Jbe - if we're potentially selling stuff ti the rebels.do.we.need to.RP that? Thinking about the bracers of armor and spell book.

Otherwise Cypher is good to.go.for day 1 of the breakout attempt.

19. - Top - End - #769
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

No purchases for Lamorak - he'll just take one of those maces for borrowsies!

20. - Top - End - #770

Sorry for my dithering with selling stuff, can sort that later if we survive, should have everything we need to crak on now!

21. - Top - End - #771
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Hooray! Rest!

22. - Top - End - #772
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGuy

I am setting up the next scene rn but it’s a really busy time for me IRL rn so there might be a delay to it.

23. - Top - End - #773

Thanks for letting us know, best of luck with the IRL stuff!

24. - Top - End - #774
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Woo hoo! Showtime. Lamorak's Initiative is (1d20)[10]. For his preparation, he's going to cast Magic Weapon on the adamantine mace (taking the spot of the "Protection from Good" he normally memorizes for the day).

25. - Top - End - #775

Sorry, my time management has been naff so far this week. Will post tomorrow afternoon though. So excited!

26. - Top - End - #776

Initiative plus nerve skitter (1d20+13)[18]

Cypher's haste lasts 7 rounds, is the one he expended still going at all?

How wide is the tunnel to/opening of this part of the pit? Cypher wants to catch the front runners in a web across the tunnel, ideally as far away as possible in case they have a very ling reach.

27. - Top - End - #777
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGuy

For map details see roll20, and feel free to place tokens while you're there it's a series of connected chasms and there is a good choke point between the two. The issue is more that these side

The haste spell was to allow the creature you summoned to make a tunnel more quickly so you could make it through the Lock-Rock before the gas could do more than start to spill out in the most distant chasms so it wasn't applied to yourself, of course you could have cast one on yourself in prep time if you so wished.

28. - Top - End - #778
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

HAIR BALL! PROTECT US FROM ELVISH ARROWS!

(1d20+4)[8] Initiative
    Festival of Heroes:

29. - Top - End - #779

Quote Originally Posted by JbeJ275 View Post
    For map details see roll20, and feel free to place tokens while you're there it's a series of connected chasms and there is a good choke point between the two. The issue is more that these side

The haste spell was to allow the creature you summoned to make a tunnel more quickly so you could make it through the Lock-Rock before the gas could do more than start to spill out in the most distant chasms so it wasn't applied to yourself, of course you could have cast one on yourself in prep time if you so wished.
    I feel like Cypher always includes himself in any casting of haste, if only for that cocaine-wizard hit, he probably included 5 of those folk clearing the tunnel.as well just to.male things efficient. Anyway I'm happy to have it worn off and he'll cast another one as a swift action when he was casting bite of the werewolf as they left the tunnel. 6 rounds remaining for both. Also hasting Sharkan, Lamorak, Maiabel, the Maiden if she came that far out, and the alchemist Lamorak wants to abduct rescue.

@Darius, Sharkan has excellent hacking skills!

30. - Top - End - #780
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGuy

Oh, I forgot how haste worked for a second there. Been playing too much 5e, you could have hasted all those people yes, but given it had to go on that creature that early yeah it would still be done. Certainly smart to reapply it now though.