New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Skyside 8: Base Violence and Unnecessary Change

[A Tankless Job]

The most dangerous assumption here is that this parachute would actually provide any amount of help if the tank actually was falling. Well, maybe Rose could get out, cut the parachute lines and take the parachute for herself. That might work and would be appropriately dramatic since everyone knows you have infinite time while falling to pull off something cool.

"Don't worry about it. That's why we're practicing before your evil reveal." Raven understands the value of practice. She practices her evil laugh and a small variety of monologues every day. Anyone who claims to be a natural at these things is just lying to cover up their own insecurities at how much effort they put into their lifestyle, as far as Raven's concerned.

The Empress of Everything tilts her head at Rose's question, in part because Rose's head was upside down. And now it's just sideways, but Raven's cat-like mannerisms make this all fine. "Hmm... I prefer bitter things. Maybe licorice. I'm pretty sure licorice is evil. I guess I also make an exception for Dark Chocolate."

For obvious reasons.

"Why, what's tomorrow?" Raven knows she hasn't forgotten their anniversary! She's pretty sure. Maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground

[A Tankless Job]

Raven couldn't possibly have forgotten their anniversary. They haven't even hit the six month mark yet, have they?

"Eh, tomorrow as in twelve hours from now? Not much. Like I said, it's mostly hypothetical." Rose shrugs, before cracking out a grin again. "Okay, okay, not entirely. One of the girls down in Marketing-" which had to be their most useless department, "-told me she wanted to try her hand at kissing up to the boss. Not literally, of course; if she tried that, I'd have to skip rope with her GI tract."

She wouldn't, actually, both because she finds that repugnant and because this marketer doesn't actually exist. But she suspects Raven might be more open to influence if she saw it was bi-directional.

"I doubt she's doing it purely because she likes working for you and wants you to know it; in the same conversation, she was pretty vocal about the state of the break rooms. She's trying to see about securing her own spot in the company so she doesn't have to worry about being a zombie this time next week." She lets out an affected sigh and crosses her arms behind her head. "I figured it wasn't a particularly bad plan... especially compared to the alternatives of fleeing the city or open rebellion. So I offered to ask for her. Oh, and bonus, I know what to bring to your room tonight, too."

Rose settles back into her seat, trying not to look or sound especially nervous. Here's the moment of truth... how does Raven respond to the idea of her employees reaching out to her?
    Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? 'Course ya do!

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

*gushes unintelligibly over our cat, Sunshine*

[Nexus characters, grouped by setting:
    Ouroboros: here
    Maesda: here
    Others: here
    ]

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

[A Tankless Job]

That was Raven's impression too! But time and shapes get so wobbly when you haven't slept.

Raven's attention, alas, doesn't go anywhere near what Rose was thinking it would, distracted almost immediately. "Marketing? We seriously haven't liquidated that department with acid yet? Remind me to do that when we get back."

It might be best if Rose doesn't remind Raven to do that.

But a sudden snap of Raven's fingers might make it all pointless, as the authoritative sound resounds within the tank. "Waaaaiiiit a minute. Marketing is perfect for what I've got planned with that moo cow hero! Damn, they really are evil," Raven admits, with some mixture of awe and pride in her voice. If they did decide to commit open rebellion like Rose is suggesting, Raven would be hard pressed to deal with the raw darkness that is marketing.

"Tell Marketing Lady to come up to my office in the morning. She has a job to do for her Empress that I think she'll enjoy." Doing extra work for your boss is like a bonus, right?

Speaking of, the mecha-zombies have returned the parachute to the tiny compartment and are scurrying away from the tank before anyone activates the electrified armor or the knee-cap chainsaws.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #274

[A Tankless Job]

...Brilliant. Now Rose is going to have to go to the trouble of finding someone in the marketing department to send in Raven's direction, or else risk exposing the (comparatively small) lie or giving the impression of being disobedient. And she didn't even get the answer she wanted. Nice one, Verdoyant.

Well, fine. If she's going to have to throw someone in the line of fire, she can at least cushion the blow for the poor girl.

Rose gives a little nod and gently presses forward on what she thinks might be the acceleration. "Sure thing. I'll send her up as soon as I can." Rose smiles.

And then a second attempt.

"What should I tell her to expect?" She asks. "The woman's going to be terrified when I give her that news. Most of the workers further down the totem pole are very afraid of you." She shrugs. "And well they should be. Part and parcel of the whole 'Evil Empress' package. Getting called up to your office is... well, I'm sure you've noticed how many of your more recent zombies came in with extreme blunt-force trauma. The kind that comes from jumping out the window from too high up."

"Point being, that awe-inspiring presence is going to work against us just a bit here. I'll need to put something on the other side of the scale so she doesn't bolt right that moment. It doesn't have to be much, just something she wants enough to take the risk that you're actually calling her up to personally eviscerate her for failing you somehow." Rose taps a finger to her chin, glancing furtively over at Raven to see her reaction.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

5. - Top - End - #275
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Witch Hunted]

Ocette hands over the seed with a nod. "The abilities come naturally. I did what made sense and it just happened."

That's sort of how the Magical Girl powers tend to be.

Less thinking less learning more doing.

The more imagination one has the more one can accomplish.

"I think I'm going to get out of Skyside and start exploring. I hate this place and I don't really want to see it anymore."

That an understandable feeling, given what she's been through.

Meanwhile!

Rolling the unconscious addicts. She'll have to rifle through the pockets of a few of them, but eventually she'll come away with enough for a meal.

[Waterlogged]

Okay so zombies aren't THAT weird of things to have showing up in Skyside.

But they're typically viral zombies or some sort of weird alchemical zombies, right?

What is definitely less typical are a bunch of bloated-water logged zombies climbing up out of the waterways running through the city, dripping with toxic runoff like it's no big deal, grabbing unfortunate passers by, and dragging them back into the sludge. A few of the monsters have been spotted topside, but considering the stories of the tunnel workers who toil away in the guts of the flying city that appears to be where the bloated undead and more uncanny horrors have been lurking. Working down there has grown nearly impossible thanks to the half-flooded tunnels, let alone the undead.

Any who decide to do something about this problem will be shown to a dark point access that leads into the sodden maintenance tunnels. This expedition will prove to be cramped, dark, and deeply unpleasant.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

Waterlogged

"I hope you're self-cleaning." mumbles Mina to her magical outfit-weapon-sidekick combo as she approaches the maintenance tunnels. She isn't afraid of getting wet. Sai's abilities means she's quite used to it. But maintenance tunnels are rarely the place for someone her size. This is likely to be a scouting mission. Take a look and get info for someone smaller. Maybe rescue a few people if she can.
    The massive minotaur can at least get the doors to the tunnels open fairly easily. Though given the intelligence of the zombies that have been reported (in HER neighborhood, of all places!) she doesn't think they're smart enough to have closed the door behind them after grabbing their hapless victims...
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

7. - Top - End - #277

[Waterlogged]

Will the magical weapon outfit sidekick say anything?

Or will Mina be left on her own to navigate this horrible murky maze of extremely punchable zombies?

Though...

Punching a bloated zombie full of water is probably going to suck.

Anywho!

The doors in question are one of those massively heavy storm cellar deals. The sort that people will typically use a lever to pry open. They aren't even locked or anything, just the sheer weight and lack of appropriate levers is typically enough to keep people out of the tunnels that shouldn't be down there. But given the fact that Mina is HUGE and BEEFY she shouldn't have any trouble just grabbing the handle and pulling it open.

She is immediately met by three things.

An overwhelming scent of brine.
    Absolute darkness.
    And a incessant, disconcerting sloshing sound.

Did she bring any lights with her?

Because the lights the tunnel is supposed to have appear to be dead.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

Waterlogged

Mina sighs. Her sidekick is definitely saying something but only into her head.
    Mina flips on one of her lights that is clipped onto her outfit. She needs a hand free for punching so she doesn't use a conventional flashlight. She did think to bring a spare in case this one goes flying. It's not terribly big even if it's using Skyside tech.
    The scent makes her want to sneeze, but doesn't stop her. She can't let those people die just because it smells bad. She enters the place, though with not a small amount of trepidation.

9. - Top - End - #279

[Waterlogged]

Mina is immediately confronted with two pretty unpleasant things.

First?

The water in this tunnel is up to her knees. It is cold and there are probably gross things floating in it. This is not fun.

Second?

She has to stoop to prevent her horns from scraping on the ceiling of the tunnel. Every time she stands up a little too fast there's a wonderful grinding sound that she gets to enjoy. This is also not fun.

Almost immediately Mina comes to a T-junction in the tunnels, one leading off toward the sound of heavily flowing water to the north. The southern tunnel yields only the sound of water lapping against the walls. So far no zombies have shown up. Just the smell of brine and the stink of dead fish. Really not a fun adventure.

But this is what happens when you sign up to be a hero, Mina.

You have to deal with gross smelling things.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

Waterlogged

This is going to give her such a terrible ache in her neck. Mina reaches back to tuck her tail into her belt to keep it as dry as she can for now. She knows it won't last long but just...ew.
    Mina picks the southern tunnel. Rapid moving water is liable to sweep her away and drown her. And it would probably make for a poor nest.

11. - Top - End - #281

[Waterlogged]

To the south!

Away from the thundering of flowing water.

Right into a net that springs out of the floor and aims to mash Mina into the ceiling rather painfully!

Can zombies even do that?

Lay traps for people?

Apparently these ones can because hey, net trap!

Weirdly enough the net is made almost completely out of... water? That's somehow solid?

Not like ice solid, either. Just regular water somehow held coherent by the crushing pressure of the deep. Which is also being utilized to try to crush Mina! It probably doesn't help that the water is deathly cold, too. To make matters worse she'll be able to hear shuffling, sloshing footsteps and gurgling moans approaching her in the dark.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

[A Tankless Job]

"Terrified? Good, but she should also be ecstatic at the opportunity to serve her Empress. Install more motivational propaganda speakers when we get back." Raven practically pouts. It's honestly an emotional roller coaster either way for said employees until they become Mecha-zombies.

"They know the rules. Anyone who bolts gets shot. But... I dunno... it's just a photoshop and billboard job. Tell what's her face if she does it right the first time she can... I guess have weekends off or something." That's something employees like. Or wait, did she already give them weekends off? What else could employees possibly want or need? "Either way, talented as they are, it's not a job for a mecha-zombie. So I can't kill her and get the job done. Sorta like that acquisitions guy that gives me the creeps."

Raven taps her armrest in thought. "As an aside, how many spares- err... people do we have in Marketing anyways?" Just in case the first woman doesn't work out.

The tank shudders and starts moving forward! Huzzah! That stick probably controls most all of the steering, give or take any wild features that involve the z axis.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

Waterlogged

Ugh. This is going swimmingly already. Mina reaches for Sai in her left hand, pointing it at the net. Sai can manipulate water so Mina attempts to use him to flow the water away from herself and onto another patch of the ceiling so she can safely fall to the floor before she gets mobbed by zombies.
    This has already put her in a mood to punch a few monsters.

14. - Top - End - #284

[Waterlogged]

Nooo Mina, please.

No puns!

The net is shoved aside effectively, which is good!

This results in Mina getting dumped into the water, which is maybe slightly less good.

Unless she manages to land on her hooves this means she's going to be totally soaked.

Regardless!

Zombies!

An trio of awful bloated corpses shamble around the corner, speckled with barnacles and caked with salt crystals. They get to work immediately. One of them vomits a disgusting spray of bilge-water at Mina! The water is deathly cold and will suck the regular water straight from her body, threatening desiccation. While she's dealing with that problem the other two zombies will rush (more like trundle) in and try to grab onto her with their sausagey fingers.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

Waterlogged

Mina is dropped into the water! Yay!
    Ew.
    Still she staggers to her feet, almost bumping her horns on the ceiling again. She spins with Sai, catching the spray with his power and flinging it back to sender (which probably does nothing but prevents any from being splashed on her).
    Then she steps forward, going low with an elbow to the zombie on the left and attempting to grab it over the shoulder and fling it into the other zombie.
    This would be SO much easier if she could stand straight and move full speed.

16. - Top - End - #286

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [A Tankless Job]

"Terrified? Good, but she should also be ecstatic at the opportunity to serve her Empress. Install more motivational propaganda speakers when we get back." Raven practically pouts. It's honestly an emotional roller coaster either way for said employees until they become Mecha-zombies.

"They know the rules. Anyone who bolts gets shot. But... I dunno... it's just a photoshop and billboard job. Tell what's her face if she does it right the first time she can... I guess have weekends off or something." That's something employees like. Or wait, did she already give them weekends off? What else could employees possibly want or need? "Either way, talented as they are, it's not a job for a mecha-zombie. So I can't kill her and get the job done. Sorta like that acquisitions guy that gives me the creeps."

Raven taps her armrest in thought. "As an aside, how many spares- err... people do we have in Marketing anyways?" Just in case the first woman doesn't work out.

The tank shudders and starts moving forward! Huzzah! That stick probably controls most all of the steering, give or take any wild features that involve the z axis.
    [A Tankless Job]

"I don't know for sure. I'd have to check." Rose admits, testing the stick's steering. She can't imagine it'd be very large; they don't have a whole lot to do and Raven or Accounting would have noticed a particularly large drain on resources, regardless of their budget.

"Weekends sound like a decent benefit. That should be enough to turn her head, at least." Rose adds, smiling to herself. It's something they should have had anyway, but getting Raven to willingly relent on that point still represents progress. "...For the sake of expediency, should I assume that's going to be the case for any position like that? If a mecha-zombie can't do it, offer it to an employee in exchange for weekends? I'd hate to have to bother you with this again every time an art or logistics job comes up."

Easy, Verdoyant. Don't get greedy. She agreed to this one, don't lose it over trying for too much.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

17. - Top - End - #287

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Searching for Truth]

Well, it doesn't take long at all before Bellena is wet. Completely wet. Ilpholin gets soaked! It's a shame her dancing outfit is so very silky and clingy. It becomes practically transparent with this sudden deluge of water bearing gargoyles.

Ilpholin takes a moment to stop as well and catch a breath. She's done enough friction burn damage to herself with that nonsense that she'd really rather not use the whip anymore. Fortunately this sudden influx of counter-fire elements provides her with some level of protection from the heat as her hand shifts to a saber and she darts back into range. This time going directly for the arm that's been keeping her at bay, aggressively looking to cleave into it and exposing its inner magma to the gargoyle suppression system. Probably a more dangerous play to Ilpholin if it works than if it fails.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [In Search of Truth]

Tina is shoved! There's an oof, a sound of impact... but she tries to trick the construct. Despite being a little more battered for the trouble, she hangs onto the construct's limb, trying to ride it back when its arm retracts again. With a scowl and using flutters of her wings, she tries to clamber up the machine's arm towards its 'head'. Which she will quickly try to batter repeatedly with her fists, which have about the same force and density as the swings of a maul.
    [In Search of Truth]

The arm is distracted enough by the sudden influx of the fire suppressant squad that Ilpholin can get in an attack it cannot block. This severs the arm from the hand which falls to the floor, its light quickly starting to dim. The water sprouting gargoyles possibly helping with that process. The rest of the arm quickly retreats into the body of the golem-

((So I'm going to break the fight the fight with the golem here as it feels like the momentum has been lost with how long it has taken for me to write up this post. The part seen above is what I wrote up earlier but never finished for various reasons. Then I just got mentally stuck unable to write more than that until now.

Instead, I'm going to skip ahead a bit to the point where the golem is no longer able to fight. Which really isn't that long.))

The floating armor no longer seems to have enough energy to even hold itself floating at this point and falls to the floor.

Tina will at this point get a sense of gratitude as the divine spirits that have been bound to the armor breaks free and are able to return to their home, free from Tellysandra's bindings.

However, during the fight the KABAL mercenaries that Anika and Ilpholin came across earlier have started to wander into the art display. Considering that the group just took out of of the guardians of the manor they seem rather hesitant at engaging with them and have retreated rather than started shooting at them.

But considering the alarm its clear that they probably need to get out of here soon as there's no telling what they might encounter next.

Anika have briefly returned to her humanoid form and looks between Ilpholin and Tina. "So do any of you guys need healing?"

18. - Top - End - #288

[Waterlogged]

Yeah!

Water bending minotaur!

The water smashes into the bloated vomit-zombie with terrific force, desiccating it, freezing its flesh, and crushing its bones.

That's...

Uh...

Just spraying water on something probably shouldn't do something like that. The water these monsters are spitting is absolutely rancid with dark magic, Mina. Be very careful.

Then should toss!

The zombies collide with each other, knocking them over into the waste deep water and causing them to vanish from sight.

...which means Mina can't see what they're up to now.

She'll hear some sloshing sounds moments before the prone undead try to grab onto her ankles! Ankle biter zombies are the worst.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

Waterlogged

Waist deep water for most people isn't waist deep for Mina, and vice versa. Waist deep for Mina is pretty darn deep!

But just because she can't see her hooves doesn't mean that they don't exist. Case in point: with a yelp of surprise her first response to some zombies trying to grab her from a lower position is to immediately attempt the Isaac Clarke Anti-Zombie Maneuver with her right leg as her left leg is currently being grabbed by GROSS ZOMBIES!
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2022-06-25 at 09:35 PM.

20. - Top - End - #290

[Waterlogged]

So...

Stomping?

Stomping works pretty well when you have big stompy hooves.

It is a little less effective when you're dealing with a bunch of water and spongy zombies.

One zombie gets stomped on really effectively! Mina can feel something snapping and squishing under her hooves! The other zombie is NOT stomped so effectively! It grabs onto her leg and begins swelling at an incredibly alarming pace!

This is likely a really bad thing.

Like...

Get the zombie off her and get away really quickly sort of bad.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

Waterlogged

Oh no that zombie is totally gonna blow up. Mina points at the zombie with Sai, trying to create a forceful spout of water at it!
    Hopefully it pushes the zombie away. If it lets go at all she's going to absolutely book it backwards as fast as she can in the deep water.

22. - Top - End - #292

[Waterlogged]

The zombie is shoved away a short distance and Mina begins booking it and then KABOOM!

zombsplosion.

The concussive wave and the shards of ice definitely aren't fun. Even getting caught at the edge of the blast like Mina was definitely isn't very comfortable. Major upside here is that the explosion ALSO pulverized the already badly damaged zombies which is a cold comfort.

Get it?

Because of the cold damage?

Okay yeah no that isn't funny.

There's another upside to the explosion, though. Mostly because other people heard it. A voice echoes down the halls of the sewers, though it's difficult to tell exactly where it's coming from. "HEY! Is someone else down here? Are you alright I heard a grabber blow up!"

Sounds like a woman? Her voice sounds a little scratchy.

There's a distant splashing noise, like someone running closer.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Orc in the Playground

Witch Hunted

"I'll join you. I wanna see the world, all of it. There's not going to be no stopping me." The gith grins wider. "D'you want to go catch a shuttle, or would you like a lift?" Immil'ryth wants to fly, and see everything. But she might as well give Ocette a lift to Groundtown if she wants it, rather than risk a rickety shuttle or whatever else is available to get to the solid surface of the Nexus.
    "You girls have fun. I'm gonna stay here. There's lots of girls about, they might need a mentor if the catfox goes to them. And even if they don't, then the Guild can't catch me, so I'll cause them trouble." Ystovelle also smiles, putting her new change in her pocket and leaving the addicts be. She's going to head to one of the markets for breakfast, even if the other two aren't hungry.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

Waterlogged

Mina stumbles back in the water, rubbing her ears ineffectually to stop the ringing. As well as trying to pick shards of ice out of her outfit. A few of them are stuck into her hide. Ouch.
    "I'm fine, mostly. Who's there?" Mina calls, standing still for now until she can identify the voice.

25. - Top - End - #295

[Waterlogged]

"If you're trying to put down these zombies, a friend."

A beat.

"I guess if you got yanked down here and haven't died yet then I'm a friend, too."

Another beat.

"Or... if you just wandered in. A friend on all counts?"

Sounds friendly enough.

"You're over by the snare, right? Hang on I just need to- GAH! No, shoo!"

There come some splashing sounds, followed some meaty thwack!s and something akin to an air rifle being fires. Just more... squelchy. Shortly there after a... thing... rounds the corner. It's roughly conical, a mass of quills about the size of a football with a single golden serpentine eye in the center. Caustic green fluid drips from the spines. Shortly thereafter a woman in cobbled together armor of scrap metal and cloth splashes around the corner as well. The most obviously immediate feature of her is the fact that she shares the striking eyes of the thing accompanying her. And also a 'crown' of six quills rising out of her dark brown hair at the back of her head and curving forward. Her outfit is mostly grab greens and browns and she's holding a shepherd's staff that looks to be made of bone (or maybe more quill?) in one hand.

As soon as she spots Mina she stifles a laugh, covering her mouth with one hand.

"Ah *snrk* you don't wander around in strange mazes often, do you?" she asks. "Sorry, sorry, couldn't help it. I'm Penna."

The woman smiles and drapes both arms across her staff as she hangs it across her shoulders.

"Soo... You want to save the city?"

[Witch Hunted]

"Sounds like a plan to me. But no, I think... I have an idea. Good luck, Ystovelle!"

Ocette is going to be heading to the edge of the city and using her wire to create a massive zipline running to a point a pretty significant distance away. Once it's secured she'll hop onto it with another wire in hands and go zipping away to freedom!

She could have just run down the wire.

That would have been a totally viable option.

But she thought this would be more fun.

"Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2022-06-26 at 08:24 PM.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

Waterlogged

Mina is sopping wet, cold, will be shampooing her coat for hours after this, and is already developing a backache from stooping over. She's going to look like a Tauren when this is done with. She's not laughing much.
    "My maze experience is fairly limited." she grumbles.
    "But yes. I'm game. Is that uh. A friend of yours?" she says, eyeing the cone-thing. Some kind of summon critter, maybe?

27. - Top - End - #297

[Waterlogged]

"Nothing like a little more adventuring experience then, right? Nothing like some disgusting sewer tunnels to clean the sinuses?" Penna replies, twisting back and forth a little as she approaches a bit closer. She's trying to be up-beat, here! Maybe she just isn't great at reading someone's mood.

Or...

Reading the mood of cow people.

She might not have much cow person experience.

"Great! Great. I'm not totally sure what their plan is. The dumb zombies are dumb but their bosses usually have SOME sort of plan. Or plot. Stratagem? Something. There should be a riftgate around somewhere that they're using to funnel in more monsters from Pontus. We find that and secure it and then we just have to clear out the rest of the ghoulies without being grabbed and we're good!"

Easy peasy.

She turns and begins heading back down the hallways the way she came.

"I came down through another access point this way," she says, pointing with her staff. "Haven't gone that far yet myself. Looks like we both stumbled in here about the same time! Crazy, huh? Oh, and that's just one of Echidna's eyes. Nothing to worry about. Mugged the dead goddess for some of her power a few years back before I rifted face first into the Nexus. Nothing to worry about! Totally safe. Unless you're someone I'm aiming to kill then it's pretty unsafe. Oh! Hang on a tick-"

And then she raises her staff above her head a wave of soothing green light bursts forth from her!

Mina will probably find her wounds have healed up a little and she's generally feeling more vigorous!

Also there's acid dripping from her fingers but ssshhhh that's probably fine.

Heading further down the tunnel they'll pass the access that Penna apparently used and shortly there after they'll find a big door! One of those doors with a big turn wheel for opening it. Next to the door are two lights inside rusty iron cages, one green and the other red. The red light is lit at the moment.

Should Mina try the door she'll discover that it's locked.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

Waterlogged

”Did the ceiling get higher in any of the rooms you passed through at least?” Mina asks hopefully.
    This is unlikely.
    She’s pretty impressed by the healing magic but ick why are her hands dripping green? Gross. Mina tucks Sai into her belt for his protection and holds her hands limply out in front of her so she doesn’t drip this stuff all over herself.
    Mina does in fact try the door. It may be locked but she is also pretty good at breaking things open.
    ”So red means no, huh?” she grunts as the door refuses to budge.
    ”What now? You see any levers?”

29. - Top - End - #299

[Waterlogged]

It is probably worth noting that the end of Penna's staff is dripping the goop as well.

"Oh! Right. Don't worry about the acid it won't burn you. Or your clothing. Or anyone you try to hug. Just things you're trying to hurt. It's very discerning acid."

She narrows her eyes slightly.

"Somehow."

It's a mystery.

Probably magic.

"Hmm..."

She tries smacking the door a few times with her staff.

That doesn't do anything.

Then she makes an overhead swinging motion with her staff toward the door, whereupon the eye of Echidna smashes into the door and explodes in a disgusting shower of acid and quills. The blast somehow manages to miss Mina completely. Doesn't do a great deal to the door, either.

"Woo, this thing is built. There must be a way to open it. I came down just over here so you've seen everything I've seen. Was there anything back the way you came from?" Penna asks.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

[A Tankless Job]

If Accounting has something to say about their budget, Raven'll throw a slightly radioactive gold ingot at their head.

Raven just waves her hand dismissively which probably isn't all that effective when sitting behind Rose. "Sure whatever. So long as they get the job done, I don't care what they have."

Unless they start raving about how nice Raven is. Or they aren't around to do things when Raven decides they need to be. Then there's going to be problems.

[In Search of Truth]

Ilpholin regroups with Anika and Tina, banged up and bleeding some black oil here and there, but generally in good shape overall. "I could probably go for some. After we get out of here. Let's move before someone gets brave or foolish." Ilpholin urges an expedient exit, they've already lingered dangerously long.

She's definitely going to want that healing before she turns her pain receptors back on though.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast