New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021
Results 601 to 614 of 614
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: As You Command IC

    Lamorak snarls. His first instinct, now that he has a moment to have one about the apparition, is that it's about the crown. Was this ruin the place from which the aquatic beast tribes fished up the relic, only to have it stolen away? Is this the ghost of some bereft monarch moaning to have their lost authority back? But the crawling blood on the floor suggests something simpler, and more in line with the tower's open obsession: blood. The thing craves blood, whether out of pure hunger or to reconstitute itself. Now the blood of the crustaceans was flowing - this must have been insufficient for the spectre's purposes.

    Now that he could understand that, perhaps there was room to bargain.

    "Burn the blood," he murmurs to Sharkan, before drawing his voice up, full and demanding.


    "You crave blood? And what will you give for it, that we cannot take with impunity?"

  2. - Top - End - #602
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: As You Command IC

    "Fool among fools! I want the wine not the cup! That they have drunk to deep from me already!"

    As it says this it continues slamming against the glass. The edges of it's form now seem to have turned almost translucent, blurring with the edge of the containment but they still seem unable to break through.
    Quote Originally Posted by RadarMonkey1 View Post
    I suddenly feel that my character is not as optimized as it could be...

    Oh well, it should still be fun.

  3. - Top - End - #603
    Troll in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Re: As You Command IC

    "As you Command my Lorrrrrd" he purrs under his breath. without the slightest flick of the wrist, two cats of fire leap from his back and lunge into the gathering pools of blood.

    Spoiler: Spellcraft
    Show

    Still Spell + Scorching Ray.

    (1d20+10)[13] Ranged Touch
    (4d6)[9] Fire damage

    (1d20+10)[23] Ranged Touch
    (4d6)[16] Fire damage

    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

  4. - Top - End - #604
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: As You Command IC

    The bloody form screams in frustration, before parts of it's form begin boiling. It spits out three missiles of boiling blood which slam into the door melting a small hole through the entre of it. The form lurches forward, getting ready to flow through the open gap in the door.
    Quote Originally Posted by RadarMonkey1 View Post
    I suddenly feel that my character is not as optimized as it could be...

    Oh well, it should still be fun.

  5. - Top - End - #605
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    May 2014

    Default Re: As You Command IC

    Creatures of blood are not Maiabel's strong suit, so instead of attacking, she moves over to her lord and, after dropping her offhand blade, pulls out her holy symbol and casts a spell of protection on the Dark Lord. She isn't sure if its protection will help against whatever this thing has in store, but at least the spell will last a little while.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Move Action: Go over to Lamorak.
    Free Action: Drop her off-hand.
    Standard Action: Cast Shield of Faith on Lamorak, giving him a +3 Deflection bonus to AC. This will last 6 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potato_Priest View Post
    Honestly, most players would get super excited about Zenob the god of crabs because it's eccentric. I know I would.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    But a friendly reminder that, by RAW, this game is unplayable

  6. - Top - End - #606
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: As You Command IC

    Cypher cycles through a chain of holy symbols, selects a particularly obscure one, and presents it with determination and something approximating conviction...

    Spoiler: Turn Undead!
    Show
    Being Waistcoatwill's Turnsman for the moment. He can turn 2d6+Cha+Factotum level undead, so that's 2d6-1+9.

    (2d6+8)[17]. Level 4 undead or lower are destroyed instead of turned.

    EDIT: Okay, wait, I've screwed this up a bit. That's turning damage. The turning check is just a charisma roll with +2 from knowledge religion. That roll was a 6, +2 for the knowledge, so 8. Which means he can turn an 8HD undead at most.

    Cypher cannot with this effect turn something with 9 or more HD. He can turn up to 17 HD of undead, but it's probably just the one, if it's any at all.

  7. - Top - End - #607
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: As You Command IC

    The creature seems almost relieved as Cypher raises his holy symbols towards the creature, only to mutter dejectedly and surge forward once more after his prayer fizzles out to nothing. Now Lamorak is one of the few with a chance to stop the creature.
    Quote Originally Posted by RadarMonkey1 View Post
    I suddenly feel that my character is not as optimized as it could be...

    Oh well, it should still be fun.

  8. - Top - End - #608
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: As You Command IC

    Unwilling to drive out ahead of his retinue and perhaps to get snared in a trap of some kind, Lamorak instead prepares; drawing up his shield finally, and squeezing the grip of his sword in anticipation…

    Spoiler: Actions!
    Show
    Move action don shield; Action to prepare Divine Counterspell on the gut instinct this thing is going to sluice into the room and cast something…
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2024-06-21 at 06:16 PM.

  9. - Top - End - #609
    Troll in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Re: As You Command IC

    In hopes that he can damage the ghost before anything else happens, Sharkan opens his fist as 4 spectral cats fly across the room to slam into the ghost.

    (4d4+4)[15] Force Damage

    Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Magic Missile


    "You stop that right Meow!"
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

  10. - Top - End - #610
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: As You Command IC

    The bubbling figure splashes and reforms as waves of cats tear into it, but the blood seemingly wraps around the cats and begins to drown them even as they naturally discorpoate giving off waves of forceful energy. The bubbling boiling mass of blood continues surging back and forth, but Lamorak's will, backed the stain of something not so far removed from fell divinity still whatever effect the bubbling blood is meant to produce before it can emerge. Instead it simply surges towards Lamorak, lacking anything that resembles a mouth but still screaming.

    "Why??? It's been so long why must you still bar me from this???"
    Quote Originally Posted by RadarMonkey1 View Post
    I suddenly feel that my character is not as optimized as it could be...

    Oh well, it should still be fun.

  11. - Top - End - #611
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    May 2014

    Default Re: As You Command IC

    Maiabel watches as the cats strike, uncertain whether or not her own blade will do much good. Still, she has to try. Taking up her usual flanking stance, she moves forward at rapid speed, circling around the... stuff before stabbing at it with her blade.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Should still have Island of Blades up, but if not, swift action to make it so.
    Full-Round Action: Bounding Assault. Aka, double move plus attack at +2. Going to move around and behind it.
    Attack roll: (1d20+18)[21]
    Damage: (1d6+10)[15] (includes +3 bonus for using a Diamond Mind strike)
    Quote Originally Posted by Potato_Priest View Post
    Honestly, most players would get super excited about Zenob the god of crabs because it's eccentric. I know I would.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    But a friendly reminder that, by RAW, this game is unplayable

  12. - Top - End - #612
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: As You Command IC

    "You invited your own destruction when you attacked, you foolish whelp of forsaken sorcery! If you have a bargain to propose, you had best spit it out - before I send you spinning into a dry and bloodless hell!"

    Lamorak steps in then, flanking with faithful Maiabel and aided by the flashing strikes of Cypher's chain past his shoulders, seeking to drive his blade in and do... something like damage, where Sharkan and Maiabel have struck first.

    Spoiler: OOC: Attacks!
    Show
    Two attacks, and a hasted one. Lamorak has lost the +2 Strength from the crown because of his breakout action early, but he's still got some juice.

    (1d20+16)[30] for (1d8+3)[7] and (2d6)[6] Penetrating Strike.
    (1d20+16)[18] for (1d8+3)[6] and (2d6)[11] Penetrating Strike.
    (1d20+11)[13] for (1d8+3)[6] and (2d6)[2] Penetrating Strike.

    Cypher is also attacking, and his attacks are in the OOC. Then it's Sharkan's turn to pile on!

  13. - Top - End - #613
    Troll in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Re: As You Command IC

    Sharkan opens his fist as 4 spectral cats fly across the room to slam into the ghost.

    "Now would be a purrrrfect time forrrr you to stay dead."

    (4d4+4)[16] Force Damage
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

  14. - Top - End - #614
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: As You Command IC

    With the cruel strikes dealt with singing blade, the strange creature's form begins to diminish, blasts of magic further pounding it to fine, it seems weakening, though determined to bring a cost with it as the blood darkens and begins to boil far more intensely than Sharkan's cats could have ever caused... Lamorak's words though give it a mere moment's hesitation, it still seems ready to rend itself and the room asunder but speaks the first sane seemings words you've heard from the creature so far.

    "Ha! Forsaken sorcery indeed. All I am now and I'd rather be forsaken entire. Than stripped of the very magic that sung in my blood, have it be poured to another and I left other hungry because his family had the right titles and because 'the gifts follow the titles' in inheritence. Still, When you deliver my destruction you'll find I have that at least left to give!"

    There is not enough time to bring swords to bear as the built up boiling force seeks release, but perhaps something quicker than hefted blades?
    Quote Originally Posted by RadarMonkey1 View Post
    I suddenly feel that my character is not as optimized as it could be...

    Oh well, it should still be fun.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •