New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Re: As You Command IC

Try as she might, Maiabel simply can't see deep enough into the water to see her foes. Still on guard, she takes a moment to ready herself, refreshing her mind and body to use one of her maneuvers again. She also turns to Cypher and asks, "You wouldn't happen to have some water-breathing magic ready, would you? Or something else to deal with this situation?" Other than that, until the enemy shows itself again, she simply treads water and waits.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Taking a full-round action to refresh Bounding Assault.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potato_Priest View Post
    Honestly, most players would get super excited about Zenob the god of crabs because it's eccentric. I know I would.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    But a friendly reminder that, by RAW, this game is unplayable

2. - Top - End - #62

We should each have well over three hours of water breathing left from just before the assault began. I'm otherwise out of useful spells for fighting underwater I'm afraid. Wraithstrike will still help me get through their hide if they stay still for long enough to make it count though.

If the ship does sink, I could search the wreckage as it sinks for just over an hour before my light spell would fade, but that relies on the sea floor being shallow enough to swim back from. Up to 170ft I could at least communicate with the surface. Let us hope it doesn't come to that.

With grim determination Cypher pulls out a dagger as his lupine fangs retract once more.

Spoiler: AC
    Show
    AC South fish 23, otherwise 22

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

With a frown concealed by his helmet, Lamorak's eyes strain to track the movements beneath the water. The enemy seems to be disengaging up here; but if the ship is sunk they'll be robbed of their greater prize - a loss they can hardly afford so early in the rise of this new power. With Typho perched on the edge of the ship trying to spy the swimming creatures too, Lamorak rises in the saddle, tosses his lance to the deck, steps forth, and drops toward the water.

As he falls, his descent is mystically arrested by some subtle spell on his part, so that instead of smashing into the water and sinking like a stone, his fall slows until his body hits the surface, and his now free hand grasps a curl of the ship's ornamented side work. He dips his head beneath the surface, fruitlessly peering about for a moment, then raises it above again.

This would require intense precision and co-ordination - and a little luck.

Spoiler: JBE - Lamorak's super secret plan.
    Show
    Lamorak is counting on the hubris of the druid and his minions, seeing the armored dark lord in the water, and finding that too good of a target to ignore.
    He expects to be charged by one, or both, of the giant attacking creatures that are the real threat to the ship.

Lamorak dropped his lance as a free action, moved off the side of the ship as a move, used Featherfall as an immediate. I made the assumption that there's something on the ship's side to grab on to because this is a super fancy flag ship, and there's often ornamentation, or carved lugs, or whatnot to grasp on the exterior. If not, he should still have a turn before I start making swim checks to see if I sink.

With the remaining half-action, Lamorak is Readying an action to cast True Strike once Typho comes into range to benefit from it.

Typho, on the deck, is taking the Ready Action to charge the first enemy that moves up to his lord, close
    enough to the surface to attack him. Note that there's some dissent on whether you can prepare an action for a 'partial' charge, since the rules let you use a partial charge when you have a confined action but technically that's not your turn... The internet seems split. If you decide you can ready an action to make a partial charge, then Typho is readying his action to charge. If you decide otherwise, he's readying an action to make an attack (specifically a grapple), and as part of that he'll take a 5 foot step and fall off the boat into the water just infront of, or beside Lamorak who is against the boat's hull right now.

The basic premise of the gambit is Ramfish charges Lamorak. Typho interrupts Ramfish, charging/stepping into the water. Lamorak interrupts Typho, casting True Strike, effecting himself and Typho. Typho resumes his interrupted readied action, making a grapple attack on the Ramfish. It's almost certainly going to be successful because of True Strike. If he was not able to charge, then the Ramrish resumes its turn, possibly making an attack on Lamorak (Them's the breaks). If the Partial Charge is allowed, then Typho can actually wing over, and start flying up, carrying the Ramfish out of the water. Since the internet tells me a shark the size of Ramfish weighs about 800-900 lbs, that's within Typho's Medium carry, and he should be able to haul that thing into the air and, next turn, dump it to die on the deck of the ship.

That's the plan!

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Darius Vibrtrar View Post
    Sharkan looks over the sailors who have been now trapped below deck.

"I am a reasonable Man. Any of you who assist me in finding the cargo I seek, will live to see tomorrows sunrise. All others, will perish. Choose now."

He gives them a moment to decide, the first to hesitate gets a pair of Flamming Cats [Scorching Ray] to the chest.

"Choose now."

Sharkan would repeat the process until he recieved assistance in finding the cargo he sought, with his conjured companion assisting.
    One of the Sailors, a weather worm looking woman manages to stammer out a reply while the others are struck silent.

“What in hells are you even looking for here?”
    Quote Originally Posted by RadarMonkey1 View Post
    I suddenly feel that my character is not as optimized as it could be...

Oh well, it should still be fun.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Sharkan smiles to the woman, drawing nearer.

"Your treasures... artwork, precious metals, coin, the gifts for the emperor. "

He eyes the ones who have not yet spoken.

"If you wish to live longer, I suggest you aid in our search of your vessel, even if you do not yet know where the treasures are."
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGuy

Within the hold, chaos continued to largely reign with Sharkan seemingly being the only one to contest it's throne, and the sound of further impacts outside only reinforcing chaos' legitimacy. The ones who have not yet spoken are spurred into action, running for the door Sharkan came down through with shouted and hurried deference. Some run to other rooms along the same central corridor while others make their way above decks. The woman, meanwhile, returns Sharkan's smile as the others run before them.

"Well, I'm sure I don't know about any artwork or anything like that. But if it's the imperial gift you're looking for it's going to be in one of the four rooms at the end of the corridor."

With that said, she steps past Cypher and makes her way towards the end of the corridor and the rooms she marked out, the sound of fighting drawing closer as she does so.

On the other side of the ship's hull things are rather more confusing, the far off sound of thrashing goring and biting slowly fading in the depths below, as long seconds pass and your eyes scan the lightless depths. Then they rebound back up at you, positioned swapped between north and south as the more weakened beast opportunistically strikes at the partially exposed dark lord and the less hurt one charges up at the Dark Lord. The druid seems to have made himself scarce, but his Hippocampi remains beneath the water, seemingly waiting for something, it's bond with the druid giving it far more tactical consideration than the angry beast you're engaged with.

Those beasts are not easily dismissed though, as both of their blows land. One smashing bank into the weakened section of hull, causing it to strain and spring a multitude of small leaks as the battered wood rapidly approaches its breaking point. The other makes contact with Lamorak, and while the Dark lord manages to turn enough to take the blow on his armour the sheer momentum of the beast still sends him hurling into a hard collision with the hull, leaving him bruised and nearly breaking ribs. However, in their enthusiasm the Ramfish have left themselves exposed for your gambits and counter attacks.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Spoiler: OOC Actions, Rolls First Then Decription!
    Show
    Lamorak Aid Another: [ROLL=VsDC10]1d20+11.[/ROLL]
    Typho Touch-Attack Charge (1d20+11)[27] to hit touch AC on the Ramfish.
    Opposed Grapple: (1d20+17)[20], +2 if the Aid Another was successful. If the grapple succeeds, Typho deals (1d8+7)[10] Damage.

Hammered back into the hull, Lamorak's roar of pain - or perhaps satisfaction, somehow? - comes out in a cloud of red-tinted bubbles; his armor spikes raking and scoring the vehicle's hull behind him. But as the fish slams into him, his grip struggles for its horns to lever them upward as Typho above smashes his claws through the water's surface, seeking to grapple the piscean monstrosity.
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2022-02-25 at 07:15 PM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGuy

Despite all of Lamorak's and Typho's combined fury they lack enough leverage to effectively wrangle the immense fish, Typho's claws making contact with the slippery scales but failing to wrench the thrashing fish into its grasp.

9. - Top - End - #69

Cypher lashes out again and again with his tiny dagger, unable to get quite the power behind it he would like. If he and Maiabel could at least butcher this one they'd have a chance of saving the ship.

Nice work Maiabel, at the very least we might be able to feed the troops fir a while on this. Beware that Druid's creature over there, I don't like the way it's watching us!

Show

Readied action stab if applicable, 5ft foot step to get within 5ft again, swift action Wraithstrike to make sure things hit, then full attack with the dagger.

Dodge now on this beast.

10. - Top - End - #70

NecromancerGirl

Maiabel descends underwater, just enough to be within stabbing range of the nearest ramfish. Forgoing the use of her martial maneuvers, she opts for a flurry of strikes instead. Unfortunately, her wild stabbing fails to pierce the ramfish's scales, and she lets out a grunt of what might almost be frustration.
    Honestly, most players would get super excited about Zenob the god of crabs because it's eccentric. I know I would.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

The gambit has failed; but the fight is still on. Typho, now in the water, bites and thrashes at enemy, instinctively heeding his master's intuitive command. Lamorak, for his part, begins to sink; kicking to keep himself from plunging too far, but descending all the same. But with Typho on one side, the vector for a more precision attack is opened; and with the spikes mounted on the bracer of his armor, the prince who would be Emperor strikes with wicked, murderous precision.

Spoiler: OOC Actions: Or atleast he tries!
    Show
    Typho bites!

TyphoBite1 - (1d20+11)[30] for (1d8+7)[12]
    TyphoBite2 - (1d20+6)[24] for (1d8+7)[13]

LamorakArmorSpike1 - (1d20+13)[30] for (1d6+3)[9] piercing, plus (5d6)[17] sneak.
    LamorakArmorSpike2 - (1d20+8)[19] for (1d6+3)[9] piercing, plus (5d6)[19] sneak.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Sharkan takes a moment to take a weight of her words and stance. He quietly follows.

"It seems you are the only one to wish for your continued life."

Sharkan continues to direct his unseen servants to search the rooms for wealth as he moves along.

"Open the door." He says to the woman.
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGuy

Under the water the Ramfish that had pinned to Lamorak thrases mightily as the drakkensteed wrestles with it, but falls still as the Dark lord's careful movements guide a spike on his arm to the beast's throat. Cutting some immense vein and holding the beast still as it weakens, immense clouds of sanguine fluid filling the surrounding waters until the tail ceases' it's desperate thrashing and unconsciousness claims the mighty creature.

On the other side the dark lord's council strike with similar fury, but Maibel's strike fail to connect and Cypher's daggers cannot inflict the deep and jagged wounds of his prefered weapons. Thus the beast survives to make a desperate thrust against the hull, and this strike is one too many for the hull to hold out against. With a crash of water breaking through battered timbers seawater floods into the space beyond, the neighbouring areas of hull shudder shake and begin to shear, robbing those underwater of handholds as the ship suddenly begins to descend. The Ramfish being used to strong currents holds itself in place, but it's a difficult thing for you to manage as your fingers pry for handholds that disintegrate as you grasp for them.

As you see the ship begin to ponderously descend you recall that there are any number of manoeuvres a trained captain can take to prevent a ship sinking under such circumstances. Tragically you also remember that any trained captain this ship once held long since lept overboard. This nearly steals your focus as a razor quick streak of blue-green horseflesh whips past you, stealing into the newly opened gap in the hull and surging back out with a length of chain in its mouth, trailing back into the gap behind it.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Cypher and Maiabell make a DC 16 Swim check to avoid being swept by the water. If you are swept up you become pinned for one turn and must make a DC 21 Fortitude Save to avoid being slammed into the hole in the hull, moving 10ft inside the hull and taking (1d10)[1] bludgeoning damage. Lamorak makes the same checks with Swim DC 12 and Save DC 17.

Sharkan, as you follow the woman's rapid footsteps they lead with some confidence towards the sound of increasingly violent clashes until the floor beneath your feet shudders and shakes as she opens the door before you. When the door opens you see an ornate lockbox being dragged by a chain, along the floor towards a massive gash in the ship from which saltwater billows forth, flooding the room ahead of you.
    Last edited by JbeJ275; 2022-02-27 at 08:20 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Sharkan frowns and begins casting. A large cats paw appears and strikes the back of the box to push it back towards sharkan and away from the hole in floor.

(1d20+15)[20] to hit the box
    (4d6)[20] non lethal damage to the box
    (1d20+8)[17] bull rush the box back to me

"Attendants bring to me what is in that box."

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    bigbys striking hand
    Last edited by Darius Vibrtrar; 2022-02-27 at 08:28 PM.
    Festival of Heroes:

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Beneath the water, through a haze of blood and salt, Lamorak's enemy falls limply away, but the sound of the hull buckling echos bitterly in his ears. Typo swims beneath him, and he settles gently into the saddle, spurring the drakkensteed on and up to break the surface and begin scrabbling against the side of the ship for enough purchase to take flight again. As he does so, he focuses his bitterness into a lens through which he can view the world and sweeps is over the ships hull and beyond to get a sense of his enemy's proximity.

Spoiler: OOC Actions for this turn!
    Show
    Typho swims under Lamorak, and prepares an action to surface so next turn he can start flying again. Lamorak uses his move to get back into the saddle, and his action to use his Detect Good through to the other side of the ship and down, to the region the hull is breached, to better plan his next turn's actions.

16. - Top - End - #76

Cypher is startled to feel a great rush of wather and completely unable to resist the pull of gallons and gallons of seawater rushing into the ship. He prangs his shoulder painfully on the sharp cracked planks around the hole and if he couldn't breath water might have panicked, pinned down as he was against crates within the hold.

Finally the pressure eases off slightly and he looks around dazedly. He finally spots the glowing cat's paw and it's controller. He gives a weak wave, all he can manage currently.

Sharkan, nice to see you. Not going so well out there. Is that the gift for the Emperor, found anything else?

Spoiler: Action
    Show
    Action - flop around like a wet fish.
    Last edited by Waistcoatwill; 2022-02-28 at 05:38 AM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"I suppose it is. What pray tell, is the situation beneath the boat. You seem to be having difficulty"

Sharkan speaks with slow purpose driven words as he concentrates on his spell

"There are still crewmen beneath the decks, one currently has secured thier livelihood for the future with me, the rest might as well have placed themselves on the menu."
    Last edited by Darius Vibrtrar; 2022-02-28 at 05:10 AM.
    Festival of Heroes:

18. - Top - End - #78

NecromancerGirl

Maiabel is swept up in the current of water as well, though she manages to avoid being swept into the ship itself. This helps her little, however, as she's left floundering in the open water with the ramfish still around.

Show
    I forget what exactly being pinned does, but I'm going to assume I'm not doing much of anything this turn.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGuy

The conjured paw immediately halts the movement of the box, the chain suddenly going taunt and movement temporarily ceasing. The metal of the box itself deforms slightly with an audible groan as the box is steadily dragged ten feet further from the hole, now sitting around fifteen feet from the opening of the gap, and holding steadily there for a few seconds until another almighty heave comes from the other end of the rope, trying to pull it back out into the waters. Sharkans constructs approach it, but the box is securely locked and while you could no doubt pry it open in time there's no obvious way to extract amid the ongoing struggle. The woman who guided you here looks at the battle between strength and sorcery and grins expectantly at Sharkan, grasping her hands together as she sees the scene in front of her.

The rest of you, previously left struggling against the onrushing water are relieved as the pressure begins to equalise, while water is still churning in quickly it lacks the immediate force of before. It remains difficult to swim in the water immediately around the gap in the hull, but no longer does the water threated to press you against any nearby surface with the sheer weight of onrushing water. Unfortunately the remaining fish seems more than eager to continue the fight while you were pinned, and resisted the onrushing water with a small amount of effort but without being swept away. It takes an opportunistic swipe at Cypher as he's swept past, then turns to savage Maiabell. The creature's attacks connect brutally, with Cypher's whirlwind dodging becoming impossible as he loses control of his motion and Maiabell suffering a bite on the shoulder, her chain shirt flaring up the in the water being the only thing that stops the beast finding purchase around her neck.

Above water the Dark lord takes flight once more, though he is perhaps annoyed that his spell to detect goodness finds little use on the waters below them. It's hard to tell whether the druid has fully fled, or was simply a man made loyal by oaths rather than his own inherent virtues, and the beasts your underlings are clashing with bear no greater driver than that of nature and training. Your altitude gives you leave to see your own flagship rapidly approaching though, having closed the distance much faster now that this ship is drifting to a halt, and perhaps only twenty seconds from pulling alongside the other craft.

Show

You are no longer Pinned but Swim checks to move about will be at DC16 to move about freely for the next few turns. Sharkan, have your hand roll to resist a pull at DC 28. After miss chances Cypher takes 13 Damage from an attack and Maiabell takes 11 Damage from one and 5 Damage from another.

Sharkan, make a Sense Motive Check, DC 15.

Last edited by JbeJ275; 2022-02-28 at 07:53 PM.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

As the first paw dissipates sharkan once again casts as a paw appears and attempts to push the box out of the room and through the doorway.

(1d20+15)[23] to hit the box
    (4d6)[15] nonlethal damage to the box
    (1d20+8)[22] bull rush the box away from the gap.

"Woman. Do you know where the key is for this lock box?"
    Festival of Heroes:

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

They emerge from the surf, Typho's breath heaving and misting with effort as the creature rises our of the water and into an ascending flight alongside the ship, curling around the foremast and swooping back along the other side of the ship towards the churn and swell of aquatic combat. As they dive toward the water's surface, Lamorak extends a hand and releases a single, terrible syllable of power just before the water steals his capacity to speak. A smoking black duplicate of the dark lord appears in a flanking position beyond the remaining Ramfish; shadowy and blurred but still lethally threatening. The betrayer prince himself smashes into the water, steed and man joining the combat in a cloud of roaring bubbles and a halo of dissipating blood like some bleak and jagged angel.

Spoiler: OOC Actions for this turn!
    Show
    It'll take Typho a full double move to gain the altitude he needs to get over the ship and to the other side, but it's still faster than swimming under it. So Typho's action is to double move, and then plunge down a little to get just below Maiabel and Cypher, in contact with the Ram fish to attack next turn. Lamorak's action is to prepare to cast Shadow Double once there's a blurry silhuoette of the Ramfish in view. That should allow him to cast it before Typho takes him into the water where he can't use verbal components!

The Shadow Duplicate threatens and can attack, but can't attack till next turn. And when it does, the Ramfish gets a chance to disbelieve. But until then, flank established!

22. - Top - End - #82

Cypher grunts in pain, finally noticing his blood staining tbr water in the hold. The pain gives him the strength to pull away from the crates he was pinned to by the flowing water. He disdainfully drops his dagger an unsheathes his whip-blade again. Swimming to the gaping hole in the hull, he calls over his shoulder to Sharkan

There's at least one big fish left. If can we limit any further damage our ships can still tow this ship home. If not, I can ride it down and let you know when I'm done searching the vessel.

Let's see if I can assist you with that box first.

With a resigned shrug Cypher powers towards open water,
    hoping his speed will safely circumnavigate the damned Ramfish. When he closes, Cypher's blade strikes towards the mouth of the hippocampus, attempting to displace the chain.

Drop it, bad fish!

Show
    Free action - drop the dagger.

Move - Edge only far enough to get within 10ft reach of the hippocampus and draw his blade, ideally staying within the ship but going into open water if necessary.

Action - Diasrm attempt (+10 Normal attack +1 haste, +4 knowledge devotion, +2 Spiked chain, +4 Improved disarm, +4 two-handed weapon, -2 slashing weapon under water)
    (1d20+23)[37] Opposed by a normal attack roll from the hippocampus (-4 if the chain counts as a light weapon).

He is hoping that either the chain will get pulled back inside the ship if released, or sink down a bit out of its reach so he can get an AoO if the hippocampus wants to pick up the chain again.
    Last edited by Waistcoatwill; 2022-03-01 at 11:22 AM.

23. - Top - End - #83

NecromancerGirl

Once again, Maiabel opts for speed over fancy maneuvers, and does her best to zone the beast out and maintain a defensive stance. The presence of her master, as well as her mounting wounds, give her strikes an added desperation. This time, most of her strikes find purchase, and she digs heavily into the monstrous fish with her blades.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGuy

"No. No I do not." Remarks the woman, seeming surprisingly casual and almost frustrated with Sharkan, as the chain and box both continue to strain now being steadily pulled back out of the hole. For a second some slack is introduced to the chain as something happens on the other end, but with you being forced to reshape and reform the fist providing force on your side this doesn't actually provide much of an opportunity as it's already overcome the fist's initial force. Steadily it's dragged back to being just five feet from the hole, with some almighty yank coming from the other end as you're forced to recast your fist yet again.

Lamorak and Maiabell, slash and crash into the Ramfish, now surrounding it with foes both real and illusionary. Maiabell's deep cuts almost open this being up entirely, and her presence combined with the threat of now being surrounded cause the Ramfish to flee back into the depths barely still conscious. It seems unlikely that beast will be returning any time soon.

Cypher's strike drags the chain momentarily from the Hippocampi' mouth, but Sharkan is only providing a series of striking impacts on the chain, not the steady force needed to take advantage of this momentary lapse. Soon the beast as the chain back in it's mouth and is once again swimming downwards with all of its strength, attempting to withdraw and take the box with it. With Both Lamorak and Maiabell struggling through the water some distance away it seems unlike you'll be soon to receive any reinforcements to kill this beast, but the chain is being held taunt between it and the boat as Sharkan next pulls on it, so denying it its prize may be more easier.

Show

Hippocampus got a 26 on it's pulling check this turn. The Ramfish has retreated and the Hippocampus looks to be doing the same. The only question now is whether it will do so with or without the crown.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

As the ramfish withdraws with its trail of clouding blood, Lamorak casts a baleful look after it before refocusing on the situation at hand. Typho closes the gap to the breach in the hull and, gripping it with his foreclaws, leans his serpentine neck up, out of the water, and chomps savagely down on the chain with a mouth full of powerful, crushing teeth.

Spoiler: Typhobite!
    Show
    Presuming it's a normal chain - Hardness 10, 5HP. Typho almost can't miss it, but still (1d20+9)[25] versus its AC. I'm going to assume hitting the same area of the chain repeatedly to break it is considered the smallest possible target, so +8 AC; -5 for its dex of 0, -2 for being inanimate and therefore unaware of the attack incoming as per the sunder rules, for an AC of 11. If Typho hits, (1d8+7)[9]. It's possible he could break it in one bite, but I'll continue this post with the assumption that he won't, and edit if it turns out I was wrong.

Lamorak, now close enough to climb from the saddle to wade into the slowly filling bilge of the ship, emerges sodden but focused; drawing his sword as he goes, and hacking roughly down at the chain links where Typho has left his mark.

Spoiler: LamorakChainSunder!
    Show
    (1d20+12)[14] to hit AC 11; (1d8+4)[11] damage. I'm guessing sneak attack doesn't apply to straight up inanimate objects, even with the alternate class feature!

EDIT: a total of 1 damage out of the chain's 5 HP from Lamorak. Blah! Dammit, Typho.
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2022-03-02 at 05:15 PM.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Seeing the lax and the pull sharkan has an idea.

"Attendents, push the box away from the hole."

He knows they are not strong enough to beat what ever is pulling the chain, but should there be a moment of lax again, they will be able to take advantage of it. He once again casts his magical paw to push the chest away from the hole

(1d20+15)[19] to hit the box
    (4d6)[11] nonlethal damage
    (1d20+8)[13] bull rush the box away from the hole

"Well then woman. Whats your name."
    Festival of Heroes:

27. - Top - End - #87

Cypher grows increasingly desperate as he feels his usual blistering speed begin to fade. As the druid's pet grabs the chain once more and turns to flee he flails madly with his whip-blade. The blade snakes out with less than his usual finess as he tries to keep pace, hoping that the the strai of the situation weighs just as heavily on the hippocampus.

Show
    For consolidation:
    AoO disarm attempt was 25 opposed by a normal attack roll from the hippocampus.

Swim check result was 24 to catch back up.

Assuming the hippocampus wasn't disarmed during the AoO Cypher tries to disarm again but rolled a Nat 1.

Haste ends for everyone.
    Last edited by Waistcoatwill; 2022-03-04 at 11:53 AM.

28. - Top - End - #88

NecromancerGirl

Maiabel swims the short distance to the chain, then begins to dig at it with her blades, hoping enchanted swordswords will win out over heavy chain links. She uses precision more than brute strength, picking at wherever the chains seem weakest - primarily, the spots she and her allies have already struck.

Show
    Five-foot step swim, followed by a full attack on the chain. Using Combat Expertise for the damage bonus, as usual.
    Last edited by Dusk Raven; 2022-03-04 at 04:41 PM.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGuy

While the dark lord's beast and Dark Lord's blade alike are near entirely rebuffed by the solidly worked iron, but his blows combined with the pulling of the conjured helpers keep it taunt and in place well enough. It seems like it's not going to be enough until at last the force on the chain from the other end suddenly evaporates. Leaving those you you above the water holding a dented and warped box, wrapped in chains and likely no longer so vulnerable to keys but not something that a few minutes of effort won't serve to open.

As for the others below deck, they would have seen that while the Hippocampi nearly got away, stubbornly refusing to give up the chain it held, that ceased to matter as Maiabell's shortswords eventually managed to break a single link on the chain, prying it open with precise strikes where it was under its greatest tension. The Hippocampi gives Cypher one last indecipherable look on it's equine face before heading off into the depths below.

Over the course of a few more moments, those of you below the waters are able to return, and leave the slowly flooding corridors in your wake. As you get out of the immediate flooding you note those few sailors that remained have all taken this last opportunity to flee the ship. A few of whom were shot down above decks by some of Zukad's men with bows but the majority of which made it over the side and are now the ocean's problem. Zukad himself has seen your flagship draw up alongside this craft and is ordering some sailors and carpenters to join the marines now checking the deck of the ship, with many of them bearing large watertight sheets and lengths of timber that seem to be tools for patching up hulls. The pirates lining your flagship, look greedily at this one, trying to gauge what they'll receive for their service.

The woman, whose face broke out in a grin as you Sharkan lifted up the warped box has continued to accompany Sharkan, giving her name to be Aulani, she initially seems glad, but as she continues to talk to Sharkan grows slowly frustrated.

Show

OK, Congrats guys. This first little in Media Res Combat scene is over and you've won a great victory. We're back to OOC time and are probably just going to take care of a few minor things before we cut back to the keep and he Dark Lord reveals any dastardly plans he may have plotted IC.

Notably, in everyone's favorite part of an encounter XP is handed out. Today between the various challenge's you've overcome you each get 3600 XP. Loot will be distributed later.

30. - Top - End - #90

Cypher breaths a sub-aquan sigh of relief as the chain goes slack and starts to fall past him. As the hippocampus stares at him and turns away he is overcome by one great feeling, which only builds as he slowly kicks back to the surface.

I. HATE. THAT. HORSE.