New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: [M&M 3e] Defying the Future OOC

First things first, rolling against the Secondary Effect from Floral's Affliction and Weakens (DC 25, +10 Perception, -5 Weakness, -2 Impaired, -10 Weakened): (1d20+7)[19]

The above may influence the result of this roll: (1d20)[9]
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #542
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

I need to get my thoughts in better order. I should roll one more thing.

(1d20+10)[20] !!!
    Last edited by Zelphas; 2024-04-19 at 11:05 PM.
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #543
    Ogre in the Playground

Perception DC 25: (1d20+20)[23]
    With your every step, these grand adventures shall grow more distant and faint. And there may come a day when you forget the faces and voices of those you have met along the way. On that day, I bid you remember this... That no matter how far your journey may take you, you stand where you stand by virtue of the road you walked to get there.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Titan in the Playground

Floral will Interpose for Ariadne.

Resistance (DC 28/18 after Partial Physiological Immunity, +4 for Floral Blood): (1d20+14)[24] Bruised
    Last edited by Quellian-dyrae; 2024-04-20 at 10:44 PM.
    A role playing game is three things. It is an interactive story, a game of chance, and a process in critical thinking.

If brevity is the soul of wit, I'm witty like a vampire!

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

5. - Top - End - #545
    Ogre in the Playground

What the heck, going to use my last HP to reroll that Expertise Magic check. Reroll: (1d20+20)[31]
    With your every step, these grand adventures shall grow more distant and faint. And there may come a day when you forget the faces and voices of those you have met along the way. On that day, I bid you remember this... That no matter how far your journey may take you, you stand where you stand by virtue of the road you walked to get there.

6. - Top - End - #546
    Titan in the Playground

Expertise (Magic): (1d20+10)[28] Clearly Lily's been paying close attention to Helios and Ariadne
    Last edited by Quellian-dyrae; 2024-04-27 at 06:34 PM.
    A role playing game is three things. It is an interactive story, a game of chance, and a process in critical thinking.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

7. - Top - End - #547
    Titan in the Playground

Persuasion: (1d20+10)[14]. LOL
    Last edited by Quellian-dyrae; 2024-04-27 at 08:16 PM.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

8. - Top - End - #548
    Ogre in the Playground

Expertise (Magic) (1d20+20)[30]

9. - Top - End - #549
    Barbarian in the Playground

Imp

Hero Point Reroll, Persuasion on Lucia Urquhart: (1d20)[4]

10. - Top - End - #550
    Titan in the Playground

Expertise (metaphysics) (1d20+15)[20]

11. - Top - End - #551
    Barbarian in the Playground

Imp

Resistance vs. vs. Damage Linked Launch: (1d20+10)[22]

12. - Top - End - #552
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Gabriel Resistance (DC 22): (1d20+12)[21] Entranced, Impaired & Vulnerable (this power)
    Last edited by Zelphas; 2024-05-04 at 01:12 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #553
    Titan in the Playground

Spending a Hero Point on Inspiration towards, uh, whatever Death is doing and what the connection between Death and Lucia is.

14. - Top - End - #554
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Spoiler: Nope, Inspiration Result
    Show
    How did the Deathwell work, based on your brief encounter? It created a Death-creature, that then infected others with Death-energy to make more Death-creatures that are fully connected to the original creature, spreading almost like a virus within its sphere of control. It's logical to assume that Lucia was "infected" in the same way--only it didn't take, or not completely.

How do Manchineel's powers work, based on your interactions? She doesn't create anything out of nothing, but instead warps and twists what she touches, usually as a means of "survival" or to serve a certain purpose. This also seems to apply to herself, from the way she's been speaking: the form of Manchineel was created as an "escape" from the Death-energy of the Well... or a way to adapt to it.

Put these together, and what do you get? Lucia, working on instinct, was not able to expel the Death-energy from her body, so she incorporated it instead, becoming the creature Manchineel. This served to mask and almost sever the connection between her and the original Deathwell, but seemed to come at the cost of most of her memories and the intensification of some aspects of her personality she considers "negative". When Lily re-introduced Death energy from the Deathwell into Manchineel, she strengthened the connection between Manchineel and the Well again, hence the "claws" feeling Lucia is undergoing. (Side note: Lily might want to make sure she's free from Death energy herself; the amount she has is only trace, but this stuff is concerning).

So, given all of this, how do Nope's powers work? He makes things into nothing, removing them from existence entirely--and the better he understands the issue, the better his chances of clean removal. What can he remove here? Removing Death-energy from Lucia is too complex for this moment; she's made it part of her being as a defensive measure, and so removing it might remove something she currently needs. Removing the Deathwell is too big, and the well is too poorly understood at the moment. Removing Lucia defeats the whole purpose of what you're trying to do. There may be more options (if you come up with something clever, go for it!), but right now I see two:

1. Remove the excess Death-energy that Lily introduced to the scene. Pluses: this is probably the easiest to conceptualize, and therefore will work with a minimum of effort. Minuses: this will almost certainly revert Manchineel back to the way she was before. Lucia's still in there, you can see that now, but you'd be starting ast square one.

2. Remove the relationship between the Deathwell and the Death-energy in Lucia/Manchineel. Pluses: Lucia/Manchineel will never have to deal with the Deathwell coming after them again, and Lucia's regained memories will most likely remain. Minuses: This is a more ambiguous thing to conceptualize, and thus has wider ramifications. Also, by removing this relationship you'd be essentially making the Death-energy in Lucia/Manchineel become her energy intrinsically, meaning that removing it would become a much, much harder prospect moving forward.

Hopefully, this isn't too much information.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #555
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

I'm going to roll three Gabriel Resistance rolls here. If she aces all three, she'll run away; she's faster than Lily is, and won't be Entranced in that case. If she fails at least one of them, she'll be Entranced again, in which case we can assume that the Concentration Repair Biology will eventually go through and get her all the way down to Transformed.

Resistance 1 (DC 22, -2 from Impaired): (1d20+10)[21]

Resistance 2 (DC 22, -2 from Impaired): (1d20+10)[19]

Resistance 3 (DC 22, -2 from Impaired): (1d20+10)[18]

She really tried, but that Impaired did it's work. Gabriel is Transformed!
    Last edited by Zelphas; Yesterday at 11:13 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #556
    Titan in the Playground

Nope Changelog (+5pp added)
    • Expertise 15 -> 20 (Added Expertise fields: Ancient History, Medicine, Mythology, Science, Surveillance Countermeasures)
    • Investigation 10 -> 11
    • Add Benefit 2 (Greater Metaphysician [+5 to Metaphysics Expertise])

Post-Scene 14 (Manchineel) Downtime Nopery! (5 actions + 1 from HP)
    • 2x Reputation Building (Fear of the Unknown), Stealth vs DC 20, routining for 30, adding 6 successes!
    • 3x Relationship Building (Uncle Bruno), Expertise (Gaming) vs DC 20, routining for 30, adding 9 successes!
    • 1x Nora, Where’d You Go?, Expertise (Metaphysics) vs DC 30, routining for 35, adding 2 successes!