New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: [M&M 3e] Defying the Future OOC

First things first, rolling against the Secondary Effect from Floral's Affliction and Weakens (DC 25, +10 Perception, -5 Weakness, -2 Impaired, -10 Weakened): (1d20+7)[19]

The above may influence the result of this roll: (1d20)[9]
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #542
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

I need to get my thoughts in better order. I should roll one more thing.

(1d20+10)[20] !!!
    Last edited by Zelphas; 2024-04-19 at 11:05 PM.
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #543
    Ogre in the Playground

Perception DC 25: (1d20+20)[23]
    With your every step, these grand adventures shall grow more distant and faint. And there may come a day when you forget the faces and voices of those you have met along the way. On that day, I bid you remember this... That no matter how far your journey may take you, you stand where you stand by virtue of the road you walked to get there.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Titan in the Playground

Floral will Interpose for Ariadne.

Resistance (DC 28/18 after Partial Physiological Immunity, +4 for Floral Blood): (1d20+14)[24] Bruised
    Last edited by Quellian-dyrae; 2024-04-20 at 10:44 PM.
    A role playing game is three things. It is an interactive story, a game of chance, and a process in critical thinking.

If brevity is the soul of wit, I'm witty like a vampire!

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

5. - Top - End - #545
    Ogre in the Playground

What the heck, going to use my last HP to reroll that Expertise Magic check. Reroll: (1d20+20)[31]
    With your every step, these grand adventures shall grow more distant and faint. And there may come a day when you forget the faces and voices of those you have met along the way. On that day, I bid you remember this... That no matter how far your journey may take you, you stand where you stand by virtue of the road you walked to get there.

6. - Top - End - #546
    Titan in the Playground

Expertise (Magic): (1d20+10)[28] Clearly Lily's been paying close attention to Helios and Ariadne
    Last edited by Quellian-dyrae; 2024-04-27 at 06:34 PM.
    A role playing game is three things. It is an interactive story, a game of chance, and a process in critical thinking.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

7. - Top - End - #547
    Titan in the Playground

Persuasion: (1d20+10)[14]. LOL
    Last edited by Quellian-dyrae; 2024-04-27 at 08:16 PM.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

8. - Top - End - #548
    Ogre in the Playground

Expertise (Magic) (1d20+20)[30]

9. - Top - End - #549
    Barbarian in the Playground

Imp

Hero Point Reroll, Persuasion on Lucia Urquhart: (1d20)[4]

10. - Top - End - #550
    Titan in the Playground

Expertise (metaphysics) (1d20+15)[20]

11. - Top - End - #551
    Barbarian in the Playground

Imp

Resistance vs. vs. Damage Linked Launch: (1d20+10)[22]

12. - Top - End - #552
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Gabriel Resistance (DC 22): (1d20+12)[21] Entranced, Impaired & Vulnerable (this power)
    Last edited by Zelphas; 2024-05-04 at 01:12 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #553
    Titan in the Playground

Spending a Hero Point on Inspiration towards, uh, whatever Death is doing and what the connection between Death and Lucia is.

14. - Top - End - #554
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Spoiler: Nope, Inspiration Result
    Show
    How did the Deathwell work, based on your brief encounter? It created a Death-creature, that then infected others with Death-energy to make more Death-creatures that are fully connected to the original creature, spreading almost like a virus within its sphere of control. It's logical to assume that Lucia was "infected" in the same way--only it didn't take, or not completely.

How do Manchineel's powers work, based on your interactions? She doesn't create anything out of nothing, but instead warps and twists what she touches, usually as a means of "survival" or to serve a certain purpose. This also seems to apply to herself, from the way she's been speaking: the form of Manchineel was created as an "escape" from the Death-energy of the Well... or a way to adapt to it.

Put these together, and what do you get? Lucia, working on instinct, was not able to expel the Death-energy from her body, so she incorporated it instead, becoming the creature Manchineel. This served to mask and almost sever the connection between her and the original Deathwell, but seemed to come at the cost of most of her memories and the intensification of some aspects of her personality she considers "negative". When Lily re-introduced Death energy from the Deathwell into Manchineel, she strengthened the connection between Manchineel and the Well again, hence the "claws" feeling Lucia is undergoing. (Side note: Lily might want to make sure she's free from Death energy herself; the amount she has is only trace, but this stuff is concerning).

So, given all of this, how do Nope's powers work? He makes things into nothing, removing them from existence entirely--and the better he understands the issue, the better his chances of clean removal. What can he remove here? Removing Death-energy from Lucia is too complex for this moment; she's made it part of her being as a defensive measure, and so removing it might remove something she currently needs. Removing the Deathwell is too big, and the well is too poorly understood at the moment. Removing Lucia defeats the whole purpose of what you're trying to do. There may be more options (if you come up with something clever, go for it!), but right now I see two:

1. Remove the excess Death-energy that Lily introduced to the scene. Pluses: this is probably the easiest to conceptualize, and therefore will work with a minimum of effort. Minuses: this will almost certainly revert Manchineel back to the way she was before. Lucia's still in there, you can see that now, but you'd be starting ast square one.

2. Remove the relationship between the Deathwell and the Death-energy in Lucia/Manchineel. Pluses: Lucia/Manchineel will never have to deal with the Deathwell coming after them again, and Lucia's regained memories will most likely remain. Minuses: This is a more ambiguous thing to conceptualize, and thus has wider ramifications. Also, by removing this relationship you'd be essentially making the Death-energy in Lucia/Manchineel become her energy intrinsically, meaning that removing it would become a much, much harder prospect moving forward.

Hopefully, this isn't too much information.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #555
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

I'm going to roll three Gabriel Resistance rolls here. If she aces all three, she'll run away; she's faster than Lily is, and won't be Entranced in that case. If she fails at least one of them, she'll be Entranced again, in which case we can assume that the Concentration Repair Biology will eventually go through and get her all the way down to Transformed.

Resistance 1 (DC 22, -2 from Impaired): (1d20+10)[21]

Resistance 2 (DC 22, -2 from Impaired): (1d20+10)[19]

Resistance 3 (DC 22, -2 from Impaired): (1d20+10)[18]

She really tried, but that Impaired did it's work. Gabriel is Transformed!
    Last edited by Zelphas; Yesterday at 11:13 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #556
    Titan in the Playground

Nope Changelog (+5pp added)
    • Expertise 15 -> 20 (Added Expertise fields: Ancient History, Medicine, Mythology, Science, Surveillance Countermeasures)
    • Investigation 10 -> 11
    • Add Benefit 2 (Greater Metaphysician [+5 to Metaphysics Expertise])

Post-Scene 14 (Manchineel) Downtime Nopery! (5 actions + 1 from HP)
    • 2x Reputation Building (Fear of the Unknown), Stealth vs DC 20, routining for 30, adding 6 successes!
    • 3x Relationship Building (Uncle Bruno), Expertise (Gaming) vs DC 20, routining for 30, adding 9 successes!
    • 1x Nora, Where’d You Go?, Expertise (Metaphysics) vs DC 30, routining for 35, adding 2 successes!

17. - Top - End - #557
    Titan in the Playground

Downtime Actions
    Spending one Hero Point for a bonus Downtime action. The other I'm probably going to spend on an Edit Scene related to Lily's speech if she gives it.
    1x Herbicide, Routine Expertise (Biochemistry) for 35. 3 successes
    5x Cleaning Up the City: Routine Expertise (Architecture and Engineering) for 30. 15 successes

And uh...while immediately after the DCs for all downtimes get increased by 5 probably isn't what one would call an ideal time to add even more to your downtime plate, there are a few new downtime actions I'd like Lily to start working on (although I'm not spending any actions on them this go-around).
    -Relationship Building (Cosme Muto).
    -Some sort of thing for like inspiring people/keeping up morale/heroic example type stuff.
    -Something for psychological warfare against the League, focusing primarily on making them mistrust each other more and inhibiting their efforts to work together a la the stuff with Green Wizard back in that Cult episode.
    -Something for turning her former coworkers back to at least more-or-less their previous forms, and/or just generally undoing/repairing the damage Manchineel has done.

Changelog
    +5 Deception, +5 Persuasion {5}
    Add two points to Flower Power array {2}
    Add Benefit (Biological Chemist), which allows Biochemistry proficiency to function fully as Biology and Chemistry proficiencies (basically letting it not face DC increases for being broader than them).
    -2 Perception {-1}
    Remove Humanoid Plant Benefit, I figure with Manchineel off the board it's no longer really a benefit (and even if some of her minions remain active they're...probably more hostile now) {-1}
    Remove Favored Foe (Manchineel's Minions) for largely the same reason {-1}
    ...And then basically just a massive overhaul of her array because yeah. Some of the key changes:
    -No more Limited Persuasion and Deception; she's basically improved her use of pheromones to enhance her social aptitude to the point that it's just part of her raw social skills and works on anyone.
    -Limited Perception has been increased to 12 ranks; she's been kinda rewiring her brain for even better scent processing, at slight expense to her other senses (so now instead of +10 base Perception/+15 for olfactory, she's at +8 base/+20 for olfactory, assuming that slot's active of course.
    -However the Feature to use Perception for Insight with scent is gone, so her Evaluate Insight remains at +15 from Natural Rapport (but constantly now rather than relying on Limits and arrayed stuff).
    -Fiddled with how her Regeneration works. Instead of two separate Regeneration 5s (one in her staff), she has a Regeneration 10 with a Limit that it's capped at the number of RP she gained from the use of her own Healing powers that round, replacing the Self Only Secondary Effect as her "improved self healing" capability. And then with her staff she can buy off the Limit.
    -Took out a bunch of Weaken extras and some Damage extras; she still has access to Weaken and Damage, she hasn't gone full Prophet, but she's focused primarily on Afflictions now in terms of direct offense.
    -Fairly extensive renaming and reorganizing of stuff.
    -And then the biggest change in terms of overall powers, one of her slots is now called Tactical Genius. It includes a number of options for supplementing Aid and Team Attack, reflecting using her powers more strategically in combat, as well as some investigative-style superpowers representing using her powers to directly enhance her ability to process information by, like, using stored solar energy to enhance brain function, transforming more of her cells into neurons, etc.

I'm also updating her Complications a bit:
    Removed Bees [Disability/Phobia]; this downtime action on Herbicide gets her to the "no longer taking penalties from the downtime action" level, so I'm saying that while she was at it she...basically tinkered with her biology until her allergy went away, and between that and her greater confidence her phobia's gone too.
    Removed Manchineel [Enemy] for obvious reasons.
    Removed What Are You Gonna Do, Smell Good at Them Really Hard? [Reputation]; with a League member defeated people aren't likely to underestimate her at this point.
    Officially removed ...Yeah, It's a New Perfume [Secret] since she hasn't been keeping her secret identity since the first Vesper attack.
    Expanded Heart Is An Awesome Power [Temper] to also reference belittling her intellect.
    Added Well That Was Pointless [Identity] since...she hasn't been keeping a secret identity since the first Vesper attack.
    Added Overconfident [Quirk] because you better believe that beating Manchineel is gonna cause a change.
    Added Heroic Example [Responsibility], Lily's starting to prioritize the whole "be an inspiration to others" bit of being a superhero.

Full revised mechanics are below; if it passes muster I'll update her main sheet post with the new mechanics, power descriptions, and Complications.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show

Combat

Defense: +10.
    Resistance: +10.
    Base Attack: +5 (DC 20 Damage, DC 15 Maneuver).
    Powers: +10 (DC 25 Damage, DC 20 Effect).
    Cunning Assistance: +15 (DC 20 Damage).
    Initiative: +8.

Skills

Deception: +15. Expertise: +20. Insight: +0. Intimidation: +0. Investigation: +0.
    Mobility: +0. Perception: +8. Persuasion: +15. Stealth: +0. Technology: +0. Treatment: +0.

Fields of Expertise: Architecture and Engineering, Biochemistry, Culinary, Literature, Local, Medicine, Nature.

+15 Bonus: Academics, Art, Current Events, Criminal, Dance, Gaming, Law, Law Enforcement, Military, Music, Physics, Popular Culture.

+10 Bonus: Astronomy, Business, History, Magic, Politics, Sanitation, Streetwise, Tactics.

Advantages

All-out Attack, Animal Empathy, Attractive 2, Benefit 6 (Biochemistry Experimenter, Natural Rapport, Proficiency Focus [Biochemistry], Proficiency Specialization [Biochemistry], Thorough Researcher, Biological Chemist), Connected, Defensive Attack, Equipment 1, Favored Environment (Forest), Improved Initiative 2, Inspire, Interpose, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Teamwork.

Equipment

Modern Smart Phone with Bluetooth: Cell Phone, Computer, GPS, Commlink {4+1}.
    Alternate Applications: Camera, Audio/Video Recorder, Flashlight.

Benefits

Biochemistry Experimenter: This Benefit functions as the Inventor advantage, but using Expertise (Biochemistry) rather than Technology, and only to create inventions of a biological or chemical nature (such as acids, explosives, medicines, serums, mutagens, etc).

Natural Rapport: You may substitute the lower of Deception or Persuasion for Insight to Evaluate.

Proficiency Focus: You gain a +2 circumstance bonus on Expertise checks made using this proficiency.

Proficiency Specialization: Your circumstance bonus from Proficiency Focus improves to +5.

Thorough Researcher: You may substitute Expertise for Investigation for purposes of downtime actions.

Biological Chemist: Biochemistry Proficiency counts fully as Biology and Chemistry proficiencies.

Powers

Plant Biology: Immunity 11 (Mundane Light, Partial Physiological; Quirk [Physiological Immunity doesn't apply against effects that apply to plant physiologies]), Weakness 10 (-5 Resistance vs. Plant-specific Attacks, -5 Resistance vs. Olfactory Attacks), Feature/Quirk (Lily's Physiological Immunity doesn't apply to hunger, thirst, or suffocation effects; however, she can subsist off of sunlight as well as normal food, and she breathes in "reverse", inhaling carbon dioxide and exhaling oxygen, which can be helpful in some situations of limited air, if other people are present) {0}.

Rebloom: Immortality 1 (Limited [Not if body is destroyed]) {1}.

Organs What Organs?: Immunity 2 (Critical Hits) {2}.

Blooming Staff: Enhanced Flower Power Array 10 (Limited [Only while in direct sunlight]), Benefit 1 (Can Aid and Team Attack with self); Easily Removable {6-3}.

Flower Power: 52-point Dynamic Array, Feature 1 (Powers in this array are treated as having Variable Descriptor, but only to use descriptors available to other powers in the array) {53+11}.

Flower Girl: Multiple Effects.

Commune With Nature: Comprehend 2 (Plants), Feature 1 (Plants can draw upon her knowledge for purposes of identifying and recognizing things; for example, if she asked a tree if her father passed by recently, the tree would "know" who her father is and be able to accurately answer) [5].

Olfactory Clarity: Senses 10 (All Olfactory Senses gain Acute, Analytical, Accurate; Radius Smell improves to All Olfactory; Ranged Smell; Sustained) [10].

Transmute Plants: Transform 1 (Vegetable Matter into Vegetable Matter [3/r]; Continuous, Increased Mass 3 [12 lb], Precise, Feature [Can increase Mass rank transformed by increasing Time rank spent]), Feature 1 (Can make cosmetic changes to appearance as a free action) [10].

Scent Processing: Senses 6 (Ranged Olfactory Detect [Emotions, Biology, Chemical]; Sustained), Senses 1 (Tracking Smell), Enhanced Perception 12 (Limited [Only for Olfactory senses]) [12].

Scent Intensification: Senses 5 (Smell gains Counters Concealment [Overlapping Scents], Penetrates Concealment [Limited to Around Objects], Extended; Sustained) [5].

Petal Wings: Flight 10 (Wings) [10].

With Staff - Photosynthetic Regeneration: Regeneration loses Limit [10].

Produce Nectar: Multiple Effects.

Healing Nectar: Healing 10 [20].

Medicinal Nectar: Healing gains Restorative [10].

Solar Nectar: Healing gains Persistent [10].

Floral Nectar: Regeneration 10 (Limited [Capped by RP gained that round from her own Healing powers]) [10].

Utility Nectar: Healing gains Stabilize, Feature 1 (If healing nectar is consumed, it is nutritious and satisfies hunger, or can fertilize plants) [2].

With Staff - Bonded Nectar: Healing gains Secondary Effect [10].

Bio Hazards: Multiple Effects.

Floral Irritant [Physiological] [Malfunction]: Affliction 10 (Vulnerable/Defenseless; Limited Degree [Transformed - All defensive traits lost, defensive stats to -5], Quirk 0 [Cannot combine more than two Afflictions since they all have Limited Degree and being able to do that feels like it does something weird to points]) [5].

Floral Poison [Physiological] [Poison]: Affliction 10 (Impaired/Disabled; Limited Degree [Transformed - Traits to 0], Quirk 0 [Cannot combine more than two Afflictions since they all have Limited Degree and being able to do that feels like it does something weird to points]) [5].

Floral Stench [Sensory] [Overload]: Affliction 10 (Immobilized/Stunned; Limited Degree [Incapacitated], Quirk 0 [Cannot combine more than two Afflictions since they all have Limited Degree and being able to do that feels like it does something weird to points]) [5].

Floral Pheromone [Sensory] [Pleasure]: Affliction 10 (Entranced/Compelled; Limited Degree [Controlled], Limited [May only give one command, which cannot force the target to actively work against* their own goals or interests; targets may ignore Entranced in any round they obey the command], Quirk 0 [Cannot combine more than two Afflictions since they all have Limited Degree and being able to do that feels like it does something weird to points]) [5].
    *It can still force them to fail to contribute to their goals or interests or to do so inefficiently. For example, she could compel targets to attack a heavily defended opponent over a more vulnerable one, or to refrain from attacking at all, but not to attack their allies.

Floral Weaponry [Physical] [Variable] [Wood]: Damage 10 (Variable Descriptor [Wooden Weapons], Quirk [Cannot crit or benefit from stance advantages while using Physical descriptors; if using her array's Feature to alter her Damage descriptor to something non-physical, it loses its own Variable Descriptor but likewise ignores this Quirk]) [10].

Floral Acid [Material/Energy] [Acid]: Weaken Resistance 10 [10].

Floral Compounds: Affliction loses Limited Degree [10].

Biological Engineering: Improved Critical 4 (Limited [Only against living creatures]) [2].

With Staff - Enthralling Scent: Floral Pheromone loses Limit, gains Feature (A Compelled or Controlled target has no memory of the scene in which they were affected), Quirk (Language-dependent) [10].

Biological Chemistry: Multiple Effects.

Increase Potency: Affliction gains Penetrating [10].

Extend Dosage: Affliction gains Secondary Effect [10].

Bind Compounds: Affliction gains Cumulative [10].

Prolong Exposure: Affliction gains Concentration [10].

Quicken Application: Affliction gains Reaction (Upon taking an Aid action), Limited Degree, Limited (Only against targets who have no conditions other than Bruises at start of her turn) [10].

Apply Trap: Affliction gains Triggered 1 (Variable Trigger) [2].

With Staff - Induce Buildup: Affliction gains Progressive (Limited [Only in turns that she concentrates]) [10].

Delivery Modes: Multiple Effects.

Floral Blood: Enhanced Resistance 5 (Reduced Defense 5) [10].

Phytokinetic Projectiles: Array Powers gain Increased Range; Offensive Effects gain Homing, Quirk [Short Range Only] [10].

Transmuted Vines [Material] [Wood]: Healing gains Shapeable Area, Affliction gains Shapeable Area [20].

Floral Clouds: Affliction gains Cloud Area 2, Limited (Full Action) [10].

Restorative Transmutation: Feature 1 (Healing functions as having Affects Objects modifier for purposes of living plantlife), Feature 1 (Can extend Affects Objects feature to all vegetable matter if Transmute Plants is active) [2].

With Staff - Phytokinetic Exclusion: Affliction gains Selective [10].

Tactical Genius: Multiple Effects.

Cunning Assistance [Tactical] [Teamwork]: Damage 10 (+10/+0; Limited [Aid and Team Attack only]) [5].

Clever Exploit: Affliction gains Perception (Limited [Only for one-degree miss], Limited [Only while benefitting from an Aid action]) [5].

Devious Setup [Tactical] [Preparation]: Weaken gains Reaction (Upon taking an Aid action), Limited (Penalty only applies for Aid target), Instant Recovery [10].

Ingenious Setup: Weaken Defense 10 [10].

Brilliant Deduction: Senses 8 (Precognition, Postcognition; Feature 1 [Substitute Expertise for Perception for this power], Limited [Available Evidence]) [5].

Insightful Interrogation: Mind Reading 15 (Subtle 2, Quirk 2 [Requires Interaction, Can only learn thoughts related to current conversation], Limited [Two Degrees Only]) [15].

Tactics, Tactics, Tactics: Feature 1 (Can divide Aid degrees of success among multiple allies, though only main subject counts for relevant Limits), Feature 1 (Weaken can be used to Team Attack with Damage) [2].

With Staff - The Light Shines In: Senses 5 (Improve Scent Intensification to Counters All Concealment and buy off Limit on its Penetrates Concealment, Quirk 0 [Can't Penetrate Concealment that is completely air-tight]), Senses 2 (Olfactory Counters Illusion), Quickness 6 (Limited [Mental]) [10].

Calculations

Defenses 40 + Skills 30 + Advantages: 20 + Powers 70 = 160 PP, PL 10
    Last edited by Quellian-dyrae; Today at 10:44 AM.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide