New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: [M&M 3e] Defying the Future OOC

Boaris (DC 35): (1d20+10)[18] INCAPACITATED!

Reanimated (DC 30): (1d20+13)[33] ..Well then. Crit Resists.
    Last edited by Zelphas; 2022-02-18 at 09:42 PM.
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Nope Resistance DC 25/20 via an acute case of bear spear (1d20+10)[20] Bruised.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2022-02-19 at 12:09 AM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Resistance (DC 25/20): (1d20+10)[16]. Bruised and Dazed, Immobilized
    Last edited by Quellian-dyrae; 2022-02-19 at 12:15 AM.
    A role playing game is three things. It is an interactive story, a game of chance, and a process in critical thinking.

If brevity is the soul of wit, I'm witty like a vampire!

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Resistance DC 25/20 vs. Damage and Immobilized/Stunned: (1d20+10)[17] Bruised and Dazed, Immobilized
    Last edited by Dorni; 2022-02-19 at 12:23 AM.
    With your every step, these grand adventures shall grow more distant and faint. And there may come a day when you forget the faces and voices of those you have met along the way. On that day, I bid you remember this... That no matter how far your journey may take you, you stand where you stand by virtue of the road you walked to get there.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

AKuma Resistance (DC 30): (1d20+8)[15] 1 Bruise & Staggered
    Last edited by Zelphas; 2022-02-19 at 08:39 AM.
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Reanimated Resistance (DC 25): (1d20+8)[19] 1 Bruise & Dazed

AKuma Resistance (DC 25): (1d20+7)[8] ...Nope, take a Hero Point. Rerolling again.
    Last edited by Zelphas; 2022-02-19 at 02:49 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

AKuma Resistance Redux (DC 25): (1d10+17)[25] Resists
    Last edited by Zelphas; 2022-02-19 at 02:50 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Since Helios went, Reanimated Secondary Effect Damage (DC 30, +5 Resistance): (1d20+12)[13] INCAPACITATED!
    Last edited by Zelphas; 2022-02-20 at 12:13 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

AKuma Resistance (DC 20): (1d20+8)[18] Dazed & Vulnerable
    Last edited by Zelphas; 2022-02-21 at 07:20 AM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Nope, I need a Resistance check vs. DC 27 damage.

Ariadne, I need a Resistance check vs. DC 29 damage.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Resisting the exploding bear DC 27 (1d20+9)[17] Bruised, Dazed
    Last edited by Ridai; 2022-02-21 at 02:08 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Barbarian in the Playground

Imp

Resistance vs. Exploding AKuma, DC 29: (1d20+12)[29]

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, I forgot a proper Investigation check for checking the wares! (1d20+10)[19]

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

Deception DC 29 (1d20+11)[12]
    With your every step, these grand adventures shall grow more distant and faint. And there may come a day when you forget the faces and voices of those you have met along the way. On that day, I bid you remember this... That no matter how far your journey may take you, you stand where you stand by virtue of the road you walked to get there.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

I'mma just roll Stealth for this, since Nope uses that for Bluffing. If that doesn't count for resisting Evaluate, please ignore this roll, because he has +0 otherwise.
    (1d20+15)[31]

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

As far as personal downtimes for Floral...

Relationship Building with the Woods family, of course.

Some sort of Research and Development sort of thing. Experimenting with using her powers to like develop new forms of plantlife and/or improve existing forms, for nonheroic but prosocial purposes (more efficient food production, medicine, other resource generation type stuff, etc).

Let's see there's already a general hero work one so no need for that. But maybe a more healing/cleanup/repair focused one. Fixing things and healing people in the aftermath of League attacks and such.
    A role playing game is three things. It is an interactive story, a game of chance, and a process in critical thinking.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

For purposes of documentation:

Nope's personal downtimes would probably be Relationship Building with Uncle Bruno, as well as looking for Nora. A lot of stuff he would be good at, such as infiltration and spying and such, is well covered by the group downtimes.

I think I want to wait with downtimes about Nope using his powers for wider-scale beneficial things, since he just isn't sure enough about his powers yet. Unless he ends up getting a Reputation Building thing for being, like, some sort of boogeyman for the bad guys (hopefully just the bad guys), maybe or maybe not more based around being a security nightmare. If THAT seems appropriate, feel free to add that to the above. That comes down to how the world perceives Nope and I'm not against something of that sort (though successes invested would be more incidental than intentional on Nope's part).
    Last edited by Ridai; 2022-03-10 at 10:36 AM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Quellian-dyrae View Post
    As far as personal downtimes for Floral...

Relationship Building with the Woods family, of course.

Some sort of Research and Development sort of thing. Experimenting with using her powers to like develop new forms of plantlife and/or improve existing forms, for nonheroic but prosocial purposes (more efficient food production, medicine, other resource generation type stuff, etc).

Let's see there's already a general hero work one so no need for that. But maybe a more healing/cleanup/repair focused one. Fixing things and healing people in the aftermath of League attacks and such.
    All right; I have those up on the 3rd post of this thread; let me know if that works!
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #49

Imp

Throwing out some ideas:

Relationship Building with Dimetria is a definite.

Studying Pattern Books/Communing with Ariadne; something by which she gains further understanding of Ariadne's "everything-is-thread" mysticism. This could kinda dovetail with her Artificer/Ritualist advantages, since obviously she can't just learn more powers.

Her sort of "giving back to the community" could be Teaching Classes at the School, though I'm not positive what the conferred benefit would be. Maybe this just accrues goodwill with the population at large, maybe parents of the children have contacts or connections that could help Kal in various ways.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Growing a New Future: Routine Expertise (Biochemistry) for 35. 4 Successes

Cleaning Up The City: Routine Expertise (Medicine) for 30. 3 Successes

Watching the Forestx2: Routine Expertise (Nature) for 30. 6 Successes

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

Post-Scene 1 Downtime Nopery! 4 Actions

2x Watching The Forest: Routining Stealth for 25. 4 successes

2x Fear of the Unknown: Routining Stealth for 25. 6 successes

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Personal downtimes for Helios...

Definitely going to need one for experimenting with his magic.

Going to need a Relationship Building with Sara and Dante. I'm not actually sure if these should be the same downtime or not. Also feel a bit odd requesting one for Dante given that I the player know he's not redeemable, but Flint is going to spend a bunch of time trying to win him away from the cult anyway.

23. - Top - End - #53

Imp

Relationship Building (Grandma Dimetria): Routine Expertise (Fashion & Garments) for 30. 3 Successes

Untangling the Mystic Threads: Routine Expertise (Magic) for 30. 3 Successes

Watching the Forest x 2: Routine Insight for 20. 2 Successes

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

Downtimes:

Mystical Research: Routine Expertise (Magic) 25; 2 Successes
    Relationship Building (Sarah Garret): Routine Persuasion 20; 2 Successes
    My Brother’s Keeper: Routine Expertise (Magic) 25; 2 Successes
    Apophis (Shadowing the Suneater Cult): Routine Expertise (Magic) 25; 2 Successes

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

All right, everyone has their Downtimes in! Before I give you your choices, I wrote a quick explanation of what I'm doing here, to see if this makes sense to you all:

Spoiler: On Downtime Endings
    Show
    At the moment, at the end of every Downtime, you have a choice to make for the next scene; you can either Act on a piece of information you have uncovered or a plan of action you mentioned in-character beforehand, or you can React to something the League and their minions are up to in the same timeframe.

Take the Initiative: Act

Scenes that you can Act on general come about as the result of Downtimes from researching the League, or possibly from certain personal Downtimes. Choices that you can Act on will be presented like this:

Title of Action (League Faction or Character this Action is connected to/Specific Concepts attached)

Usually (if I can get my creative juices working well enough), the name of the Action will give some hint as to what will happen in that scene. Choices that you can Act on will remain until they are Acted on, barring a major shift in the story; your information remains useful unless circumstances alter significantly.

Foil Their Plans: React

At first, you will only have one Scene to React to at the end of each Downtime action; these will be events that the League or their minions are performing, regardless of your actions. Choices that you can React to will be presented almost exactly like Act Scenes:

Title of Reaction (League Faction or Character this Action is connected to)

The React scenes will not be as specific as the Act scenes; you don’t know as much about them at first, so they can be a bit of a gamble. React Scenes will only appear once; if they are not Reacted to, the scene will play out as though the PCs aren’t there, for a variety of effects. Especially at first, these scenes will not be devastating in their fallout, so you don’t need to feel pressured to React to them all; the League will do their own thing regardless, and your Act Scenes can more directly interfere with their long-term goals for the most part.

There are two other quick things in this new mechanic to smooth things out: Lulls and Crises.

Take a Break: Lull

Every few Downtime sessions, I will give you nothing to Act on or React to; instead I will declare a Lull. At that time, we’ll focus more on what your characters are doing in their daily lives, during free time, and with family and friends. I’ll ask each of you when a Lull comes for ideas on what you’d like to see your character doing; if nothing comes to mind, then I can come up with something myself. No Reacts will take place during this time, and you’ll get a few more Downtime Actions afterwards, so these will be nice little breathers.

Do or Die: Crisis

Rarely, especially at first, a React Scene will have this placed right next to it:

CRISIS

When you see this, it means that a member of the League is making a big move, something that will affect a lot of people if it is allowed to happen unobstructed. Just like with any other React Scene, you can choose to skip past a CRISIS and Act on something else instead, but this is my warning that the negative consequences of ignoring a CRISIS Scene will be much larger than a regular React. OF course, because of the large scale of the action, The potential rewards of a CRISIS Scene will be large than a normal React Scene as well. Do with that as you may.

So, that being said, your choices right now are as follows:

Act

Light at the Crossroads (Manchineel/Track Down Raphael)
    A Loud Silence (Manchineel/Camp Bubble Brook)
    Tattered Memory (Manchineel/Abel's Scarf)

React

Black Wings, Yellow Eyes (Apophis)

Please let me know which one you guys would like to choose next!
    Last edited by Zelphas; 2022-03-13 at 09:58 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

Oh for the love of...ZZZZZZZZZSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

Insight: (1d20+15)[29]
    Perception: (1d20+15)[22]

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

Perception for the mystic sense because mythweaver habits die hard (1d20+15)[25]

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Raphael Resistance (DC 34 for just barely making the check to Sneak Attack): (1d20+19)[34] RNG, you love to play with our hearts. Full Resist.
    Last edited by Zelphas; 2022-04-01 at 07:57 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Initiative Redux

Floral: (1d20+8)[9]
    Ariadne: (1d20+4)[7]
    Helios: (1d20)[12]
    Nope: (1d20)[2]

Raphael: (1d20+8)[12]

And Raphael just barely goes first. Huh.
    Last edited by Zelphas; 2022-04-01 at 08:15 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Saplings:

Resistance (DC 25): (1d20+2)[9] INCAPACITATED!
    Resistance (DC 25): (1d20+2)[3] INCAPACITATED!
    Resistance (DC 25): (1d20+2)[12] 1 Bruise & Staggered
    Resistance (DC 25): (1d20+2)[15] 1 Bruise & Dazed
    Resistance (DC 25): (1d20+2)[18] 1 Bruise & Dazed
    Resistance (DC 25): (1d20+2)[10] 1 Bruise & Staggered
    Resistance (DC 25): (1d20+2)[3] INCAPACITATED!
    Resistance (DC 25): (1d20+2)[9] INCAPACITATED!

Raphael:

Resistance (DC 25): (1d20+19)[35] Full Resist.
    Last edited by Zelphas; 2022-04-02 at 05:27 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show