New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: [M&M 3e] Defying the Future OOC

Siren Resistance (DC 32): (1d20+11)[15] Nope, take a Hero Point; this will be the only time that I will Fiat the Siren's rolls.

Ghastling Resistance (DC 27):

Ghastling 1: (1d20+6)[17]
    Ghastling 2: (1d20+6)[24]
    Ghastling 3: (1d20+6)[7]
    Ghastling 4: (1d20+6)[16]
    Ghastling 5: (1d20+6)[12]
    Ghastling 6: (1d20+6)[9]
    Ghastling 7: (1d20+6)[9]
    Ghastling 8: (1d20+6)[23] To no one's surprise, all INCAPACITATED!
    Last edited by Zelphas; 2022-06-08 at 07:23 PM.
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Siren Resistance Redux (DC 32, must roll at least 21): (1d20+11)[26] 1 Bruise and Dazed
    Last edited by Zelphas; 2022-06-08 at 07:24 PM.
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #123
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Siren Resistance (DC 25/20): (1d20+10)[29] Full Resist
    Last edited by Zelphas; 2022-06-09 at 06:52 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Siren Resistance 1 (DC 25): (1d20+10)[12] INCAPACITATED!

Siren Resistance 2 (DC 30, +10 to roll): (1d20+20)[37] Resists, for what it's worth.
    Last edited by Zelphas; 2022-06-11 at 05:34 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

Growing a New Future: Expertise (Biochemistry) at -5 (DC 20): (1d20+20)[24]. 1 Success
    Relationship Building (Woods Family): Routine Insight as Persuasion for 25. 2 Successes
    Relationship Building (Woods Family): Routine Insight as Persuasion for 25. 2 Successes
    Hero Work: Persuasion DC 15: (1d20+10)[14]. +5 on next action
    Hero Work: Persuasion DC 15: (1d20+10)[28]. 4 Successes
    Last edited by Quellian-dyrae; 2022-06-12 at 03:42 PM.
    A role playing game is three things. It is an interactive story, a game of chance, and a process in critical thinking.

If brevity is the soul of wit, I'm witty like a vampire!

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

Mystical Research: Routine Expertise (Magic) 30 vs DC 20: 3 Successes
    Relationship Building (Sarah Garret): Routine Persuasion 25 vs DC 15: 3 Successes
    My Brother’s Keeper: Routine Expertise (Magic) 30 vs DC 20: 3 Successes

Shadowing the Suneater Cult: Routine Expertise (Magic) 30 vs DC 20: 3 Successes
    Hero Work: Routine Persuasion 25 vs DC 15: 3 Successes
    With your every step, these grand adventures shall grow more distant and faint. And there may come a day when you forget the faces and voices of those you have met along the way. On that day, I bid you remember this... That no matter how far your journey may take you, you stand where you stand by virtue of the road you walked to get there.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

Post-Scene 4 (A Loud Silence) Downtime Nopery! 5 Actions

1x Lockdown (Infiltrating The Chain Gang): Routining Deception (via Inconspicuous) for 25. 2 successes
    1x Manchineel (Watching the Forest): Routining Stealth for 25. 2 successes

1x Relationship Building (Uncle Bruno): Routining Insight for 20. 2 successes
    2x Reputation Building (Fear of the Unknown): Routining Stealth for 25. 6 successes

8. - Top - End - #128
    Barbarian in the Playground

Imp

2x Apophis (Shadowing the Suneater Cult): Routine Expertise (Magic) for 30. 6 Successes

1x Untangling the Mystic Threads: Routine Expertise (Magic) for 30. 3 Successes

2x Art is Important: Routine Insight, for 20. 4 Successes
    Last edited by Abracadangit; 2022-06-14 at 08:00 AM.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

Expertise (Magic): (1d20+20)[39]
    With your every step, these grand adventures shall grow more distant and faint. And there may come a day when you forget the faces and voices of those you have met along the way. On that day, I bid you remember this... That no matter how far your journey may take you, you stand where you stand by virtue of the road you walked to get there.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Spoiler: Helios
    Show
    The center of Death Magic is the rough center of the camp; the Administration building is actually off to one side a bit, but it is the largest building and relatively near to the center, which might explain why the Siren was there. It's very faint, but you can feel the Death Magic, dissipated by your ordeal with the Siren, slowly rebuilding itself... coming from...

The natural font of Death Magic, located in the center of the camp. This tells you two things: 1) the Siren was most likely not a living creature, but a coalescence of Death Magic that is naturally spilling out of this font. And 2) in roughly three months, maybe less, enough Death Magic will have permeated this space for another Siren--or something like it--to form in Camp Bubble Brook once again.

Which... raises its own set of questions. Why did the Siren form a year ago? Is this font of Death Magic new? Did something activate it? You've discovered new information about the magic you can now--just barely--control, but it's only left you with more questions.

One other thing occurs to you. Dante is far more adept at Death magic than you are; it is his specialty. If he--or another Death-adept Suneater cultist--found this font, they could potentially summon and bind something like the Siren for themselves... or just take the power for their own use.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Zelphas
    Show
    Does Helios have any idea what it would take to A) seal the font? B) diffuse it so the energies are less dangerous?
    Extra: How does the death energy font compare in terms of scale to Rapheal?
    Last edited by Dorni; 2022-06-17 at 09:46 PM.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Spoiler: Dorni
    Show
    This is Helios's first contact with a seemingly natural font of magical energy, so a lot of what he's doing is guesswork. Based on the "size" and potency of the font, sealing it is almost certainly beyond him. As to diffusing it, Life magic seems to cancel Death magic, so releasing Life Magic into the air would at least delay the effects. Doing this would be finicky at first, but would probably get easier with use; if he works on it, Helios might figure out a way to simply release Life Magic into the air in controlled bursts by his presence alone. This would tire him, but it wouldn't be too much of a hassle.

Of course, the two concerns at the moment if he did this are Manchineel (who may be afraid of this place, but still counts it as part of her domain) and the Suneaters (who might wonder where Helios is going and try to track him). Still, those are tangential to the problem at hand.

OOC: Diffusing the Font would be a short-form Downtime for Helios, which would eventually dovetail and give bonuses to his Mystical Research Downtime. However, until/unless Manchineel or the Suneaters are dealt with, investing in this Downtime would almost guarantee a Crisis.

Extra: The two are roughly similar... in fact, it would take a little work, but the two forces would probably cancel one another out.
    Last edited by Zelphas; 2022-06-17 at 09:49 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

Perception as Insight: (1d20+15)[31].
    A role playing game is three things. It is an interactive story, a game of chance, and a process in critical thinking.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

Expertise (History) DC 25: (1d20+10)[22]

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

Growing a New Future: Expertise (Biochemistry) (DC 20; +5 for Specialization, +5 for Ariadne Sandbox (1/3), -5 for first action): Routine for 35. 4 Successes
    Growing a New Future: Expertise (Biochemistry) (DC 20; +5 for Specialization, +5 for Ariadne Sandbox (2/3)): Routine for 40. 5 Successes

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

Perception DC 25 (1d20+10)[25]

Post-Scene 5 (Lull - Finding Nothing) Downtime Nopery! 2 Actions
    1x Respec Politics expertise to Metaphysics
    1x Nora, Where’d You Go?: Routining Expertise (metaphysics) for 25 (includes first +5 bonus from lull). 3 Successes
    Last edited by Ridai; 2022-07-12 at 03:26 AM.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Barbarian in the Playground

Imp

1x Untangling the Mystic Threads: Routine Expertise (Magic), +5 for Helios Bonus, for 35. 4 Successes

1x Art is Important: Routine Insight, for 20. 2 Successes

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

Deception check to sell the miss: (1d20+5)[14]

Downtimes
    My Brother’s Keeper - Expertise (Magic) DC 20: Routine 30 4 Successes
    Mystical Research - Expertise (Magic) DC 20: Routine 35 (w/+5 bonus) 4 Successes

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

All right, here are the new choices for Actions and Reactions!

Act

Tattered Memory (Manchineel/Abel's Scarf)
    Pick a Color (Apophis/the Suneater Cult)

React

Wind and Wave (Manchineel)
    Last edited by Zelphas; 2022-07-17 at 11:26 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

Perception DC 30 (1d20+15)[19]

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

I remembered not to use the z's, and forgot to roll to recover from the "Affliction".

Resistance (DC 23, -2 for Impaired): (1d20+8)[14]. Hard no
    Last edited by Quellian-dyrae; 2022-07-26 at 12:48 AM.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

22. - Top - End - #142
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Spoiler: Nope
    Show
    It doesn't quite register until everyone's in place, but you finally look around at everyone around you... and recognize (part of) a face.

The figure at the top of the Yellow Cultist pyramid, looking around in growing anger, is Remy's mother.

Take a Hero Point for your Supercharged Family Drama Complication.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

EE attack rolls. Looks like 22 Minions, order is frankly irrelevant they're Minions. Note that per conditionals the EE attacks should thus be two points higher, and the DC only 20.
    (1d20+5)[8]
    (1d20+5)[17]
    (1d20+5)[14]
    (1d20+5)[10]
    (1d20+5)[16]
    (1d20+5)[7]
    (1d20+5)[12]
    (1d20+5)[18]
    (1d20+5)[21]
    (1d20+5)[25] Crit, I get one charmy for sure!
    (1d20+5)[11]
    (1d20+5)[13]
    (1d20+5)[7]
    (1d20+5)[17]
    (1d20+5)[10]
    (1d20+5)[13]
    (1d20+5)[9]
    (1d20+5)[18]
    (1d20+5)[9]
    (1d20+5)[22]
    (1d20+5)[22]
    (1d20+5)[18]
    Aside from the crit, I'm guessing between 6 and 9 other hits assuming their Defense is from 16-18. 9 if 16, 8 if 17, 6 if 18. If their Defense isn't in that range then I dunno.
    Last edited by Quellian-dyrae; 2022-07-26 at 01:09 AM.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Cultist 8 Resistance (DC 20, +2 for Mundane Mental Immunity): (1d20+6)[8] CONTROLLED!
    Cultist 9 Resistance (DC 20, +2 for Mundane Mental Immunity): (1d20+6)[23] Resists.
    Cultist 10 Resistance (DC 25 (crit), +2 for Mundane Mental Immunity): (1d20+6)[12] CONTROLLED!

Cultist 18 Resistance (DC 20, +2 for Mundane Mental Immunity): (1d20+6)[8] CONTROLLED!

Cultist 20 Resistance (DC 20, +2 for Mundane Mental Immunity): (1d20+6)[19] CONTROLLED!
    Cultist 21 Resistance (DC 20, +2 for Mundane Mental Immunity): (1d20+6)[10] CONTROLLED!
    Cultist 22 Resistance (DC 20, +2 for Mundane Mental Immunity): (1d20+6)[14] CONTROLLED!
    Last edited by Zelphas; 2022-07-26 at 01:11 AM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #145
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Cultist Rolls (DC 25):

Cultist 1: (1d20+4)[14]
    Cultist 2: (1d20+4)[12]
    Cultist 3: (1d20+4)[17]
    Cultist 4: (1d20+4)[10]
    Cultist 5: (1d20+4)[20]
    Cultist 6: (1d20+4)[6]
    Cultist 7: (1d20+4)[15]

Cultist 11: (1d20+4)[14]
    Cultist 12: (1d20+4)[13]
    Cultist 13: (1d20+4)[19]
    Cultist 14: (1d20+4)[6]
    Cultist 15: (1d20+4)[11]
    Cultist 16: (1d20+4)[10]
    Cultist 17: (1d20+4)[19]

Cultist 19: (1d20+4)[12] ALL INCAPACITATED!

Nergal Resistance (DC 25): (1d20+10)[20] Manages to hang on to just 1 Bruise.
    Last edited by Zelphas; 2022-07-26 at 05:16 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #146
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Holy cow, I didn't roll for Cultist 9. Just in case they pull out a nat 20 Resist: (1d20+4)[8] No... sorry, Cultist 9.
    Last edited by Zelphas; 2022-07-26 at 05:21 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #147
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Nergal Resistance (DC 20): (1d20+10)[18] Immobile & Vulnerable
    Last edited by Zelphas; 2022-07-26 at 07:37 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

Note: Until further notice, Flint will be playing as PL 6 for now, so he'll be voluntarily taking a -4 penalty to his defenses until he chooses to remove it.

Helios has Uncanny dodge so the watermelon attack misses.
    Resistance DC 25 Damage from Nope: (1d20+6)[21] Bruised
    Last edited by Dorni; 2022-07-26 at 08:57 PM.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

May as well roll these here:

DC 26/21: (1d20+4)[8]

DC 29/24: (1d20+4)[18]
    DC 29/24: (1d20+4)[20]
    DC 29/24: (1d20+4)[16]
    DC 29/24: (1d20+4)[8]

DC 29/24: (1d20+4)[21]
    DC 29/24: (1d20+4)[12]
    DC 29/24: (1d20+4)[21]
    DC 29/24: (1d20+4)[13]
    DC 29/24: (1d20+4)[18]
    DC 29/24: (1d20+4)[5]
    DC 29/24: (1d20+4)[11]
    DC 29/24: (1d20+4)[10]
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #150
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Reroll Mouthpiece vs. Floral: (1d20+10)[30] Um... okay.
    Last edited by Zelphas; 2022-07-27 at 01:22 AM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show