New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: Aegis' Dungeoncrawler OOC II

TheFallenOne, I updated the most recent post with new information. Letting you know since I know you've read it and responded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks for the heads up, added a bit about that book passage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff the Green View Post
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

I'll post tonight when I get home from work, closing my store up again so I'm the last one in the building.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

Does Solum have hard rules in regards to called or summoned creatures via magic? Or other creatures acquire through various means such as Leadership? Right now, I'm gonna float the idea of burning xp to get Leadership and keep Puhrjan. Don't know if she qualifies as a target for it though nor am I sure if she's worth it. Though having extra undead sent in with us ready for Solstafir's use sounds useful. Of course, we could also just give her over to Solstafir.
    My posting may be slowed due to new job.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by QuadraticGish View Post
    Does Solum have hard rules in regards to called or summoned creatures via magic? Or other creatures acquire through various means such as Leadership? Right now, I'm gonna float the idea of burning xp to get Leadership and keep Puhrjan. Don't know if she qualifies as a target for it though nor am I sure if she's worth it. Though having extra undead sent in with us ready for Solstafir's use sounds useful. Of course, we could also just give her over to Solstafir.
    The rules are pretty much as long as nobody in Solum gets hurt, you're fine.
    You could get Leadership, though you'd probably have to take Puhrjan to Solum as a corpse as you initially considered.

Puhrjan is effectively level 10 so would be out of range to be your cohort.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-05-29 at 09:15 PM.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

Good thing skill checks are not auto fail on a 1....wow that was a bad time for a 1 though.

"We just want to know everything you can tell us, then we will kill you. But nothing personal, we will make it quick and all. Painless I swear, just close your eyes and you won't even realize anything happened."

Also saying its almost at the time again (so long as we don't die or such) I was going to ask about a few Feat prices in exp

Sacred Healing
    Domain Focus
    Spellcasting Prodigy
    Snowcasting
    Frozen Magic
    Frostfell Prodigy
    Enduring Life
    Lasting Life
    Heat Endurance
    Sandskimmer
    Constant Guardian
    Last edited by dantiesilva; 2022-05-29 at 09:33 PM.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

Though having extra undead sent in with us ready for Solstafir's use sounds useful. Of course, we could also just give her over to Solstafir.
    I doubt it would make a good base body for a zombie, nagas don't have that impressive physical stats and instead rely on spells and abilities that would be lost with the template. Plus, my current zombie is ridonculously good. Annis is already an excellent base, half-fiend template and the spider scimitars on top and it's close to an extra party member in terms of power.
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

I realize now that the link in the OOC OP is broken, though diplomacy is altered from base rules and the way it works can be found here: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...n-GiantITP-com

dantiesilva, for diplomacy, you'll have to offer Puhrjan a deal or exchange. She's already acting in a helpful manner, but she would still be considered an Enemy (+5 DC). I don't see any exchange offered (other than the implicit talk or you die sooner) so I don't know if you succeeded.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-05-30 at 09:30 AM.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Forgot to roll these for detect magic if applicable.

Knowledge (Arcana): (1d20+7)[11]

Spellcraft: (1d20+9)[24]

10. - Top - End - #280
    Titan in the Playground

I'm at work now so can't post, but if she just wants to be free of the dungeon AND won't try to kill/destroy Sol, she could be a useful ally to us if we make a deal to bring her back to life in Sol.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

So what does everyone think of the overall deal offered? I could see the naga being a useful asset in learning about the dungeon as well as possibly dungeon fruit and the like as well as researching things.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

I would at the very least ask the prince for permission before doing this. I would expect resurrecting Dungeon creatures with their free will intact inside Solum to be wildly illegal.

Also, uh, any chance the naga has slowly been turning one of us after the other with its Charming Gaze? That's a far too dangerous ability to put into a densely populated city if you ask me.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

Back from my trip. I'd rather not let anyone, especially the prince in on this since at the moment we know we shouldn't be trusting him with ****. Another consideration to follow up with, is that it might be likely we're not the only ones who have thought of this exploit nor the only ones that are using it. All you need is a friend capable of raising or being lucky enough to buy a scroll or know someone that will sell you one. Aegis, how many people in the city are at about our level?

14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

Abigale is only one level away ( once we leave the Dungeon) from being able to cast raise dead herself so I mean worst case scenario we have days to get back into the dungeon, finish it without dying, and level up to bring said naga back to life.

This the " you will not directly or subvertly harm the people of Sol" for the eyes.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dantiesilva View Post
    Abigale is only one level away ( once we leave the Dungeon) from being able to cast raise dead herself so I mean worst case scenario we have days to get back into the dungeon, finish it without dying, and level up to bring said naga back to life.

This the " you will not directly or subvertly harm the people of Sol" for the eyes.
    Raise dead is a 5th level spell, so Orchid could make an(expensive) scroll of it when they return.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Titan in the Playground

Abigale can't read scrolls only reason I said it the way I did, though if Orchid or anyone else wanted to read it that would be fine. Abigale would front most of the money for said scroll to be made however as it does serve the group not just her.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground

Aegis, do we have any insight on the laws on this? Since I regularly bring bodies from the Dungeon in it might well have come up what is and isn't appropriate use of them. I genuinely expect we'd have a date with the headsman if we resurrect the naga and it causes havok, guys.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallenOne View Post
    I would at the very least ask the prince for permission before doing this. I would expect resurrecting Dungeon creatures with their free will intact inside Solum to be wildly illegal.

Also, uh, any chance the naga has slowly been turning one of us after the other with its Charming Gaze? That's a far too dangerous ability to put into a densely populated city if you ask me.
    I think your team has a Protection against Enemy aura coming from someone which would stop the Charming Gaze, and since the zombie has her pinned, it can just keep her face down against the floor so she can't use it.

Back from my trip. I'd rather not let anyone, especially the prince in on this since at the moment we know we shouldn't be trusting him with ****. Another consideration to follow up with, is that it might be likely we're not the only ones who have thought of this exploit nor the only ones that are using it. All you need is a friend capable of raising or being lucky enough to buy a scroll or know someone that will sell you one. Aegis, how many people in the city are at about our level?
    Not a ton, but enough. You're quite elite among Delvers now and would qualify for the Royal Guard should someone elect to retire a character. Do keep in mind, other NPCs of your level probably aren't going to be nearly as powerful as you due to all of the extra resources (they'd still follow NPC WBL for example).

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallenOne View Post
    Aegis, do we have any insight on the laws on this? Since I regularly bring bodies from the Dungeon in it might well have come up what is and isn't appropriate use of them. I genuinely expect we'd have a date with the headsman if we resurrect the naga and it causes havok, guys.
    Generally, full on resurrecting a Dungeon Denizen would be illegal, though there are permits for animating them in Solum as undead or in some other enthralled fashion. You may be able to get special permission through Atticus. If Puhrjan did get loose and start causing havoc and her appearance was tied to you, then you're spot on: your characters would likely be executed for the treasonous action of aiding the enemy to attack Solum.

Bringing back Puhrjan in town with her own will is potentially a huge risk, especially if it's a clandestine plan. The mob she could potentially gather with her Charming Gaze could cause a lot of problems if she was left to roam free, so you'd need to figure out a way to ensure she couldn't run amok if you decided to raise her without special permission.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-05-31 at 04:11 PM.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Titan in the Playground

With said new information being confirmed perhaps it would be best IC if we were pulled aside and reminded of this so it flows more naturally? Abigale seeing said naga already trying to break free and seemingly only interested in living would listen to said logic as it is not like this enemy is just not resisting, not looking for a way out. It's clearly trying to just stay alive.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Perhaps. I don't have any agents in this dungeon which could do so as I don't want to commandeer a PC for exposition.

It might be against Abigail's ethics, but you could probably get by with some bribes as long as you have some way to keep Puhrjan in line.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis013 View Post
    Perhaps. I don't have any agents in this dungeon which could do so as I don't want to commandeer a PC for exposition.

It might be against Abigail's ethics, but you could probably get by with some bribes as long as you have some way to keep Puhrjan in line.
    Sorry I was posting from my phone, I was referring to one of the other PCs stating as much, Sol would be best as he is so against it.

As for the second part, I mean her brother is legit a thief and mob boss, she doesn't approve, but she does know how the world works.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

Gonna think on this tomorrow. I'm starting to lean towards maybe not taking her.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

I put it in since as the one who actually raises bodies Solstafir is the most likely to have come in touch with the law here.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Titan in the Playground

We can always just use Speak With Dead per Spell Storing Item infusion if we want some more information out of the naga.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Is everybody ready to kill Puhrjan or is there anything else anybody wants to ask of her or similar?

26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground

Kill, Abigale was convinced

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

Kill, Orchid was convinced too, but she won't participate in it.

28. - Top - End - #298

AssassinGuy

Kill. Are alignments in play or are we defaulting to friend/enemy? I forgot.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-06-05 at 11:33 AM.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Alignments aren't in play, you're either aligned with Solum or Dungeon. If there's a Good or Evil requirement on a feat, class or similar, you can ignore it.

The big 16 is also in the first post of any of my OOC threads so general questions like this may have answers there too.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-06-05 at 12:39 PM.

30. - Top - End - #300

AssassinGuy

Brilliant. I can choose turn turn or rebuke for Levi next time he binds Tenebrous. And I can play his morality looser.