New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: Aegis' Dungeoncrawler OOC II

It's clear Solstafir would want to use the Key to Safe Passage given the clear backstory link. Do any other players or characters want to weigh in?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Titan in the Playground

If we take the safe passage she will give everyone 7temp hp from Initiate of ilmater and Touch of healing combo

Cast Death Ward on Liselle, Orchid, and Solstafir (7 mins duration each)
    Cast Divine Protection for a +1 Morale bonus to everyone's AC and saves (7 mins)
    Cast Shield of Faith on Liselle, Orchid and Solstafir for +3 Deflection bonus to their AC

3. - Top - End - #303
    Titan in the Playground

I already got a constant +2 Deflection from Lammasu Mantle, better use that spell elsewhere or keep it in reserve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff the Green View Post
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Titan in the Playground

I'll move it to Levi then

5. - Top - End - #305
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Levi has +2 deflection from ring of protection +2 so the spell is better off on someone else.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-06-07 at 08:10 AM.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yas392 View Post
    Levi has +2 deflection from ring of protection +2 so the spell is better off on someone else.
    Okay, it will go on whoever doesn't have a deflection bonus lol

7. - Top - End - #307
    Titan in the Playground

Is steam power known in Solum or would this be our first time seeing it?
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd actually like to know the answer to that first as well before posting.
    My posting may be slowed due to new job.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Most things in Solum are simply powered by magic, as it would be much more convenient and easy than steam power. As crafters Solstafir and Orchid might be familiar with the concept of steam power, but nothing like this exists in Solum. After all, if you wanted an engine, you could just cast Animate Object and maybe make it Permanent or what have you.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Titan in the Playground

My son is really sick right now so I won't be posting for a few days.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by dantiesilva View Post
    My son is really sick right now so I won't be posting for a few days.
    Sorry to hear that. I'll be hoping for a quick and full recovery with no one else in your household getting sick.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis013 View Post
    Sorry to hear that. I'll be hoping for a quick and full recovery with no one else in your household getting sick.
    Thank you Aegis, I have a free moment now so I will make a quick post.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Titan in the Playground

Knowledge checks, what’s going on here, who are the two dragons, and what is the nature of the undead dwarf.

Take 10 for 26 on all three checks
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2022-06-09 at 08:21 PM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Knowledge results:
    The Red Dragon is involved in origin story of the Fireblood Dwarves (like Solstafir) though in the stories as their told now, the Red Dragon should've been killed. The Silver dragon is the dragon described in Puhrjan's library that was born without immunity to cold but instead immunity to fire.

This place is where Fireblood Dwarves were born. In summary, a group of dwarves went into the Dungeon and didn't come back for many years. When they did get back, they were changed and had draconic properties.

The undead is an ancient Fireblood Dwarf, either their ancestors were significantly more draconic, or by still being stuck here with the Red Dragon that enslaved them enhanced their draconic properties. She's friendly, as she is a Solumite simply stuck here forever, bound by ancient magic to the Red Dragon.

To all:
    With custom rewards like those you're getting here, if anyone has any gripes with their custom reward or the like, feedback is encouraged.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis013 View Post
    Knowledge results:
    The Red Dragon is involved in origin story of the Fireblood Dwarves (like Solstafir) though in the stories as their told now, the Red Dragon should've been killed. The Silver dragon is the dragon described in Puhrjan's library that was born without immunity to cold but instead immunity to fire.

This place is where Fireblood Dwarves were born. In summary, a group of dwarves went into the Dungeon and didn't come back for many years. When they did get back, they were changed and had draconic properties.

The undead is an ancient Fireblood Dwarf, either their ancestors were significantly more draconic, or by still being stuck here with the Red Dragon that enslaved them enhanced their draconic properties. She's friendly, as she is a Solumite simply stuck here forever, bound by ancient magic to the Red Dragon.

To all:
    With custom rewards like those you're getting here, if anyone has any gripes with their custom reward or the like, feedback is encouraged.
    I'll let you know, but mine looks pretty good. How viable is it to remain here for a day or two? I'm thinking of pursuing the archives to see if they have any history on Solum or information on it that we normally may not be privy to. Also, is it possible to make a new copy of the weapon we burned up to get in here?

16. - Top - End - #316
    Titan in the Playground

So Abigale can't leave lol, no magical possession and the like, or was Orchid able to perfect the "new " stones?

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by QuadraticGish View Post
    I'll let you know, but mine looks pretty good. How viable is it to remain here for a day or two? I'm thinking of pursuing the archives to see if they have any history on Solum or information on it that we normally may not be privy to. Also, is it possible to make a new copy of the weapon we burned up to get in here?
    It's pretty viable to stay. Even if the dragons wake up as long as you don't take anything from the hoard or get spotted you're pretty safe. You could make a copy but there's no guarantee it would work exactly as the one found did.

Quote Originally Posted by dantiesilva View Post
    So Abigale can't leave lol, no magical possession and the like, or was Orchid able to perfect the "new " stones?
    I'm not going to be that strict. I would say if another character hands Abigale an escape stone and she uses it, it would be the same deal as if they handed her a potion and she quaffed the potion. While Abigale can't carry her own Escape Stone, I'm pretty sure there are spares. Or at least Orchid could whip one up if there isn't.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, we have dosh and xp so Orchid can make one in a day.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Titan in the Playground

If all else fails I'll be a good friend and have my zombie choke her into unconsciousness, then use a stone on her while she's out.

Looks like some really juicy rewards there. Alistair gets an Screw You, You're Dead button, Liselle gets two ways to get ahead in the action economy, Orchid's Infusions go from pre-battle buffing to something usable in an encounter, Abigail can turn five types of creatures to dust a good number of times per day, and one extra Vestige is huge, it normally takes level 14 to get a third one.

And as for me, a general improvement of my Meldshaping, access to the juicy Totem binds you usually only get with two levels of Totemist, and at last filling the gap left in the official rules, a Soulmeld that raises Craft. That's pretty much an extra level of improvement I can put in my mundane gear right there. I might even actually shape that one when going into the Dungeon. It doesn't look like much combat potential without the Heart bind, but the +1 capacity to every single Essentia receptable is huge because I'll go into Necrocarnate at 8th, so from every single body we produce I can harvest one Essentia.
    Though then again, making all my stuff a little better halfway through each Delve is just less fun than some of these Totem binds.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Hey, all! Sorry for the silence this week, but... well, the holiday I went on with a laptop and inclusive wifi? ...Didn't really include the wifi Anyway, I'll be catching up on stuff over the weekend - this is just a quick 'still atent dead' message while I have some actual signal.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ogre in the Playground

Does anyone have anything else they want to try?

22. - Top - End - #322
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by QuadraticGish View Post
    Does anyone have anything else they want to try?
    I need to pick which additional domain I get.. right now I have knowledge, travel, and trickery.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2022-06-15 at 10:59 AM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

23. - Top - End - #323
    Titan in the Playground

I am ready to leave when everyone else is.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    I need to pick which additional domain I get.. right now I have knowledge, travel, and trickery.
    Spell and Time domains are both powerful and in-line with the character.

Pride Domain has an amazing domain power, but the spells are mostly just OK.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-06-15 at 09:51 PM.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ogre in the Playground

Aside from asking for a piece of the dwarf's clothing, Orchid is pretty much ready to go.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

War is a good one for spells and the reserve feat that increases your damage output.

Other than selecting my vestige, he is ready.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

We're back in Solum, everybody can level up to 8 and start spending XP if desired (each character should have 7,999 XP to spend).

As a reminder, HP gain is half HD rolled + half HD (e.g. d12 = d6+6, d10 is d5+5, d8 is d4+4).

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright. Aegis, this level Orchid will be getting the Graft Mastery ability from Fleshwarper which pretty much does nothing since she doesn't have restrictions on graft types. What should it be replaced with? It comes up again at 5th and every odd level after.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Titan in the Playground

Aegis on page 10 post #246 I think, I posted a list of feats asking what their exp costs would be. As we are leveling up now could I get an update on that please. Also wait we can get stuff on our dead levels if we already have the ability?

30. - Top - End - #330
    Titan in the Playground

HP (1d4)[3]

+.5BAB, +.5 on all saves

+9 Skill points (+8 into Search bringing my passive up to a 24, +1 into Heal this way my CL on healing spells is always higher than it really is by a good chunk)
    +1 Wis bonus (Level)
    +1 bonus 2nd level spell, +1 bonus 6th level spell (can't cast this high yet)

Combat Medic Level
    Healing Kicker (Reflex Saves)
    Mobility
    +1 0 level spell, 1st level spell, 4th Level spell, + Domain

Healer Level
    Unicorn Companion
    +1 4th Level Spell

Vow of Peace Bonuses
    +1 Natural Armor
    Mind Shielding
    Bonus Exalted Feat (Holy Radiance)

Just need to update spell list, and get an update on the xp cost of said feats now and my sheet is up to date
    Last edited by dantiesilva; 2022-06-18 at 05:24 AM.