2. - Top - End - #332
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Aegis' Dungeoncrawler OOC II

HP: (1d3+3)[5]+5+1+28
    BAB:+1
    Saves: +1 Will
    ASI: +1 Cha

Skills: +1 UMD, +1 Heal, +3 Concentration, +2 Decipher Script

Artificer: Bonus Feat(Extend Spell), craft reserve.
    +1 3rd level infusion, +1 4th level infusion

Fleshwarper: Graft Mastery, Graft Reserve
    +1 glitterdust, grease, +1 level 2 slot, +1 level 3 slot

To be finished later.

Spoiler: Purchases/Accounting
    Show

Graft Reserve(900), Reserve(250), and exp(7999) are all going to be converted to GP, 5850 gp from Liselle, 1800 gp from Solstafir, 500 stipend, in addition to her share of 13110gp plus her left over 672.52gp from the last run giving her a starting total of 66220.27
    gp. All calculations are rounded to the nearest copper(hundreds place). For feats and research stuff, assume the EXP is paid out first for that before conversion.
    Weakening Arm -15750
    Cloak of Minor Displacement onto Cloak of Resist -7875
    Skill Focus(UMD) -2500
    Aqueous Body -5118.75
    Mucus Sheath -1968.75
    Making a reusable Escape Stone for herself -262.5
    Upgrading party Escape Stones to only require 1 round -5000
    Heavy Legs -2362.5
    Wakeful Mind -5512.5
    Strong Leg -3150
    Treebark Carapace -1260
    Darkwood Flesh -7481.25
    Dragonbone Composite Longbow(0) -250
    Adamantine arrows(40) -61
    Adamantine Spiked Claws -1502.5
    Beast Claws -5043.75
    Bow of Wintermoon -1575
    Selling old longbow 350
    Selling two potions of CLW(CL1) 50
    Selling 3 oils of magic weapon 75

Last working total: 21.77 .

Last edited by QuadraticGish; 2022-07-06 at 10:35 AM.
    My posting may be slowed due to new job.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Sacred Healing - 1,000 XP
    Domain Focus - 1,000 XP
    Spellcasting Prodigy - 2,000 XP
    Snowcasting - 1,000 XP
    Frozen Magic - 500 XP
    Frostfell Prodigy - 1,000 XP
    Enduring Life - 1,000 XP
    Lasting Life - 1,000 XP
    Heat Endurance - 1,000 XP
    Sandskimmer - 500 XP
    Constant Guardian - 2,000 XP

Other than Spellcasting Prodigy and Constant Guardian, these are all extremely situational so I don't feel justified in setting the price at the full 2k xp. As always if I'm open to feedback on feat price.

QuardraticGish I'll consider what might replace the defunct feature.
    dantiesilva, if I've given you something that negates a feature then yeah, I'll try to find something to slot in instead though it may not be as powerful as the original. If you selected classes that share unstackable features I'm not as concerned unless you feel you're unintentionally lagging behind somehow.

As a heads up I'll be away from home the rest of today and tomorrow and will be back to posting afterward.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-06-18 at 07:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Can we get a compilation of the feat costs?

5. - Top - End - #335
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis013 View Post
    Domain Focus - 1,000 XP
    Snowcasting - 1,000 XP
    Frozen Magic - 500 XP

Enduring Life - 1,000 XP
    Lasting Life - 1,000 XP
    Sandskimmer - 500 XP
    10,901exp to spend (I kept track of my own as I didn't use it all from the level up so lets see)

I will take
    Constant Guardian
    Spellcasting Prodigy
    Sacred Healing
    Domain Focus (Healing, who would have guessed)
    Enduring Life
    Heat Endurance
    Snowcasting
    Frozen Magic
    Sandskimmer

This leaves me with 901xp left

For Snowcasting would (in theory) we be able to have say a magical box following Abigale around that she just happens to reach into to grab snow (which is free and can be found anywhere thus not material wealth) if not could she keep a simple pouch on her filled with snow? It wouldn't last for a long dungeon, but for a shorter one (or one thats not extremly hot and melts all the snow) it could be useful.

(Now just to find a way to make it extremely cold around her at all times for the boost to CL and such.....hmmmm
    Last edited by dantiesilva; 2022-06-18 at 02:47 PM.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dantiesilva View Post
    10,901exp to spend (I kept track of my own as I didn't use it all from the level up so lets see)

I will take
    Constant Guardian
    Spellcasting Prodigy
    Sacred Healing
    Domain Focus (Healing, who would have guessed)
    Enduring Life
    Heat Endurance
    Snowcasting
    Frozen Magic
    Sandskimmer

This leaves me with 901xp left

For Snowcasting would (in theory) we be able to have say a magical box following Abigale around that she just happens to reach into to grab snow (which is free and can be found anywhere thus not material wealth) if not could she keep a simple pouch on her filled with snow? It wouldn't last for a long dungeon, but for a shorter one (or one thats not extremly hot and melts all the snow) it could be useful.

(Now just to find a way to make it extremely cold around her at all times for the boost to CL and such.....hmmmm
    Orchid has a Packmate Homunculus(Magic of Eberron 152) that can be used to carry stuff around.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Titan in the Playground

If Aegis will allow that all I need is a way to make it freezing cold around her at all times (due to endure elements it won't effect her) and that's an additional +2 to DCs for spells and more bonus spells.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Titan in the Playground

Potential feats bought with XP:

Midnight Dodge
    Desert Fire
    Desert Wind Dodge
    Martial Stance
    Improved Toughness

Crusader 6//Necrocarnate 1
    +1 Strength
    +1 BAB
    HP - (1d5+5)[7]
    +0.5 Fort, +0.33 Ref, +0.5 Will
    Smite 1/day
    Harvest Soul
    +1 Meldshaper level
    +1 Weaponsmith, +1 Armorer, +3 Intimidate

Necrocarnum Acolyte(500 XP)

Gonna invest my money and XP in items mostly. Making my armor and weapon Soulbound now I can harvest Essentia from corpses will allow me to get up to +5 enhancement while the item is only a +3 equivalent.
    Last edited by TheFallenOne; 2022-06-19 at 01:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff the Green View Post
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Titan in the Playground

On further consideration, also requesting XP cost of

Shape Soulmeld(I might go for the Blink Shirt totem bind)
    Split Chakra
    Double Chakra

Without alignment, how would the bonus from Incarnate Avatar work, can I just choose which one I like best?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff the Green View Post
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ogre in the Playground

I've compiled our loot this run. I'm almost certain that we as a group want someone to use the Ring of Mind Shielding so we have a way of potentially lying down the line. I'm not sure if it prevents detection that their methods aren't working, but I'm putting it out there.

Ring of Mind Shielding - The wearer is continually immune to detect thoughts, discern lies, and any attempt to magically discern her alignment. - 4000gp
    Helm of Comprehend Languages and Read Magic - The wearer can use detect thoughts at will. Furthermore, he can send a telepathic message to anyone whose surface thoughts he is reading (allowing two-way communication). Once per day, the wearer of the helm can implant a suggestion (as the spell, Will DC 14 negates) along with his telepathic message. - 2600gp
    +1 Manual of Bodily Dexterity - 13750gp
    +4 Headband of Intellect - 8000gp
    Minor Ring of Fire Resistance - this ring has an engraving of two dragons coiled together - A minor ring of energy resistance grants 10 points of resistance. - 6000gp
    Two potions of Fly - 375gp ea.
    Two potions of Cure Moderate Wounds - 150gp ea.
    Potion of Barkskin - 150gp ea

Total: 31550
    Total (including Mind Shielding): 35550

6000gp of mundane crystals
    2,000gp worth of coins and gems
    coins, gems, and art items altogether worth 12,000gp
    10,000gp worth of coins and gems.

Total: 30k

Final total per person: 10258.33gp
    Final total per person(including Mind Shielding): 10925gp

Total share/person(including mind shielding and without Abigale): 13110gp
    Last edited by QuadraticGish; 2022-06-19 at 11:40 PM.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ogre in the Playground

Doubleposting to avoid clogging up the loot post- @Aegis when you're back, what would the difference be between Dragon Cohort and Dragon Familiar in terms of bringing either to the dungeon?

EDIT: Might just end up spending my exp on grafts.
    Last edited by QuadraticGish; 2022-06-19 at 11:59 AM.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Usual question for about this time: Has anyone's crafting skills/prices changed since last level? Or the maximum stuff they can produce?

If I remember correctly, didn't Aegis say last level that we can split loot 5 ways instead of 6?

Also, we get an attribute point this level, don't we?

HP - (1d5+5)[6]

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

...That was meant to be a d12, not a d10.

HP - (1d6+6)[9]

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by whoiam View Post
    Usual question for about this time: Has anyone's crafting skills/prices changed since last level? Or the maximum stuff they can produce?

If I remember correctly, didn't Aegis say last level that we can split loot 5 ways instead of 6?

Also, we get an attribute point this level, don't we?

[roll0]
    Pretty sure VoP mandates that she has to still claim and donate her share still.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Yeah, it came up last level. Aegis basically shrugged and said we'd be rich either way, so it was up to us if we wanted to sacrifice 1/6th of our actual take, or just assume there's an extra 1/5th of 'stuff' in the dungeon that gets hauled back and donated.

I wouldn't consider it vow breaking to say that there was additional unnamed resources that Abigail is hauling back for donation purposes. I'll leave it to the group.

After all, you found about 100k gp worth of stuff more than WBL for 7th level anyway, this a game where the non vow of poverty characters will be filthy rich regardless. Though no magic mart keeps a lot of the more crazy items locked away until Orchid or Solstafir can craft them.

Once people decide if they want to eat the fruits and how many, I'll do a IC post for Solum, any updates from Prince Atticus, your team's sponsor, and post whats making the rounds in the shops in Solum. Everybody feel free to level up your character at this point.

You can also spend XP for benefits in town. Feats are a staple, though more interesting collaborative additions could also be pursued if there's something that would be thematic for your character or if you want to add things to the setting.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Titan in the Playground

Abigail has to claim her share and donate it to worthy causes. Also Abigail has the rings ability without the slot already lol

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

You can't carry over the XP, you hit a literal maximum amount of XP your character can have (the only exception I can think of is Artificer crafting reserve which doesn't count towards leveling) whenever you delve so any XP not spent between delves would've been lost.

It's in the Big 16 though it's not perfectly explicit about trying to carry XP over, it has been clarified that extra XP is basically use it or lose it: "If you would gain enough XP to gain multiple levels in a single Dungeon Delve you will instead stop at 1 point prior to gaining a 2nd level up, so if you clear a Dungeon and would gain 3,000 XP, you would instead only gain 2,999 XP putting you 1 XP away from gaining 2 levels simultaneously. This is intended to prevent you from missing out on the experience of playing your character at each level."

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallenOne View Post
    Without alignment, how would the bonus from Incarnate Avatar work, can I just choose which one I like best?
    Yes, each time you shape it, you can decide which version to take. You could even change the version with the Rapid Meldshaping feature.

Quote Originally Posted by QuadraticGish View Post
    Doubleposting to avoid clogging up the loot post- @Aegis when you're back, what would the difference be between Dragon Cohort and Dragon Familiar in terms of bringing either to the dungeon?
    Dragon Familiar can go in, Dragon Cohort cannot. Cohorts won't follow you into the Dungeon per the clarification on Leadership not being banned in the Big 16: "Leadership feat is not banned, due to its interesting potential on the social side of the game, but cohorts and followers will not and can not follow you into a Dungeon Delve."

On the topic of splitting the loot, I'm still perfectly happy hand-waving that Abigail is meeting her vow requirements with loot that wasn't explicitly mentioned. You may be able to tell but I'm not going to be a stickler for the vow requirements. The same way I wouldn't consider making a Paladin or Exalted character fall despite the team killing poor, helpless Puhrjan. I've contrived this game so you have to go kill stuff even if it's not fighting back.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Ogre in the Playground

Dragon Familiar can go in, Dragon Cohort cannot. Cohorts won't follow you into the Dungeon per the clarification on Leadership not being banned in the Big 16: "Leadership feat is not banned, due to its interesting potential on the social side of the game, but cohorts and followers will not and can not follow you into a Dungeon Delve."

On the topic of splitting the loot, I'm still perfectly happy hand-waving that Abigail is meeting her vow requirements with loot that wasn't explicitly mentioned. You may be able to tell but I'm not going to be a stickler for the vow requirements. The same way I wouldn't consider making a Paladin or Exalted character fall despite the team killing poor, helpless Puhrjan. I've contrived this game so you have to go kill stuff even if it's not fighting back.
    Gotcha. I'm gonna go ahead and make a separate total accounting for that in case everyone else is good for it.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Titan in the Playground

@Aegis
    You can't carry over the XP, you hit a literal maximum amount of XP your character can have (the only exception I can think of is Artificer crafting reserve which doesn't count towards leveling) whenever you delve so any XP not spent between delves would've been lost.

It's in the Big 16 though it's not perfectly explicit about trying to carry XP over, it has been clarified that extra XP is basically use it or lose it: "If you would gain enough XP to gain multiple levels in a single Dungeon Delve you will instead stop at 1 point prior to gaining a 2nd level up, so if you clear a Dungeon and would gain 3,000 XP, you would instead only gain 2,999 XP putting you 1 XP away from gaining 2 levels simultaneously. This is intended to prevent you from missing out on the experience of playing your character at each level."
    We're back in Solum, everybody can level up to 8 and start spending XP if desired (each character should have 7,999 XP to spend).
    Gained 21,700exp (from total encounters in this dungeon)
    1exp puts us at level 8 (21,699exp)
    -7,999 to put us just 1 exp below level 9 (13,700exp)

If I'm not mistaken (I don't think I doubled anything) I actually undercut what we should have.
    Drowned 4,200
    Plague Spewer 6,300
    Mummies 4,200
    Puhrjan 7,000

So I'm not sure how I got the math wrong the first time, but even still we should be having a great deal more than 7,000 left to spend, more than even I had used feats for honestly (starts looking at remaining exp to spend and how much each feat costs). I will in the end differ to your call though, as you are a very laid back DM and don't want to stress about something thats not a big deal. Just wanted you to see the math from the exp you gave us before I erase feats first.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Each delve, if fully cleared, gives enough XP to get us from the minimum XP we can start with (i.e. just enough to qualify for our current level) to the maximum XP we can end with (1 below levelling up twice).

Carrying spare XP between levels doesn't do us any good, since we'll hit each delve's XP cap anyway, and the remainder of the earned XP will be wasted.

So spend all the XP you can between each delve!

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

@Aegis

Gained 21,700exp (from total encounters in this dungeon)
    1exp puts us at level 8 (21,699exp)
    -7,999 to put us just 1 exp below level 9 (13,700exp)

If I'm not mistaken (I don't think I doubled anything) I actually undercut what we should have.
    Drowned 4,200
    Plague Spewer 6,300
    Mummies 4,200
    Puhrjan 7,000

So I'm not sure how I got the math wrong the first time, but even still we should be having a great deal more than 7,000 left to spend, more than even I had used feats for honestly (starts looking at remaining exp to spend and how much each feat costs). I will in the end differ to your call though, as you are a very laid back DM and don't want to stress about something thats not a big deal. Just wanted you to see the math from the exp you gave us before I erase feats first.
    Each delve, if fully cleared, gives enough XP to get us from the minimum XP we can start with (i.e. just enough to qualify for our current level) to the maximum XP we can end with (1 below levelling up twice).

Carrying spare XP between levels doesn't do us any good, since we'll hit each delve's XP cap anyway, and the remainder of the earned XP will be wasted.

So spend all the XP you can between each delve!
    whoiam has it. If you went into this delve with 24,000 XP (21k being level 7), you would stop gaining XP at the cap of 35,999 XP (1xp away from level 9). Your character wouldn't be able to gain XP above the cap during the delve so any additional XP rewards simply wouldn't add to your total. Since you immediately level up upon getting to Solum (it's in the Big 16 which can be found in the OP), if you were able to carry 36,000 XP to Solum, you would just immediately level to 9 and would still have less XP to play with.

I don't want to punish someone for a misunderstanding, and looking back this was explicitly clarified before you joined. Thus, unless there is an objection, I'll allow you to spend your unspent XP from last time this time only, as long as it is on things that don't cost more than the total you could've had to spend (that would cost 8k or more).

Thundercracker and Yas392, I'll grant the same if you're in a similar position.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-06-20 at 07:59 AM.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Ogre in the Playground

I think Solstafir got some changes, but otherwise Orchid is still limited to only faking spell pre-reqs up to 5th level.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Ogre in the Playground

Are Beast Claws from Savage Species(p.49) permitted since I believe it's 3.0 content? EDIT: Nevermind, I just realize it would overwrite my higher crit multiplier.
    EDIT 2: Oh yeah, Orchid will take of making a replacement escape stone for Abigale.
    Last edited by QuadraticGish; 2022-06-20 at 11:17 AM.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Yas392 View Post
    Can we get a compilation of the feat costs?
    @Aegis013 Just re-posting my question.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

I think this an exhaustive list of the feats that have been priced so far in no particular order:

Martial Weapon Proficiency or Armor Proficiency feats: 200 XP
    Sanctify Relic: 2,000 XP
    True Believer: 500 XP
    Expanded Knowledge: 2,000 XP
    Corpsecrafter 2,000xp.
    Shieldmate: 1,000xp.
    Devoted Bulwark: 1,000xp.
    Stone Power: 2,000xp.
    Vital Recovery: 2,000xp.
    White Raven Defense: 1,000xp.
    Extraordinary Artisan: 2,000 xp
    Legendary Artisan: 2,000 xp
    Archivist of Nature: 1,000 xp
    Draconid Archivist: 1,000 xp
    Skill Focus: 500 xp
    Split Chakra: 2000 xp
    Necrocarnum Acolyte: 500xp
    Expanded Soulmeld Capacity: 2000 xp
    Weapon Focus: 500 xp
    Melodic Casting 2000 xp
    Obtain Familiar 1000 xp
    Any version of Dodge: 500 xp
    Mobility: 500 xp
    Combat Expertise: 500 xp
    Improved Sunder: 500 xp
    Improved Bullrush: 500 xp
    Ironheart Aura: 500 xp
    Speed of Thought: 1,000 xp
    Stand Still: 2,000 xp
    Craft Cognizance Crystal: 2000 xp
    Craft Dorje: 2000 xp
    Elusive Target: 2000 xp
    Karmic Strike: 2000 xp
    Shock Troopher 2000 xp
    Magical Artisan 2000xp
    Draconic Familiar 1500 xp
    Maximize Spell 2000 xp
    Touch of Healing 2000 xp
    Cleave 1000 xp
    Great cleave 2000 xp
    Quick Draw 500 xp
    Adaptive Style 2000 xp
    Psicrystal Affinity 1000 xp
    Master of Day and Night 5000 xp
    Initiator of ilmater 2000 xp
    Travel Devotion 2000 xp
    Infernal Adept 1000 xp
    Improved Familiar 2000 xp
    Extra Invocation 1000 xp
    Pisonic Meditation - 1000 xp
    Wild Talent - 1000 xp
    Psionic Shot - 1000 xp
    Greater Psionic Shot - 2000 xp
    Ritual Blessing - 1000 xp
    Faith Unswerving - 2000 xp
    Combat Reflexes 1000 xp
    Augment Healing 1000 xp
    Point Blank Shot 500 xp
    Precise Shot 500 xp
    Battle Caster - 1000 xp
    Bonus Essentia 1000 xp
    Shadow Blade 2000 xp
    Daring Outlaw 2000 xp
    Improved TWF 2000 xp
    Power Critical 1000 xp
    Power Attack 2000 xp
    Martial Study 2000 xp
    Martial Stance 2000 xp
    Extend Spell 2000 xp
    Divine Metamagic 10,000 xp
    Persistent Spell 10,000 xp
    Rapid Spell - 2000 xp
    Extra Turning 1000 xp
    Augment Summoning 2000 xp
    Open Minded 1000 xp
    Lightning Reflexes, Iron Will or Great Fortitude - 500 xp
    Domain Focus - 1,000 XP
    Snowcasting - 1,000 XP
    Frozen Magic - 500 XP
    Enduring Life - 1,000 XP
    Lasting Life - 1,000 XP
    Sandskimmer - 500 XP

26. - Top - End - #356
    Ogre in the Playground

How much XP would it cost to research reusable Escape Stone or ones that can be activated more quickly? 1000xp?
    Last edited by QuadraticGish; 2022-06-20 at 02:44 PM.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Titan in the Playground

whoiam has it. If you went into this delve with 24,000 XP (21k being level 7), you would stop gaining XP at the cap of 35,999 XP (1xp away from level 9). Your character wouldn't be able to gain XP above the cap during the delve so any additional XP rewards simply wouldn't add to your total. Since you immediately level up upon getting to Solum (it's in the Big 16 which can be found in the OP), if you were able to carry 36,000 XP to Solum, you would just immediately level to 9 and would still have less XP to play with.

I don't want to punish someone for a misunderstanding, and looking back this was explicitly clarified before you joined. Thus, unless there is an objection, I'll allow you to spend your unspent XP from last time this time only, as long as it is on things that don't cost more than the total you could've had to spend (that would cost 8k or more).

Thundercracker and Yas392, I'll grant the same if you're in a similar position.
    Okay thank you for clearing that up, I think I understand now. I will simply not use Constant Guardian until we return then as it is a 2,000xp feat and thats what I am over by.

Abigale will split her share of wealth between
    Paying her brother for keeping an eye on their sister while she was gone (and thus taking care of her if she had any needs)
    Buying medical supplies that she brings to the little hospice she is working out of (next level I plan on taking the Landlord feat and getting an actual building that she works out of/temple)
    Buying Provisions for the people in the poor district
    Giving farmers (and other such industries) money that are in need of it or else they will be foreclosed on
    what remains will be put into the parties secret dabbles of learning about the elixir/making their own, and other such stuff.

All this is after the cost of an escape stone for her is skimmed off the top
    Last edited by dantiesilva; 2022-06-20 at 11:46 PM.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ogre in the Playground

I thought that ring of mind shielding might've been more useful but I realized it doesn't stop Zone of Truth; only discern lies.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by QuadraticGish View Post
    How much XP would it cost to research reusable Escape Stone or ones that can be activated more quickly? 1000xp?
    Because it's just a nuisance level of expense at this point to burn the 3,000gp for another set of Escape Stones for the group, I'll say Orchid is able to make reusable stones without any investment.

Making them faster would cost XP, I'd say:
    1 round: 1,000 xp (triggers at the start of your turn the following round, like Summon Monster)
    Full action: 2,000 xp
    Standard action: 3,000 xp
    Move action: 5,000 xp
    Immediate action: 10,000xp

It wouldn't affect the price for you to make them, though I'll also rule that these special Escape Stones would need to be attuned to the person. To avoid VoP issues, I'd say the process for Abigale makes her Escape Stone count as a Relic (BoED) so it doesn't count against VoP.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Titan in the Playground

Wait relics don't count against VOP....