New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Aegis' Dungeoncrawler OOC II

Quote Originally Posted by QuadraticGish View Post
    How's everyone else looking?
    Analysis paralysis, is there a deadline?
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

2. - Top - End - #392
    Titan in the Playground

Abigale has been done since almost day one of leaving the Dungeon, one of the benefits of her simplicity.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    I'll probably look at starting the next delve sometime this weekend unless multiple players want/need additional time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ogre in the Playground

Looking for help?
    My posting may be slowed due to new job.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Titan in the Playground

Offers / suggestions will not be discounted, much appreciated. This level I want to bump my weapons, get crafted kurki that expand the crit multiplier and then put enchantments on them, since I already have the keen edge wand, and the auto nat20 ability. Not sure which enchantments to get.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2022-07-07 at 05:35 PM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

6. - Top - End - #396
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Orchid's has not and is still stuck emulating 5th level spells at best. Though now she can basically access any spell up to 4th level through Spell Storing item without incurring the normal xp cost of that infusion so I think passing her UMD is pretty much a given now for crafting. Aegis, do you still want me to roll UMD for crafting items?

EDIT: 13110gp actually and 7999 xp.
    I seem to be neglecting this thread. Going to be doing my sheet now.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ogre in the Playground

Offers / suggestions will not be discounted, much appreciated. This level I want to bump my weapons, get crafted kurki that expand the crit multiplier and then put enchantments on them, since I already have the keen edge wand, and the auto nat20 ability. Not sure which enchantments to get.
    So I got a list of suggestions.
    • You could do what I did, and get a new composite bow(+0) made with dragonbone to get the +20ft range increment and then turn it into a Bow of Wintermoon(MIC) which makes it always adjust to your strength bonus.
    • buy a replacement teleport stone since we used the last ones and these will at least be reusable now.
    • Get the True Believer(Ehlonna) feat and buy two raptor arrows(MIC). They basically have bane(everything).
    • Scrolls for a rainy dungeon run
    • Magebane(MIC) is hard to go wrong with on weapons. You could also look at Dispelling, Greater(MIC) if you want to rip some buffs away for free. Eager(MIC) is a free +2 init. Energy Surge(MIC) can provide some more free damage, but it's uses might be limited too much by your con. You might like Enervating(MIC) since it dishes out negative levels without saves, but you might not want that all the time in case of undead. Heavenly(MIC) is a 3d6 against evil(in our case anything in the dungeon) creatures on crit. Holy Surge(MIC) goes right on it too. There's also a lot more other good stuff just in the MIC.
    • Feathered Wings(Fiend Folio) graft is fly speed equal to your movement with average maneuverability.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Titan in the Playground

Sadly I am not much help, I tend to take VoP as the hassle of buying stuff is often more trouble then its worth (or I go with a theme a bit to hard and end up losing power for flavor, which I mean is fun for me, but not everyones cup of tea).

9. - Top - End - #399

AssassinGuy

Tentative Purchases XP (7999 xp; May subject to change)

Travel Devotion (2,000 xp)
    Iron Will & Lightning Reflexes (1,000 xp)
    Planar Touchstone: Catalogue of Enlightenment; Inquisitor Domain (2010 xp)
    Extra Invocation (All-Seeing Eye) (1000 xp)
    Open-Minded (1000 xp)

Remaining XP: 0 xp (989 xp converted to gold)

Tentative Purchases Gold (18603 gold; May subject to change)

Planar Touchstone (250 gold)
    Shadow Cloak (4485.94 gold; 1237 gold and 5 silver commission paid to Orchid) (Orchid)
    Glove of the Master Strategist (1957.5 gold; 540 gold commission paid to Orchid) (Orchid)
    Escape Stone (271.88 gold; 75 gold commission paid to Orchid) (Orchid)
    Upping Mithral Chain Shirt to +3 (4900 gold; 1,200 gold commission paid to Solstafir) (Solstafir)
    Crystal of Adaptation, Greater (1631.25 gold; 450 gold commission paid to Orchid) (Orchid)
    Crystal of Adaptation, Least (Sold for 250 gold)
    Fast Legs x2 (4350 gold; 1,200 gold commission paid to Orchid) (Orchid)
    Dispelling Cord (543.75 gold; 150 gold commission paid to Orchid) (Orchid)
    Masterwork Tools x2 (100 gold)

Remaining gold: 177 gold 8 silver 2 copper
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-11-04 at 03:12 AM.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Titan in the Playground

Request feat costs for:
    Telling Blow (Gain sneak attack damage on critical hits)
    Sense Weakness (Combat expertise, weapon focus, when using a weapon you are focused in, ignore up to 5 points of DR).
    Disemboweling Strike (weapon focus any slashing, -4d6 sneak attack, deals 1d4 con damage)
    Improved Skirmish (+2d6 skirmish and +1 AC after moving 20')
    Swift Ambusher (rogue and scout levels stack for skirmish).
    Can we put the feat cost list on page 1 of the OOC to find it easier?

Right now looking at:

Combat Expertise - 500
    Mobility - 500
    Solstafir mastercrafted adamantine kukri +1 (with improved crit multiplier, what would be the cost?)
    I'd like to get the prismatic burst ability on one of them, which is +30k GP and CL13, can that be done by any of our crafters?
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2022-07-08 at 10:38 PM.
    TC for short

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd like to get the prismatic burst ability on one of them, which is +30k GP and CL13, can that be done by any of our crafters?
    I can't really do it sooner than 11th level unless we somehow come across a scroll of Prismatic Spray or some other item that is capable of casting it.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Titan in the Playground

Noticed a mistake with my purchases. I forgot my axe was already a +2 equivalent with Martial Discipline Weapon, so I underspent when adding Soulbound. That means I can't afford the Xansia item now. I'll still buy it after the next Delve because not taking it after the effect was revealed doesn't seem fair play.

Oh and I get a replacement Escape Stone too, 500 GP I believe unless Orchid can produce them.

The luxury route:
    Abyssal Bloodiron(PlH p. 69) kukri, pierces DR as cold iron, untyped +4 on critical hit confirmation. 10.000 GP, which I craft for 1/3 plus 15% comission. Careful though, each magical enhancement costs an additional 2000 GP with this material. In the long-term a +5 going from 50.000 GP to 60.000 GP. Might be worth it if you really want to go all-in on the crit fishing.

In the same vein, you might go for a simple +3 instead of any special effects. +3 gives access to greater weapon crystals, with Truedeath allowing sneak attacks and critical hits against undead, and Demolition doing the same for constructs. Unless of course you already have another way set up to bypass immunity beyond that fancy 1/encounter ability.

As for the kukris, I can currently make them at 1d6 base damage, 17-20/x4 for some nice oomph. If you go for Strongarm Bracers I can make them a size larger, 1d8 base damage. Doesn't seem worth the item slot though for just 1 average damage.

As for the prismatic, my CL is 3x Iron Soul Forgemaster level, so I can hit CL 13 at level 11 too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff the Green View Post
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Titan in the Playground

I have penetrating strike already, which allows sneak attack against anything.

For the Kurkis, We can eschew the expanded crit threat range bc I have a wand of keen strike for that.
    Might be a good idea to wait on the weapons and get Mithral breastplate +1 and add a miss chance to it or something…
    TC for short

14. - Top - End - #404
    Titan in the Playground

The crafting increases the base crit chance, so should stack with Keen. Though we definitely should set a maximum base crit just like we set max modifier at x4, otherwise things could get out of hand quick.

As for armour, my recommendation would be mithral fullplate, distributing my 25 above DC as +2 max dex(+15), +1 armor(+5), -5 movement speed reduction(+5). Net result: 9 base armor, 5 max dex, at the cost of 3 armor check penalty and five feet of movement. Cost: 3550 to craft, 1,597.5 comission. Quite cheap for 4 points of extra armor, or 5 with a +1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff the Green View Post
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

15. - Top - End - #405

AssassinGuy

@Aegis013 Can I get costs for these?

Planar Touchstone
    Soultouched Spellcasting
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-07-09 at 12:54 PM.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Request feat costs for:
    Can we put the feat cost list on page 1 of the OOC to find it easier?
    Telling Blow 2,000xp
    Sense Weakness 2,000xp
    Disemboweling Strike 2,000xp
    Improved Skirmish 2,000xp
    Swift Ambusher 2,000xp

Excellent idea. Done. The feat cost compendium is in the OP, in spoilers at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Yas392 View Post
    @Aegis013 Can I get costs for these?

Planar Touchstone
    Soultouched Spellcasting
    Soultouched Spellcasting 2,000

I've read through the Planar Touchstone information in Planar Handbook since you're requesting it. It's material I haven't personally used previously. If I understand it correctly, you could choose to attune to any planar sight to get the base ability if you take the Planar Touchstone feat, making it pretty much a variety grab bag of small or interesting benefits. Though to get any of the Higher-Order/improved abilities you'd have to meet specific conditions.

How would you want the Higher-Order Abilities to work? Spend XP to skip to say Levi or other purchasing character completed the conditions during their time in Solum (off-screen)? Add Touchstone powers into the potential loot items in the Dungeon? Something completely different?

It's hard to price due to the complexity of the feat.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-07-09 at 02:32 PM.

17. - Top - End - #407

AssassinGuy

Nothing complex. I am aiming for the base ability from Catalogues of Enlightenment for the domain granted power, not any higher order abilities.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-07-09 at 03:41 PM.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Planar Touchstone - 2,000XP - you can pick your base ability before each delve.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ogre in the Playground

Looks like we're in for some real **** now.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Titan in the Playground

Just keep your hand on a wall and nothing bad can happen. Might take twice as long to do, but we will eventually get out lol

21. - Top - End - #411

AssassinGuy

Is it me or did we get more skill points? I am not sure how I got 40.

@Aegis013 What is the cost for dash feat? Do we suffer penalties for grafts (e.g committing evil acts if we graft or have someone graft fiendish grafts on us)? Can I buy an unlimited charge dispelling cord?
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-07-11 at 09:30 AM.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Titan in the Playground

Advancement:

Rogue 5- no change to BAB or Saves
    Cloistered Cleric 8 - +1 fort, will
    Stat +1 Wis
    HP: (1d3+4)[7]
    13 skill points: 6 knowledges, tumble, disable device, 5 concentration.
    feats:
    combat expertise 500
    mobility 500
    Telling Blow 1000
    Sense Weakness 2000
    Cleave 1000

2k xp converted to 10k gold, plus 13110gp, to purchase:

escape stone 500
    abyssal bloodiron kukri 3833.33
    abyssal bloodiron kukri 3833.33
    +1 4000
    +1 4000
    mithral fullplate 4947
    +1 1000

leave 996.33 gp left over.
    Let me know if anything is wrong with my math.

Also, what would boots of continuous divine insight cost? For next level, because skill checks...

Edit: Also yes, I'm going to go full out on the crits, with blood in the water stance plus dervish (dance) next level to rack up untyped +1/+1's for every crit I land.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2022-07-11 at 08:29 AM.
    TC for short

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ogre in the Playground

Also, what would boots of continuous divine insight cost? For next level, because skill checks...
    We aren't allowed to make custom magic items.

24. - Top - End - #414

AssassinGuy

OK. We get 2 extra skill points it seems.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Titan in the Playground

I'm heading to work now, I do have mass resist energy prepared so save your infusion. They are more versatile than my buff and heal list.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Is it me or did we get more skill points? I am not sure how I got 40.

@Aegis013 What is the cost for dash feat? Do we suffer penalties for grafts (e.g committing evil acts if we graft or have someone graft fiendish grafts on us)? Can I buy an unlimited charge dispelling cord?
    Looks like you found the additional skill points answer in the Big 16.

Dash - 1,000 XP

No on the limitless dispelling cord (custom items exist but aren't available for purchase/craft). You could buy a small set and basically have it be 5/encounter and just swap out between the set between fights since you usually have a bit of time.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Ogre in the Playground

Do we suffer penalties for grafts (e.g committing evil acts if we graft or have someone graft fiendish grafts on us)?
    Grafts specifically made by Orchid have all their downsides/penalties removed.
    Last edited by QuadraticGish; 2022-07-11 at 12:18 PM.

28. - Top - End - #418

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis013 View Post
    Looks like you found the additional skill points answer in the Big 16.

Dash - 1,000 XP

No on the limitless dispelling cord (custom items exist but aren't available for purchase/craft). You could buy a small set and basically have it be 5/encounter and just swap out between the set between fights since you usually have a bit of time.
    I do not see it in big 16. It must have came up somewhere in the previous or current thread.

Grafts specifically made by Orchid have all their downsides/penalties removed.
    Nice. I am going to order a pair of replacement fast legs for Levi then. Levi is very slow with those little legs.

@TheFallenOne Do we get free 500 gold for subsequent armor purchases or is it just the first?

Just finishing up before I post. I want to make adjustments to Levi before I perform his actions for him.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-07-11 at 01:06 PM.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

I do not see it in big 16. It must have came up somewhere in the previous or current thread.

Nice. I am going to order a pair of replacement fast legs for Levi then. Levi is very slow with those little legs.

@TheFallenOne Do we get free 500 gold for subsequent armor purchases or is it just the first?

Just finishing up before I post. I want to make adjustments to Levi before I perform his actions for him.
    I must've misremembered, I've done games with skill point bumps in the past but you're right that it's not in the 16.

30. - Top - End - #420

AssassinGuy

Bindings for the Day

Tenebrous (Rebuke Undead): (1d20+15)[29]

Dantalion: (1d20+15)[31]

Forgemaster Zhrine: (1d20+15)[17]

EDIT: OK. A vain halfling. I can play that.

EDIT2: Will be posting IC later today.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-07-11 at 02:00 PM.