New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: Aegis' Dungeoncrawler OOC II

Quote Originally Posted by QuadraticGish View Post
    I don't actually have a way to drop it. After casting, it lasts for concentration + CL rounds.
    ...Well, that's a shame. I'll have to reposition too much to get around the wall, so no full attack this round :(

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by whoiam View Post
    How many of Solstafir's attacks were hits? (Since that makes a difference to Liselle's current HP).
    All three of Solstafir's attacks hit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Just noting, Anklet of Translocation only requires a Swift action. Quite the useful low budget item.

By the way, found a way to make use of Snake's Swiftness after all. I got a shield sheath from which I can draw a throwing hammer as a free action. It's not much, but I'll take it if you use the spell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff the Green View Post
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallenOne View Post
    Just noting, Anklet of Translocation only requires a Swift action. Quite the useful low budget item.

By the way, found a way to make use of Snake's Swiftness after all. I got a shield sheath from which I can draw a throwing hammer as a free action. It's not much, but I'll take it if you use the spell.
    Good catch.
    My posting may be slowed due to new job.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Well, that looks maybe like two critical hits for ~50 each, hopefully that’s enough
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2022-02-28 at 08:24 PM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Great job team, super proud of everyone working together as a team as well as we did. Now for the serious question. To eat the fruit or not eat the fruit....after all Abigale is dying of some unknown, so far uncureable aliement. I think she will eat one, but I'm curious what others think first.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dantiesilva View Post
    Great job team, super proud of everyone working together as a team as well as we did. Now for the serious question. To eat the fruit or not eat the fruit....after all Abigale is dying of some unknown, so far uncureable aliement. I think she will eat one, but I'm curious what others think first.
    Yeah, we were really starting to run into problems there at the end. As for that, good question. Orchid has eaten one before, but it only landed her an untyped +1 to Cha.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Hey why stop at one, let’s have abigale eat all 12 :p. Maybe it’s just very late at night but the picture of an adventurer just gorging themselves on mystical fruits after a tough fight is hilarious to me.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2022-03-01 at 11:30 AM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Loot list, items at selling price

Cash: 34,600

Arcane Scrolls:
    Mage Armor 12.5
    Read Magic, Grease, Undetectable Alignment 42.5
    Unseen Servant 12.5
    Protection from Arrows 75
    Rope Trick 75
    Hypnotism, Summon Monster I, Blur 100
    Disguise Self, Blindness/Deafness, Pyrotechnics 162.5

Divine Scrolls:

Goodberry 12.5
    Wind Wall 187.5

Potions:

2x Blur 300
    2x Bull's Strength 300
    9x Cure Light Wounds 225
    2x Cure Moderate Wounds 300
    3x Cure Serious Wounds 1,125
    Darkvision 150
    Jump 25
    Haste 375
    2x Lesser Restoration 300
    2x Nondetection 800
    4x Protection from Foe 100
    Remove Paralysis 150
    Sanctuary 25
    6x Water Breathing 2,250

Magic Items:

Hoinnia's Assassination Rapier 12,000
    +1 Mithral Chain Shirt 1,050
    Ring of Natural Armor +1 1,000
    2x Ring of Protection +1 2,000
    +1 Composite Shortbow (+2 str) 1,287.5
    Bracers of Armor +1 500
    +1 Defending Longsword 4,157.5
    Bag of Tricks (Grey) 450
    Bag of Tricks (Tan) 3,150
    Dust of Dryness 425
    Ioun Stone (Clear Spindle) 2,000
    Pearl of Power (3rd level) 4,500
    Ring of Climbing 1,250
    Ring of Evasion 12,500
    Metamagic Rod of Empower 16,250
    Metamagic Rod of Maximize, Lesser 7,000
    Tattered Otherworldly Robe 25,000

This makes a total of 136,225 GP. I assume we divide by five since Sister Abigail has Vow of Poverty, leaving everyone at a share of 27,245 GP in cash or claimed items at the values listed here.
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Loot list, items at selling price

Cash: 34,600

Arcane Scrolls:
    Mage Armor 12.5
    Read Magic, Grease, Undetectable Alignment 42.5
    Unseen Servant 12.5
    Protection from Arrows 75
    Rope Trick 75
    Hypnotism, Summon Monster I, Blur 100
    Disguise Self, Blindness/Deafness, Pyrotechnics 162.5

Divine Scrolls:

Goodberry 12.5
    Wind Wall 187.5

Potions:

2x Blur 300
    2x Bull's Strength 300
    9x Cure Light Wounds 225
    2x Cure Moderate Wounds 300
    3x Cure Serious Wounds 1,125
    Darkvision 150
    Jump 25
    Haste 375
    2x Lesser Restoration 300
    2x Nondetection 800
    4x Protection from Foe 100
    Remove Paralysis 150
    Sanctuary 25
    6x Water Breathing 2,250

Magic Items:

Hoinnia's Assassination Rapier 12,000
    +1 Mithral Chain Shirt 1,050
    Ring of Natural Armor +1 1,000
    2x Ring of Protection +1 2,000
    +1 Composite Shortbow (+2 str) 1,287.5
    Bracers of Armor +1 500
    +1 Defending Longsword 4,157.5
    Bag of Tricks (Grey) 450
    Bag of Tricks (Tan) 3,150
    Dust of Dryness 425
    Ioun Stone (Clear Spindle) 2,000
    Pearl of Power (3rd level) 4,500
    Ring of Climbing 1,250
    Ring of Evasion 12,500
    Metamagic Rod of Empower 16,250
    Metamagic Rod of Maximize, Lesser 7,000
    Tattered Otherworldly Robe 25,000

This makes a total of 136,225 GP. I assume we divide by five since Sister Abigail has Vow of Poverty, leaving everyone at a share of 27,245 GP in cash or claimed items at the values listed here.
    Vow of poverty doesn't work like that. It means I can't keep my share. I have to donate it and such as soon as possible, it strictly says can't give it to the rest of the party.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

In that case, Excel tells me I earned 22704.16667GP this delve! (Yeah, 6ths don't look good as decimals...) Might grab a couple of the potions, but I meant what I said about Liselle not really wanting any of the loot. Most of it's not terribly well suited to her build, anyway.

Anyway, getting started early on the level-up process: Liselle's getting her 7th level of Warblade and her 4th of Psion (Kineticist), so that's a d12 HD: (1d6+6)[12]. +1 BAB, +1/2 Fort, +1/3 Ref, +1/2 Will, Battle Cunning (+Int insight bonus to damage against flanked or flat-footed opponents), an extra Warblade maneuver known, 2 new Psion powers, and 4+Int skill points. Plus one regular feat, since we're using the pathfinder feat progression and this is an odd level.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

So this level I'll be grabbing my 2nd level into Fleshwarper and then my 7th Artificer level. So a d6 hd, a point of bab, 1/2 fort and will, 1/3rd reflex. Infusions don't advance at all, but I get my craft and graft reserves filled. I get the almighty craft wand, the ability to mimic 5th levels spells for purposes of crafting, 3rd level spells, and then an Elder Secret. My first thoughts are either Secret of the Beholder, Secret of the Ettercap, or Secret of the Otyugh. First one gets a +4 bonus to spot and search, and then flanking immunity that would make barbarians call hax(it's unbeatable flanking immunity). Second is straight up immunity to sonic energy. Last one is global disease immunity.

Edit: Should've written down some notes for myself, I need to figure out what feat to get.
    Edit 2: Apparently on my wishlist page in my crafting spreadsheet there was Aqueous Body. That water breathing and improved water combat would've been really nice here.
    Edit 3: Anyone remember what Orchid's usual commission pricing was? I apparently never wrote it down. Probably will go hunting for it tomorrow.
    Last edited by QuadraticGish; 2022-03-01 at 10:27 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Dibs on the cure potions unless someone wants them.

EDIT: I recall Levi got the serious cure from the fight before the two previous. Just need to grab a masterwork belt.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-03-01 at 11:30 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by dantiesilva View Post
    Vow of poverty doesn't work like that. It means I can't keep my share. I have to donate it and such as soon as possible, it strictly says can't give it to the rest of the party.
    I wouldn't consider it vow breaking to say that there was additional unnamed resources that Abigail is hauling back for donation purposes. I'll leave it to the group.

After all, you found about 100k gp worth of stuff more than WBL for 7th level anyway, this a game where the non vow of poverty characters will be filthy rich regardless. Though no magic mart keeps a lot of the more crazy items locked away until Orchid or Solstafir can craft them.

Once people decide if they want to eat the fruits and how many, I'll do a IC post for Solum, any updates from Prince Atticus, your team's sponsor, and post whats making the rounds in the shops in Solum. Everybody feel free to level up your character at this point.

You can also spend XP for benefits in town. Feats are a staple, though more interesting collaborative additions could also be pursued if there's something that would be thematic for your character or if you want to add things to the setting.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-03-02 at 12:03 AM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis013 View Post
    I wouldn't consider it vow breaking to say that there was additional unnamed resources that Abigail is hauling back for donation purposes. I'll leave it to the group.

After all, you found about 100k gp worth of stuff more than WBL for 7th level anyway, this a game where the non vow of poverty characters will be filthy rich regardless. Though no magic mart keeps a lot of the more crazy items locked away until Orchid or Solstafir can craft them.

Once people decide if they want to eat the fruits and how many, I'll do a IC post for Solum, any updates from Prince Atticus, your team's sponsor, and post whats making the rounds in the shops in Solum. Everybody feel free to level up your character at this point.

You can also spend XP for benefits in town. Feats are a staple, though more interesting collaborative additions could also be pursued if there's something that would be thematic for your character or if you want to add things to the setting.
    I'm not sure what it counts as, but I think Abigail mentioned something along the lines of hiring Orchid out to do to grafts for the community.

Edit: Is it possible for Orchid to spend XP to study the fruit while they're still in the dungeon?
    Last edited by QuadraticGish; 2022-03-02 at 02:01 AM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Knowledge: (1d20+10)[13]
    Any additional pearls of wisdom about the fruits?
    TC for short

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

So this level I'll be grabbing my 2nd level into Fleshwarper and then my 7th Artificer level. So a d6 hd, a point of bab, 1/2 fort and will, 1/3rd reflex. Infusions don't advance at all, but I get my craft and graft reserves filled. I get the almighty craft wand, the ability to mimic 5th levels spells for purposes of crafting, 3rd level spells, and then an Elder Secret. My first thoughts are either Secret of the Beholder, Secret of the Ettercap, or Secret of the Otyugh. First one gets a +4 bonus to spot and search, and then flanking immunity that would make barbarians call hax(it's unbeatable flanking immunity). Second is straight up immunity to sonic energy. Last one is global disease immunity.

Edit: Should've written down some notes for myself, I need to figure out what feat to get.
    Edit 2: Apparently on my wishlist page in my crafting spreadsheet there was Aqueous Body. That water breathing and improved water combat would've been really nice here.
    Edit 3: Anyone remember what Orchid's usual commission pricing was? I apparently never wrote it down. Probably will go hunting for it tomorrow.
    The costs from my previous round of shopping:

Solstafir's Crafting Allowance: 1250 GP

Buying from Solstafir: 15% (Commission)
    33% (Cost)

Buying from Orchid: 15% (Commission) Wondrous or Magic Arms and Armor
    52.5% (Cost) Magic Arms and Armor
    39.375% (Cost) Wondrous Items

18. - Top - End - #48
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Knowledge checks on the knowledge we don't have on dungeon fruits

Knowledge (Arcana): (1d20+7)[15]

Knowledge (Planes): (1d20+3)[12]

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

The costs from my previous round of shopping:

Solstafir's Crafting Allowance: 1250 GP

Buying from Solstafir: 15% (Commission)
    33% (Cost)

Buying from Orchid: 15% (Commission) Wondrous or Magic Arms and Armor
    52.5% (Cost) Magic Arms and Armor
    39.375% (Cost) Wondrous Items
    I have Magical Artisan for Grafts as well.

Edit: Is that the pure GP cost? It has been a while so I don't remember how the math works out. For reference, right now I have Extraordinary Artisan, Legendary Artisan, and Magical Artisan(Grafts, Wondrous) to cut down costs with.
    Last edited by QuadraticGish; 2022-03-02 at 10:33 AM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

I have Magical Artisan for Grafts as well.

Edit: Is that the pure GP cost? It has been a while so I don't remember how the math works out. For reference, right now I have Extraordinary Artisan, Legendary Artisan, and Magical Artisan(Grafts, Wondrous) to cut down costs with.
    Combined GP+XP costs, converted to GP, and quoted as a % of the item's market price.

I don't have a record of whatever price you may have been quoting for grafts, I'm afraid, since Liselle hasn't ever bought any.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Combined GP+XP costs, converted to GP, and quoted as a % of the item's market price.

I don't have a record of whatever price you may have been quoting for grafts, I'm afraid, since Liselle hasn't ever bought any.
    It would effectively cost the same as Wondrous items now.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

Default for magical crafting is 50% gold plus 4 % XP. With our 5:1 gold to XP conversion that comes to 70% market price.

Solstafir receives Craft Magic Arms and Armor this level from Iron Soul Forgemaster and takes the Magical Artisan feat.. Thus, he can make magic weapons and armor for the rest of the party up to CL6(going up by 3 for each further Iron Soul Forgemaster level) for 52.5% market price plus 15% comission, meaning you get your goods almost a third cheaper.

For mundame gear its even better as those are crafted for 1/3 market price plus 15% comission,, so less than half. Special materials recommended, and he makes every item Dwarvencraft(Races of Stone) by default.

We also decided to let smiths with higher Craft checks create better gear to reward skill investment and add some fluff to the Foundry instead of having things peak at DC20 Masterwork.

For every 5 points beyond the DC you can change a numeric value on the armor or weapon by some degree. Each subsequent change on the same value adds +10 to the DC (to give +1 value must beat DC by 5, +2 requires 15 over, +3 25 over, +4 35 over, etc)

Armor categories being AC (+1), Max Dex (+1), Armor Check Penalty (-3), Arcane Spell Failure (-5%), Speed reduction (-5 feet of reduction), tower shield attack penalty(-1).
    Weapon categories being damage die type, crit range (+1), crit multiplier (+1, max 4). Or for ranged weapons include range increment (+5 thrown, +10 projectile).
    Solstafir with Take Ten currently beats DC 22 Dwarvencraft by 15, meaning gear created by him can either have one category improved twice(say a scimitar with 18-20/x4 crit) and three different categories improved once each(greatsword with 3d6 base damage, 18-20/x3 crit).

In other words, come to papa, shop's open.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

A few things

1). Abigale will be getting her 2nd level of combat medic giving her defensive casting and field medic (which both are more situational useful abilities, but still rather good overall) and level 7 as a healer giving her effortless healing so she no longer provokes AoO at all when casting Healing subschool spells from the healer class (is it possible to just make it flat healing spells? If not its all cool)

2). If no one wants it Abigale would take Hoinnia's Assassination Rapier (12,000gp) as part of her share of the loot as to give to her brother as promised for watching their sister and taking care of her while she was gone.

3). Could we find a way to do something with heal checks like Sol does with crafting? It would only work Out of combat to make it not broken though, showing it takes time for it to work for instance?

4). Thefallenone you make it painful to play a character with VoP with all the goodies you keep talking about lol.
    Last edited by dantiesilva; 2022-03-02 at 12:58 PM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    Knowledge: [roll0]
    Any additional pearls of wisdom about the fruits?
    Quote Originally Posted by Yas392 View Post
    Knowledge checks on the knowledge we don't have on dungeon fruits

Knowledge (Arcana): [roll0]

Knowledge (Planes): [roll1]
    Knowledge of the Dungeon Fruit and the Infernal Voice are suppressed by the bureaucrats who serve the King. There's rumors here and there about things that might be these, but since encountering intelligent foes and strange magical items in the Dungeon is normal, there's nothing of particular note that Alistair or Levi have to add.

I'm not sure what it counts as, but I think Abigail mentioned something along the lines of hiring Orchid out to do to grafts for the community.

Edit: Is it possible for Orchid to spend XP to study the fruit while they're still in the dungeon?
    There's nothing you could gain that I would think merits spending XP. As far as the structure, they're just strange and exotic fruit-like things.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Hp (1d8+1)[8]
    +1 Level of Combat medic/ +1 Level of Healer
    +1 Concentration, +1 Handle Animal, +1 Heal,+1 Nature, +1 Religion, +1 Survival
    7th Level Feat Maximize Spell
    +.5 BAB, +.5 to Fort, Ref, Will

Combat Medic Class Abilities
    Defensive Casting, Field Healer
    +1 0 Level, 1st level, and 4th level spell (plus domain spell and bonus spell)

Healer Class Abilities
    Effortless healing
    +1 0 and 2nd level spell, +3 4th Level spells (plus bonus spell)

Vow of Poverty Bonuses
    +1 Resistance bonus to saves
    +2 Enhancement bonus to Cha

Character sheet is up to date at the moment until we get back to the city and I can spend xp on feats
    Last edited by dantiesilva; 2022-03-02 at 02:26 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Friendly reminder, a d8 HD would convert to d4+4+con mod.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-03-02 at 02:42 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis013 View Post
    Friendly reminder, a d8 HD would convert to d4+4+con mod.
    Thanks for the reminder, not used to this way, (1d4+5)[7]

And character sheet is all fixed from that
    Last edited by dantiesilva; 2022-03-02 at 02:43 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Default for magical crafting is 50% gold plus 4 % XP. With our 5:1 gold to XP conversion that comes to 70% market price.

Solstafir receives Craft Magic Arms and Armor this level from Iron Soul Forgemaster and takes the Magical Artisan feat.. Thus, he can make magic weapons and armor for the rest of the party up to CL6(going up by 3 for each further Iron Soul Forgemaster level) for 52.5% market price plus 15% comission, meaning you get your goods almost a third cheaper.

For mundame gear its even better as those are crafted for 1/3 market price plus 15% comission,, so less than half. Special materials recommended, and he makes every item Dwarvencraft(Races of Stone) by default.

We also decided to let smiths with higher Craft checks create better gear to reward skill investment and add some fluff to the Foundry instead of having things peak at DC20 Masterwork.

Solstafir with Take Ten currently beats DC 22 Dwarvencraft by 15, meaning gear created by him can either have one category improved twice(say a scimitar with 18-20/x4 crit) and three different categories improved once each(greatsword with 3d6 base damage, 18-20/x3 crit).

In other words, come to papa, shop's open.
    Don't forget that one item you wanted to protect your incarnum stuff from negative levels. Also, you can improve armor right? What kinds of steps does Arcane Spell Failure take for improvement? I might get some I'm also tempted to get a new longbow made to be used as a base for the energy bow in the future. Maybe with the crit amped up to x5 for fun memes. Also some heavier armor that has zero ACF.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Steps of Arcane Spell Failure are 5% each (so you could get a chainshirt down to 0% ASF by stacking 2 reductions on top of mithral).

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

Steps of Arcane Spell Failure are 5% each (so you could get a chainshirt down to 0% ASF by stacking 2 reductions on top of mithral).
    Kind of pointless since my Sorcerer ACFs already ensure I can cast in light armor without issue. Also, trying my luck with one fruit.

EDIT: Maybe I should just burn exp to get medium armor casting plus proficiency.
    Last edited by QuadraticGish; 2022-03-02 at 03:50 PM.