New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Aegis' Dungeoncrawler OOC II

Aegis, after considering possible goodies for Master rank in the Foundry I think a good option would be a spellpool for the crafters. It certainly makes sense for the higher ups of Solum who are interested in the Foundry providing quality gear for Delvers, and it's especially relevant for Fireblood Dwarves who through Iron Soul Forgemaster gain access to magical crafting without access to spells but have the highest potential, reaching caster level equivalent 30 at level 15.

Quote Originally Posted by QuadraticGish View Post
    Don't forget that one item you wanted to protect your incarnum stuff from negative levels. Also, you can improve armor right? What kinds of steps does Arcane Spell Failure take for improvement? I might get some I'm also tempted to get a new longbow made to be used as a base for the energy bow in the future. Maybe with the crit amped up to x5 for fun memes. Also some heavier armor that has zero ACF.
    One improvement is -5%, so I can do -10 at the cost of other improvements. You can use Thistledown from RotW for another 5%, all mundane. Bows though fall under a different Craft skill, so not much I can do for you there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff the Green View Post
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallenOne View Post
    Aegis, after considering possible goodies for Master rank in the Foundry I think a good option would be a spellpool for the crafters. It certainly makes sense for the higher ups of Solum who are interested in the Foundry providing quality gear for Delvers, and it's especially relevant for Fireblood Dwarves who through Iron Soul Forgemaster gain access to magical crafting without access to spells but have the highest potential, reaching caster level equivalent 30 at level 15.

One improvement is -5%, so I can do -10 at the cost of other improvements. You can use Thistledown from RotW for another 5%, all mundane. Bows though fall under a different Craft skill, so not much I can do for you there.
    Maybe I should consider just moving up to heavier armors then. On another note, The party might want some Hearts of Steel(Faith of Eberron). It provides immunity to disease, paralysis, and poison and with Orchid's research we can bypass the normal downside of healing magic and Su effects being halved. It would be good since we wouldn't have to worry about carrying solutions for those problems.
    My posting may be slowed due to new job.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: For Aegis only
    Show
    There were some oddities with your post, so I'm gonna put down my understanding and ask for clarification.
    The first effect for Orchid would get one extra spell slot that's always of the highest spell level she can cast, and then gains one bonus spell known period that doesn't scale. For the second effect, Artificer could gain an additional 3rd level infusion per day or instead choose a 3rd level sorcerer spell slot and spell known. Is that correct?

Alright, HP roll time: (1d3+3)[4]+4+1=9. Damn, min. Oh well. Oh right, because of how weird my casting progression is, I get a bunch of 2nd level spells at once now. Though, what to pick for my only 3rd level spell for a long while? Haste seems like a good idea. Thinking about Dragon familiar too, but it looks like I outta wait a while longer before I acquire the better ones.
    Last edited by QuadraticGish; 2022-03-03 at 04:50 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

I’m insanely busy so level up is going to take a little bit. I do know I want advance cleric, and pick up shadow blade to add dex to damage and daring outlaw to combine thief and swashbuckler levels for sneak attack and grace.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

There's usually a bit of a gap while we work through our shopping and training between delves, so you don't need to try and rush yourself too much.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

HP roll: (1d4+4)[5]

Rolling here since we leveled up.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

New Powers: Inertial Armor and Entangling Ectoplasm.

New Maneuver: Lightning Recovery. (Liselle's not normally short on damage, but considering how many misses I managed to string together this adventure, I could probably use the reroll!)

New Feat: Craft Dorje.

New language learned (by spending a point on Speak Language): Infernal. Next time around, Liselle won't need a translator!

Next up: 6999 XP and 24442.46 GP of spending (488.29 savings, 22704.167 in earnings, 1250 from exploiting Solstafir's free crafting allowance). Unless we collectively decide that Abigale's VoP just 'doesn't count', in which case I get an extra 4.5k.

Personally, I'm fine with us actually paying Abigale's portion, and taking the lower figure. We're not exactly hurting for cash this campaign...
    Last edited by whoiam; 2022-03-03 at 09:01 PM.

8. - Top - End - #68

AssassinGuy

Is this after excluding the healing potions?
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-03-03 at 09:09 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Evil, letting us see what we could get if we are the fruit lol. Still not doing it though as that would be from a metagame standpoint me going oh if I eat this I get more spells. Vs the people who didn't know and still took the gamble.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Yas392 View Post
    Is this after excluding the healing potions?
    The loot value calculations? Before. Liselle's not the one keeping those potions, after all, so they're not coming out of her share

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

4.201exp to spend on Feats

If possible I would like to buy Mastery of Day and Night and Initiate of Ilmater. The first for obvious reasons (Free maximize healing spells on a super healer), and the second makes it so everything that goes above their HP cap turns into Temp HP (which gets a healthy boost from Imbued healing as well) The question is do I have enough for both?

12. - Top - End - #72

AssassinGuy

Free crafting, eh? Is that per person or total?

EDIT: Plus Levi has not used those potions yet and our characters have time before going back to Solum, he may change his mind.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-03-04 at 05:37 AM.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

How does that stipend work again exactly? Last I found was 500 GP per party member(in raw materials), not the 1250 stated by whoiam.

Level up:
    Crusader 5//Iron Soul Forgemaster 2
    (1d5+5)[8] HP
    +1 BAB
    +0.5 Fort, +0.5 Will, +0.33 Ref
    +3 Spellcraft, +1 Weaponsmithing, Armorsmithing
    1 new Crusader maneuver known(Defensive Rebuke)
    Secrets of the Forge(Craft Magic Arms and Armor, equivalent caster level 6)
    1 Essentia
    1 Soulmeld
    Magical Artisan(Craft Magic Arms and Armor)

Got a lot of gold to work with. 6,999 XP converts to 34,995 GP, plus the loot share, plus any crafting comissions I might receive. Things I will get for sure:

Corpsecrafter feat(10,000 GP)
    Devoted Bulwark feat(5,000 GP)
    Faith Unswerving feat(unknown cost)
    Combat Reflexes feat(unknown cost)
    Master rank in the Foundry(unknown cost)
    Make my axe, armor and shield +1 each: 2,100 GP
    3 Lesser Iron Ward Diamonds: 3,150 GP
    Least Crystal of Arrow Deflection: 262.5 GP
    6 Lesser Crystals of Life Drinking: 4,725 GP
    8 Least Crystals of Return on my harpoons so I can draw them as a free action: 1,260 GP
    Amulet of Incarnum Shielding, lest I get punched: 826.88 GP plus 315 GP comission to Orchid

So I'm going all in on tank and protector. AC 30+, DR 6/- for up to 30 hits per day which should last a Delve, each hit with my axe heals me 9 HP and all healing on me is enhanced by 6+spell level.
    Every ally adjacent to me receives +2 shield AC, any foe threatened by me receives -4 attack when targeting anyone but me, once per 3 turns I can use Defensive Rebuke forcing hit enemies to target me or provoke an AoO from me, and once per turn I can use Take one for the Team to transfer a hit from an ally to myself if I scored a hit on said enemy the turn before. All melee should stick close to me and it's unlikely you will take many hits.

I might use Martial Spirit now though instead of Iron Guard's Glare. Take one for the Team and Defensive Rebuke should ensure well enough most hits land on me, and it would bring my healing per hit up to a ridiculous 17 HP. 18 with a bit of leniency to say spell level from Therapeutic Mantle also applies to maneuver level. It would require an overwhelming amount of force to beat Solstafir into submission at that point.
    Last edited by TheFallenOne; 2022-03-04 at 06:06 AM.
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

As I recall, the 1250 involves having you make random equipment with the 500, then selling it all off, and adding the proceeds to our general funds (or spending it on getting Solstafir to make the equipment we actually wanted).

@Yas - last I checked, it was per person.

As for the crafting allowance, 500 GP raw materials should provide you 1500 GP market value in mundane weapons and armor at the price of 225 GP comission for the effort.
    Looks like I'd gotten it down on my spreadsheet wrong. We get 1275 GP from selling off the crafting allowance, and Solstafir gets 225GP commission for each of us that does so.
    Last edited by whoiam; 2022-03-04 at 06:47 AM.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

That's 1500 market value, sale value is half that so 750 for a net profit of 525 per party member.

Though that should only matter for Liselle who already has top shelf armor and weaponry made by me. The others should still find use from the mundane crafting I can do. For example, both Levi and Alistair currently have +1 mithral chain shirts. A dwarvencraft mithral breastplate with +1 armor, +1 max dex, -3 ACP and a +1 enhancement would run to a market price of 4400 GP mundane crafting + 1000 GP magic crafting, with my cost reducers I can make that for you for 1,991.67 GP plus 810 GP comission.

Subtract the crafting stipend from the noble sponsor, and half the value of the existing chain shirt for selling it, and the remaining cost runs to 1,251.67 GP. For +2 base armor, at the same max dex modifier and zero armor check penalty. Now that's a steal if you ask me. And you can still add a goodie like Ysgardian Heartwire for less than half its market price. +2 AC against crit confirmation rolls doesn't come into use often, but boy if it does are you happy to have it.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

What, you really think I'm not gonna have you remake my weapons with bigger damage dice? ;)

Still, you're right, I should have been halving the take from that. Might have to drop a few hundred GP from my savings to make up for getting my maths wrong the level before...
    Last edited by whoiam; 2022-03-04 at 08:04 AM.

17. - Top - End - #77

AssassinGuy

Oh, Craft Magic Arms and Armor. I thought Solstafir can craft anything magical like scrolls. That is more of Orchid's alley judging from the posts I read.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-03-04 at 08:20 AM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yas392 View Post
    Oh, Craft Magic Arms and Armor. I thought Solstafir can craft anything magical like scrolls. That is more of Orchid's alley judging from the posts I read.
    Pretty much right. With how Solstafir's PrC works, he'll quickly start beating out Orchid in the enhancement bonuses he can provide to armor and weapons IIRC.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

A spellpool would make sense for a crafter organization.

Spoiler: For Aegis only
    Show
    There were some oddities with your post, so I'm gonna put down my understanding and ask for clarification.
    The first effect for Orchid would get one extra spell slot that's always of the highest spell level she can cast, and then gains one bonus spell known period that doesn't scale. For the second effect, Artificer could gain an additional 3rd level infusion per day or instead choose a 3rd level sorcerer spell slot and spell known. Is that correct?

Alright, HP roll time: [roll0]+4+1=9. Damn, min. Oh well. Oh right, because of how weird my casting progression is, I get a bunch of 2nd level spells at once now. Though, what to pick for my only 3rd level spell for a long while? Haste seems like a good idea. Thinking about Dragon familiar too, but it looks like I outta wait a while longer before I acquire the better ones.
    Spoiler: Clarification
    Show
    It's one effect, you can choose if you want to apply it to Sorcerer (gain a 3rd level spell slot and spell known) or to Artificer (gain another 3rd level Infusion per day).
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Can I have an EXP check on medium armor proficiency and bumping up Orchid's casting to allow for medium armor without penalties? Edit: Can Solstafir remove speed penalties from armor? EDIT 2: I can make gauntlets of ghost fighting now. 4k market price; it's allows spells and attacks to bypass miss chances from incorporeal creatures entirely and adds a 1d6 to melee attacks against them.
    Last edited by QuadraticGish; 2022-03-04 at 11:49 AM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, I can reduce speed reduction by 5 ft with one improvement. To reiterate, I can either do three different improvements or improve one aspect twice.

As for ghost fighting, I'll stick with a weapon capsule with ghost oil, more economic and doesn't take up a valuable item slot. Should have gone for the triple retainer so I still have some left for the boss fight.

Feats and stuff I need the price for are bolded in my level-up post.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, I can reduce speed reduction by 5 ft with one improvement. To reiterate, I can either do three different improvements or improve one aspect twice.

As for ghost fighting, I'll stick with a weapon capsule with ghost oil, more economic and doesn't take up a valuable item slot. Should have gone for the triple retainer so I still have some left for the boss fight.

Feats and stuff I need the price for are bolded in my level-up post.
    Ah, might be more useful for me then since I have more than one weapon to strike with. No roll necessary your amulet since it doesn't require spells; Orchid will just need to borrow Solstafir himself to provide the essentia pool requirement.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Oh by the by, these are the stats for my new zombie, with a feat-granting template we found a ritual book for. It's... quite ridiculous to be honest. An annis has great stats and natural armor, Half-Fiend adds +4 strength and dex, Necrocarnum Zombie adds another +4 strength and dex, Corpsecrafter +4 strength, bringing up the total to, drumroll, 37.

I looked up the carrying capacity table just for giggles. It can deadlift 4.16 tons.

Spoiler
    Show
    Half-Fiend Annis Necrocarnum Zombie
    Large Undead[Evil, Necrocarnum]
    HD: 7d12+38(80 HP)
    (Initiative: +5) shares initiative of master
    Speed: 40 ft
    AC: 29(5 dex, 14 natural, 1 Incarnum Defense -1 size)
    Attack: Spider Scimitar +16, 1d8+17
    Full Attack: Spider Scimitars +12/+12, 1d8+17/1d8+10, Bite +9, 2d6+6, Poison 1d4 strength DC 12, 1 turn paralysis Fort DC 15
    Saves: Fort +3, Ref +11, Will +3
    Attributes: Str 37, Dex 20 Con - Int - Wis 10 Cha 1
    Feats: Toughness, Combat Reflexes, Improved Initiative, Improved Toughness, Multiattack, Weapon Finesse
    Damage reduction 5/magic and slashing, Turn Resistance 4, Incarnum Defense, Incarnum Speed, 1 Essentia
    Essentia in Incarnum Defense

Equipment: Spider Scimitars, Sandals of the Setting Sun

QuadraticGish, what's the current state and cost of your Xansia crafting? I wanted to put some more maneuver-granting items on my zombie.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh by the by, these are the stats for my new zombie, with a feat-granting template we found a ritual book for. It's... quite ridiculous to be honest. An annis has great stats and natural armor, Half-Fiend adds +4 strength and dex, Necrocarnum Zombie adds another +4 strength and dex, Corpsecrafter +4 strength, bringing up the total to, drumroll, 37.

I looked up the carrying capacity table just for giggles. It can deadlift 4.16 tons.

Spoiler
    Show
    Half-Fiend Annis Necrocarnum Zombie
    Large Undead[Evil, Necrocarnum]
    HD: 7d12+38(80 HP)
    (Initiative: +5) shares initiative of master
    Speed: 40 ft
    AC: 29(5 dex, 14 natural, 1 Incarnum Defense -1 size)
    Attack: Spider Scimitar +16, 1d8+17
    Full Attack: Spider Scimitars +12/+12, 1d8+17/1d8+10, Bite +9, 2d6+6, Poison 1d4 strength DC 12, 1 turn paralysis Fort DC 15
    Saves: Fort +3, Ref +11, Will +3
    Attributes: Str 37, Dex 20 Con - Int - Wis 10 Cha 1
    Feats: Toughness, Combat Reflexes, Improved Initiative, Improved Toughness, Multiattack, Weapon Finesse
    Damage reduction 5/magic and slashing, Turn Resistance 4, Incarnum Defense, Incarnum Speed, 1 Essentia
    Essentia in Incarnum Defense

Equipment: Spider Scimitars, Sandals of the Setting Sun

QuadraticGish, what's the current state and cost of your Xansia crafting? I wanted to put some more maneuver-granting items on my zombie.
    Next threshold is achievable if I spend 2,352 xp. Price right now for Xansia crafting is equal to the unmodified xp cost. Anyway, he's looking pretty sick. Getting Heighten Spell this level as my feat; so now I can burn my high level infusions to access spell storing item more often if needed.
    Last edited by QuadraticGish; 2022-03-04 at 02:27 PM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

@Dante what is the limit on items that Orchid can pass to Abigail? Right now, I could make a CL 7 scroll of heal from the Adept list and pass that off to Abigail on our next dungeon visit. Also thinking about getting a wand of Panacea(Spell Compendium 152) made that she could hold onto for condition removal.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

@Dante what is the limit on items that Orchid can pass to Abigail? Right now, I could make a CL 7 scroll of heal from the Adept list and pass that off to Abigail on our next dungeon visit. Also thinking about getting a wand of Panacea(Spell Compendium 152) made that she could hold onto for condition removal.
    Basically if I am using it directly I break my vow, potion being a little grey as its more "Hey I'm giving this to you to drink." So while I could benefit from a scroll being used on me, or a wand, I could not use them myself.

27. - Top - End - #87

AssassinGuy

@Aegis013 Waiting for result from Levi's consumption of the 2nd fruit or is the same as 1st?

@QuadraticGish I would not mind a scroll of heal for Levi. I was going to have Levi ask Solstafir to make it (free crafting) until I learned of his specialization.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-03-04 at 06:26 PM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Alright, feats time!

Spoiler: The leftovers I didn't buy last level
    Show

Improved Sunder (500xp)
    Psionic Dodge (500xp)
    Craft Cognizance Crystal (2000xp)
    Shock Trooper (2000xp)

And the new feats I'd like priced (all in the SRD except Adaptive Style):
    Cleave
    Great Cleave
    Quick Draw
    Adaptive Style (Tome of Battle)
    Psicrystal Affinity

On another note, does the price/market value go up when Solstafir makes one of his improved items for us?

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

Man, I really want to get that weakening arm but I think I'll have to put it off for next level. It's simply too much to spend on a single item at the moment. Still, gonna be cheaper than both the clawed arms I want down the line too. Probably dropping the idea of that wand of Panacea for the same reason. EDIT: I'm gonna lock in that experience to raise Xansia crafting to level 3.
    Last edited by QuadraticGish; 2022-03-05 at 04:31 PM.

30. - Top - End - #90

AssassinGuy

Where are we getting the XP costs for feats?

What is Xansia's crafting?