Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Aegis' Dungeoncrawler OOC II

@Aegis have a good little vacation.

2. - Top - End - #902
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by QuadraticGish View Post
    Good luck with convincing her to do that to Staffy. As an aside, @Aegis how long would have Orchid and Solstafir been delving at this point?
    Probably around 4 years. It's around 6 months between delves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

3. - Top - End - #903
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry guys I'll be posting later today.

4. - Top - End - #904
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, here's the basic layout of the School. Capacity is pretty much expected to be 30 students. Since it's the first batch, Orchid will likely be sure to ensure that at minimum she gets students that she can divide into 5 parties of 6. I'm assuming Orchid at this point with the party qualify for great renown(+2 to leadership score), leaving her with a leadership Score of 16. If her reputation is worth more let me know. Anyway, this gets a staff of 25 1st level NPCs, 2 2nd level NPCs, and 1 3rd level NPC in addition to her 7th level assistant/cohort. So, while Orchid will be the Headmistress, her assistant will become the vice Headmaster. They will take teaching roles along with the 3rd and 2nd level NPCs and any of the party members that are willing to help. Any remaining level 1 NPCs will be delegated to misc staff/teaching requirements along with any residual benefit from her XP expentidures.

Still thinking on what to spend XP on, but I'm thinking along the lines of either more dungeon information, or getting more information on our sponsors.
    Spoiler: Academy Expenditures/Funding
    Show

Name Type SS GP Cost Amount Total SS Final Cost Funds(GP)
    Armory Basic 1 500 1 1 500 28500
    Auditorium Fancy 1 2000 1 1 2000 26500
    Courtyard Basic 1 500 1 1 500 26000
    Chapel Basic 1 1000 1 1 1000 25000
    Gate House Basic 0.5 1000 1 0.5 1000 24000
    Kitchen Basic 1 2000 1 1 2000 22000
    Library Basic 1 500 2 2 1000 21000
    Storage Basic 1 250 1 1 250 20750
    Study/Office Basic 0.5 200 5 2.5 1000 19750
    Training Area Combat 1 1000 2 2 2000 17750
    Workplace Basic 1 500 1 1 500 17250
    Walls Wood 0 7600 1 0 7600 9650
    Stable Basic 1 1000 1 1 1000 8650
    Booklot General 0 3000 1 0 3000 5650
    Booklot Arcana 0 1000 1 0 1000 4650
    Booklot Planes 0 1000 1 0 1000 3650
    Shop Basic 1 400 1 1 400 3250
    Smithy Basic 1 500 1 1 500 2750
    Dining Hall Basic 2 2000 1 2 2000 750

Walls
    SS total Material Cost/Space Interior Wall % Total Cost
    19 1000 0.4 7600

Funding
    GP from Feat GP invested* Others Total
    25000 2000 0 29000
    Note *: GP Orchid invests gets double benefit.

My posting may be slowed due to new job.

5. - Top - End - #905
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Young" Levi running is not because of prior experience. The idea of dying and not coming back in the dungeon frightens him like how a child would be frightened by horror stories to provide context.

6. - Top - End - #906
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Hi everybody. It looks like the roleplay scene is nearing a natural conclusion so I plan to start the next delve in the next day or two, so be sure to make any finishing touches from leveling up or ask any final questions or similar.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-10-28 at 12:15 PM.

7. - Top - End - #907
    Titan in the Playground

I'm all set

8. - Top - End - #908
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    Ugh, even if I bought all that, I still have 18k to spend... adding transmuting property to the kukri's requires CL13, can anyone hit that yet?
    Greater Blurring property on the armor is a +2 bonus, and then I'd get to keep the neck slot, that one is CL12.
    I’m waiting on a response to the above. If anyone can do it that’s great otherwise I’ll find something else to spend cash on.

Are we selling staffy?
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

9. - Top - End - #909

AssassinGuy

I believe we are waiting for Liselle's response on that. Fallen responded to get rid of Staffy via Orchid consuming it for XP.

10. - Top - End - #910
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

I thought QuadraticGish said no to that?

Either way, Liselle's gotten through the important parts of her shopping list for the level, so no preference here what we do with the staff.

11. - Top - End - #911
    Titan in the Playground

I am ok with someone eating it for xp, but I want to know what class function / ability allows that bc that sounds like a fun character / npc.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

12. - Top - End - #912
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Its an Artificer ability - Retain Essence.

Retain Essence (Su): At 5th level, an artificer gains the ability to salvage the XP from a magic item and use those points to create another magic item. The artificer must spend a day with the item, and he must also have the appropriate item creation feat for the item he is salvaging. After one day, the item is destroyed and the artificer adds the XP it took to create the item to his craft reserve. These points are lost if the artificer does not use them before gaining his next level.
    Of course, now that I actually look the wording up... I don't think Orchid can do it to Staffy until we hit ECL12.
    Last edited by whoiam; 2022-10-28 at 08:58 PM.

13. - Top - End - #913
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, eating Staffy crosses a line for Orchid; even if she does find his voice absolutely grating.

14. - Top - End - #914
    Ogre in the Playground

I’m waiting on a response to the above. If anyone can do it that’s great otherwise I’ll find something else to spend cash on.

Are we selling staffy?
    I'm pretty sure that I mentioned Orchid can't cheat CL requirements, so you might as well spend the cash elsewhere or save it.
    EDIT: Orchid is pretty much good to go.
    Last edited by QuadraticGish; 2022-10-29 at 10:24 AM.

15. - Top - End - #915
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

The plurality of votes were to sell or get rid of Staffy, so he's sold for another 15,000gp split between the group.

16. - Top - End - #916

AssassinGuy

So we getting 30k or 15k split? The maths confused me.

17. - Top - End - #917
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Staffy's "normal" market price for an intelligent object of its abilities would be 60k gp, but Staffy's particular difficulties reduce his price on market by half to 30k gp, and items sell for half again, leaving 15k gp brought in to be divided among the characters.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-10-29 at 02:36 PM.

18. - Top - End - #918
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis013 View Post
    Staffy's "normal" market price for an intelligent object of its abilities would be 60k gp, but Staffy's particular difficulties reduce his price on market by half to 30k gp, and items sell for half again, leaving 15k gp brought in to be divided among the characters.
    Alistair will put up the 15k to buy staffy.

Also thinking minor cloak of displacement and boots of tracklessness. With leftover gold, would upgrade the bracers of dex, belt of giant str, and headband of intellect from +2 to +4. Will work out the math later today.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2022-10-29 at 10:19 PM.
    TC for short

19. - Top - End - #919

AssassinGuy

So the 15k with be split 4 ways since Alistar is buying him?
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-10-29 at 10:47 PM.

20. - Top - End - #920
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yas392 View Post
    So the 15k with be split 4 ways since Alistar is buying him?
    i would think still split 5 ways (there are 5 of us right?) but Alistair gets his share back. That way the staff stays in the party.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2022-10-30 at 12:35 AM.
    TC for short

21. - Top - End - #921
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

The total reward pool goes up by 15k, but Alistair then loses 15k of his portion (because he's taking Staffy instead of money for that 15k),

So we all get an extra 3k, Alistair has a net 12k loss, but he gets to keep staffy.

22. - Top - End - #922

AssassinGuy

OK.

@Aegis013 What are the costs of Flyby Attack, Shape Soulmeld, Improved Essentia Capacity, Open Least Chakra (Crown) & Improved Precise Shot?

@dantesilva & @QuadraticGish Feel free to add finishing touch on the RP. Levi is himself again.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-10-30 at 10:06 AM.

23. - Top - End - #923
    Titan in the Playground

I doubt Abigail would be at Orchids the next day as well given she knows orchid is setting up her school and she her temple so it's only orchid.

24. - Top - End - #924
    Titan in the Playground

Alright I think I'm just about done:

Starting gold: 1988
    Delve: 36231
    Sales: 8558 (2x Kukri +1, Mithral Fullplate, Amulet of Natural Armor +1)
    Total: 46777
    Buy:
    Mithral Breastplate +1: 2640
    Potion of Neutralize Poison: 750
    Boots of Tracklessness: 8662.5
    Minor Cloak of Displacement: 13050
    Staffy: 12000
    Total: 37102.5
    Remainder: 9674.5

That should be enough to upgrade bracers of dexterity from +2 to +4, right?

Alistair would have spent time between delves with the fam, and getting to know Staffy.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2022-10-30 at 09:16 AM.
    TC for short

25. - Top - End - #925

AssassinGuy

Also, almost done. Rolling for binding before I finish my mechanics and post IC.

Binding (Tenebrous): (1d20+16)[30]

Binding (Dantalion): (1d20+16)[32]

Binding (Zhrine): (1d20+16)[17]

EDIT: I dislike Vain Zhrine. Screw you, RNG.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-10-30 at 09:53 AM.

26. - Top - End - #926
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Yas392 View Post
    OK.

@Aegis013 What are the costs of Flyby Attack, Shape Soulmeld, Improved Essentia Capacity, Open Least Chakra (Crown) & Improved Precise Shot?

@dantesilva & @QuadraticGish Feel free to add finishing touch on the RP. Levi is himself again.
    Flyby Attack - 500 xp - I'm discounting this one because its benefit likely won't be as noticeable in a theater of the mind game.
    Shape Soulmeld - 2000 xp
    Improved Essentia Capacity - 2000xp
    Open Least Chakra (Crown) - 2000xp - however, my ruling is this simply provides 1 Bind as long as it's in the crown slot so these feats could potentially be used as +1 Bind for incarnum characters as long as something is bound to the appropriate slot.
    Improved Precise Shot - 2000xp

Remember you still need to meet the prereqs, Imp. Precise Shot requires BAB +11 so I don't think it's currently a legal purchase option.

Alistair would have spent time between delves with the fam, and getting to know Staffy.
    Staffy is a weird character. Spending time connecting with Staffy Alistair gains some interesting information.
    Staffy worships a deity that it refers to as the Plutonic Ideal Of Staff, or PIOS. This object deity seems to have unbelievably rigid ways of thinking, which Staffy conform to, lest this deity's wrath be met upon Staffy, causing a dramatic shift in Staffy's alignment and making it so that instead of going to the afterlife Staffy seeks, it will be reborn as a humanoid. A tragic fate so unspeakable Staffy only references this possibility indirectly. One of the tenants of following PIOS is to never be involved in combat. However, Staffy experiences loneliness and because Alistair is Staffy's first friend it will generally cooperate amicably as long as the situation doesn't doesn't go against Staffy's faith which compels it to try to escape combat.

Staffy will generally obey Alistair's wishes at any time other than during initiative. Once initiative starts, if Staffy is unattended, it will Dimension Door in a random direction until it believes it is safe. If Staffy is attended, it requires a Will Save DC 22 otherwise Staffy's desire to never be involved in combat overpowers you and Dimension Doors you in a random direction for maximum distance until it believes you are both safe.

Outside of combat, Staffy can be used for any creative use you want to try its powers for.
    If Staffy teleports away from combat on its own, it will attempt to teleport back after 5 minutes to return to Alistair.

Spoiler: Staffy's abilities
    Show
    Market price: 60,000gp
    +1/+1 Quarterstaff
    Int: 17, Wis: 10, Cha 17
    Telepathic, can read any language or magic text, can cast Dimension Door on itself and its wielder at-will.
    Ego: 12 (When held, every round of combat, Staffy the Staff requires you to make a Will Save DC: 22 or else it takes control and consumes your standard action to Dimension Door you 680ft in a random direction. This happens immediately upon the initiative roll and every round after until Staffy the Staff has "rescued" you from the combat or combat ends by some other means.)
    The wielder of Staffy the Staff can call upon its ability to Dimension Door at-will at a Caster Level of 7.

27. - Top - End - #927

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis013 View Post
    Flyby Attack - 500 xp - I'm discounting this one because its benefit likely won't be as noticeable in a theater of the mind game.
    Shape Soulmeld - 2000 xp
    Improved Essentia Capacity - 2000xp
    Open Least Chakra (Crown) - 2000xp - however, my ruling is this simply provides 1 Bind as long as it's in the crown slot so these feats could potentially be used as +1 Bind for incarnum characters as long as something is bound to the appropriate slot.
    Improved Precise Shot - 2000xp

Remember you still need to meet the prereqs, Imp. Precise Shot requires BAB +11 so I don't think it's currently a legal purchase option.
    And he does not meet dex requirement either. This is going to be a late level option for him once Levi boosts his dex.

28. - Top - End - #928
    Titan in the Playground

I have people doing work on my house today so I may not be able to post until tonight or early tomorrow as a heads up.

29. - Top - End - #929

AssassinGuy

I don't get the calculation from the cloak of resistance upgrade from your post, @whoiam. How are my numbers higher?
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-10-31 at 10:23 AM.

30. - Top - End - #930
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Assuming you mean the one in Liselle's spending for the level: Its a typo.

If you check the spending table closely, you'll notice that my running total of Liselle's funds goes down a lot more than that line suggests it should... since I had the correct prices in the spreadsheet (3543.75 + 1350 commission), but copied the wrong figures (the cost of the Ghost Shroud, it seems) when writing up the table.