New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Aegis' Dungeoncrawler OOC II

Quote Originally Posted by Yas392 View Post
    Where are we getting the XP costs for feats?

What is Xansia's crafting?
    It's something I picked up from the dungeon and steadily been spending exp into. Basically you gain more power onto a crafted item in exchange for it having some kind of downside or flaw.
    My posting may be slowed due to new job.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

You ask Aegis for prices for any feats you're interested in getting extra training in. The ones I was listing XP costs for were ones I'd asked about after the previous delve, but had to leave out at the time (only got so much XP/GP to spend, after all).

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dantiesilva View Post
    4.201exp to spend on Feats

If possible I would like to buy Mastery of Day and Night and Initiate of Ilmater. The first for obvious reasons (Free maximize healing spells on a super healer), and the second makes it so everything that goes above their HP cap turns into Temp HP (which gets a healthy boost from Imbued healing as well) The question is do I have enough for both?
    Still waiting on pricing for
    Mastery of day and Night
    And
    Initiate of ilmater

4. - Top - End - #94
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

OK. Is 4,201 exp excess exp?

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

It was for me I suspect the players that have been here longer have a slightly higher pool

6. - Top - End - #96

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by whoiam View Post
    You ask Aegis for prices for any feats you're interested in getting extra training in. The ones I was listing XP costs for were ones I'd asked about after the previous delve, but had to leave out at the time (only got so much XP/GP to spend, after all).
    This page after he introduced me, Thunder and Dante into the game also mentioned it. Junk feats are 500 xp each. Feats on the scale of Power attack are 2000 xp. Feats on the scale of Uncanny Forethought are higher than the previous and requires us to pitch it to him so that he can decide the number.

I will have to ask him since my requests are on the third category.

Off tangent, that is one heck of a natural 20.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Actually, we usually spend our excess XP between delves (I came into this one with only half an XP of excess left). Full clearing a given delve is usually more than enough to max us out - we're capped at 1 xp short of gaining two levels, which for this delve would be 1xp short of 8th level, or 12,999 earned/27,999 total/6,999 excess. We all hit that point after the first underwater battle, which is why Aegis stopped awarding XP after fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis013 View Post
    The group springs into action. Between the onslaught of attacks from the vanguard, the aquatic giants are made into bloody chum and are dead.

There appears to be no remaining immediate threat.

Each character gains 6,300 XP which should max the XP you can gain this delve.

Short version: We all have 6,999 xp to spend, and all of us but Abigail have our loot shares (22704.17 gp) to claim or spend, and the 500gp's worth of free materials for equipment crafted by Solstafir.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

This page after he introduced me, Thunder and Dante into the game also mentioned it. Junk feats are 500 xp each. Feats on the scale of Power attack are 2000 xp. Feats on the scale of Uncanny Forethought are higher than the previous and requires us to pitch it to him so that he can decide the number.
    Kinda hard to gauge feats that improve healing when you're a healer on a neutral stance lol. I mean I feel mastery would be either power attack good or better, but initiate of Ilmater would be trash if I didn't focus on healing as much as I do.

9. - Top - End - #99

AssassinGuy

Actually, we usually spend our excess XP between delves (I came into this one with only half an XP of excess left). Full clearing a given delve is usually more than enough to max us out - we're capped at 1 xp short of gaining two levels, which for this delve would be 1xp short of 8th level, or 12,999 earned/27,999 total/6,999 excess.
    Shame that we are 1 xp less and can level up once per delve. I want Levi to get to level 8 ASAP so that he can bind two vestiges. If he survives up to that point.

Anyways, I hope our characters can provide the XP cost to the crafters in addition to the money.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

Short version: We all have 6,999 xp to spend, and all of us but Abigail have our loot shares (22704.17 gp) to claim or spend, and the 500gp's worth of free materials for equipment crafted by Solstafir.
    What can we spend xp on aside from feats, and how much do feats cost?
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    What can we spend xp on aside from feats, and how much do feats cost?
    Feats cost between 500 and 2000 xp each depending on how useful they are; Ask Aegis for specific prices.

As the home rules in the first post state, there's a 1XP = 5GP conversion rate, and anything you could purchase with one can instead be purchased with the other (or a combination of the two). This includes equipment, feats, services, spells or powers with an XP cost, and anything I forgot to list.

You can also ask Aegis if there's something special you want - like Solstafir and Orchid's special crafting abilities.
    Last edited by whoiam; 2022-03-06 at 09:58 AM.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

Feats cost between 500 and 2000 xp each depending on how useful they are; Ask Aegis for specific prices.

As the home rules in the first post state, there's a 1XP = 5GP conversion rate, and anything you could purchase with one can instead be purchased with the other (or a combination of the two). This includes equipment, feats, services, spells or powers with an XP cost, and anything I forgot to list.

You can also ask Aegis if there's something special you want - like Solstafir and Orchid's special crafting abilities.
    For example, grafts created by Orchid have all their downsides eliminated and there is stacking of grafts in the same slot permitted within reason.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Alright, feats time!

Spoiler: The leftovers I didn't buy last level
    Show

Improved Sunder (500xp)
    Psionic Dodge (500xp)
    Craft Cognizance Crystal (2000xp)
    Shock Trooper (2000xp)

And the new feats I'd like priced (all in the SRD except Adaptive Style):
    Cleave (1,000xp)
    Great Cleave (2,000xp)
    Quick Draw (500xp)
    Adaptive Style (Tome of Battle) (2,000 XP)
    Psicrystal Affinity (1,000xp)

On another note, does the price/market value go up when Solstafir makes one of his improved items for us?
    Feat Costs:
    Cleave (1,000xp)
    Great Cleave (2,000xp)
    Quick Draw (500xp)
    Adaptive Style (Tome of Battle) (2,000 XP)
    Psicrystal Affinity (1,000xp)

I don't have a way in mind to calculate what the market price increase you would get based on the improvements. If there's on how that could be implemented I'd hear it out.

What is Xansia's crafting?
    The others have answered these quite well. Sometimes you'll get custom things, the group got a couple of homebrew items this delve.

Still waiting on pricing for
    Mastery of day and Night -
    And
    Initiate of ilmater
    It is a little harder to gauge on a healer. Feel free to give me your thoughts if you disagree with my assessments:

Mastery of day and Night - This one seems especially powerful - 5,000XP.
    Initiate of ilmater - 2,000XP

OK. Is 4,201 exp excess exp?
    As the others have described, you get to spend your XP between delves on additional stuff, including custom things. Due to the nature of it being totally open to your imagination, it does end up as a bit of a "Mother-May-I" situation. Though I think this part of the game (where everybody levels up their characters and goes shopping) ends up being a great way to collaborate institutions and NPCs into the game.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-03-06 at 05:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

Ouch but understandable.

How about ritual blessing?

Def grabbing mastery of day and night though

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

Abigale's idea is to take samples of all of their blood if possible and test them against each other to see how much (if it is possible mind you) of their bodies has turned into outsiders. Her having only eaten 1 thus being a test subject of what a single fruit is capable of, Orchid I suspect having had eaten the most fruits and thus would be the closest to an outsider, and lastly Liselle from what she understands has eaten 0 so would be the perfect subject for a normal person. Solstafir would be an interesting addition to the test as it could show if he is more resistant or more susceptible to the effects of the dungeon fruit as his people broke free of the dungeon so he could perhaps be the key to finding a cure to the power of the Dungeon Fruit for example turning people into outsiders that can't leave. I suspect it will cost a good fortune of resources though, something Abigale would be willing to donate towards (as it would be benefiting the people of Solum it shouldn't break her vow.

The rest of her loot will go towards buying the basic needs for her blind sister so she can take care of her still, and the rest going to buy medical supplies so she can take care of the sick in the poor district/ and help rebuilding whatever she can, prioritizing schools and such things first.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

So, some shopping:
    Spoiler: Liselle's Greatsword
    Show

Market price is 9,700 (100 for a large greatsword, 600 for dwarvencraft, 2000 for the +1 enchantment, and 7000 for the treated platinum). Selling it for 4850.

Commissioning a new one - exactly the same, but with 3 1-point enhancements (die type (d6->d8), crit range (19-20 -> 18-20), crit multiplier (x2 -> x3). That gives 1155GP commission to Solstafir and 300GP commission to Orchid (as far as I can tell, it makes no price difference to Liselle if she gets the enchantment from Solstafir or Orchid, so for now, she'll keep asking Orchid for the enchanting.) Total cost 5046

Net Result: -196 GP (Liselle), +1155 GP (Solstafir), +300 GP (Orchid).

Spoiler: Liselle's Breastplate
    Show

Market price is 5,500 GP (200 + 300 (Dwarvencraft) + 4000 (Mithral) + 1000 (+1 Enchantment)), selling for 2750 GP

Buying a replacement from Solstafir - Market price 4,500 (200 + 300 Dwarvencraft) + 4000 (Mithral)). This version has it's AC enhanced twice. Solstafir gets 675GP Commission.

Enchanting work from Orchid: Market price (+1 1000). Orchid gets 150GP commission.

Net result: -85GP (Liselle), +675GP (Solstafir), +150GP (Orchid)

Spoiler: Armor Augment Crystals
    Show

These are all being commissioned from Orchid.
    Crystal of Aquatic Action (Lesser) - 1000gp market value
    Crystal of Screening (Lesser) - 1000gp market value
    Rubicund Frenzy (Lesser) - 2000gp market value

Liselle pays 2700 GP, of which 600GP is commission for Orchid.

Spoiler: Weapon Augment Crystals
    Show

Again, all commissioned from Orchid.
    Crystal of Illumination (Lesser) - 400GP
    Crystal of Energy Assault x4 (Least, one each of Acid, Cold, Electricity and Fire) - 600GP each

Liselle pays 1890GP, of which 420GP is commission for Orchid.

Spoiler: Feats
    Show

Shock Trooper (2000 xp)
    Cleave (1000 xp)
    Quick Draw (500 xp)
    Psionic Dodge (500 xp)

Liselle pays 4000 XP.

Spoiler: Dorjes
    Show

Dorje of Vigor ML 6 (base +5) - 6750 GP
    Dorje of Expansion ML 3 (base +2) - 2250 GP
    Dorje of Precognition, Offensive ML 4 (base + 3) - 3000 GP
    Dorje of Precognition, Defensive ML 4 (base + 3) - 3000 GP
    Dorje of Energy Missile ML 7 (base + 4) - 10500 GP

Liselle's burning through her remaining XP here (2999 of it) and then paying GP for the remainder (10,505.01)

In total that's 1830 GP in commission to Solstafir, and 1470 GP in commission to Orchid.

After dropping Liselle's savings down to 0 (as a correction for getting the maths wrong on selling the goods from Solstafir's free crafting allowance last level), I think that leaves me with 7,828.157 GP, 0 XP left. Might redo some of her other weapons as well, since there's money available for it, but my local time is way, way later than I was planning to stay up, so that'll have to wait for tomorrow. Or today, technically.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Some prices for some feats as Yas392 asked about them:
    Travel Devotion - 2,000 XP
    Infernal Adept - 1,000 XP
    Obtain Familiar - 1,000 XP
    Improved Familiar - 2,000XP
    Extra Invocation - 1,000 XP
    Psionic Meditation (Feat Tax?) - 1,000 XP
    Wild Talent - 1,000 XP
    Psionic Shot - 1,000 XP
    Greater Psionic Shot - 2,000 XP

Ritual Blessing - 1,000 XP

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

Looking for prices on the following.
    Battle Caster(Complete Arcane)
    Bonus Essentia
    Medium Armor Proficiency

In addition Aegis, I'm locking in the exp required for Xansia level 3.

19. - Top - End - #109

AssassinGuy

Waiting for Orchid's response IC before I have Levi respond. His reply is tied to her answer.

Progression: Warlock/Binder all the way. Not prestiging out.

Feat: To be determined. I am deciding between two feats I have in mind.

Shopping: To be determined. How much commission fee per order again? (If I missed it)

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

Waiting for Orchid's response IC before I have Levi respond. His reply is tied to her answer.

Progression: Warlock/Binder all the way. Not prestiging out.

Feat: To be determined. I am deciding between two feats I have in mind.

Shopping: To be determined. How much commission fee per order again? (If I missed it)
    My post should already be there. As for commissions.

From whoiam with some adjustments; this takes into account exp costs being converted to GP and is based on market prices( I believe):
    Buying from Orchid: 15% (Commission) Brew potion, Create Wand, Graft, Magic Arms and Armor, Scribe Scroll,
    39.375% (Cost) Grafts and Wondrous Items
    52.5% (GCost) Everything else.

21. - Top - End - #111

AssassinGuy

Yeah. I got ninja'ed.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallenOne View Post
    Faith Unswerving feat(unknown cost)
    Combat Reflexes feat(unknown cost)
    Master rank in the Foundry(unknown cost)
    Still need these.

Ouch but understandable.
    Why not just take it as your 7th level feat and XP buy Maximize Spell instead? That one's probably 2000 XP.

Technically you need to get Maximize first since it's a prerequisite for Mastery of Day and Night, but you can fix that with a simple Retrain shuffle, taking Maximize at 3 or 5, MoDaN at 7 and then XP buying either Magic of the Land or Augment Healing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff the Green View Post
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

Now that I remember, I'd like to ask how much exp would it cost to research the ability to make grafts with static save DCs instead use normal scaling DCs(10 + 1/2 HD + ability score mod). Edit: Don't expect these to come up immediately, but I'm asking for the future.
    1. What would the xp costs be for researching Artifact creation, or just building her own? Or a weapon/Item of Legacy for that matter.
    2. The capstone of Fleshwarper changes her creature type to Abberation. Could I pay xp to instead have it change to Dragon?
    3. What's the cost of planning to create a class around teaching Grafting Flesh the way Orchid does it and by extension the version of the feat she possesses? Plan is to get it rolling with her partner who will handle the educating plus the elderly artificer that patched her up after her first attempts at grafting. 75% of net income would be continually reinvested while Orchid takes the remaining for her own research. Plus, Orchid would start keeping an eye out for a potential protege. She doesn't exactly know what would strike her as a good one, but someone in a similar situation as her would probably hit her heart.
    4. If it would be helpful, the price for any skill focus relevant to the above provided Profession doesn't cut it.
    Last edited by QuadraticGish; 2022-03-07 at 12:47 PM.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallenOne View Post
    Why not just take it as your 7th level feat and XP buy Maximize Spell instead? That one's probably 2000 XP.

Technically you need to get Maximize first since it's a prerequisite for Mastery of Day and Night, but you can fix that with a simple Retrain shuffle, taking Maximize at 3 or 5, MoDaN at 7 and then XP buying either Magic of the Land or Augment Healing.
    You are an evil genius and I would have never thought about that. Is it possible for me to do Aegis, and if so how much does Augment healing cost instead as I doubt it's 5,000.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Spoiler: Heavy Flail
    Show

As before, trading in for an equivalent item, just with Solstafir's better crafting employed. Old one sells for 2815GP.

New one costs 1742.4 GP (mundane) - giving Solstafir 544.5GP commission - and 1350GP for the +1 enchantment (of which 300GP is commission for Orchid).

As with the sword, enhancements are damage die type, crit range, and crit (1 point each).

Spoiler: Scimitar
    Show

Old one sells for 2330 GP.

New one costs 3016.8 GP. Solstafir's commission: 99 GP. Orchid's: 600GP.

Same three enhancements.

Spoiler: Kukri
    Show

Old one sells for 2316 GP.

New one costs 3003.36 GP, including 94.8 GP for Solstafir and 600GP for Orchid.

Same three enhancements.

Liselle spends an extra 1651.56 GP, generating 738.3 GP in commission for Solstafir, and 1500 GP in commission for Orchid.
    Last edited by whoiam; 2022-03-07 at 09:11 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116

AssassinGuy

If retraining is an option, I am going to retrain several feats like Point Blank and Precise Shot. So 500 xp each if I want to buy them again, Aegis?

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

I think the party was trying to keep them trying to find a way to stop the dungeon fruit effect secret.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Faith Unswerving feat - 2,000 XP
    Combat Reflexes feat - 1,000 XP
    Master rank in the Foundry - have we worked out a benefit for this? I know a spellpool for crafters was mentioned. I think I'd tailor the XP cost to the benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by QuadraticGish View Post
    Now that I remember, I'd like to ask how much exp would it cost to research the ability to make grafts with static save DCs instead use normal scaling DCs(10 + 1/2 HD + ability score mod). Edit: Don't expect these to come up immediately, but I'm asking for the future.
    1. What would the xp costs be for researching Artifact creation, or just building her own? Or a weapon/Item of Legacy for that matter.
    2. The capstone of Fleshwarper changes her creature type to Abberation. Could I pay xp to instead have it change to Dragon?
    3. What's the cost of planning to create a class around teaching Grafting Flesh the way Orchid does it and by extension the version of the feat she possesses? Plan is to get it rolling with her partner who will handle the educating plus the elderly artificer that patched her up after her first attempts at grafting. 75% of net income would be continually reinvested while Orchid takes the remaining for her own research. Plus, Orchid would start keeping an eye out for a potential protege. She doesn't exactly know what would strike her as a good one, but someone in a similar situation as her would probably hit her heart.
    4. If it would be helpful, the price for any skill focus relevant to the above provided Profession doesn't cut it.
    Regarding static DC grafts, it largely depends on the specific use case and reasoning.
    We can definitely work something out if you want to become Dragon type instead of Abberation.

If there's no mechanical benefit to the class, it wouldn't be something you'd have to pay for. If you have ideas for how it would benefit you, the cost would be based on the desired benefits.

You are an evil genius and I would have never thought about that. Is it possible for me to do Aegis, and if so how much does Augment healing cost instead as I doubt it's 5,000.
    Yes, retraining is available per the rules in PHB II any time you're in town.

Augment Healing - 1,000 XP

If retraining is an option, I am going to retrain several feats like Point Blank and Precise Shot. So 500 xp each if I want to buy them again, Aegis?
    Those two yes, 500 each. Go nuts on the retraining.

I think the party was trying to keep them trying to find a way to stop the dungeon fruit effect secret.
    That was my feeling too, though I don't recall it being actively expressed that they were hiding it. There's also the chance you're being watched while in town and they already knew anyway, given your sponsor is a prince.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

So retraining rules are 1 feat per level up. So if I move maximize healing to replace augment this I can grab mastery of day and night at 7, that frees up 4k exp to spend as 1k is going to augment healing instantly.

Then I'll buy Ritual blessing for it's 1k as well.

Dumping 3k worth of exp into our research into dungeon fruit and it's cure?

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

Orchid just wants to get the party to a private place really to discuss what they know on the similarities between the dungeon fruit and elixir to make sure everyone is on the same level regarding it. After that, note it seems like she might've been able to reproduce elixir at a cost and see if the party wants to begin planning something to deal with the situation. Especially considering that with the new information and Orchid's private experiments we can reasonable deduce that the elixir and fruit appear to be fundamentally the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis013 View Post
    Regarding static DC grafts, it largely depends on the specific use case and reasoning.
    We can definitely work something out if you want to become Dragon type instead of Abberation.

If there's no mechanical benefit to the class, it wouldn't be something you'd have to pay for. If you have ideas for how it would benefit you, the cost would be based on the desired benefits.
    Gotcha. The end goal is pretty much to spread her graft research around and then use the school to begin bringing in extra income after a delve. Plus, a protege to continue on her path if something should happen to her. Though it might be best to do the protege part through acquiring leadership. Anyway, I still need xp prices for the following feats.
    Battle Caster(Complete Arcane)
    Bonus Essentia
    Medium Armor Proficiency