New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Aegis' Dungeoncrawler OOC II

I didn't know we could purchase feats with xp when I joined this game, so... this opens up a whole lot of possibilities, like breaking into dervish and / or getting blood in the water stance for cumulative bonuses for crits, or picking up persistent spell / divine metamagic, or rapid spell to have quicker summoning.

Could I know the xp cost please for the follow feats?
    Shadow Blade
    Daring Outlaw
    Weapon focus
    Combat Expertise
    Dodge
    Mobility
    Improved Two Weapon Fighting
    Power Critical
    Power Attack
    Cleave
    Martial Study
    Martial Maneuver
    Extend Spell
    Divine Metamagic
    Persistent Spell
    Rapid Spell
    Extra Turning
    Augment Summoning
    Open Minded
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by QuadraticGish View Post
    Orchid just wants to get the party to a private place really to discuss what they know on the similarities between the dungeon fruit and elixir to make sure everyone is on the same level regarding it. After that, note it seems like she might've been able to reproduce elixir at a cost and see if the party wants to begin planning something to deal with the situation. Especially considering that with the new information and Orchid's private experiments we can reasonable deduce that the elixir and fruit appear to be fundamentally the same.
    I mean that seems like a good enough plan to me, and with us working together I suspect our chances of making a successful batch would go up but it would still require a lot of trial and error. Plus if anyone found out we were trying to recreate Elixir but make it better and not tied to the crown/having to kill, I'm sure they wouldn't be to happy.

This is definitely something Abigale would invest xp into besides feats. As is I am already kinda running out of feats really needed to make the character work so I'm looking for alternatives at this point, and finding a way to get the benefits of the dungeon fruit without running the risk of being trapped in a dungeon sounds like a really good investment. Doubly so if we gain double the bonus as we get it from both sources.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

That reminds me. Can someone compile the list the XP cost of feats that has been appraised by Aegis, private and public?

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

As a heads up Abigale heals with cure light wounds 26 +10 temp HP, with a possible plus 6 on top from magic of the land. And everything that puts you over Max HP becomes Temp HP

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis013 View Post
    Faith Unswerving feat - 2,000 XP
    Combat Reflexes feat - 1,000 XP
    Master rank in the Foundry - have we worked out a benefit for this? I know a spellpool for crafters was mentioned. I think I'd tailor the XP cost to the benefit.
    I think the spellpool would be well enough for now far as mechanicas benefits go. The rest can be just fluff.

edit: Can we combine two magic item effects on one item, as per MIC p. 233 for one and a half cost? I already invested a lot in common effects on my healing belt, but now I have a breath weapon I'd rather use a Dragon Spirit Cincture in the belt slot.
    Last edited by TheFallenOne; 2022-03-09 at 03:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff the Green View Post
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

Might want to change your post Yas, I don' think Orchid has mentioned her attempts to make a new elixir to anyone yet.
    My posting may be slowed due to new job.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Looking for prices on the following.
    Battle Caster(Complete Arcane)
    Bonus Essentia
    Medium Armor Proficiency

In addition Aegis, I'm locking in the exp required for Xansia level 3.
    OK, let me know if you're making any new Xansia items.

Battle Caster(Complete Arcane) - 1,000 XP
    Bonus Essentia - 1,000 XP
    Medium Armor Proficiency - 500 XP

Quote Originally Posted by dantiesilva View Post
    So retraining rules are 1 feat per level up. So if I move maximize healing to replace augment this I can grab mastery of day and night at 7, that frees up 4k exp to spend as 1k is going to augment healing instantly.

Then I'll buy Ritual blessing for it's 1k as well.

Dumping 3k worth of exp into our research into dungeon fruit and it's cure?
    Work has been brutal to me this week. I'll come up with what you learn researching dungeon fruit in a day or two. If it seems like I forgot, remind me.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    I didn't know we could purchase feats with xp when I joined this game, so... this opens up a whole lot of possibilities, like breaking into dervish and / or getting blood in the water stance for cumulative bonuses for crits, or picking up persistent spell / divine metamagic, or rapid spell to have quicker summoning.

Could I know the xp cost please for the follow feats?
    Shadow Blade - 2,000 XP
    Daring Outlaw - 2,000 XP
    Weapon focus - 500 XP
    Combat Expertise - 500 XP
    Dodge - 500 XP
    Mobility - 500 XP
    Improved Two Weapon Fighting - 2,000 XP
    Power Critical - 1,000 XP
    Power Attack - - 2,000 XP
    Cleave - 1,000 XP
    Martial Study - 2,000 XP
    Martial Maneuver (Not a feat I know of, if you meant Martial Stance - 2,000 XP)
    Extend Spell - 2,000 XP
    Divine Metamagic - 10,000 XP
    Persistent Spell - 10,000 XP
    Rapid Spell - 2,000 XP
    Extra Turning - 1,000 XP
    Augment Summoning - 2,000 XP
    Open Minded - 1,000 XP

Quote Originally Posted by Yas392 View Post
    That reminds me. Can someone compile the list the XP cost of feats that has been appraised by Aegis, private and public?
    I may go through and do this at a later time, though I'm not in the headspace for it tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallenOne View Post
    I think the spellpool would be well enough for now far as mechanicas benefits go. The rest can be just fluff.

edit: Can we combine two magic item effects on one item, as per MIC p. 233 for one and a half cost? I already invested a lot in common effects on my healing belt, but now I have a breath weapon I'd rather use a Dragon Spirit Cincture in the belt slot.
    That's fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

8. - Top - End - #128

AssassinGuy

Might want to change your post Yas, I don' think Orchid has mentioned her attempts to make a new elixir to anyone yet.
    Huh? I thought Liselle told the party but it is OOC information. Fixed.

Levi will still want to get vaccinated to rid of the [Evil] properties in his bloodstream that the group identified so he is a willing test subject.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

Huh? I thought Liselle told the party but it is OOC information. Fixed.

Levi will still want to get vaccinated to rid of the [Evil] properties in his bloodstream that the group identified so he is a willing test subject.
    pure speculation at this point, no actual facts behind it. We know the fruits radiate good and evil, are tied to the elixir, and if you eat to many you are stuck in the dungeon.

OOC I stated the blood test thing, IC Abigail only stated that she wanted to run some tests. Nothing about a vaccine has been mentioned besides the elixir so far IC as we have done nothing into trying to understand/solve the mystery of the Dungeon fruit until this time. It is what we are going to do at said party, and why I dumped 3,000xp into said research.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Yeah, Liselle mentioned the research the nobles had been doing, since they'd offered Elixir to the new recruits without any explanation of what it was or why they'd want some.

She speculated internally that Orchid might succeed in making her own (based on Orchid's research into the nobles' Elixir after a previous delve), but wasn't going to mention that out loud, because our noble sponsors might have taken it... poorly. Especially the bit where she started her research by peeking into their hidden lab...

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, Orchid is gonna commission Solstafir for some Mithral Sectioned Armor(full) with Heartwire and two improvements going into removing the speed penalties. If I got this right, then 4050gp goes to crafting expensives(3550 after the stipend I think) and then Solstafir gets 2025gp in commission costs. Dunno if I wanna stick with that or get Mechanus Gear for long term right now.

EDIT: Going with Mithral Mechanus Gear with Heartwire with both improvements into Reducing the movement speed penalties down to 25. So, 3675gp in materials(3175 after stipend) and then 1837.5gp of commission to Solstafir.
    Last edited by QuadraticGish; 2022-03-11 at 02:28 AM.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

Orchid is gonna try creating Xansia crafted Stony Plating(Magic of Eberron). UMD: (1d20+29)[36] vs DC 27.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

what would be the cost for getting the keen (+1 enhancement) and / or life stealing property on a kukri?

longsword of life stealing +2 is 25,715, so subtracting out the masterwork and the +2 enhancement it looks like the life stealing property itself is 17,300gp. Let me know if it doesn't work like that.

Edit: Think I'm going to advance thief for the additional BAB, and combined with daring outlaw that will bump SA up to 4d6. Also a level of cloistered cleric for the other side of gestalt. now it's just a question of which feats / equipment to get...
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2022-03-11 at 09:50 AM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

14. - Top - End - #134

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by dantiesilva View Post
    pure speculation at this point, no actual facts behind it. We know the fruits radiate good and evil, are tied to the elixir, and if you eat to many you are stuck in the dungeon.

OOC I stated the blood test thing, IC Abigail only stated that she wanted to run some tests. Nothing about a vaccine has been mentioned besides the elixir so far IC as we have done nothing into trying to understand/solve the mystery of the Dungeon fruit until this time. It is what we are going to do at said party, and why I dumped 3,000xp into said research.
    Levi implied that because:

A) He believes that helping Abigail & Orchid's forays into the Dungeon Fruit as a willing participant in the long run can reverse/cure/reset/nullify the adverse effects of the Dungeon Fruit (e.g reset/abolish count limit, remove bad side effects, remove maker's influence, etc)
    B) Abigail is a healer and will attempt to remedy the negative effects affecting the fruit eaters if she found any or if they are evident.
    C) Superstition from Liselle's comment about fruit eaters tied to an infernal being, Elixir, the Voice, our characters' alleged findings and his cautious nature in base personality that led to his implication and A.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

what would be the cost for getting the keen (+1 enhancement) and / or life stealing property on a kukri?

longsword of life stealing +2 is 25,715, so subtracting out the masterwork and the +2 enhancement it looks like the life stealing property itself is 17,300gp. Let me know if it doesn't work like that.

Edit: Think I'm going to advance thief for the additional BAB, and combined with daring outlaw that will bump SA up to 4d6. Also a level of cloistered cleric for the other side of gestalt. now it's just a question of which feats / equipment to get...
    You might want to wait for confirmation on that from Aegis, but yes that sounds right to me. You may also want to have Solstafir make new kukri's before enchantment to get two critical range extensions on them too so that Keen becomes more effective.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

You might want to wait for confirmation on that from Aegis, but yes that sounds right to me. You may also want to have Solstafir make new kukri's before enchantment to get two critical range extensions on them too so that Keen becomes more effective.
    Not familiar with critical range extension, how does it work and is it confirmed it stacks with keen? I already have a pair of kukri's +1, will be painful to sell them for half price.
    TC for short

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

I considered Keen myself, but I don't think either of our crafters can do a CL10 enchantment yet (I think Orchid can do Artificer+2, which means anything up to CL 9, and Solstafir can do up to CL6).

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

Not familiar with critical range extension, how does it work and is it confirmed it stacks with keen? I already have a pair of kukri's +1, will be painful to sell them for half price.
    From what I recall, he can improve three different attributes of the weapon by one step, or one by two steps. I.e, you could increase damage dice, crit range, and crit multiplier all by one or increase the threat range by two. And I'm not how the stacking works with keen.

Quote Originally Posted by whoiam View Post
    I considered Keen myself, but I don't think either of our crafters can do a CL10 enchantment yet (I think Orchid can do Artificer+2, which means anything up to CL 9, and Solstafir can do up to CL6).
    Effectiveness takes my actual caster level into account, so I can't do any higher than a +2 weapon with +2 worth of special abilities. I think.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

I actually meant the CL10 minimum for the Keen enchantment specifically, not that I thought Orchid couldn't do a +1/+1 Ability weapon:

Moderate transmutation; CL 10th; Craft Magic Arms and Armor, keen edge; Price +1 bonus.

20. - Top - End - #140

AssassinGuy

Can Orchid make a CL6 heal scroll?

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by whoiam View Post
    I actually meant the CL10 minimum for the Keen enchantment specifically, not that I thought Orchid couldn't do a +1/+1 Ability weapon:
    Nah, I don't need to pay attention to the CL on the specific enchantments. Just the number of plusses required.

Can Orchid make a CL6 heal scroll?
    Only CL5 heal scrolls, and I already have one planned. If you want to use it through, keep in mind that Artificer scrolls require UMD to activate even if it's normally on your spell list.

22. - Top - End - #142

AssassinGuy

Only CL5 heal scrolls, and I already have one planned. If you want to use it through, keep in mind that Artificer scrolls require UMD to activate even if it's normally on your spell list.
    Levi is a buyer then. UMD is not a problem, he can take 10. Adept list, right?

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

Keen property specifically states it doesn’t stack with anything else that expands crit threat range. Honestly doubling 18-20 to 15-20 is good enough for me.
    TC for short

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

Levi is a buyer then. UMD is not a problem, he can take 10. Adept list, right?
    Sorry, I goofed. CL 7 heal is the lowest limit. I think each one is 675, with 84.375 of that being Orchid's commission. And yes, from the Adept list.

25. - Top - End - #145

AssassinGuy

Sorry, I goofed. CL 7 heal is the lowest limit. I think each one is 675, with 84.375 of that being Orchid's commission. And yes, from the Adept list.
    Is commission 15% of shop price?

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

Is commission 15% of shop price?
    I should stop doing math late at night; I got it entirely wrong because I forgot to account for the xp discount. Crafting cost with GP only shold be 590.625 GP, with 15% commission(based on market price) adding another 168.75GP for a total of 759.38GP rounded up. Someone double check that if it looks wrong because I'm doing this math right before bed basically.

27. - Top - End - #147

AssassinGuy

590.625 GP is total cost from my calculation.

25 x 5 (Spell Level) x 7 (Caster Level) = 875 gold

52.5% of 875 is 459.375

15% of 875 is 131.25

Adding them together totals 590.625 or 591 gold (rounded up).
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-03-12 at 02:13 AM.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

590.625 GP is total cost from my calculation.

25 x 5 (Spell Level) x 7 (Caster Level) = 875 gold

52.5% of 875 is 459.375

15% of 875 is 131.25

Adding them together totals 590.625 or 591 gold (rounded up).
    \Artificers still have to pay for the minimum caster level for scrolls I believe. So you have to calc the cost as if it was CL9 instead of CL7 because of how their spell emulation works. I also have the feats to reduce GP and XP costs by 25%.
    Last edited by QuadraticGish; 2022-03-12 at 03:01 AM.

29. - Top - End - #149

AssassinGuy

\Artificers still have to pay for the minimum caster level for scrolls I believe. So you have to calc the cost as if it was CL9 instead of CL7 because of how their spell emulation works. I also have the feats to reduce GP and XP costs by 25%.
    In that case, I got the same calculations as your previous post.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Orchid is gonna try creating Xansia crafted Stony Plating(Magic of Eberron). UMD: [roll0] vs DC 27.
    Stony Plating (Xansia):
    As normal except
    Bonus: 50% chance to ignore being critical hit
    Penalty: Being critically hit is now more deadly, the enemy's critical multiplier is counted as 1 higher.

If a crafter can craft the property in question, that's fine, but there's no magic mart.

Keen property specifically states it doesn’t stack with anything else that expands crit threat range. Honestly doubling 18-20 to 15-20 is good enough for me.
    Probably improve the critical multiplier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.