Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Aegis' Dungeoncrawler OOC II

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis013 View Post
    Stony Plating (Xansia):
    As normal except
    Bonus: 50% chance to ignore being critical hit
    Penalty: Being critically hit is now more deadly, the enemy's critical multiplier is counted as 1 higher.
    Does it stack with other similar effects or Fortification?
    My posting may be slowed due to new job.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I just realized that most of the items I want Levi to request are beyond Orchid's current capacities due to Caster Level requirement except Necklace of Adaptation, Ring of Protection +3, Vest/Cloak of Resistance +3 & Cloak of Charisma+6. Back to the drawing board. I may focus on commissioning armor/weapon crystals & for armor upgrades.

@Aegis013 Not sure if these have been asked.

1) Can we create a magic item then combined them at a later date?
    2) Can we increase existing bonuses on enhancement items in our characters' possession through crafters e.g ring of protection, cloak/vest of resistance, etc?
    3) Can we buy class features from prestige class using XP?

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yas392 View Post
    I just realized that most of the items I want Levi to request are beyond Orchid's current capacities due to Caster Level requirement except Necklace of Adaptation, Ring of Protection +3, Vest/Cloak of Resistance +3 & Cloak of Charisma+6. Back to the drawing board. I may focus on commissioning armor/weapon crystals & for armor upgrades.

2) Can we increase existing bonuses on enhancement items in our characters' possession through crafters e.g ring of protection, cloak/vest of resistance, etc?
    I can almost certainly say it's a yes to #2.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

Ah ok so stuff that’s in the mic I can purchase but custom gear needs to be made by a player?
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    Ah ok so stuff that’s in the mic I can purchase but custom gear needs to be made by a player?
    You're pretty much stuck buying what's current in town in the IC thread, or getting someone else to make it. Combining items are fine too, but we can't create any custom magic items outside of staves and the like.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

Knowledge wraith tyrant?, take 10 for 21 if possible, otherwise: (1d20+11)[28]
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by QuadraticGish View Post
    Does it stack with other similar effects or Fortification?
    No, the graft doesn't. You'd take the better of that Fortification or whatever other sources you have.

I think the crafting questions have been answered. Combined items are fine, adding on new effects to existing pieces is fine. True custom items have to be found, otherwise you're stuck buying what's in the shops during your Solum visit which doesn't include a significant amount of items from splatbooks and the like as I'm just using a loot generator for the shops.

Knowledge wraith tyrant?, take 10 for 21 if possible, otherwise: [roll0]
    The generator I use sometimes adds little bits like this, usually nothing, but some of them are interesting enough I leave them.

The Wraith Tyrant is supposedly a monster that has been reported by Delvers several times. An unusually large wraith easily identifiable by its crown and royal attire. Its said that seeing it is a bad omen as it means you'll be accosted by wraiths during your delve in addition to whatever else, though the Tyrant itself always flees upon seeing Delvers. Some Delvers have reported killing or destroying it, but as a wraith, it didn't exactly leave any remains as proof.

You've heard it's quite resistant to Turn Undead, but since it always flees instead of fighting, its combat prowess isn't in the records.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

8. - Top - End - #158

AssassinGuy

@Aegis013 From reading your post, so...

1) Yes.
    2) Yes.
    3) ?

Correct me if I am wrong. What about question number 3?

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

Wraith Tryant did I miss something?

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

@Aegis013 From reading your post, so...

1) Yes.
    2) Yes.
    3) No.

Correct me if I am wrong. What about question number 3?
    Missed that one. The answer is no for the time being.

Thanks for the catch.

Quote Originally Posted by dantiesilva View Post
    Wraith Tryant did I miss something?
    It's on the items available from the Trader. There's a +5 Siangham that is supposedly a key to the secret vaults of the Wraith Tyrant. A tidbit that was generated by the loot generator. Given that outside of the Death Door challenges, the modules are pretty much going to roll over against gestalt characters, things like this can add little bits that might spice things up if the players want to pursue them.

Sometimes they're potentially useful but extremely niche benefits. I think there was a wand that could turn coins or some specific things into potatoes, or one of the wands on offer shivers in the presence of vampires.

Most of those descriptor things I just delete, as I don't know that we're concerned that this particular potion on offer is contained in an alabaster vial and smells like rotten fish or whatever, but some are sufficiently interesting that I leave them in.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-03-15 at 01:45 PM.

11. - Top - End - #161

AssassinGuy

Missed that one. The answer is no for the time being.

Thanks for the catch.
    OK. Thanks.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

You're pretty much stuck buying what's current in town in the IC thread, or getting someone else to make it. Combining items are fine too, but we can't create any custom magic items outside of staves and the like.
    Got it, and there’s a wand of keen blade, awesome.

That being said, is there anyone who is able / willing to craft/ upgrade any equipment for alister?

Mithral breastplate+1
    Add enhanced crit multiplier for the Kukri +1’s?
    Add resistance (+2?) to existing vest of protection from evil
    Headband of intellect +2
    Gloves of dexterity +2
    Belt of giant strength +2
    Anklet of translocation
    Upgrade rop to +2
    Upgrade amulet of natural armor to +2
    TC for short

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

It's on the items available from the Trader. There's a +5 Siangham that is supposedly a key to the secret vaults of the Wraith Tyrant. A tidbit that was generated by the loot generator. Given that outside of the Death Door challenges, the modules are pretty much going to roll over against gestalt characters, things like this can add little bits that might spice things up if the players want to pursue them.

Sometimes they're potentially useful but extremely niche benefits. I think there was a wand that could turn coins or some specific things into potatoes, or one of the wands on offer shivers in the presence of vampires.

Most of those descriptor things I just delete, as I don't know that we're concerned that this particular potion on offer is contained in an alabaster vial and smells like rotten fish or whatever, but some are sufficiently interesting that I leave them in.
    Got it, so like Diablo 3 treasure goblins. Makes sense

14. - Top - End - #164

AssassinGuy

I may go through and do this at a later time, though I'm not in the headspace for it tonight.
    I took into account of your availability. This is directed more to QuadraticGish, whoiam & TheFallenOne to speed things up. I asked as some of the feat xp cost requests might be private hence eluding me unless their answered requests were in the previous and current OOC. If so, I may compile them. I asked because I am dubious.

Well then, I think I will start the commission and finishing updating my sheet.

Will be ordering some heal scrolls from Orchid for Levi. I guess I got the costs wrong because you can't cast level 5 spells at level 7.

@QuadraticGish Just to make sure. Is crafting Wondrous Items are 35% cost if we are not converting xp to gold?

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

None of my feat requests were private, you'll find all of them in the previous OOC thread.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

I took into account of your availability. This is directed more to QuadraticGish, whoiam & TheFallenOne to speed things up. I asked as some of the feat xp cost requests might be private hence eluding me unless their answered requests were in the previous and current OOC. If so, I may compile them. I asked because I am dubious.

Well then, I think I will start the commission and finishing updating my sheet.

Will be ordering some heal scrolls from Orchid for Levi. I guess I got the costs wrong because you can't cast level 5 spells at level 7.

@QuadraticGish Just to make sure. Is crafting Wondrous Items are 35% cost if we are not converting xp to gold?
    None of mine were private either. Wondrous items are at 28.125% of market price before commission.

@Thundercracker I'll figure out the prices for the stuff Orchid can do later tonight, or at least try.

Edit: Hey Fallen, can you post in IC if Solstafir is coming?
    Last edited by QuadraticGish; 2022-03-16 at 09:12 PM.

17. - Top - End - #167

AssassinGuy

Oh, so the 52.5% and 39.375% is after commission and xp conversion?

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, so the 52.5% and 39.375% is after commission and xp conversion?
    Yeah. The former is for anything that is not a Woundrous item or a graft. The latter is for Grafts and Woundrous items.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

The prices we typically quote are Pre-Commission, post-xp-conversion.

Buying a wondrous item or graft from Orchid costs 54.375% of the market price in GP in total, of which 15% is Orchid's commission, and 39.375% is the materials/xp cost.
    Buying a weapon or armor enchantment from Orchid or Solstafir costs 67.5% of the market price in GP in total, of which 15% is commission, and 52.5% is the cost of the materials/xp cost. This is also the cost of anything else Orchid can make, like potions, scrolls, or anything else she's just unlocked.
    Getting 'mundane' blacksmithing work from Solstafir costs 48% of the market price in GP in total, of which 15% is commission, and 33% is the cost of the materials.
    Last edited by whoiam; 2022-03-16 at 10:07 PM.

20. - Top - End - #170

AssassinGuy

Yeah. The former is for anything that is not a Woundrous item or a graft. The latter is for Grafts and Woundrous items.
    So what is the % value for miscellaneous crafting?

EDIT: Before the XP conversion and commission fee.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-03-16 at 10:05 PM.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

So what is the % value for miscellaneous crafting?

EDIT: Before the XP conversion and commission fee.
    For Homonculi, Magic Arms and Armor, Potions, Scrolls, and Wands it's 37.5%.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

Got it, and there’s a wand of keen blade, awesome.

That being said, is there anyone who is able / willing to craft/ upgrade any equipment for alister?
    Here's what Orchid can do.
    Add resistance (+2?) to existing vest of protection from evil costs 1,575gp in material plus the commission fee of 600gp for a total of 2,175gp.
    Headband of intellect +2 costs 1,575gp in material plus the commission fee of 600gp for a total of 2,175gp.
    Gloves of dexterity +2 costs 1,575gp in material plus the commission fee of 600gp for a total of 2,175gp.
    Belt of giant strength +2 costs 1,575gp in material plus the commission fee of 600gp for a total of 2,175gp.
    Anklet of translocation costs 551.25gp in material plus the commission fee of 210gp for a total of 761.25gp.
    Upgrade rop to +2 costs 2,362.5gp in material plus the commission fee of 900gp for a total of 3,262.5gp.
    Upgrade amulet of natural armor to +2 2,362.5gp in material plus the commission fee of 900gp for a total of 3,262.5

Total: 15,986.25gp
    Last edited by QuadraticGish; 2022-03-16 at 11:06 PM.

23. - Top - End - #173

AssassinGuy

@QuadraticGish Do we get XP discount on crafting?

EDIT: It seems we get 50% by calculating from your post.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-03-17 at 12:26 AM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by whoiam View Post
    The prices we typically quote are Pre-Commission, post-xp-conversion.

Buying a wondrous item or graft from Orchid costs 54.375% of the market price in GP in total, of which 15% is Orchid's commission, and 39.375% is the materials/xp cost.
    Buying a weapon or armor enchantment from Orchid or Solstafir costs 67.5% of the market price in GP in total, of which 15% is commission, and 52.5% is the cost of the materials/xp cost. This is also the cost of anything else Orchid can make, like potions, scrolls, or anything else she's just unlocked.
    Getting 'mundane' blacksmithing work from Solstafir costs 48% of the market price in GP in total, of which 15% is commission, and 33% is the cost of the materials.

This helps a lot, thanks.

One more feat cost question, what’s the cost for the saving throw improving feats: lightning reflexes, iron will, great fortitude?

Here's what Orchid can do.
    Add resistance (+2?) to existing vest of protection from evil costs 1,575gp in material plus the commission fee of 600gp for a total of 2,175gp.
    Headband of intellect +2 costs 1,575gp in material plus the commission fee of 600gp for a total of 2,175gp.
    Gloves of dexterity +2 costs 1,575gp in material plus the commission fee of 600gp for a total of 2,175gp.
    Belt of giant strength +2 costs 1,575gp in material plus the commission fee of 600gp for a total of 2,175gp.
    Anklet of translocation costs 551.25gp in material plus the commission fee of 210gp for a total of 761.25gp.
    Upgrade rop to +2 costs 2,362.5gp in material plus the commission fee of 900gp for a total of 3,262.5gp.
    Upgrade amulet of natural armor to +2 2,362.5gp in material plus the commission fee of 900gp for a total of 3,262.5

Total: 15,986.25gp
    Wow that's great, will possibly get all of that pending the costing of mithril breastplate +1 and the extra crit multiplier for kukris, assuming that can be done.
    How much are we able to sell equipment for? Existing mithril chain shirt +1 should cover a chunk of the cost of the mithril breastplate +1.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2022-03-17 at 09:03 AM.
    TC for short

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

One more feat cost question, what’s the cost for the saving throw improving feats: lightning reflexes, iron will, great fortitude?
    500 XP each.

26. - Top - End - #176

AssassinGuy

@Aegis013 Can we upgrade an item to their greater version they have one such as chasuble of fell power if we bought their lesser version?

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

@Aegis013 Can we upgrade an item to their greater version they have one such as chasuble of fell power if we bought their lesser version?
    Yes, that's fine.

28. - Top - End - #178

AssassinGuy

Going with Sacred Vitality for level 7 feat. Levi qualifies as long as he has Tenebrous bound.

Advance one level Warlock and Binder.

Invocations from Fruits: Walk Unseen & Void Sense

Bought Feats with XP

Point Blank Shot (500 XP) (Slot retrained for Wild Talent)
    Precise Shot (500 XP) (Slot retrained for Psionic Meditation)
    Extra Invocation (1000 XP; Dark One's Own Luck)
    Psionic Shot (1000 XP)
    Psionic Shot, Greater (2000 XP)
    Great Fortitude (500 XP)

Remaining XP to play with: 0 (Converted to Gold)

Items commissioned from Orchid/Solstafir with self-XP sacrificed for creation

Cloak of Charisma +4 (360 XP, 6900 gold which 2400 gold is commission paid to Orchid)
    Necklace of Adaptation & Chasuble of Fell Power (472.5 XP, 9056.25 gold which 3150 gold is commission paid to Orchid)
    Upgrade Vest of Resistance +2 to +3 (112.5 XP, 3881.25 gold which 1350 gold is commission paid to Orchid)
    Ring of Protection +2 (180 XP, 3440 gold which 1200 gold is commission paid to Orchid)
    Third Eye Clarity (67.5 XP, 1293.75 gold which 450 gold is commission paid to Orchid)
    Heal Scroll x2 (67.5 XP, 1181.25 gold which 168.75 gold is commission paid to Orchid)
    Death Ward (+1 Bonus) on shield (90 XP, 1075 gold (500 gold is free) which 450 gold is commission paid to Solstafir)
    Feather Token, Tree x1 (9 XP, 172.5 gold which 60 gold is commission paid to Orchid)

Gold needed for Purchase: 27000 gold

Gold Remaining: 1613 gold (+700 gold from 1:5 XP conversion)

Further Purchases TBD. Will be edit in or put in a new post when I wake up.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-03-27 at 10:16 AM.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

Anyone hear from Fallen at all? Seems like he hasn't checked in for a while.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

Anyone hear from Fallen at all? Seems like he hasn't checked in for a while.
    This is the only game I'm a part of at the moment on the forums so no on my end.